Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310323 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3390 on: January 05, 2014, 12:52:48 AM »
Yeah, the complete lack of necessity of it is my point. Ruby does not take the Second Magic seriously at all, and the impression I get of Zelretch in general is that he doesn't. Using it for frivilrous stuff seems totally normal to me, although admittedly Rin doing it is different.
Rin isn't Zelretch either?

The most frivolously we've seen Rin use magic was to fix Shirou's window.

And for foreplay I guess, depending on what you call that scene at school where she shoots at Shirou.

But yeah my point is if two people don't take something seriously, doesn't mean everyone will. And the second isn't a toy, as Zelretch lost a whole lot of power after overusing it that one time. Rin doesn't have his experience with it, either. She wouldn't use it unless necessary. Using it for something so small is... wasteful. And Rin isn't wasteful, she's a hoarder.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: January 05, 2014, 12:53:59 AM »
Yes Aiden exactly, not that she's going to actually tell anyone there about such an item

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: January 05, 2014, 12:55:02 AM »
Yes Aiden exactly, not that she's going to actually tell anyone there about such an item

... then couldn't she just quietly pull such an item to herself in the privacy of a bedroom where she doesn't have to make a spectacle of it in front of everyone else?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: January 05, 2014, 12:57:57 AM »
She's using the magic to the maximum extent she can for one use. It's far more effective to get as many items in one trip as she can.

getting a single item is a waste when you can get ten with the same effort

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: January 05, 2014, 01:00:12 AM »
Sakura could probably have projected the materials if she didn't overexert herself earlier. Kinda ironic.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: January 05, 2014, 01:05:59 AM »
Yet again you guys assume that's all she's bringing in, she said she needed space

Unless she's got some precious utterly invaluable and irreplaceable thing that she genuinely cannot live without, it remains a frivolous use of cosmic power.

So? If doing something is easy for her (and I'm not saying it is), then why should she only use it in exceptional cases? The fact that she's breaking the laws of physics is irrelevant, all that matters is how difficult and/or dangerous it is for her to actually do it, and whether her desire to achieve the thing she's trying to achieve outweighs that difficulty.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: January 05, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
lantz, this whole thing is stupid. It's like Aiden, YOLF and Nachos all pointed out (all of you continue to be awesomes~ :3), it's wasting a freaking Miracle that's potentially really dangerous for something as frivolous as bringing in a bunch of furniture and beer crates and crap. And it's NOT to be used lightly. Plus throwing around power and money so frivolously in front of freaking everyone is not within Rin's character at all. She's really frugal, and is pretty conservative about her magic until, you know, she actually needs it for the most part. It's a pretty blatant insult to Rin's character.

Plus the fact remains that this is being done without Forest's permission. Don't you think Forest kinda deserves, you know, the right to know about something as big as a freaking portal being created in her kitchen?

This is a problem with a good number of your characters, lantz. There's been more than a number of abuses of power, and it's God Modding. Honestly, I know everyone must be sick of me saying this by this point, but I do think there should be bare minimum some sort of GM administered punishment for this.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: January 05, 2014, 01:14:24 AM »
Alice you're using the term wrong

God modding is using outside information inside an RP

It's like if say I made a super ninja called gaidenryu shadowdarkness and I had him skulking in the shadows, observing some guy's RP character, and then the player suddenly goes "I FLASH MUH FLASHLIGHT AT THE CORNER WHERE SHADOWDARKNESS IS" even though his character should have no idea he's there, just because he thinks he should be allowed to be retarded.

Which he is, but if he's retarded in anyone's general direction we're perfectly allowed to tell him to find a bag of dicks and choke on it.

The closest Lantz has come to this is having Satoshi bring up buying the deeds to the lands he built his castle on after we butted heads about it here. And that was shut down pretty fast, because of the law not working that way.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:20:19 AM by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: January 05, 2014, 01:17:14 AM »
It's called hiding in plain sight, activating the miracle privately would present questions. Getting an important item among an assortment of mundane ones is good sense.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: January 05, 2014, 01:18:58 AM »
Can we not use the word 'faggot' outside the original context of 'bundle of sticks', please? Thanks.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: January 05, 2014, 01:19:51 AM »
Oops sorry, sometimes I forget I'm desensitized to that kind of stuff and other people aren't. I'll change it.

Really sorry man

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: January 05, 2014, 01:26:28 AM »
Oops sorry, sometimes I forget I'm desensitized to that kind of stuff and other people aren't. I'll change it.

Really sorry man

Thanks. No harm done!

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: January 05, 2014, 01:28:39 AM »
Ahh, OK- sorry about that Nachos. ^_^" In many ways I'm still a noob to RPing, so I'm still getting the lingo down. My bad.

My basic point still stands though that lantz's characters have a habit of using their powers in ridiculous and unnecessary ways that's an abuse of power, even if it's not God Modding. And it should still be dealt with.

And lantz... lantz, that doesn't justify anything.

To divert from this momentarily, sorry to hear that, Nachos. :( Even without a trip to Paris, hope things start getting better for you soon, and that work decides to take it far easier on you. :)

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: January 05, 2014, 01:31:38 AM »
She's getting special items Alice, that does justify it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 05, 2014, 01:49:43 AM »
Then why didn't she take those with her in the first place? It's not like Rin to be that unprepared. So it's not much of a justification, really.