Author Topic: Elizabeth's Domain  (Read 77439 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth's Domain
« Reply #1605 on: May 22, 2020, 04:32:14 PM »
Wendy

Before the Wendigo could even stand up, Mira was long gone, and she found herself in a predicament. The platform was crumbling around her, and she needed to escape. Her eyes bulged open and her nostrils flared. Long-dormant survival instincts kicked in, relying purely upon her natural strengths as a predator to get her through this. She began climbing up the bolder desperately, digging her hands into the rock to prevent her fall. She dangled loosely from the remnants of the rock, feet hanging over the edge of the abyss.

It was unsightly, but effective.

And then, she began to climb back up.

Mira

Arena 3

Mira landed next to one of the 'surprise' boxes that had been placed throughout the arena and, taking advantage of the time her opponent had given her to react with her rash actions, made to open it. She kept her senses open, her body ready to react at a moment's notice, as she braved the risk of chance to see what opportunities her environment presented her with. "Come on, open fast..."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 22, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »
Audience - Arena 3

Sethrol no longer graced the arena with his presence, but Zhang Liu still sat in the audience. Aira too, was no longer nervously occupying his side - whether she had left after the elimination of both dojo masters, or simply absconded with staying so close, that was none of his business. Reluctantly, he followed Mira's newest battle in silence.

Liu frowned impatiently at the ongoings. His regard towards the once junior disciple under the same master might have been troubled, but he had not an ounce of favor for the beast she was facing. The sooner she dispensed with the distracting gimmick of the battle and ended the charade, the better.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:45:34 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 22, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
Audience - Arena 1

"Are you kidding me?  This is the guy the dojo guys were chanting about after the first match?  He beat Seras right?  How is he doing this badly?" one man said.

"Well Valarie is just as strong as any dojo master, if not stronger.  It makes sense he would get his ass kicked," another responded.

"But the king of vampires isn't even what she's supposed to be.  If she's not this super tall impossibly hot woman, why should we believe she is even that strong?"

"Well if shes not even that strong, this Zeke guy just looks like an idiot...."

A group of men all huddled together in the arena.  They all wore gees stained with dirt, grime and sweat.  A few even had bloodstains.  These were just a small group of the people who were swayed by Zeke's first match.  Their eyes were cast into the ring intently.  Unlike the other audience members, they did not lose faith.  Even in the last battle, the man known as Zeke was terribly outmatched, yet he still found a way to win.  Therefore, there was no reason he couldn't here either.

"ZEKE!" one of the men yelled.  "Don't stop fighting!  You have to make a miracle for us!  For those who belive in ourselves, those who desire more in life, you must fight!"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 22, 2020, 07:36:33 PM »
Audience - Arena 3

"Long time no see."

Zhang would likely notice the smell before anything else.  The bitter smell of jasmine wafted through the stands.  Somehow, Sethrol managed to sneak a cup of tea into the arena.  "I heard you carried me out of my fight.  Thank you."

They were the only dojo members in this entire crowd, at least in that area of the stadium.  The only creatures surrounding them were the succubi, or rather their half breed descendants.  Each was a devout fan of Vanilla's, eager to see this Mira girl fall.  In a way it wasn't too different from the dojo district.  Although, the malice born from the dojo district was a combination of surface level judgement, jealousy and inferiority.  This hostility was something else, far more rooted in a sort of zealousness for the demons known as Vanilla and Liz.

"So is this your first time seeing her, Mira?"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 22, 2020, 08:33:03 PM »
Valerie - Arena 1

"Sentence to Death!"

Smaaaash-

With a mighty spin kick she sent his broken form flying away to hit one of the many poles that girls would perform with. She wouldn't have minded putting on a performance of her own if circumstances were a bit different. He didn't seem to be moving right now and with how far away he was now the heat wave was less an agonizing furnace and more soaking sauna.

