Author Topic: Elizabeth's Domain  (Read 77390 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth's Domain
« Reply #1440 on: April 29, 2020, 06:57:07 PM »
Vanilla

"Faith? Rambling? You're just spouting buzzwords in a pitiful attempt to insult me." She replied. Vanilla snapped her tail to the side and flung him with supersonic speeds, only to immediately reverse course and send him hurtling in the other direction. Energy continued to collect in her hand, staring down at him with distaste.

"A lesser being might not be able to tell, but I can-your love, Vega-it's shallow. You only truly care about yourself."

Vega - Arena 8

What!? Sweat drops flew all over as he was trashed about at the speed of sound. No - faster! This movement should knock a lesser man unconscious... however!

"Not at all. I'm sorry if it came off that way." His voice was composed and elegant as honey. "All I'm saying is that if you take my silence for an insult, it shows insecurity. You belittle yourself AND Mira that way. It's inelegant."

A bull (non-castrated male) is a behemoth of pure muscle weighing almost a ton. On top of that, their tempers are beastly. Using brawn alone isn't enough to ride one elegantly! It isn't sufficient.

Reflex. Agility. And most importantly, strategy!

The essential combination of these three factors... is the way that a human can ride a beast. One must match the movements of the bull and keep their center of gravity steady. Yes, that is the secret to a beautiful corrida. It was a dance to assert oneself!

And right now, in front of the entire stadium, Vega was riding a demon. Had it been a different foe, he would have felt thrill. Excitement even. But he felt none of these things right now. It's almost like he wasn't fully into it.

He didn't break eye contact with his opponent even once... but he never looked her in the eye even once.

"If you can't support your [LOVE] and [CONVICTION] with your own [PRIDE].... you'll only be a slave to others perceptions. Why shouldn't you love yourself?"

Vanilla

Arena 8

He was roughly jerked to the side again, and a leg came crashing down onto his shoulder. "What you have isn't love. Love is a beautiful, mutual thing-and in your world, there isn't room for others."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:57:15 PM by Sinib »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 29, 2020, 07:31:14 PM »
Arena - 7 Valerie

The blonde vampire perked up completely at that and pulled the twin tailed girl into a deeper embrace. "Of course I will, but first..."

Her sharp fangs sank into her prey's neck, the euphoric feelings multiplied even stronger now as she didn't let go after an instant. "I will help someone to a healthy serving, you will soooo wonderful-"

She sucked and sucked, draining more and  more blood until the other girl went unconscious, she wouldn't stop until that happened. Not id she wanted to succeed with her plans and as a bonus the girl was really tasty!

Arena 7: Noire

It was strange. She could feel her blood leaving her; she felt her thoughts getting lighter and foggy. Yet, it felt incredible, addicting even. She reached out and grabbed onto Valerie. She pressed herself against her new friend, resting her chin against the other's head. She felt her throbbing cock burst out of her underwear, and she cried out as semen erupted onto her shorts. Absolute pleasure coursed through her veins, and the last thing she said before she passed out was a whisper into Valerie's ear.

"I'm-sorry for making a mess on you..."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 29, 2020, 09:23:47 PM »
Vega - Arena 8

The rider's hold was steady and unshaken, and yet the demon's kick gave him no quarter. As the monster's riding drove him straight towards its horns, the human only had one option - one fate against it.

CRUNCH!

"There is plenty of room. Just not for you, beast." He never stopped moving. Vega twisted like the snake accross his chest... to avoid her kick! He knew physiology well, knew just how to move to avoid that without breaking his body permanently. He dislocated his arm to move out of the way, and dodged her kick there and then! He swung the same position he once attempted, but in a way no one in the audience could have possibly imagined. And even though his teeth grit in pain, his scowl showed no weakness. Only focus. It was utterly insane, how far he'd go just to move his position above Vanilla. How far he'd go just to look down on her.

