Author Topic: The Citadel of Sorcery  (Read 18602 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: The Citadel of Sorcery
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2019, 03:45:13 AM »
Christina Verde

After a moment of awkwardness the redhead clapped her hands together and forced a smile on. "Well, at the Lapidarian Society we don't particularly care about what family you're from. As long as you have the talent, you could be the child of a demon or something!"

Christina nodded firmly, and then turned back around for the rest of their journey. "But that goes both ways too - don't think we'll respect you just because you have a nice name after yours."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2019, 12:21:33 AM »
Edelgard

Respect for one's accomplishments over names sounded agreeable. In fact, as far as Edelgard was concerned, the only names you could call your own, the ones you could swing around rather than the ones you were obligated to defend, were the ones you'd earned.

But she felt uneasy, out of place here. Useless to really understand what was swimming through Sakura's head, but at the moment, she wouldn't be doing anything else by leaving, and she might be doing worse than that by leaving her potential accomplice alone. So she simply remained silent for most of it. When her voice came out impatiently, it was slightly unexpected.

"Then, what is your intention now?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 12:24:51 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2019, 03:05:43 AM »
Edelgard

Respect for one's accomplishments over names sounded agreeable. In fact, as far as Edelgard was concerned, the only names you could call your own, the ones you could swing around rather than the ones you were obligated to defend, were the ones you'd earned.

But she felt uneasy, out of place here. Useless to really understand what was swimming through Sakura's head, but at the moment, she wouldn't be doing anything else by leaving, and she might be doing worse than that by leaving her potential accomplice alone. So she simply remained silent for most of it. When her voice came out impatiently, it was slightly unexpected.

"Then, what is your intention now?"

Sakura

Sakura nodded sullenly at Christina, following behind her quietly. She cocked her head in confusion at Edelgard's nebulous question.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2019, 05:05:21 PM »
? ? ? ?

"OI YA SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU NOISY EL-"

He suddenly shook his head and hit his ear.

"Whatta you mean pull back? I was just gonn- Fine Fine I'll leave, but don't think this'll be the last ya see of me, Ya hear that!!"

Amanda let out a sigh of relief as he the crazed men limped away, yeah limped, it looked like his left leg wasn't quite as sturdy as his right. "Don't even think about fighting him, for people like us he's the worst enemy." she spoke up quickly knowing Eru would probably do something drastic otherwise.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2019, 10:21:54 PM »
Christina Verde

She was quiet at first, leading on and listening to see what Sakura said, but then after about half a minute of awkward silence Christina caught on. "Oh, you mean me? I'm just trying to get us a cute new recruit!"

She waved back over her shoulder at Sakura, grinning. "Now hold on, the boundary between our lands and House Antioch's can be a little far."

--------------------------------

The Lapis Spire

12:15

Past the curtain wall of the House Antioch the landscape quickly took on a more natural bent. They were walking along an old stone road lined with twisted branches. At their tips were vibrant green flames, cool and harmless to the touch and blending into the twilit hues of the Citadel's mana-filled skies. Trees full of leaves in all the colors of autumn guarded the sides of the path, and the chirping of birds welcomed them.

Christina's smile was as bright as her red hair now, and she was practically bouncing about. "Welcome to the lands of the Lapis Spire! Generations of magi and our students have tended to this place."

Her movements did interesting things to her big chest.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2019, 02:02:06 AM »
Edelgard

It looked quite tranquil, even with the small, sorcerous details that dotted the landscape, reminding her this was not merely a pleasant, natural estate, but a residence of mages. She blinked, refocusing on the woman. Edelgard wondered if the brightness of her expression was pride for the legacy of generations that this seeming oasis was.

The forsaken's teeth scratched each other under her pursued lips. She hummed in affirmation.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2019, 03:50:54 PM »
? ? ? ?

"OI YA SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU NOISY EL-"

He suddenly shook his head and hit his ear.

"Whatta you mean pull back? I was just gonn- Fine Fine I'll leave, but don't think this'll be the last ya see of me, Ya hear that!!"

Amanda let out a sigh of relief as he the crazed men limped away, yeah limped, it looked like his left leg wasn't quite as sturdy as his right. "Don't even think about fighting him, for people like us he's the worst enemy." she spoke up quickly knowing Eru would probably do something drastic otherwise.

Eruraviel

Eru stuck her tongue out, putting her arm protectively in front of Amanda as he limped away. "Oh, he's nothing too special~ I've fought golems made of nullsteel before~ they were guarding the tomb of Ahkententum, a great and powerful lich~"

She began telling a story in her typical, carefree, singsongy voice. She wrapped.her arm around Amanda, pulling her close. "I just need to hire an adventurer helper or two, and we'll be invincible!" She waved her hand in front of them, towards the snow.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2019, 02:56:37 AM »
Sakura

As the conversation died down into an awkward, painful silence, Sakura's eyes slowly traveled down from Christina's face towards her ample bosom, settling on it for a good ten seconds as she took the girl's bountiful assets in.