She leaned onto the Essence Reaver more and more as she thought about the unfortunate turn of events. She'd have much rather reeducated him outside of here and more privacy where she could show him her real moves. The long handle of her scythe slid in between her legs as she begun reenacting what one of those girls would typically do at this place. It had been so much longer and harder than she'd wanted it to be and she'd much rather want a shaft in-

"Oh Zeke I will raise you. Make you the good boy you were meant to be."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 22, 2020, 09:12:48 PM »
Orcus
Arena 2

She was so light on her feet, he nearly let the feint slip by. His lips couldn't help but curl. Her blunt flexibility could twist away from his sight, but rashness alone had no chance to fool experience. He twisted the arm that followed behind the zenith of the leap in front of his body, and her blow broke against the gauntlet like thunder.

His mouth cracked into a smile, flashing pristine fangs at Nanako. As the clash stopped his momentum, he pushed himself up and instantly spun down with a scything flurry of kicks.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:13:33 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 22, 2020, 09:14:26 PM »
Zeke - Arena 1

Throb... throb...

It was utterly miserable.

He fought. He burned. His dying hand even moved to reach out to her. But he couldn't defend against the kick. Even the heat that smoldered her was nothing more than a cheap shot. He could take no pride in that. Such was the difference between the two. Thus, the kick connects.

Thus, the kick impacts.

Need... to cling on... the heart... must salvage the heart...!

His back crashed against another pole, molding it like play dough with a booming crash. Smoke seeped from the area she kicked... shockingly, his forearm. Had he blocked it? No, that couldn't be right. It must have been a fluke. His bruised, broken arm was enough of a tell. As a martial astist, he stood no chance against Valerie. But he didn't mind. He smiled.... sincerely at her. That must have been the emotion she glimpsed before.

And there was silence.

But the moment he heard the jeers of the audience, his face darkened. It was small, lifeless as he was... but his brow twitched. How dare they look down on his opponent like this? And how dare they-

"Shut up." 'He' didn't speak per say, but the darkness utterly shouted these words in the coldest, calmest manner. Chillingly. The vampire lord might think for a second he was talking to her, but shockingly, his dark gaze immediately shot back at his own fake followers. Those miserable, complacent humans. "Don't you dare command me, vermin. If you want a miracle, fight for it in the ring with your own hands. Bleed and die for it like a real man. But don't expect my actions to save you. I fight for my own sake, and mine alone."

Within the audience

A lone man of ash watched down the fight, observing it. Frankly, even he thought he had little chance against Valerie. He would know better than anyone. But somehow, beyond his own schemes of expectations... these words resonated with him.

Reached him.

...hey.

"I know."

It wasn't a vampire king, his master, a dojo master... not even Eruaviel or Amanda had reached through that man's heart. They hadn't touched his feelings.

It was a single human. He managed to strip an inch of that grinning veneer. What was beyond it... was surely a monster.

Yet it felt human.

Right now, a dark shell of a man rose and struggled, spewing that same ooze painfully. But it looked at his opponent in earnest. Another dark shell of a woman. And to her, he smiled just like before... only to stumble back and gasp.

"Even if I could be a good boy, that isn't what this world needs right now. This system of conformity... of complacency... don't you see how it has poisoned humans full of potential?" He waved his hand, filled with the black ooze he spewed, and grinned. He grinned to those pathetic wretches in the arena, then his own torn heart. The darkness that threatened to consume. No... it was bubbling. Dark organisms were being born and killed simply to create a new, false heart. A string to anchor him, no matter how fragile it was. But it was clear that those slashes were fatal, that it was all just borrowed time.

But his eyes burned. They burned with the same smile. It had no doubts about its path. Like a burning black sun. It reached for everything around him, searing it in its evil radiance. It wouldn't stop until it died, even after it died. Even though he nearly fell to his knees, the temperature was somehow slowly... immensely slowly... rising.

"This is my answer. My way. It deserves no respect or grace, its evil. But it is my choice." And he wouldn't have chosen it if he didn't find joy and fulfillment in it. "Killing me won't...ahh...kh! It won't... change a thing. As long as humans.... bear dark desires, I am inevitable."

