Author Topic: The Great Northern Forest  (Read 13521 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Northern Forest
« Reply #390 on: January 03, 2021, 08:27:26 PM »
Sakura

Sakura looked at the girl with uncertainty as she hopped backwards and forwards, wondering what she would do next. However, when she heard Arcaena's response, a smile formed on her face for a moment, until it was once more replaced by a look of annoyance as the girl reached out and, without asking permission, drew some kind of magical rune on her neck.

"Hey!" she said, only to be cut off as the girl giggled before speaking up once more.

Sakura began to smile once more as Arcaena explained in more detail who they were looking for, mentally rolling her eyes at the overly-grand introduction, but not allowing her feelings to be visible on the surface. Her smile broadened as the girl finished off, beaming with pride as she stated that they would be able to fix her issues, her words also making Sakura aware of the reason behind the rune that had been drawn on her neck.

"Thank you!" Sakura replied, immediately, overjoyed at the possibility of being cured of the final reminders of her years of abuse at the hands of the Matou, only to pause momentarily as she realised that the elf would surely not provide such a service for free.

"Actually, what would your mother want in return?" she said, a little wary of what the elf might want in return. "I have some money back home, but I didn't bring anything with me, and I don't know if it would be enough to pay for a procedure like this."

Arcaena

"Oh no, she has no interest in your money. If she ever needed anything she could just sell some magical items or transmute some rare metals, you know?" Arcaena's conic earlobes swiveled to directly face Sakura. "Do you think you might have anything more concrete you could offer than that? Like manatite ore, for instance? If you don't, it's fine—we can discuss alternate methods of payment too."

The small elven lady turned around, gesturing at Sakura to follow her. "Come, sit down so you can think a bit. I'll make you some-ah, what do humans call it-tee? Tea! So make yourself comfortable and I'll be right back!"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:29:44 PM by SINIB »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 03, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »

Sakura

Sakura frowned at the girl's words. She didn't possess any manatite ore, or anything else that she suspected that this "Eruraviel" might want, and the thought of what "alternate methods" of payment might mean to someone with no apparent concept of her personal boundaries sent shivers down her spine.

"No, sorry, I don't have any of that", she replied.

Still, despite her reservations, Arcaena didn't seem like she had any ill-intentions, so Sakura saw no reason not to follow after her, relaxing into the seat as she considered whether there was anything she could offer.

"A cup of tea would be lovely, thank you", she said. "I'll try to think of something I can offer whilst you're back."

As she waited for the girl to return, Sakura thought hard about what rare or unusual things she might be able to offer until, finally, she came to a realisation. There was only one thing that she or her husband could do that was truly unique, and that was Shirou's ability to trace swords. She wasn't totally sure whether it would be enough, especially since his swords tended not to last very long, but it was at least something she might be able to offer. Continuing to ponder whether or not it would be enough and how to raise the idea, Sakura waited for Arceana to return.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 04, 2021, 04:44:23 PM »
Arcaena

As Sakura pondered her dilemma, the soothing aroma of boiling tea wafted through the air, tickling her nose with its gentle woody fragrence. Soon after, the elf returned with two mugs filled with heady green water wreathed with steam. "No luck?" She asked, cocking her head while she reached down and handed Sakura her cup. "There are a few options, even if you're destitute." The white-haired elf giggled, sitting next to Sakura and scooting right up against her. She'd never met a human before! It was so much different when they were alive and well! She wanted to ask Sakura about the mysterious city, but she would wait. This woman had interesting magic, magic she was sure her mother would be interested in playing around with.

Magic she was sure to present to Eruraviel as a gift. Perhaps she'd be rewarded with an increase in magical potential for a find this valuable.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:45:01 PM by SINIB »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 05, 2021, 03:36:31 AM »
Sakura

Sakura smiled at the Elf as she gratefully took the cup, taking a small sip before responding.

"Well, I did have one idea. My husband is capable of making copies of any sword he's ever seen, your mother might be able to find a use for that. They don't generally last that long, though, unfortunately, so I'm not sure if it would be useful", she replied.

As Sakura spoke, she felt the girl scoot up next to her, pressing close in a way that made her feel somewhat uncomfortable. However, not wanting to upset her host, she hid her discomfort, instead simply reaching for her cup and taking another drink of the tea.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2021, 08:51:44 PM »
Arcaena

The elf scratched her chin, looking up into the air. "Hmm, well, that doesn't really sound particularly useful. It's not like we'd be able to copy your husband's magic just by studying it for a little bit, and after that, it'd be gone forever—how about this? I'll make a copy of your soul so we can study the effects of your magic in detail, and I'll fix you up using my magic. If you want my mother to get involved, you'd probably need to offer a lot more as collateral for it to be worth her time right now."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:09 AM »
Sakura

Sakura frowned at the girl's response, both confused and discomforted by the thought of what she was suggesting, and a little worried by the implication that she would only receive a second class treatment. Copying her soul sounded like a dangerous procedure, and it was also one that raised potential ethical issues, if the resultant being was sentient. Further, she would also need to ensure that Arcaena could perform the process adequately. Relaxing for a moment, she picked up her cup once more and took another refreshing drink, considering her response carefully before finally speaking up.

"What do you mean by a 'copy of my soul', exactly?", she asked, a little suspicious. "Would it be harmful to me in any way? And would the copy be alive?"