But there was no hate. Even if she went so far, he couldn't hate the demon. Only pity her. That much could even change, even despite its sin. Yet his resolved heart had him utter four single words.

"I will never forgive you." And it became clear that he would have never done something like that to run away from her blow. It was so his other hand could now pierce her neck! "Apologize to me, for being born into my world!"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:24:31 PM by devil_lance »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 30, 2020, 12:13:47 AM »
Seras

Seras turned her attention to the orbs flying at her, a hand extended as if to catch those large suns.  Those hands glowed with light.  As the balls flew into her palms, they were snuffed out by the magic within, as well as the chi enhancing her body.  The other hand lazily pointed at the sun, blasting it with a gust of wind to push that sun even further down.  For all his effort, all the old man had earned was an even greater burden.  However, he also lost the woman's attention.

Sometimes, reality doesn't care.

Eyes gazed around the arena, searching for another trap.  Her hand outstretched and glowing as it crushed his last sun to a mere spark.  A man like this could never face reality, never see beyond the sun.  Indeed, such cowardly tactics fell flat in the face of absolute power.

The gust of wind howled through the lava pits, sinking into the cracks.  The sun blasted even further and further into Zeke, pushing him into a rapidly growing creator.  Even if he managed to survive the sun, he would soon reach the lava.  However, there was a whisteling underneath his feet from the winds sliding down there.  Something was happening...

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 30, 2020, 12:28:08 AM »
Orcus
Arena 4

For the first time in the battle, the primal's expression widened, wilfully consigning to Uria's eyes his upturned expectations. "Hoh, this is..." Orcus looked back into them, and he saw the lines stretching beyond, a web of whispy lights connecting essences that did not belong to Uria, but were of them, like the strings of a puppet that was its own showmaster.

Caught in his motion mid-air, exposed to the terrors channelled by Uria, the area below his shoulderblades tingled. This unprecedented combination couldn't be broken down before it reached him, but the skill that guided those moves gave him enough. A glance was all he needed to grasp how earthly hands guided weapons. And this combat? Ten thousand times he had seen it.

In a heartbeat, half a span of steel feathers stretched from his back, and rolled him away with certain speed.

Uria's most perfected evocation of violence flashed, but by a ghostly edge Orcus evaded the center of the singularity. Instead they cleaved a line from clavicle to hip, and the molten scar sheared away a third of his torso, arm and all, before it filled the space with ineffable frost. The roaring force continued and split the battlefield, carving a chasm through the mayhem as the meat and blood that flew in the air shattered into an icy shower.

Where Orcus should have been cut cleanly down the middle and both his halves frozen, he escaped as a shooting star mantled in blood and shadow. Hand wreathed in chaos, his countenance swelled with pride.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 01:14:10 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 30, 2020, 12:58:00 AM »
Uria
Arena 4

What a surprise! Despite everything that he had put on display, despite all his excitement, Orcus had concealed one last secret for the fight. But there was a slight amusement, a glint of cruel childish delight that filled Uria's eyes at the sight. Before this clash, no, from the very moment they had fight began.

"I knew you had wings, Orcus."

The star that had burned bright in their ruined hand was aimed at him, already they were starting to anticipate his actions as well. Especially when he had no idea they would act on them. Its fel light bathed the man in its unmerciful radiance. It burned their hand, their arm, their bone. It sent cracks spreading throughout the whole limb as it threatened to shatter under the energies being directed at the primal with total concentration and unwavering intent. Then they fired.

Macrocosmos

And a beam of light, alien and seething with toxic energies blasted towards Orcus with enough intensity to swallow him entirely.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:20:52 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 30, 2020, 04:14:22 AM »
Seras

Seras turned her attention to the orbs flying at her, a hand extended as if to catch those large suns.  Those hands glowed with light.  As the balls flew into her palms, they were snuffed out by the magic within, as well as the chi enhancing her body.  The other hand lazily pointed at the sun, blasting it with a gust of wind to push that sun even further down.  For all his effort, all the old man had earned was an even greater burden.  However, he also lost the woman's attention.