Gasping, he fell and vomited more of that black ooze. He scratched at the ground, clawing at the mortal coil like a beast without any pride. Only the desire to go further.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 07:29:41 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 23, 2020, 02:33:11 PM »
Wendy

Before the Wendigo could even stand up, Mira was long gone, and she found herself in a predicament. The platform was crumbling around her, and she needed to escape. Her eyes bulged open and her nostrils flared. Long-dormant survival instincts kicked in, relying purely upon her natural strengths as a predator to get her through this. She began climbing up the bolder desperately, digging her hands into the rock to prevent her fall. She dangled loosely from the remnants of the rock, feet hanging over the edge of the abyss.

It was unsightly, but effective.

And then, she began to climb back up.

Mira

Arena 3

Mira landed next to one of the 'surprise' boxes that had been placed throughout the arena and, taking advantage of the time her opponent had given her to react with her rash actions, made to open it. She kept her senses open, her body ready to react at a moment's notice, as she braved the risk of chance to see what opportunities her environment presented her with. "Come on, open fast..."

Wendy

It only took a few moments for her to open the box, and inside, she found an immensely heavy battleaxe! It thrummed with magical power, and she could sense it could cut through Wendy's tough skin.

The demon climbed back up and looked at her warily. She would concede that she'd been hasty before-that bitch never claimed anybody who wasn't reasonably strong-but that made her all the more eager to tear her pretty little face off.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 23, 2020, 08:39:30 PM »
Nanako

Almost as soon as her meteoric rise began, it was brought to a halt as her fist was blocked by his gauntlet, sending tingling backlash through her arm and only adding fuel to the heat building in her, even the lingering ache quickly faded. His reply came swiftly, Orcus descending upon her like a hot grim reaper with rapid-fire kicks, coming down on the squirrel girl as if to cut her to ribbons. However, swift as he was, he was still slower, and Nanako's free hand came up, parrying the first kick and pushing off it, seemingly hurling herself back against the dirt in a desperate bid to escape.

But escape was the last thing on her mind, the squirrel girl catching herself on one hand, then the other, fingers crushing the dirt as she got a secure grasp to bring her own legs around. Nanako reveled in the thrill of getting to put her capoeira to use as she met his kicks with a whirling flurry of her own, switching between using her hands and legs to keep her blows coming from different angles to meet his.

For every one of Orcus's kicks she parried, the swarthy man blocked one of hers, their supersonic clash tearing at the dead earth around them and rending the lifeless air with gunshot cracks and sonic booms. Heat rose in her chest with more than just excitement, almost drowning out the mix of curiosity and frustration that kept her questions fresh in mind. Almost. At last, a final exchange had the squirrel girl going airborne to meet his thunderous blows with her own, only for the both of them to be blown back by their final exchange, carving furrows into the earth as she kept her eyes locked with his, breathing heavier with the thrill of it all rather than exertion.

"Like I said, I don't know what this stuff is," Nanako said, straightening up and striding in again, "So why don't you tell me?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2020, 05:27:47 AM »
Orcus

He rolled his shoulders, relishing the kinks popping from his muscles. Orcus's chiseled chest rose and fell confidently. His smile had closed and his eyes narrowed, no longer the picture of a predator lost in the joy of its only philosophy. It curled smugly, if there was an immesurable amount of things he knew about her that she didn't know herself.

"Now why would I make it that easy?" He asked. Orcus's limbs flexed, bending into a springy, controlled stance, clawing hands at the ready. "Wouldn't you rather know what they're doing to you, rather than what they are?"

The primal waited for her advance, his whole body like a jaw ready to snap closed.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 04:52:16 PM by YOLF »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2020, 12:18:33 PM »
Wendy

It only took a few moments for her to open the box, and inside, she found an immensely heavy battleaxe! It thrummed with magical power, and she could sense it could cut through Wendy's tough skin.

The demon climbed back up and looked at her warily. She would concede that she'd been hasty before-that bitch never claimed anybody who wasn't reasonably strong-but that made her all the more eager to tear her pretty little face off.

