Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310449 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3300 on: January 04, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »
The thing is, though, Lantz, if you improved stuff like the grammar people would be more likely to listen to your concerns and to be generally less critical of you, and to read your stuff. However good a concept is, if it's hard to read people just won't bother.

Essentially this. I find lantz's posts to be very painful to read, and more often than not I find myself skimming them to avoid having to do so. As well, the poor grammar conveys an egotism behind his words that may well not be intentional. I find this very off-putting, personally, and it has made him difficult to interact with in general.

I believe that you should take this opportunity to make an effort in good faith to improve, lantzblades, so that perhaps your explanations and concerns will seem reasonable and sensible in turn. As it is you come off to me as someone who whines when others do not agree with them, makes excuses when others present problems to them, and is overall unreasonable and unwilling to cooperate.

I find it frankly amazing that Mike puts up with your attitude to the degree that he has so far, enough that he will come to bat for you like this repeatedly; it's a credit to him.

The grammar isn't the main issue. Even it I did improve it to the point where I was better than Elf the main issues would still be present and rampant.

If you would explain what you believe the 'main issues' are in this case, perhaps we could come to a better understanding of the matter. Please.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: January 04, 2014, 12:52:03 AM »
Yet another excellent post on the matter. :3

And lantz, I agree entirely with Aiden here (well, I agreed with him and YOLF entirely anyway, but that's besides the point), you should explain what you think the main issues are beyond your grammar. Because I believe there's issues with your writing beyond your grammar as well, albeit likely not what you think those issues are, but I want to see what you have to say about it.

EDIT: Forgot a few things.

Thank you, I try my best. ^c^
You're very welcome. :3 After all, you've more than earned it. :D

And to a certain fami person, he can at least rest assured that any characters I'm likely going to be bringing in won't be vampires. Don't know if that helps any, but there you go. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:57:49 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 04, 2014, 01:30:41 AM »
OK, so you want the OOC stuff out and about?

Fine.

I think all of lantz's characters are irredeemably bad and his buchering of every rule of Nasu Canon possible does not help matters with them. They're all sues (Aside from maybe his latest and Alter, but that's only because he hasn't posted with him yet) and I hate them all with a passion because of how they act, who they are, and how they're written.

I agree with YOLF and Alice and Aiden that lantz seriously needs to improve his posting style, but that will only slightly improve matters - the basic facts of just how freaking bad his characters are remains, but at least reading his posts won't hurt my eyes and make me want to go through it like a capitalizing bulldozer.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 04, 2014, 01:54:05 AM »
This doesn't seem genuine to me, it just looks like a set up to shit on me. As such I'll refrain from answering.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 04, 2014, 02:00:54 AM »
Fun fact Lantz - THIS ISN'T A SET UP. THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE GENUINELY FUCKING THINK.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 04, 2014, 02:06:20 AM »
Uh huh. If that's the attitude you're going to take with this, lantz, then tell me something:

Why should we even bother giving you even an ounce of respect if you fail to show even an ounce of effort? Instead, oh no, it's an attack on you. As such, your behavior has shown little that prompts us to treat you with respect. Respect is earned, not simply given.

So tell me, lantz, earnestly, what the hell have you even done to even earn the right for us to treat you with any respect?

Remember, this is coming from someone that was quite willing to be impartial and respectful to you, but eventually that got grated at and grated at until any ability for me to respect you at all and view you with the right amount of impartiality for my position here was essentially lost. All over a period of about four months. Think about that, lantz. Think about that hard.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:13:23 AM by Alice »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 04, 2014, 02:13:19 AM »
Well, I can't be convicted for trying.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 04, 2014, 02:15:13 AM »
Damn straight. :3 Plus those were some good words, even if they were lost on the person who most needed to hear them.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 04, 2014, 02:23:45 AM »
YOLF I did acknowledge your points. Do you know why? Because you didn't insult me in the process of making your points.

Arch, Alice and Aiden have all insulted me  today. When trying to help someone the appropriate way is not to insult the person you are trying to help.

I stated what I did previously because with the insults it looks like a way to brush off and shit on me for anything I say.

if that is not the point of this whole issue then the way to prove it is not to start in on me as Alice just has. I can't talk about my issues when this kind of response is what I get for being honest.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 04, 2014, 02:29:53 AM »
Aiden insulted you? Seriously? You actually think that.

Quit going "WAAAAAAA WAAAAA YOU'RE ALL AGAINST ME!" because we aren't. We're trying to help you and you seem not to get that and instead think the entire world is out to get you.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 04, 2014, 02:33:12 AM »
I am not certain how I have insulted you. I was presenting my issues with the impression I receive from your posts, which is an admittedly subjective experience on my part. Though, clearly, not an uncommon one. I am being as polite as I can be while presenting an issue with the personal image you present in your posts, and your general behavior in these threads.

Magos was insulting though, without a doubt.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:36:29 AM by Aiden »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 04, 2014, 02:34:57 AM »
I am not certain how I have insulted you. I was presenting my issues with the impression I receive from your posts, which is an admittedly subjective experience on my part. Though, clearly, not an uncommon one.

Somewhat guilty as charged, but honestly can you blame me when every time I've actually tried to help him he ignores me and whines about me attacking him? Quite the self fulfilling prophecy on Lantz's end.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: January 04, 2014, 02:37:36 AM »
I am not certain how I have insulted you. I was presenting my issues with the impression I receive from your posts, which is an admittedly subjective experience on my part. Though, clearly, not an uncommon one.

Somewhat guilty as charged, but honestly can you blame me when every time I've actually tried to help him he ignores me and whines about me attacking him? Quite the self fulfilling prophecy on Lantz's end.

I can, because the rest of us are making an effort here. You do not need to provoke him, no matter how justified your frustration is.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: January 04, 2014, 02:39:05 AM »
I am not certain how I have insulted you. I was presenting my issues with the impression I receive from your posts, which is an admittedly subjective experience on my part. Though, clearly, not an uncommon one. I am being as polite as I can be while presenting an issue with the personal image you present in your posts, and your general behavior in these threads.

Yeah, I can't really see what was insulting in your post, honestly. Magos was definitely insulting, yes, and I can understand him being a bit distrustful of Alice, but I can't see what he's talking about in your case.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 04, 2014, 02:39:35 AM »
...Honestly, I'm quite close to just saying that lantz should be kicked from the RP instead of simply punished again. This just proves exactly what we were saying.

You want to change my opinion, lantz? Actually improve your behavior instead of pulling this crap all the time. We're trying to help you and this is all you do in response. Like I said lantz, earn our respect instead of just spitting in our faces. Why do you think I lost all trust and faith in you to begin with, think about that.