Sometimes, reality doesn't care.

Eyes gazed around the arena, searching for another trap.  Her hand outstretched and glowing as it crushed his last sun to a mere spark.  A man like this could never face reality, never see beyond the sun.  Indeed, such cowardly tactics fell flat in the face of absolute power.

The gust of wind howled through the lava pits, sinking into the cracks.  The sun blasted even further and further into Zeke, pushing him into a rapidly growing creator.  Even if he managed to survive the sun, he would soon reach the lava.  However, there was a whisteling underneath his feet from the winds sliding down there.  Something was happening...

Zeke - Arena 2

Huh. Did that get her...
Zeke seemed confused and dissappointed for a second. Despite taking heavy damage, he sighed. However, the battle was not yet won. "...uh..!"

Because the sun smashed straight through the darkness once more, and crushed his face. Without mercy, with such force and heat he was totally unprepared this time. "..kh...!" He blacked out completely, and was hurled straight down the rock and magma until he found himself in the fiery pits of hell. The shadows in his eyes started crawling out and swirling out of his sockets like tentacles, spreading and corrupting over his husk of a vessel.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Burning creatures flew accross the massive chamber, into the epicenter of this false tower. Once they melted, their wills and souls... their wishes... simply melted into the abyss. It was painful. The painful forcefulness of life created carelessly, lovelessly, children of a man who bore them no love. How long would he be a prisoner of this? Just how long would he suffer this torment alone with a madman?

Alone, the void swirled in silence. Meanwhile, the burning man of ash and bone clapped. It had been... a long voyage. A long, long voyage in a ship stranded in this empty world. Abandoned by his friends, enemies, comrades, even the gods. That man was alone and forgotten like a chess piece thrown away. He laughed, even the flames laughed! It was the sad, painful laugh of a man driven to madness by loneliness.

"Glorious. How truly marvelous! To think you would meld with my fiery children so easily. Congratulations, my son. You are closer to being a living tool than I had ever hoped. Surely my gifts weren't wasted on you, mm?"

I do not... want this.

A man so self centered by his loneliness. That very loneliness prevented him from grasping at anything. This abandoned playground was simply a grave. Why was he stripped away from the nothing? Why was he forced to awaken and endure this? Just let him go back to sleep. Enough of this.

"Ho?" The burning man was growing more and more pathetic by the second. Was that the one he had to thank for the gift of sentience?! In that case, he wished he had never been given it in the first place. He should have never been born in this world. "My, my, my, my. Has the lost ship decided to talk back to its captain? What could possibly make you say that? You are just a void, a tool ripped from space by this tower. A shard of an old world. Why would you of all creatures have a will?"

I have seen it. The truth of this world. You won't be able to bring them back... or save anything... your story has ended long ago. To keep searching is... pointless. Why not... move on...

"Nonsense. My dream hasn't ended yet. You will succeed my ambition. You lack the will to do anything in this world, while I lack a body that can use my magic. Clearly a compromize must be made, for the sake of the Nexus's next thousand years."

Kh... foolish... salvation will not come to you... what you want isn't to bring them back... only your pride... ku ku... like a mutt... searching for scraps... that's right...

The void couldn't care less bout that mortal's wish. The wasted, burning, forgotten stars were drifting into his core... into his being. Melding him, connecting with him. Changing him. The first dark elemental, Nidhogg. A fitting name for one who festers in a corpse-like tower. It was a funny name. Funny.

The fiery lives forced into him, born to die, laughed. Laughed as they swirled. Laughed as they focused. Be patient, little Zeke. Soon, you will be free. You can choose your own dream then. Just you wait, just you wait.

