Author Topic: Lantz's fanfiction round up and discussion  (Read 37159 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Lantz's fanfiction round up and discussion
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »
well i wouldn't call ilya strong exactly. and shirou isn't an ally magnet, just a nice person.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2013, 01:06:13 AM »
well i wouldn't call ilya strong exactly.

In terms of supporting a servant, she's by far the best master out there, even including Rin and unwormed Sakura.

and shirou isn't an ally magnet, just a nice person.

Well, yeah, that's kind-of what I meant. The point is that he has no desire to fight people, which means he's not going to go out and start picking a fight with Rin, Sakura etc., and he's also a generally very likeable person. Plus, since he's the protagonist, Sakura or Rin going against him means they'd have to be antagonists, which I wouldn't want (particularly in Sakura's case).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2013, 02:03:37 AM »
In terms of supporting a servant, she's by far the best master out there, even including Rin and unwormed Sakura.

yes true

Well, yeah, that's kind-of what I meant. The point is that he has no desire to fight people, which means he's not going to go out and start picking a fight with Rin, Sakura etc., and he's also a generally very likeable person. Plus, since he's the protagonist, Sakura or Rin going against him means they'd have to be antagonists, which I wouldn't want (particularly in Sakura's case).

i wouldn't call them antagonists

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2013, 02:11:58 AM »

yes true

Yeah, exactly.

That's my worry, that the Shirou/Ilya team is going to be extremely powerful. And, since Shirou isn't going to pick a fight with anyone unless forced into it, that means that most people will be smart enough to stay away from him or ally with him, for self-preservation if nothing else.

i wouldn't call them antagonists

Well, they are by definition (the antagonist is just someone who opposes the protagonist). The point is, though, that I don't want Sakura, in particular, to be opposed to Shirou the whole way through, because I want them to be friends (ideally before the story even starts, but if not I certainly want them to be good friends (if not lovers) by the end). And, I also don't really want her to lose her servant too early on.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:59 AM »
Well I'm not sure it's a bad idea to have the emiyas as a strong force outright I mean shirou ran the table being considered a half ass as for Sakura losing her servant um what?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 12, 2013, 02:26:50 AM »
Well I'm not sure it's a bad idea to have the emiyas as a strong force outright I mean shirou ran the table being considered a half ass

Yes, which implies he's going to walk it if he's not a "half-ass"....

as for Sakura losing her servant um what?

Well, losing her servant early on means she can't really fight that much.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 12, 2013, 02:32:07 AM »
I meant where you got the idea of Joan of arc dying in the first place. As for shirou I think being a clear threat will ward off allies

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 12, 2013, 03:04:18 AM »
I meant where you got the idea of Joan of arc dying in the first place.

Well, from the idea of balancing it whilst having Sakura and Shirou remain friends.

As for shirou I think being a clear threat will ward off allies

Only if those allies are interested primarily or solely in winning the war, which doesn't really fit for Rin or Sakura (although Rin claims she is). And, like I said, I would like Sakura to be close to Shirou, which implies a likely alliance.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 12, 2013, 03:08:05 AM »
He has saber, I imagine she and Joan of arc would get along like gang busters  and why can't they ally if they are strong?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 12, 2013, 03:12:09 AM »
He has saber, I imagine she and Joan of arc would get along like gang busters  and why can't they ally if they are strong?

Well, they can, but stories where the good guys curb-stomp everyone else don't tend to be very interesting....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 12, 2013, 03:16:19 AM »
True but I this as more character based then a straight up fighting story 

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 12, 2013, 03:23:31 AM »
True but I this as more character based then a straight up fighting story

Well, yes, true. Even so, Shirou curb-stomping everyone isn't going to make for much of an interesting anything, particularly if we want the other servants to get any character development.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 12, 2013, 03:30:21 AM »
Well there are fourteen servants, Ilya and shirou have to be allied here

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 12, 2013, 03:37:48 AM »
Well there are fourteen servants, Ilya and shirou have to be allied here

Yeah, I know. Ilya doesn't have to have an overwhelmingly strong servant, though. Hell, she doesn't even have to be involved at all.

Also, Kiritsugu is another potential issue, if he starts targetting enemy masters. Aside from the obvious curb-stomp potential, there's also a danger of him targetting someone like Rin or Sakura, particularly given Sakura's connection to Kotomine.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 12, 2013, 03:43:26 AM »
Two points, first we need an alternative servant to Hercules then, point two kiritsugu post fourth is a nice guy, at worst he'd incapacitate masters