Author Topic: In Character Game Thread (Depricated)  (Read 178425 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: In Character Game Thread
« Reply #4335 on: February 09, 2019, 10:56:26 PM »
Ezekiel

"A demon!? Gods, no!" He flinched back in abjection and shock. What the hell? There was no way he had anything to do with such a pitiful, filthy race. She'd compare him to something so awful? Damn, that really genuinely hurt his pride and aesthetics.

He looked at her, then narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Something about this wasn't quite right. He didn't think he changed that much lately. Was she just messing with him?

"Wait... you really can't tell?" He assumed it was pretty easy to tell, at least for a mage as skilled as her.

But a demon, really!? Couldn't she go for something like a fallen angel, or a mighty beast from the void at least? Something, anything minus that. Seriously...

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: February 09, 2019, 11:07:21 PM »
Ezekiel

"A demon!? Gods, no!" He flinched back in abjection and shock. What the hell? There was no way he had anything to do with such a pitiful, filthy race. She'd compare him to something so awful? Damn, that really genuinely hurt his pride and aesthetics.

He looked at her, then narrowed his eyes in suspicion. Something about this wasn't quite right. He didn't think he changed that much lately. Was she just messing with him?

"Wait... you really can't tell?" He assumed it was pretty easy to tell, at least for a mage as skilled as her.

But a demon, really!? Couldn't she go for something like a fallen angel, or a mighty beast from the void at least? Something, anything minus that. Seriously...

Serana

"Your affinity for the Shadow Realm is fairly obvious. Some manner of demon from its depths is the logical assumption to make." Her smile grew at You's obvious discomfort. "But then, I believe your idea of a demon and mine are quite distinct. I suppose I can hardly fault you for taking offense when you deal with an inferior subject."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: February 09, 2019, 11:18:35 PM »
Ezekiel

"Hey, don't give me that. Why, I'm the best subject you'll ever have!" He rubbed the back of his head  and tried to grin his way out of it, but her sadistic smile would let him have none of it. Jeez...

"I mean, it's close. Close, but no cigar. You do have two things right. I did borrow this body, and I am part of the void." He smacked his chest with his fist proudly for emphasis, sporting a cocky grin. "The rest though? Nope, garbage. Zero. Nada. Not even going to give you A for effort here. Come back after class."

He snapped his fingers, and two fabulously comfortable pillows  grew from the shadows, standing on the opposite ends of the ground. They looked plump, velvety and absolutely divine for the buttocks. He took a seat shamelessly, without even asking for his lord's permission of course cause too bad that's just how he rolled. He slapped the other cushion though as if to invite her to take a seat.

The more she looked at that cushion, the more confortable it looked. Seriously, stuff like that is killer for the thighs. If she'd ever make a throne, putting that cushion on top was just common sense.

"Looks like I'll have to lecture you. Well, come on. Take a seat. The night is still ripe and we've got time to kill. I've heard your story about these elves, now it's time for you to learn the tale of my people!"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: February 09, 2019, 11:54:21 PM »
Throne

"Ah, knowledge then!" He seemed excited at this turn of events. "I have wandered the Forest of the Throne since its creation. There is little about it I do not already know. Although I cannot say I know much about this place."

The knight paused and turned around. His gaze burned with intensity and a sudden wind tore through the clearing, trees groaning in protest. Even when the gust died down he kept looking about, as if he was searching for something. After about a minute of this he scratched the top of his helmet and nodded. "Although I'm sure you know as well as I do that you have yet to enter the forest proper yet?" He waved a hand around as if the trees and blooming life were simply an illusion.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: February 10, 2019, 01:25:09 AM »
Amanda

"Whaaaaa-"

She blinked once then twice. She couldn't believe the audacity of her, did she really think that after the lecture she'd given her? and they'd just met too, acepting that proposal just didn't make any sort of sense at all.

"Why I let you mess with my soul? We've just met, and even then fusing two souls like that toether sounds super sketchy"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: February 10, 2019, 04:59:30 AM »
Edelgard

The apple pie was sweet. Really, very sweet. She remembered the first time she ate an apple. It brought a surge of envy that she did her best to suppress in this moment, washing it down with tea, unculturally and without much care for the heat of the cup.

She only gave the girl's tail a passing look. 'Demon' could mean any number of things, and Edelgard didn't care much for what it meant for this one. If she was something truly concerning, she would have noticed.

"Well made," she said, staring at her meal. "Is it hard to cook?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:57 PM »
Ezekiel

"Hey, don't give me that. Why, I'm the best subject you'll ever have!" He rubbed the back of his head  and tried to grin his way out of it, but her sadistic smile would let him have none of it. Jeez...