It bore the void comfort. This illogical world, it was mistaken to create lives that were as aimless as his father. Somebody, if only somebody could change this. If only somebody could change this world. It would be wonderful. It would make him feel free, at least. Free to gaze at the other side. To feel truly alive. To create, instead of destroy. To be free of more than its nature, but its fate.

Ah. This must be the will of the world. So that is why we were born... how beautiful.

A thousand years. Two thousand. How long must he wait?

What was I doing here again?

The dreamer woke up, sinking deeper and deeper into the fiery pit. Subconsciously, he had deployed his darkness and maintained it enough to avert the Lava's damage. But he could only shield himself from the heat for so long, and barely enough to avoid instant death. Cracks, again and again he cracked until his shape barely resembled the man whose body he had stolen. The energy, the power... it was breaking his body down by the second. And that's when he realized, eyes wide, tendrils tearing from his every orifice.

That's right... I came here to beat you and steal your seat. I'm going to conquer this land... for her... once I've done this I can finally surpass...

The broken voices of old world organisms bubbled and grew into tendrils all around his black coat. Talking for a man who couldn't. A sad, pitiful, broken thing born from nothing. Born with nothing. Fated to nothing. A monster? No, not even that. Much like Eruaviel said, nothing more than a mistake. And yet its dream... its wish... he was... he was...

"Ze...ke...."

It was shallow. Sinking deeper, the dark man's presence dissappeared. Even Seras couldn't feel it anymore.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 30, 2020, 12:27:54 PM »
Sethrol the Calm

Arena 1

"I know but..."

An arm was raised to block her first strike, but the blow landed to his upper thigh without the arm getting even close to blocking it.  The pettles floating around them in a cyclone scattered to the edge of the ring, unable to take the shockwave erupting from Mira's blows.  It wasn't that he was too slow to block her, she had spared with him enough times to catch onto that.  No, he simply did not have the will to block her strikes.  No, that wasn't it either.  The old man's arms were limp at his side, his chest puffed out ready to take any blows she threw at him, any feelings she had for him.

Thats why he took them, all of her fury.  Sethrol's body twitched with each strike.  With each memory, a new memory flooded into his mind.  He remembered the first time he witnessed her win a fight, the first time he offered her money for food, all those days she spent in his dojo working out and practicing her form.  Yes, the form that she was using to pummel him, it was honed in their time together.  All these memories but... not a single tear.

"I was always watching you," he said, in between strikes.

His head was smacked again, knocked to the left.  "I could never offer you a home, because I live without one.  I could never offer you my love because I detached myself from such things...."

Knocked to the right this time, an image of Vanilla flashed into his mind.  This was bad.  He needed chi.  The body could only take so much punishment without going unconscious, without chi he would surely lose.

Lose what?  The match, his status, the tournament?

A punch landed squarely in his jaw.  Her fist pushed upward, threatening to send him flying into the air.  "Banilla...." he said, his voice muffled by the fist under his jaw.  Sethrol sat down into a horse stance as he was punched, keeping him grounded, keeping his eyes leveled with hers.  The coat he had worn into the ring had exploded, and the bare chest underneath was littered with holes.  A fire lit in his belly, sharpening his glare enough to slice through even the hardest souls.  It wasn't one of anger or outward hostility, but raw self determination.  "That woman entered your heart through selfishness, then allow me to do the same."

There was no point in blocking.  The old man unleashed a flurry of punches, all aimed at every inch of her body.  "Thats right... I'm not your parent.  I'm your teacher.  But I..."

The flurry got faster and faster.  Machine gun like punches were an understatement.  These fists flew like rockets and impacted like supernovas.  "I... I WANT TO BE YOUR FATHER!"

"MIRA! SHOW ME THOSE TEARS YOU'VE BEEN HIDING!"

Mira

Arena 1

Even a fighter as experienced as Mira couldn't help but let her guard down, just a little bit, when her opponent allowed her to strike them over and over again with no opposition. Under different circumstances she might have questioned it more, but...

