Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 178445 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #915 on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:16 AM »
Eleanor

Fool. What a fool. Eleanor could scarcely comprehend the idiocy it took to attempt and blunder into the Mansus' secrets. If she was unlucky she was about to ruin the occultist's clothes with a fresh coating of blood. If she was lucky then maybe Eleanor would only need the local institution to take care of another lunatic. But if she was more than just lucky then--

Lighthart

The only ways were up and down. The Mother of Ants watched both, so an injury was needed to open a way through. Her hands raised with surgical grace, one with a scalpel and the other with a dainty hook. First the blade came ever so gently. She pressed it against her pupil and with a gentle pull it was drawn against the pupil. The pupil was divided. From top to bottom a little cut exposed a glimpse of the material within. A pinprick... but from that they would form a wound. A soft cloth pressed against it, wiping the surface until it was as dry as possible.

Then her fingers pressed against the sides of the cut before spreading it wide. After came the hook, precisely jabbing into the side of the wound before abruptly pulling back. Its prize was a small bit of iris. Then again and again, a quiet squelching sound as the flesh was pierced and torn again. And again and again, carving into the lens and gently ripping it apart before tearing into the retina. Each time she slowly extracted the scrap of eye flesh before flicking it to the side. Until finally it was all but hollow. Only the white of the sclera remaining.

Then she raised her tools to her other eye and did it again.

In the end, there was only light. Twin gaping holes rested in her eyes with nothing but the hollow white remaining. Dried of fluid, the look was wholly unnatural to any who saw it. But the wound was enough. The Mansus had been opened to her if she pursued it. But then, unbeknowest to any, she spotted the secret in the Watchman's shadow. A fragment of the Hours' most sacred prophecy... and something more. "The Watchman goes before; none but seven may go after. Yet surely we are born to the Glory as the sparks fly upwards."

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:23:05 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 20, 2018, 01:32:30 AM »
Lighthart

The hole stretched.

It opened.

But rather than following the script, Lighthart sunk her finger into the holes opened in her eyes. In that moment, their emptiness was replaced with golden flames.

"Shut up."

A voice rang defiantly to the scene, as if there was another spectator to the grotesque event. In truth, it was naught but her own voice, shaking down the pages of the story she had immersed herself in. The halls began to crack, the actors left stage, and Lighthart found herself before the Watchman. To all of this, she only smiled as her mind rejected this outcome.

Surely an enemy of humanity would not expect her to stay idle after such a declaration. She rose her steel with all her might. And the vision fell.

BEGONE

When she opened her eyes, she was looking at Eleanor. At least, for as much as one could look, her eyes a ghastly mirror of the person she had peered into. It was almost funny, how she had seemingly pierced her chest, yet the only truly wounded one was Lighthart, breathing heavily, her blood racing and her body sweating for the first time in years.

She smiled and licked the blood off her face.

"So this was all? Really?"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:38:44 AM by francobull3 »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 20, 2018, 02:00:11 AM »
Lily

"Are you asking me for help? Sure I can help you, just wait a mooo-ment." The short redhead dashed here and there, perfectly avoiding any potential collisons as she picked out all kinds of underwear, from cute ones with embroderies, to more risque ones. Then she darted back to Olga and pushed her into the nearest changing room along with her.

"You'll just have to try everyone and we'll see ok?" Lily replied, finally amused that she'd manage to get some payback on Olga, the spirit was certain being watched when trying clothes was gonna make her uncomfrotable but she had no plans on leaving, oh no she would stay until she was satisfied.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 20, 2018, 02:18:33 AM »
Eleanor

It appeared she was the one who was truly unlucky. Her annoyances didn't even have the decency to die and leave her be. So she opened her eyed and looked carefully. "An intensification of Lantern and a wound of opening. You've met the Watchman and stood in the shadow of his mercy then?"

She laughed. It was high, and lovely, but fueled more by the deep breathes of smoke she had been taking and bitterness rather than joy. "That means nothing."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 20, 2018, 02:25:43 AM »
Lighthart

"The sun would cower under no shade." A fist tapped no less lightly on the girl's head than a child on a wooden door.

"Hrm, how bitter though. It seems even my body has limit, I wanted to peer past that and see what these seven were with my own eyes." She restrained a pitiful chuckle, shaking her head but speaking of that prophecy as if it were a mere afterthought. "Still, this sight truly is lovely. And what an exquisite pain, I truly do feel alive. Tell me, is this what would have your eyes look down in submission or do you merely enjoy the feeling?"

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:39:46 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 20, 2018, 03:22:31 AM »
Eleanor

The seven. Seven? She knew, Eleanor knew that number. Seven! Seven, seven, seven, seven, seven, sevensevensevensevensevensevensevensevensevensevense7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777--

She wanted to claw out her own eyes, she was going to scream, she was going to tear herself apart piece by piece. "What do you know of the Rite Intercalate?" As sudden and overwhelming calm, like a storm that suddenly vanished. Her face twisted into an overwhelming smile.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:23:34 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 20, 2018, 03:35:34 AM »
Lighthart

"Haaah? And why should I show what I know to the willfully blind?" She crossed her arms and looked at her with contempt, purely enjoying the view from above, dodging the question as if she could see right through what she meant in the first place, and in turn answering in a way that struck far harsher than any word.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 20, 2018, 03:38:23 AM »
Lucy

"Surely you mean a worthy foe, one such as yourself can hardly be deigned a hunter." She floated past him, around him like the calming sea. "Nay, it is a warrior that stand before me, one more sturdy than the very mountains at our feet."