"I mean, it's close. Close, but no cigar. You do have two things right. I did borrow this body, and I am part of the void." He smacked his chest with his fist proudly for emphasis, sporting a cocky grin. "The rest though? Nope, garbage. Zero. Nada. Not even going to give you A for effort here. Come back after class."

He snapped his fingers, and two fabulously comfortable pillows  grew from the shadows, standing on the opposite ends of the ground. They looked plump, velvety and absolutely divine for the buttocks. He took a seat shamelessly, without even asking for his lord's permission of course cause too bad that's just how he rolled. He slapped the other cushion though as if to invite her to take a seat.

The more she looked at that cushion, the more confortable it looked. Seriously, stuff like that is killer for the thighs. If she'd ever make a throne, putting that cushion on top was just common sense.

"Looks like I'll have to lecture you. Well, come on. Take a seat. The night is still ripe and we've got time to kill. I've heard your story about these elves, now it's time for you to learn the tale of my people!"

Serana

Ugh. To be lectured at by a puppet of meat and shadow when she should be focused on extermination was not her preference at all. Well, no matter. "One day your sense of humor will be your doom," Serana told it with a frown. Then she dismissed her unicorn with a wave of her hand, and took the seat offered to her. "You may proceed."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: February 10, 2019, 03:53:29 PM »
Ezekiel

He nodded and smiled. "Don't sweat it, it's not like our little pawns aren't doing our hard work anyways. Sometimes, it's good to relax and enjoy the finer things in life." He grabbed at nothing behind him, but as shadows danced around his fingertips, two cups and a beautiful ornate jug now laid where there was only thin air. He held them, then placed them in the middle of the two, pouring what looked like a strange dark liquid in both.

No. It wasn't quite a liquid, and it wasn't just black. If you looked carefully, you might notice it was anything but mere liquor! Bright, white dots danced while the dark drink swirled, shining bright, some rising to the surface, others fading into obscurity. It was as if you captured a piece of the sky and poured it in a glass. Liquid night.

"This world changed a lot since we first arrived. Now, it resembles our home-world." He raised a toast to his queen, and thankfully drank his share with a delighted sip. "Like many in this world, we were born far away from here. Very, very, very, far away... You probably know this already though."

He wasn't smiling anymore. His eyes, much like his expression, looked much more like his hollow self. It was almost fitting to call him a living corpse. He was not smiling.

"Up there, beyond the sky, there are other worlds... Other stars... Infinite like the grains of sand in a desert. Worlds of infinite possibilities. We gave a name to it all: The X Effect. A place where timelines, realities and fates cross, meet, birth and end. Where does the X Effect start? Where does it end? No one knows. There is much left to discover..."

A nostalgic, solemn grin slowly crawled to his face though. He never got to share this story with anyone before. Even if he did, he doubted anyone would pay much mind to it.

"It's a shame you never got to see it. Auroras tainted with thick magical energies, the oceans of flora, the nests of ancient elemental beasts, the singing of the dragons, the structures of our venerable palaces... opulent and imperial. There was no limit to the wonders of our world, nor could there be. That was our power. We only had to wish for something to exist, and thus it was. Creation was our gift, and we guarded it well. The sky, the stars, the world. It was all ours."

He smiled, remembering the beauty of his world. The people, the forests, the skies. They all felt so real to him, it was almost like they were still there.

That memory soon turned to pain. The smile fell, as if it had never been there in the first place. Time, wealth, love, glory. ALl of these things are rubbish. There is only one thing worth anything in this universe. Memory.

But after all these years, after so many vessels, even memory can become anything but a blessing.

A single tear fell from his eye. And he laid there, silent.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:07:46 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: February 10, 2019, 03:54:02 PM »
Eruraviel

Eruraviel shrugged. "It's perfectly safe, really. As long as I refine it enough as to purify away all traces of the original soul, it's no more dangerous than getting someone to cast a heal spell on you. It only gets hairy and heritical when you graft bits on without doing that sort of stuff."

The elf cleared her throat. "And of course, we'd sign a magically binding contract with very specific terms as to my compensation and what I'm doing. You're not the sort of fool who would just up and let me do it, I know."

Eruraviel winked.

"Just keep it in mind as a possibility. As long as we're friends it'll be on the table for me!

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: February 10, 2019, 06:22:23 PM »
Rin Tohsaka

However, no matter how much Rin wanted it not to, time continued its inexorable march onwards. She felt Sakura stir, and turn her face to look at her.

