Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310469 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3375 on: January 04, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »
OK, well, I should have a post soon. I'm considering whether to have Rider drop in right now, too....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: January 04, 2014, 11:36:20 PM »
Hopefully the grammar is better in my recent post

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: January 04, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »
It's both no better and you still have the SAME FUCKING PROBLEM I SPELLED OUT EARLIER.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: January 05, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
lantz, your grammar's a little better (your capitalization is still kinda all over the place though), but....

This is what I meant about you having problems beyond your grammar. Bizarro Rin is really coming across as an unlikeable bitch here, and a lot of this stuff seems pulled out of nowhere. Plus what she's doing is too much and without Forest's permission no less. She should at least listen to Lancer, who is Forest's voice while Forest herself is gone.

I don't care if she's doing this to repay Forest, the way she's going about it is a frivolous waste of power, just throwing her money around, and completely inconsiderate considering she didn't even bother to ask permission. All of this just secured in my Rin's mind that this version of herself is terrible, she can see why "Sakura" came out to be such a bitch herself, and has now vowed to not follow this Rin's example, no matter how overpowered she may be.

In other words, lantz, like I said earlier, you've hardly learned anything. Elf herself pointed out this problem with your characters, and yet you have completely failed to heed it.   

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: January 05, 2014, 12:18:50 AM »
Yikes. D: Hope your computer gets better soon. :( And hope work lets up on you some too.

At least Paris sounds really fun for ya, so I hope that all goes well. :D
Computer's fine now. Left it at my tech-savvy friend's place, he gave it back to me on my new year's party, fully formatted and functional and avast and shit reinstalled. What SUCKS is that I had a lot of stuff that I can't get back, like 3/5 of my fucking muscle wizard story (I had some on a USB key) and every single thing I ever wrote but never posted, including chapters in mid progress that I would probably have never gotten back to anyway.

The biggest annoyance is the muscle wizard stuff, because I was only ever going to start posting it once the arc was finished and I lost 30 000~ words out of close to 50 000.

Now how is Chad, underwear model and muscle wizard, suppose to bro it up with Lumberjack the woodland spirit, in the guise of the first human he saw, and face tree-eating trolls glamoured as humans in a paper factory? With difficulty, that's how.

And I'm not going to Paris, my best bro is. For six months. He's also the guy I hang out most with and I call him bro unjokingly, he is like a brother to me. Known him since we were 5. I'm going to get super lonely. And yes I have a gf, this is a different kind of lonely.

And Lantz... well, there was a reason for Satoshi taking swords up the ass at the station that I've already shared with you, so you know what whatever. Inferno Cop is going to see a shiny thing in the distance and go conquer new zealand or something. Do whatever with Satoshi the Lich. I mean, I had it planned so I could do other stuff with normal cops, but since I'm backing out for a while anyway, might as well not impede you.

And Magos told me he was K with fading to black, so... I guess I'll RP post now. ADHD in action, and blackscreen effect.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: January 05, 2014, 12:19:36 AM »
Filing cupboards and bringing in a suitable table is not much at all.

frankly your double standards are annoying Alice.

Edit: my mistake names. Still I did my best to make it work
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:25:05 AM by lantzblades »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: January 05, 2014, 12:24:17 AM »
Filing cupboards and bringing in a suitable table is not much at all.

frankly your double standards are annoying Alice.

She's violating the fundamental laws of the cosmos to remove the inconvenience of purchasing furniture.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:25:08 AM by Aiden »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: January 05, 2014, 12:27:29 AM »
Which law is this Aiden? And further understand that I was suggested to bring a car through earlier by elf so the idea of a table being an issue is rather odd in comparison.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: January 05, 2014, 12:30:32 AM »
Your Rin is literally wasting a miracle to remove one inconvenience she sees which really isn't bothering anyone else.

It's the principle of the thing. It's not that you're not allowed to do it, or that it's wrong to do something harmless in and of itself like bringing in furniture, but most of everyone (me included) thinks it's a bit of an insult to Rin's character to be frivolous and careless like that, to say the least.

All it's going to accomplish is making everyone else think very little or very badly of your Rin due to questionable writing of her character.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:31:35 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: January 05, 2014, 12:36:11 AM »
Which law is this Aiden? And further understand that I was suggested to bring a car through earlier by elf so the idea of a table being an issue is rather odd in comparison.

She's using the Second Sorcery, which is a violation of natural law. It is something on the order of telling the laws of physics 'no, conservation of mass and energy is meaningless' or 'I use my power to violate the light-speed limit'.

As in, she is using something that is not meant to be used lightly ever for... something as common as bringing furniture in from another world. We're talking about a mystery that is dangerous (possibly to the point of death, or damaging reality in some way) in the hands of an ancient master, and she's using it to summon furniture. I don't know what Elf allowed or not before, but that goes past 'irresponsible' and into 'just plain unbelievably silly'. It's so much unlike any plausible version of Rin Tohsaka to do a thing like that, and I find myself unable to see her as an actual continuation or development of the one we see in the source material.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: January 05, 2014, 12:36:17 AM »
Yet again you guys assume that's all she's bringing in, she said she needed space

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: January 05, 2014, 12:37:27 AM »
As in, she is using something that is not meant to be used lightly ever for... something as common as bringing furniture in from another world. We're talking about a mystery that is dangerous (possibly to the point of death, or damaging reality in some way) in the hands of an ancient master, and she's using it to summon furniture. I don't know what Elf allowed or not before, but that goes past 'irresponsible' and into 'just plain unbelievably silly'. It's so much unlike any plausible version of Rin Tohsaka to do a thing like that, and I find myself unable to see her as an actual continuation or development of the one we see in the source material.

Doesn't the Kaleidostick basically use the Second Magic to turn its owner into a Magical Girl...?

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: January 05, 2014, 12:42:26 AM »
Ruby is not Rin though?

Also the magical girl part is completely unnecessary. COMPLETELY

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: January 05, 2014, 12:44:27 AM »
Yeah, the complete lack of necessity of it is my point. Ruby does not take the Second Magic seriously at all, and the impression I get of Zelretch in general is that he doesn't. Using it for frivilrous stuff seems totally normal to me, although admittedly Rin doing it is different.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: January 05, 2014, 12:45:52 AM »
Yet again you guys assume that's all she's bringing in, she said she needed space

Unless she's got some precious utterly invaluable and irreplaceable thing that she genuinely cannot live without, it remains a frivolous use of cosmic power.

Doesn't the Kaleidostick basically use the Second Magic to turn its owner into a Magical Girl...?

I'm not sure how turning someone into a beam-spamming warrior of justice who happens to have an impractical uniform because the item is a sapient troll is somehow equivalent to summoning your household items across the boundaries of universes, in any case.