Mira

Mira hefted the weapon up into both of her hands, eyes narrowed in focus as she regarded it, then Wendy. "Ya know, with this thing it probably wouldn't be much of a fight. I might not know the most about axes, but basic weapons training came up."

She tightened her grip on the haft, and shook her head. "Go get a box. I'll wait."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 25, 2020, 02:05:41 AM »
Nanako

Despite the heat thrumming in her chest, her frustration grew as Orcus took on that smug look. Almost as if he knew what was frustrating her and was all too happy to exploit it. The squirrel girl's own eyes narrowed for a moment before she noticed the stance he was taking.

Hmph, bait a trap with information why don't you?

"Well you never said you wouldn't," she called back, tail flicking back and forth behind her with every step, "And I'd like to know both, really."

Shifting her weight from one foot to the other, Nanako sprang into motion, all but bouncing from his left to his right and back again as she drew closer to him, heat pulsing in her veins all the while. As she finally drew close enough, the squirrel girl leapt forth, letting fly with a monstrously powerful flying roundhouse, ready to spring whatever trap he'd laid for her!
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 25, 2020, 03:14:10 AM »
Valerie - Arena 1

The Vampire leaned onto the shaft of her weapon in more obscene manors as he kept babbling about his dark desires. For talking about how much society chained, he too seemed to be chained as well. But who pulled at those chords?

"Ah yes rise as many times as aaaahhh you like. I will definitely be there every single time to greet you. And if noooot me. Then aah someone else will...."

Fighting strong people really did get her going like nothing else, especially if they were bad boys, and what could be more rewarding than getting yourself off to a crowd. Not much would be the answer, so she took the opportunity granted to her.

"Hmmm... Should say something about humanity here- Right, that is it. Hmm hmmm.... And you will fail because hope is stronger."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 25, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »
Wendy

Mira

Mira hefted the weapon up into both of her hands, eyes narrowed in focus as she regarded it, then Wendy. "Ya know, with this thing it probably wouldn't be much of a fight. I might not know the most about axes, but basic weapons training came up."

She tightened her grip on the haft, and shook her head. "Go get a box. I'll wait."

Wendy

The wendigo's hair flared out as if she'd gone super sayian 3. She glared at Mira hatefully, clenched her fist and growled.

"I don't need your pity, you little whore! I'll eat you, I'll eat your master, and I'll eat everyone! You're just a stepping stone!"

She stomped on the ground, sending debris shooting up before throwing a rock across the abyss at Mira. "YOU'RE NOTHING! JUST A WORTHLESS LITTLE CHILD WHO HAPPENED TO GET LUCKY ONCE!" She roared.

3. A voice in Mira's head solemnly intoned.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 25, 2020, 11:23:12 PM »
Zeke - Arena One

Claws dug into the glowing, burnt remnants of the dance club. As soon as she spoke, his dying eyes wavered between consciousness and the eternal elysium. But they managed to open... his maw opened... and revealed a mix between shock, disbelief, and fascination.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

The dark being known as Zeke laughed. Not at her, never at her, but... with her. At him. And that was terrifying. Because there was no compassion, love, or kindness in that laughter. And yet it wasn't an evil laughter either. That monster... was an evil that was completely fine and capable with laughing at himself. He saw his own folly, but simply accepted it as part of himself. You couldn't reason with such a being. Not when he took his own flaws with such stride. And he was grateful. Grateful for the match. Grateful for the experience Valerie gave him. And grateful that she genuinely got him to laugh.

That's exactly right!
"________!" Hope! He knew it well. Far too well. It was a nectar that intoxicated him for so many thousands of voyages. The hope that he could return home, and drag his own people to where his whims dragged him. The monster playing the part of the villain smiled with the monster playing the part of the hero.

Thus, Zeke laughs.

Thus, Zeke stands.

Don't count me out yet, girl. This is all I have!
"_________. __________!"

Tentacles rippled out of his carved chest. This wasn't healing, regeneration, or anything as fancy as his dark reforming. A fake supplementing for a fake. That's all he could manage. Even now, this was all just borrowed time! And yet he started to burn once more in earnest.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:25:48 PM by Kotomine_Rin »