Her frame tiny in comparison rose through the air until he was dangling over her no more. "Even so, the challenges ahead of us cannot be overcome with brute force yet brute force is needed."

"What I need is the grandest of churches, through its corruption we would find ourselves one step closer to bringing back your comrades." The cave itself shook as her mind lashed out at the world and the bindings that held her in place.

soon.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 20, 2018, 04:07:19 AM »
Jalut the True

Hrm. She wasn't turning into salt, and honestly she was starting to make him blush a little. Or maybe that was the alcohol. Either way, this talk of corruption sounded interesting! Very well. "Hahahahahaha! Flattery can only get you so far, welp!" He even rubbed up her hair with his massive hand, making a fluffy mess out of her oversized puffy crown of silver locks.

"But I suppose we must do something about our predicament... alright, I will seek that church and tarnish it for centuries to come! You have my word on that!"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 20, 2018, 04:09:51 AM »
Eleanor

But she kept talking, as if she didn't even see the other woman. Or perhaps it was that comment which drove her even deeper. Her eyes were wide and hopelessly blank. "Intercalate. In-ter-cal-ate. An insertion of time. Weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds... Hours! The Hour of the Sun! Haha, it was supposed to be mine. Everything had been so perfectly planned in the end. Flesh in the evidence, beautiful Cyprians, my glorious instruments, and the essence of Thirst. Smooth without red within. The Ivories, the Lovelies, the Thirstlies, they should have been mine. So why did the Sun burn me-- why did it!?" Her hands did not tremble but were utterly still, and for just a moment one could see the kind of person she once was.

Her eyes were not empty but filled with the light of the Lantern, her cunning sharpened to Edge's cutting point, her Heart was ceaseless, her intentions shrouded by Moth, her hands coated with Knock, her compassion deadened by Winter, her flesh straining with the potential of Forge, and her barest breathes the intoxicating musk of Grail. There was little truly human in her; she was more Aspect than flesh. It was a mockery, madness that she should be here wallowing in the Histories when the truths of the Mansus was where she truly belonged! And yet she was still here.

But soon even that was gone with the deep inhalation from her pipe. For now, that monster was quelled. "I... apologize. You're a truly wretched existence but that was unbecoming of me."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 20, 2018, 04:16:37 AM »
Lighthart

The glowing orbs that had replaced her eyeballs were opened wide in surprise. For a moment, she just stood there, as if she had to process what just happened.

"That is alright! It is a hero's duty to suffer the ramblings of children." She smiled brightly with open arms, her eyes close and her smile as radiant as the sun shining from above. She was no more than another speck, but she was glad. It seemed even a corpse had some life to it. She liked that.

"Do not be sorry! Be better!" She even gave her a cheerful slap on the back to encourage her. In the face of all that just happened, it was somehow even more surreal, as if Eleanor had been sucker punched.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:17:53 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 20, 2018, 04:24:37 AM »
Eleanor

False suns were devoured by the illumination of the Truth. Giants among were crushed in the presence of true greatness. But for now at least she would not concern herself with those things. "We've gotten quite a bit off track. Was there a reason for knocking the girl out?"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:25:20 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 20, 2018, 05:01:27 AM »
Lucy

Silvery hair like finest silk, no softer, it's luster beyond mortal ilk. A pure and untainted radiance, like moonlight taken physical form. That was the hair that adorned head, and the hair Jalut the True was currently making a fuzzy mess out of of. Despite it's supreme luster there was no resistance from it, her locks curling around his hand in a gentle affectionate embrace, smothering his hand with affection. It was like her hair was the one patting his hand and not the other way around.

"Do not be hasty my beastly companion."

Lucy raised but one hand to quell his excitement. No more movements were necessary, no to make any more was to be excessive in the gravest sense, an offense to this pristine moment and to her companion.

"My own presence there is of the highest necessity for the ritual to succeed, as is yours. Will you promise to help me with its completion? 

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 20, 2018, 06:04:57 AM »
Hannah

"Ugh." Speaking of said girl, she was picking herself up right now. Hannah felt distant echoes of abhorrent truths lurking at the edges of her frayed consciousness. They were something foreign to the human experience, alien to the demonic palate, and she felt a shiver go up her spine at their shadow. "Stupid, uncouth familiars..."

She shook her head, and took in the sight of Eleanor and Lighthart speaking to each other in a not-so-chummy way. She ran her hand through her hair to push it back into place, and adjusted her crooked glasses on her nose. "Well, I suppose we can call that duel your win then, Eleanor. I would like to learn a little more about how you pulled that off. Preferably in a more controlled fashion than my own attempt."

If it was something so unlike a demon, then of course this cambion wanted to know about it. The more power she had past her father's shadow the better.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 20, 2018, 06:08:22 AM »
Charlotte

Charlotte barely put any thought into picking off the parting shots with Lenny Nickels while she finished unjamming Willy Pete. With that done, the bounty hunter figured that her mark would have enough of a lead at this point and took off after the raven-haired woman, eyes still burning crimson and lit up with sparks of excitement.

"What, take a rain check on some well-earned fun? Not happenin', darling!" Charlotte called back, leaping over the court all together and following after her.

Dahlia

She kicked up a trash can lid and took a shot of her own off it as she ran past. Her hope was that the ricochet would at least distract her pursuer long enough to let her maintain her lead. The bounty hunter was faster, but if Dahlia could just reach her bike...

That woman could probably just shoot it out from under her if not for it being a piece of stolen property. That would work to her advantage as she hopped on and seamlessly hit the ignition. For good measure she kicked her hunter's bike over onto its side right before the engine on her's kicked in.