She swallowed when she finally spoke, nodding silently. Her eyes traveled back up and nodded.
------
As they entered, Sakura's eyes wandered, widening. This level of magic was making her feel overwhelmed, and more than a little ill.

It was making her dizzy and nausous. She simply wasn't made to deal with this level of ambient magical energy, and her circuits were starting to buzz, whirring inside her. She put a hand up against a tree, her eyes again settling on Christina's assets. They were familar, and comforting.

"Sorry, I'm-not used to this."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2019, 01:18:47 AM »
Christina Verde

If Christina noticed where Sakura's eyes kept going, she didn't comment on it. Then again, it was likely she had a lot of experience with being stared at already. When they stopped at that tree the red-headed magus turned, and her eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, I forgot!"

She hurried over to Sakura and placed the back of her hand against the purple-haired girl's forehead. "People who aren't acclimated for high-mana environments take some time to adjust. Because you can use magic you shouldn't have to worry about any long-term effects, at least."

Christina frowned in concern though, and reached into her satchel with her free hand to fish something out. It was... an amethyst? She removed her hand from Sakura's forehead, and placed the amethyst against it instead. "Here, channel some of your internal reserves into this. If you make space your body can start the process faster."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2019, 01:37:08 AM »
The Citadel of Sorcery

The guards did not stand down until the abrasive man was out of sight altogether, and even then the harpooners were just looking for an excuse to throw icy, spear-y death down upon him from atop the walls. The lead guardian inclined his head. "You may proceed inside, if you can say we will have no more unpleasant surprises."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2019, 02:26:38 AM »
Christina Verde

If Christina noticed where Sakura's eyes kept going, she didn't comment on it. Then again, it was likely she had a lot of experience with being stared at already. When they stopped at that tree the red-headed magus turned, and her eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, I forgot!"

She hurried over to Sakura and placed the back of her hand against the purple-haired girl's forehead. "People who aren't acclimated for high-mana environments take some time to adjust. Because you can use magic you shouldn't have to worry about any long-term effects, at least."

Christina frowned in concern though, and reached into her satchel with her free hand to fish something out. It was... an amethyst? She removed her hand from Sakura's forehead, and placed the amethyst against it instead. "Here, channel some of your internal reserves into this. If you make space your body can start the process faster."

Sakura

Sakura took the gem, looked at it, and nodded. She activated her circuits, and Christina would feel a burst of magical power as she poured an immense amount of mana into the gem before pocketing it. She looked a little woozy. "Thanks..."

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »
Amanda

"No No, no trouble here, I'll make sure she behaves." Amanda told the guards as she pushed Eru through, intent on taking her to nearest the nearest high quality shop as fast as possible, she even reinforced herself to make sure Eru didn't run off somewhere at the magical sight that would bombard her any second now.

"How about we make a bet Princess? If I manage to impress you with our fashion, I'll get to be the one railing you when we get back. It's not fair I'm the only one giving hmpfff..."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2019, 03:28:10 AM »
Eruraviel

"W-wait!" Eru cried out! She wasn't done styling on the man, and then he just left!?!

What an absolute coward.

Once they were inside, Eru seemed to detense a bit. Amanda could feel her hard muscles soften as she calmed down and relaxed them. Amanda could feel the soft curves of Eru's body reasserting themselves, her full butt jiggling along with her thicc thighs.

"Hoho, you're on, Amanda. This place you're taking me to better have quite the selection, or else I'm going to do whatever I want with you~"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2019, 06:02:06 PM »
Amanda

Smack.

Amanda playfully slapped Eru rear, savoring just how doughy it was now that the Elf was tense.  "Aww, you make such cute faces when you don't get what you want, but trust me. By the time I'm through with you, you'll be on your knees begging me to do it."

Her body was so damn squishy and soft tho, it wasn't fair. "You're gonna look amazing, the hottest girl in the whole city..... Are all Elves built like you?" Ah she found it.

The Witching Hour.

A fashion store that carried everything a young lady of their stature could possibly need. It was good she brought her credit card, cause most of the things in there cost more than the average person earned in a month.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2019, 06:25:49 PM »
Edelgard

The forsaken looked on carefully, but the exchange made a question float up to Edelgard's lips that had been lost in the spectacle and occasional silences of their visit.

"With so much magic active, is there no danger?" She asked, eyes darting to Christina. "This Citadel. Denser energy, denser pollution. Even if you store it for use..."

Expectations couldn't be trusted in this world called the Nexus. Her veil tainting had not slowed Sakura's spells in the slightest. But maybe it was a matter of her tools, like these gems, and no one here was deaf to what pervaded the space around them. It was a testament to how heavy it was that her companion felt ill. Greater mystic energy made spells more powerful, easier, but it was supposed to be a boon to even the weakest casters.

It was nothing to Edelgard, despite the sting in her eyes. Her people had made it through whole in a place where the air had crossed the line into poison.