His eyes conveyed the first counter-attack, forcing Mira to hesitate. Then the first hit came. A second, a third, until she was the one off balance, being pushed back with every attack that crushed through her guard like a bulldozer. 'But how?'

Neither of them were using chi. The difference in their technique was not so great that she shouldn't be able to duck, put her arms in the way, something. But no, Sethrol tore through everything with a fury.

'There's no way he cares so much about this.'

A blow to the stomach made spittle fly out of her mouth, and pushed her further back until she was up against one of the many cherry trees surrounding their false arena. The bark exploded off the tree with the force of her impact.

"... my father..."

Ah. There it was - the hint of wetness at the corner of her eyes. And yet, her hands returned to fists. Her feet dug into the rooted earth, her shoes cracking apart from the friction their fight imposed on them.

"... left us behind!"

As the next strike reached her, she struck out suddenly with one of her own, a mirror image cross counter. One leg came up so the sole of her foot pressed against the tree behind her, and she pushed off it to propel herself and her opponent back toward the center of the arena!

"While my mother fought with every breath she had just to carry me to the finish line!"

Beneath the weight of her pain, there was no hope for Sethrol not to end up on the ground under her when the momentum died down. Mira's fists rained down like a meteor shower. Her tears began to fall in time with their descent.

"She fought to her last one for that! But you think you can just come along and take their place?!

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 30, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »
Orcus
Arena 4

So Uria had known the symbols he was hiding from the start. He would love to know what else they could taste of a being's nature by mere proximity. Another day, he told himself. By the time it became relevant, Orcus had already determined the fate of this fight. But that alone was no reason for respite, neither for him, nor for them.

He outstretched his hand with no time to spare. "You're almost as full of surprises as me, Uria!"

A black claw the size to crush Uria whole bloomed before the ray of annihilation and met it head on. The toxic light split against its palm in a deafening hum, alien force driven by the strength of a pure heart against primordial resilience empowered by an inextricable purpose. Pillars that vaporized all they touched spilled between the unworldly fingers.

The heat bit at Orcus's fingers, boiled the blood in his arm and sizzled his skin, and sent incandescent cracks through Chaosbringer as it strained to endure between its wielder's unrelenting intent and the enemy's consuming power, acting as a shield. But Orcus tightened his grip, and the claw clenched, every instant of the locked struggle slowly smothering the beam.

Everything sprang from the undifferentiated vastness of darkness. When all has ceased to be nothing, that which still contains nothing will always be more than any "something". And so, Orcus stifled the macrocosm into silence. His weapon closed in a burst of light, and crumbled to dust.

Orcus allowed the aftershock to push him away, and breathed in only then, a painful ordeal with only one functional lung. His prone mass landed on a piece of earth, half-dissolved in the hazards they'd left of the arena.

"How promising," he said, lazily retracting his wing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:14:02 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 30, 2020, 04:47:33 PM »
Nanako

The squirrel girl's eyes widened as Coconut kicked her own wings into gear, darting back and around the thunderous body blow. Nanako's eyes narrowed and her tail flicked into motion to intercept her retreat, swiftly swinging around to come crashing into the girl's back like a fluffy wrecking ball, the squirrel girl moving to follow up with a swift uppercut into the little succubus's belly if she could land the tail blow. Her mistake last time was not closing the distance faster, she wouldn't letting Coconut slip away so easily this time!

Coconut

Coconut burst upwards into the sky with a flap of her wings-she wasn't slow any more! As a result, Nanako got a flash of her white lace panties, struggling to contain her enormous trunk and her hefty balls. "Na-na-na-na-nah!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 30, 2020, 06:42:38 PM »
Neil

Arena 5

Neil wasn't fazed as she shrugged off the blast of fire breath, continuing to side-step her trajectory. The heat she gave off in her fury was cool against the raging inferno burning in his veins, sharpening his senses further, like a blade against the whetstone of her raving bloodlust.

