Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310345 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3435 on: January 05, 2014, 04:44:57 PM »
It doesn't have to do with what you've had her say Alice. Rin is trying to not say out loud that she's bringing in certain items, as she said jack is her enemy. She's trying to say that she's not using the second for random inconvenience X.

the word frugal just makes sense to come from Rin. It sounds like her vocabulary
...Except she is using the second for random inconvenience X. So your explanation is certainly metagaming and also hilariously wrong. I mean seriously Lantz, its like you ignore every point everyone makes about this being stupid.

She's not using the second for "random inconvenience X", though. Lantz already explained that. And, if it is meta-gaming it's no more so than a bunch of stuff other people have done.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: January 05, 2014, 05:03:10 PM »
Erm, Magos, Alice, Rider isn't even in the house yet, let alone in the kitchen....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: January 05, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
...I think I spelled out he moved into the doorway.

She's not using the second for "random inconvenience X", though. Lantz already explained that. And, if it is meta-gaming it's no more so than a bunch of stuff other people have done.
Except it IS using the second for "random inconvenience X." No, really. She doesn't need to do any of that shit and honestly it'd be less of a waste to just go out and BUY THAT SHIT rather than using the magic to summon it from another dimension which is a waste.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:11:53 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: January 05, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
True, although it sounded like you were making it out to be quite a short journey.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: January 05, 2014, 05:13:26 PM »
Yeah, my bad on that one.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: January 05, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
Except it IS using the second for "random inconvenience X." No, really. She doesn't need to do any of that shit and honestly it'd be less of a waste to just go out and BUY THAT SHIT rather than using the magic to summon it from another dimension which is a waste.

No, because she's also bringing in something else. Lantz just doesn't want to tell you what....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: January 05, 2014, 06:17:29 PM »
Indeed, already cleared the items with elf in fact. It's called misdirection. Older Rin looks like a fool but later has secret weapons and the like. Subterfuge because war, war never changes

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
Jack's not taking chances here. He needs to get a judge of Riders tendency to violence and feeding. And if she's a threat to him or his turf, he's going to make sure she knows who's boss there.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
I think that would work somewhat better if Rider wasn't a fallen goddess and heroic spirit who can almost certainly kick his ass with little difficulty (especially if he's not in Frenzy)....

She's not likely to attack him, though, except possibly as a misunderstanding. She's generally sympathetic towards vampires and the like because, well, she's a monster herself.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:43:14 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: January 05, 2014, 06:46:44 PM »
I think that would work somewhat better if Rider wasn't a fallen goddess and heroic spirit who can almost certainly kick his ass with little difficulty (especially if he's not in Frenzy)....

She's not likely to attack him, though, except possibly as a misunderstanding. She's generally sympathetic towards vampires and the like because, well, she's a monster herself.
You're implying that Jack knows this at all. To him, she's probably an Apostle, and thus a chump that can't even freaking have a decent amount of elder vampires. And he's willing to listen to reason.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: January 05, 2014, 06:53:06 PM »
Nah, I wasn't implying that Jack was acting OOC or stupidly here, just that his plan has a rather fatal flaw.

Still, Rider has no real reason to fight him. She won't be too pleased about the whole "trying to eat Sakura" thing (true or not, she'll trust Taiga and Kiyoshi over him), but the distance in relationship from her own master is enough that she won't go mad over it.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: January 05, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »
He's not planning on fighting her. The knuckles are for if she snaps at him. Faster than producing the claws in a pinch

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: January 05, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »
Fair enough.

Also, I've posted with Kiyoshi, but not Rider quite yet. Rider will be done soon.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: January 05, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »
OK, edited in Rider's post.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: January 05, 2014, 08:13:14 PM »
The Vampire Dimension.

The. Vampire. Dimension.

Lantz, that is so stupid I couldn't breath laughing so hard.