Rin bit her lip, and tears welled up in her eyes. I'm so, so stupid! Sakura's brilliant purple hair was pure on her right side, but as she turned her head, it became more and more white. Twisted remnants of the corruption of the world's evils marred her otherwise pure skin, with her left eye distinctly glowing red.

Sakura broke eye contact, looking away from her. Her little sister began to tremble. What was she thinking? Rin wanted to just curl up and die. Even after now, she couldn't act properly!

She felt Sakura try to pull herself away, but Rin was unwilling. She lurched forwards and grabbed her sister, pulling her close, holding her tightly against her.

If she attacks me, so be it.

Rin Tohsaka buried her face into Sakura's twisted and scarred cheek. She pressed her own cheek against hers, and ran her fingers through Sakura's hair, just like she'd done when she was a little girl. Before her dad had ruined her family and thrown her sister away to that-thing. That monster.

Rin didn't speak, not because she didn't want to, but because she felt any words she could say were insufficient. She'd had a whole speach planned; she was going to profess her deepest and most sincere apology, thrown herself at Sakura's feet, and begged for forgiveness. She'd practiced it for months, for years, perfecting her apology until she knew it so well she didn't think she'd ever forget even the smallest movement of it. She'd planned on apologizing, every time, but then Sakura would do something, say something biting, and the words would just sieze up inside Rin's throat. She'd choke down her words, be unable to swallow her own anger nor sooth her own wounded pride, remembering the sheer unrelenting agony that Sakura had put her through, the timeless eternity of pain that lasted for only a few moments, but also for an infinity. She'd lived through everything Sakura had.

Everything.

"Nee-san?" Rin heard Sakura ask her in a scared and confused voice. She sounds so vulnerable... Rin pulled her closer, clutching her sister's back as she began to choke out sobs, tears streaming down her face and staining Sakura's shirt. "What are you..." She heard Sakura pause. Rin's heart clenched up. "Sakura, I'm so-"

"Nee-san, have you forgiven me?"

Rin's world seemed to stop at that moment, and she felt as if her soul had shattered.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: February 10, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »
Ezekiel

He nodded and smiled. "Don't sweat it, it's not like our little pawns aren't doing our hard work anyways. Sometimes, it's good to relax and enjoy the finer things in life." He grabbed at nothing behind him, but as shadows danced around his fingertips, two cups and a beautiful ornate jug now laid where there was only thin air. He held them, then placed them in the middle of the two, pouring what looked like a strange dark liquid in both.

No. It wasn't quite a liquid, and it wasn't just black. If you looked carefully, you might notice it was anything but mere liquor! Bright, white dots danced while the dark drink swirled, shining bright, some rising to the surface, others fading into obscurity. It was as if you captured a piece of the sky and poured it in a glass. Liquid night.

"This world changed a lot since we first arrived. Now, it resembles our home-world." He raised a toast to his queen, and thankfully drank his share with a delighted sip. "Like many in this world, we were born far away from here. Very, very, very, far away... You probably know this already though."

He wasn't smiling anymore. His eyes, much like his expression, looked much more like his hollow self. It was almost fitting to call him a living corpse. He was not smiling.

"Up there, beyond the sky, there are other worlds... Other stars... Infinite like the grains of sand in a desert. Worlds of infinite possibilities. We gave a name to it all: The X Effect. A place where timelines, realities and fates cross, meet, birth and end. Where does the X Effect start? Where does it end? No one knows. There is much left to discover..."

A nostalgic, solemn grin slowly crawled to his face though. He never got to share this story with anyone before. Even if he did, he doubted anyone would pay much mind to it.

"It's a shame you never got to see it. Auroras tainted with thick magical energies, the oceans of flora, the nests of ancient elemental beasts, the singing of the dragons, the structures of our venerable palaces... opulent and imperial. There was no limit to the wonders of our world, nor could there be. That was our power. We only had to wish for something to exist, and thus it was. Creation was our gift, and we guarded it well. The sky, the stars, the world. It was all ours."

He smiled, remembering the beauty of his world. The people, the forests, the skies. They all felt so real to him, it was almost like they were still there.

That memory soon turned to pain. The smile fell, as if it had never been there in the first place. Time, wealth, love, glory. ALl of these things are rubbish. There is only one thing worth anything in this universe. Memory.

But after all these years, after so many vessels, even memory can become anything but a blessing.

A single tear fell from his eye. And he laid there, silent.

Serana

Such nostalgia. Such vague descriptions that nonetheless managed to muster distant memories in an ancient mind. It reminded Serana of why all perishable things in the world needed to die so that she might claim them, and why only the immortal should survive. What point was there in becoming attached to fleeting, feeble things that passed in the blink of an eye?

“And then?”

