Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 176532 times)

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2670 on: October 01, 2018, 09:27:24 PM »
Valerie

A dark disturbing shadow rolled over her face, distorting her expression, hiding it behind the veil of blackest night, a chilling domain absent of light, the domain of those who rise as the sun dies.

A nature such as this couldn't be possibly be fought, couldn't be resisted in this slightest. It changed, turned all in its sight, but even so....

There was nothing but blinding optimism.

"That is true and all, but going along that line of thought..."

She took his hand, only to pull herself in closer with the same blinding speed, intimately close to him, close enough for a mere whisper to be heard even over the gentle breeze.

"Would it not be fair for me to inflict the same treatment onto you, after the hardships you have made me endure, it appears this is the most opportune of times to make things right."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: October 01, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »
Yusho

One of the coins failed to plink to Shinji's lap. Yusho flicked it between his fingers and leveled a questioning gaze at the other man for a moment.

"Let's go with cheese and crackers." He answered the bartender with a grin, grabbing the cold mug and downing part of the contents past his lips. The refreshing bitterness of malt filled his needy throat with a relaxed sigh, and he looked back at Shinji. "And that axe? Pick it up somewhere too?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: October 01, 2018, 11:27:27 PM »
Thug

The thugs turned and began walking away with the understanding that they were a makeshift hit squad.  The plan was to meet up with Jackie and Jill, then come back to Valantine.  A few of them wondered if she wanted to be alone.  After all, this was her house.  However, most of them did not think about it too hard.  Instead they broke into a jog, intent on leaving their boss who was clearly in a weird mood.

Thea

She nodded intently, and turned her attention back to Tsumiko once she picked up on their plans and route. "I know where they'll be going. Let us hurry before they return to Victor, then double back to Valentine."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: October 02, 2018, 02:43:37 AM »
Family

"Ah so your one of those modern mages?" the count chimed in.  "Did you both meet over bounty hunting?"

Unbeknownst to the rest of the normal humans in the room, a strange smell was wafting in.  It was undetectable to human noses, but those with an animalistic scent might be able to smell an intense bitter scent.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: October 02, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »
Nanako

The squirrel girl's eyes started to glaze over as the other two and the newest brother started talking about magic and powersets, glancing over at Steaven and patting him on the head absentmindedly. Then a sharp stench hit her, Nanako wrinkling her nose again as she looked around.

"Hey, any of you guys smell that?" the squirrel girl piped up suddenly, "Smells like pickled herring. Or something else awful."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: October 02, 2018, 02:54:08 AM »
Bartender

The bartender couldn't get a good read on them.  Between the cocky attitudes and talk of combat, they seemed like bounty hunters.  Even then, bounty hunters come through this bar all the time.  Most don't order milkshakes.  They must either be really strong, or just too arrogant for their own good.

In any case, the bartender walked away, fetching the cheese and crackers from the kitchen.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: October 02, 2018, 03:05:01 AM »
Yusho

One of the coins failed to plink to Shinji's lap. Yusho flicked it between his fingers and leveled a questioning gaze at the other man for a moment.

"Let's go with cheese and crackers." He answered the bartender with a grin, grabbing the cold mug and downing part of the contents past his lips. The refreshing bitterness of malt filled his needy throat with a relaxed sigh, and he looked back at Shinji. "And that axe? Pick it up somewhere too?"

Shinji

He flicked a gold coin on his thumb and sighed. "You can say that. Damn bugger will follow wherever I go, but if I bury it deep enough it'll stay off my back for a bit. I guess you could call it my curse."

His eyes turned to the bartender. It was with his usual deadpan nonchalance that he called him out, if somewhat brusquely.

"Oi, fine, won't tease you, but do you have anything remotely sweet?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:06:13 AM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: October 02, 2018, 04:34:24 AM »
Thug

The thugs turned and began walking away with the understanding that they were a makeshift hit squad.  The plan was to meet up with Jackie and Jill, then come back to Valantine.  A few of them wondered if she wanted to be alone.  After all, this was her house.  However, most of them did not think about it too hard.  Instead they broke into a jog, intent on leaving their boss who was clearly in a weird mood.

Thea

She nodded intently, and turned her attention back to Tsumiko once she picked up on their plans and route. "I know where they'll be going. Let us hurry before they return to Victor, then double back to Valentine."

Tsumiko

Tsumiko nodded, and the shadow enveloped them once more. Her bugs patroled outside the house and they popped out a dozen or so meters away on a rooftop. "Do you have a plan on how to capture her?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: October 02, 2018, 04:36:19 AM »
Tsumiko

Tsumiko nodded, and the shadow enveloped them once more. Her bugs patroled outside the house and they popped out a dozen or so meters away on a rooftop. "Do you have a plan on how to capture her?"

Thea

Thea shook her head, still trying to get accustomed to that feeling. It was... strange. "I will use my powers to restrain her, if I can. If she resists too much then I'll suffocate her. If I cannot grab her...? Shoot her legs. I can at least staunch the bleeding."

They were at just the position to stop the thugs about... a quarter of the way to Victor's place. That mean they wouldn't have to go very far to get back to Valentine. So she pinpointed the vehicle they were using and lifted two fingers up. The entire thing lifted up off the street.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:02:07 AM by Aiden »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 02, 2018, 01:28:57 PM »
District of Little Russia, throne room of The Vinter Palace

Yukari rubbed her forhead,desperately trying to mitigate the oncoming headache as best she could. It was a disaster, there really wasn't any other way to describe, what had happened it was-

"Milady we're getting reports that yet another villa-"

Pang.