Alright, closer then.

Undeterred by her apparent toughness, the werewolf side-stepped her trajectory one last time before bursting into motion as well, eyes sharp and claws at the ready. He feinted out a high approach, only to duck low once she'd committed to a counter, bringing claws like gleaming machetes around to slash across her belly as he passed her.

Wendy

Arena 5

Blood filled Wendy's eyes-she glared at her opponent before bending down and charging at him. Her muscles bulged out, rippling with power that burst out. The ground exploded underneath her feet as soon as he got close, and the two fell into a deep crater, filled with the dust and viscera of the corpses underneath him.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 30, 2020, 07:16:57 PM »
Vega - Arena 8

The rider's hold was steady and unshaken, and yet the demon's kick gave him no quarter. As the monster's riding drove him straight towards its horns, the human only had one option - one fate against it.

CRUNCH!

"There is plenty of room. Just not for you, beast." He never stopped moving. Vega twisted like the snake accross his chest... to avoid her kick! He knew physiology well, knew just how to move to avoid that without breaking his body permanently. He dislocated his arm to move out of the way, and dodged her kick there and then! He swung the same position he once attempted, but in a way no one in the audience could have possibly imagined. And even though his teeth grit in pain, his scowl showed no weakness. Only focus. It was utterly insane, how far he'd go just to move his position above Vanilla. How far he'd go just to look down on her.

But there was no hate. Even if she went so far, he couldn't hate the demon. Only pity her. That much could even change, even despite its sin. Yet his resolved heart had him utter four single words.

"I will never forgive you." And it became clear that he would have never done something like that to run away from her blow. It was so his other hand could now pierce her neck! "Apologize to me, for being born into my world!"

Vanilla

"Cur. If I didn't have a date with Mira later in this tournement, I'd put you down right here and now." She let his hand slam into her neck, grabbing his wrist moments later. Her other leg spun around, and she slammed her knee right into his ribs. "People's lives-they have meaning, beyond your little bubble. Friends, family, even strangers-everybody's the main character of their own story!"

She squeezed his wrist, threatening to break his bones. "Don't be so conceited!"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 07:19:38 PM by Sinib »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 30, 2020, 11:17:12 PM »
Uria
Arena 4

Uria didn't really grow tired or feel pain in the usual senses, but the golden blood gushing from their body would be enough to make anything with fluid in their veins woozy. They touched down on a relatively undamaged spot of the arena and... waited.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 30, 2020, 11:51:34 PM »
Seras

The sun sank into the lava, geysers of molten liquid spewing into the sky all around them.  The island that housed their battle seemed to shrink.  Indeed the aen't had managed to make his presence known with the sheer volume of strength.  However, his presence, his willpower, his sheer desire to achieve his goals, it all meant nothing if he couldn't see past the sun.  Ambition meant nothing if you are swallowed by it, especially if the one you hold is not even your own.

And so, the woman turned her back, flicking her hair as the fire exploded and the island rumbled, as if to signal the poor man's final wail.  "A shame.  I guess I will be eliminated," she said.  "I suppose I'll have to try another time."

But then it happened, the Vulcano beneath Zeke erupted, blasting him with a torrent of water.  The area exploded with steam.  Unbeknownst to Seras, the stream was one of healing and mana, filling the dark man with enough magic to hold on.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 01, 2020, 12:12:22 AM »
Orcus
Arena 4

And just as if they had always been having a pleasant chat and nothing more, Orcus crossed his unsteadied legs and lounged. Plumes of smoke and brilliant flakes fell across the arena amidst the blasted pits and distorted earth, as his injuries visibly sizzled, struggling to fill veritable craters with thread and needle.

"I'm afraid I'm no longer in the shape to oppose you," he said, face contorted in discomfort. But a smile adorned it. "Any further and you really might destroy me, I can't have that just yet. This fight is yours."