Also, their misery and suffering amused her.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: February 10, 2019, 07:01:49 PM »
Valantine

Valantine looked down.  "Do we have to go back to my husband," she said, the once proud woman barely audible.  "I... I don't know if I can face him.  I ordered his death.  Well I thought he ordered mine, but I mean you were sent to capture me right?"

She was barely making sense.  Even so, she reached into her bra and pulled out a small cellphone.  Even throughout this entire experience, she still had her husband in the contacts.  I am so stupid.

Thea

"We came here to save you," she said after taking a labored breath. "Stop complaining about rescues I already explained in your head and do as I told you."

She mustered up the strength she could as she was now, and began lifting Tsumiko up into her arms. It was a slow process akin to carrying a sack of potatoes, but it meant she could move her somewhere that didn't involve the hard, broken floor. Like a sofa - they had those here, right?

Her back hurt.

Valentine

Valentine stared at the floor.  Instead of responding, she simply called one of her underlings.  Within a few minutes, a black car with pitch black one-way windows pulled up to the road.  "I'll carry her," she said, moving Tsumiko into the backseat.

The mob boss sat down in the back seat, staring wistfully at the dark sky above.  She couldn't help but see her hopes in the stars, slowly being covered by the clouds, by her sins.  "So... whats your relationship with her?  You two seem like you have some history."

Thea

She insisted on helping move Tsumiko, despite everything. She ached in ways she hadn't in years, but that was fine. Thea made sure to put herself between her partner and Valentine just in case, propping her up carefully against the vehicle's door so she wouldn't fall over. Only then did she turn one of her purple eyes to the mob boss. "I met her today. Our goals were compatible."

And, something about Tsumiko's history felt familiar.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:48 PM »
Valantine

"How robotic," Valantine said simply, still staring at the sky.  It was so pretty, the twinkling lights, the moon spreading its dim light on the world below.  It almost felt like a spotlight, bathing the car in its rays, while darkness obscured the rest of the world.  "And my husband?  It would have been easier for you guys to just kill me.  You two were risking your lives more than you needed to.  Whats your relationship with him?"

For some reason, she sounded irritated, especially considering how defeated she sounded earlier.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:55 PM »
Ezekiel

He wiped the tear from his face, and... yawned. Right in the presence of his queen no less, how shameless.

"As their leader, I got bored of it. Seeing the same faces, the same creations, the same people. Over and over, everyone content with their little pond, completely unwilling to change. That kind of beauty probably sounds like paradise for you, but to me, that's no different than prison."

He swirled his cup, closed his hand around it, and thus it was gone. Just like on that day.

"I loved my people, but I hated their blind acceptance. I came to realize the truth of our world, and as it turns out there's a lot more interesting things out there. Pretty sights are all flash and no substance, but seeing the other side made me realize how small I was. I wanted to show just how vast the world really was to my people. Little did I know... it was a trap. The technology we designed was being coveted by another race, and trying to claim what was ours, they waged war on us."

"Sadly, my kin stood no chance. We stood no chance before the threat of the other side. Their king was a terrible beast, a draken calamity as black as night and as wide as the sky. Its maw was space itself, and its breath was the stars. Our creation was beautiful, but it was brittle, and I received wounds that you could consider... fatal. In a final attempt, my people sealed me in an empty void where the black beasts could not reach me. Even now, that peace I took for granted.... I regret it."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:18:28 PM by francobull3 »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: February 10, 2019, 07:17:41 PM »
Valantine

"How robotic," Valantine said simply, still staring at the sky.  It was so pretty, the twinkling lights, the moon spreading its dim light on the world below.  It almost felt like a spotlight, bathing the car in its rays, while darkness obscured the rest of the world.  "And my husband?  It would have been easier for you guys to just kill me.  You two were risking your lives more than you needed to.  Whats your relationship with him?"

For some reason, she sounded irritated, especially considering how defeated she sounded earlier.

Thea

"We saved him from two of your servants trying to murder him. He asked us to save you." Thea simply shrugged, and leaned back on the fabric of the seat to find some comfort. Looking and feeling 20 years older was such a pain. "We met him a few hours ago, at most."

It was a nice atmosphere tonight.

"I won't presume to speak for Tsumiko, but I chose to save you because the alternative was pointless. Would it have been easier to kill you and end it there? Yes." There had been all too many opportunities. "Then your soldiers would be headless, and lash out at the local populace. A power vacuum would form that no force is equipped to fill here. Invasion would follow swiftly, and along with it the horrors of war. By keeping you alive we create other options to choose from."

She turned her head back to Valentine. "Besides, I'd rather see your daughter smile because I brought you home than cry because I invited her to your funeral."