Her damn headache just intensified with the ever moutning issues thrust on her. What was te meaning of this charade, how had she ended up back here? Right where she had started, right back to the place which she had run away from-

"What are your orde-"

How? How had this come to be? She was supposed to be a charlatan, a trickster adviser, the court jester, not.... Not this.

Not the one with the weight of a country on her shoudlers.

"Milady!"

"Shut up I'm thinking!" The Kitsune finally snapped at the commander of the guards, the young man visibly recoiled from shock, taking a step back.

The Empress had brazenly charged out on her own at the first sign of attack and had left her the de facto leader here. Problem is it turned out to be far more than that. A multi pronged attack, from different directons, the secondary attack being delayed to let the first one be a bait. It was quite ingenious how well coordinated it all was, Yukari would have praised them if she wasn't on the receiving end of it.

"Take half of the men and head north, do a sweep eastwards and mop up all resistence you can find. If you see any citizens behaving oddly, avoid them at all costs but if they get too close don't hesitate." Going by the reports they'd been getting it would already be too late for some of them. It was very regrettable but now wasn't the time to mourn or be sentimental, the lives of everyone still remaining depended on it.

What about the Pala-"

"Hunkering down in our base would be a mistake at this point, that's exactly what the enemy wants, that's why I will head to the south-" She held a hand to stop the protests dead. "Don't concern yourself with my safety, I know what I'm doing. SO HURRY UP AND DO YOUR DUTY CAPTAIN!" The guards scrambled and left the throne room. She spared them a single glance before venturing out herself.

The surrounding areas weren't quite as chilly as the halls of the Winter Palace itself, that place had been a real nightmare when she'd first begun working here. But the biting winds was still enough to make her wish she was wearing one of those cloaks. She stomped the ground in frustration, now wasn't the time to be worrying about comfort, she couldn't let anyone see her like this. Quickyl recomposing herself she continued south.

It didn't take long, an almost sickenly short time for her to encounter the first signs of the wrongness that the village had been forced to endure. Or maybe the repulsive nature of the calamity she was facing compressed her sense of time, she'd heard of that concept. In especially tense situations a heartbeat could last an eternity, an eternty of anguish and anticipation.

That moment was now and she was living it whether she liked it or not.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:49:32 PM by Bern »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: October 02, 2018, 08:48:32 PM »
Sakura and Shirou

Shirou pondered the question for a moment, unsure of what exactly the count meant by 'modern mage'.

"Hmm, yes, I guess we probably are. At least, we were very modern relative to most mages back home", he said.

At that, Sakura giggled slightly.

"Yes, Nee-san was never very good with technology", she said, referring to Rin as her sister despite their lack of closeness.

"And, no, we didn't meet through bounty hunting. Sempai was my ...childhood sweetheart", she said, hesitating a little to attempt to find the best way of explaining how they had come to be together. "He wanted to travel around saving and protecting people, and I went with him. "

"Then, we were transported here and, well, we needed to find a way to live somehow, so we became bounty hunters. We still do our best to save people, though. We won't take jobs which aren't justified, and if we see someone in trouble we'll help them regardless of whether they can afford to pay us", she finished, happier to explain their true nature now that the count had promised payment.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 03, 2018, 01:26:44 AM »
Family

Locke could barely contain his laughter.  He slammed his hand onto the table.  The count gave him a look, before returning his gaze to the couple.  "I see," he said, folding his arms in an exaggerated motion of mock thought.  "I suppose that is why you got so offended earlier.  Does this mean you would have taken the job for free?"

Meanwhile, Steaven gave Nanako a calm down wave.  "Are you sure your not just bored?  I don't smell anything."

The smell was still present and clearly coming from the kitchen.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 03, 2018, 01:42:12 AM »
Nanako

"Pretty sure," Nanako said with a small frown, "Hang on."

With that, the squirrel girl zipped over to the kitchen, her chair rattling a bit being the only sign she'd been there.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: October 03, 2018, 01:53:38 AM »
Sakura and Shirou

"Hmmm...", Sakura said in response to the question, considering her response. "Possibly, I'm not entirely sure. We'd certainly have been annoyed if the count had refused payment, since you clearly can afford it, and every moment we spend here is time we can't spend saving someone else. At the same time, though, I'm not sure we could have lived with ourselves if we turned down the job and then Steaven got killed."

Shirou, meanwhile, was watching Nanako and Steaven. It seemed like the squirrel girl had picked up on some kind of smell and, after a discussion, the impatient girl had ran off, a squirrel-like blur heading in the direction of the kitchen. Wondering what was going on, Shirou sniffed at the air, only to smell absolutely nothing. Not deterred, he proceeded to reinforce his nose and take a good, long sniff. This time, with his enhanced senses, he was able to pick up on a very faint but rather strong smell, although he couldn't tell the direction.

"Hmm, Nanako is right, I think. If I reinforce my nose, can just about detect a faint bitter smell. I can't tell where it's coming from, but Nanako seems to have headed in the direction of the kitchen, so I think it must be coming from there", he said.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 03, 2018, 01:55:48 AM »
Asmael

"So you're saying this whole thing could be some sort of sick trick? Goodness..." He looked down dejectedly and drooped his arms down like a hurt puppy. He pressed his index against the other and pouted adorably. "I must admit I'm not too familiar with modern customs. What should we do then? What would you do?"

Sakura

The young woman shrugged. "I don't know, explore, scout out the area, learn about the government, stuff like that. Nothing too crazy."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end