"Also, what is the difference between having you fix me and having your mother do it? Would it affect me at all?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2021, 09:44:20 PM »
Sakura

Sakura frowned at the girl's response, both confused and discomforted by the thought of what she was suggesting, and a little worried by the implication that she would only receive a second class treatment. Copying her soul sounded like a dangerous procedure, and it was also one that raised potential ethical issues, if the resultant being was sentient. Further, she would also need to ensure that Arcaena could perform the process adequately. Relaxing for a moment, she picked up her cup once more and took another refreshing drink, considering her response carefully before finally speaking up.

"What do you mean by a 'copy of my soul', exactly?", she asked, a little suspicious. "Would it be harmful to me in any way? And would the copy be alive?"

"Also, what is the difference between having you fix me and having your mother do it? Would it affect me at all?"

Arcaena

"Hm hm. Good questions." She nodded three times with a faint approving smile on her face. "I'm much, much weaker than my mom, as well as being far less busy in general than her. If I do it for you, I'll just borrow her tools and she doesn't have to know about it—you get your soul restored, and I get to help out a cute human woman. And no, it won't be harmful to you at all. You won't even have to feel it! If you want her to do the operation, she'd be able to clean up your body too, but, I don't think you'd like what you'd have to offer to get her interested in this."

The elf crossed her legs, looking seriously at Sakura. "Plus, can you really afford to say no? I can't imagine that having your body like that is comfortable. I may not be an expert, but I can at least restore your original affinities for magecraft, and help you deal with the pain."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:45:34 PM by SINIB »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 09, 2021, 07:58:17 PM »
Sakura

Sakura frowned.

"Yes, it's not comfortable, but I'm used to it", she replied. "And it sounds like you wouldn't be able to remove the worms, which is a little disappointing."

"Still, being able to use my magic to its natural potential would be nice. But it sounds like your process would remove any of the abilities I've obtained as a result of being a Matou, too, which could be a problem, since my knowledge of Tohsaka magecraft is limited and my natural affinity is very niche. Would such a process really make me stronger?"

"And, as for the copy of my soul, what would you do with it? Would it be sentient, and would it suffer? I couldn't live with myself if I knowingly condemned another person to a life of misery", she finished.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 10, 2021, 04:30:21 PM »
Arcaena

"Of course it wouldn't suffer! You're my first human friend! How can you even suggest such a thing!" The silver haired elf's ears shifted downwards in agitation, frowning at Sakura with her cheeks slightly puffed out. "And if you think your magic is niche, that's also wrong. I can already tell that it has tremendous potential beyond what you can currently imagine-far surpassing whatever trifles you might be able to concoct with that pathetically grafted on affinity-but!"

One side of Arcaena's mouth curled up in a half grin before the smaller elf winked at her. I could also fix that instead. I'm not good enough to create new magical affinities yet, but it wouldn't be too hard for me to smooth everything out and make that magic truly your own, either."

The elf pressed her hands in between her own thighs, hiding her growing heat below from Sakura-she'd heard humans were far less open to casual flings than her elven kin, and wanted to respect the purplehead. Still, she leaned in towards Sakura with a big grin on her face, almost trembling with excitement.

"So? So, what do you think?"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 10, 2021, 09:04:45 PM »
Sakura

Sakura smiled as she heard Arceana's response, the elf's words and actions ending any uncertainty she had about the whole thing. Arceana seemed to have nothing but good intentions, both for her and for the copy that she intended to make. And the way that she trembled with excitement as she awaited the response made the thought of refusing seem akin to kicking a rather enthusiastic puppy.

"I think that it's a wonderful idea. You seem like you can be trusted with a copy of my soul, and what you are offering in return is just too good to pass up", she said with a smile, before pausing.

"But, what you said about my affinity has left me uncertain what it is that I actually want. Having my natural abilities returned would be hugely beneficial, but I'm worried about what I might lose. Would you be able to explain what the possibilities are in more detail, so I can decide which one to go for?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 20, 2021, 02:30:53 AM »
Longirsu
Early Morning

Longirsu, designer and sole master of terrortech in the Nexus, walked alone at the edge of the civilized world. His machines, and then his feet, had taken him across meadows, flowery fields, the barely traveled roads that winded outwards from the cities of this world, to where bashful streams curled around ever-older and taller trees, and grand canopies obscured the sunlight like tattered curtains. If he had any pleasure in being here he did not show it, easily swinging a large steel case from his right hand as he walked. The smallest part of his sensorial processing aids was filtering out the endless, harmless distractions the environment provided, such as the chirping of birds and the flutter of the breeze, lest he remember places and times that no longer had the ability to comfort him; but the rest had important things to do.

The atmosphere here was charged with potential energy of the sort harnessed for what was commonly designated "magic" in multiple systems predominant in these lands. The premises that made this possible held at least partially true to experience from his original world... but the bounty the surroundings could yield meant very little compared to the subject he sought.

Instruments calibrated to the signature that Ib had mapped and projected as resting with frequency in the radius of these woods, Longirsu could tell he was growing closer. With stealth drones surveying the forest from above, and other machines silently accompanying his trail, the characteristic lack of clarity that plagued navigation in this biome was less a danger and more a slight setback to paint over. What concerned him was the temperament of this particular subject. If they were a so-called magician, and if he was approaching what passed for a base or stronghold for them, then defenses would be coming up soon.

Fortunately, Longirsu had no intention to deal with such things. He had come to have a chat.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 20, 2021, 10:33:17 PM »
Eruraviel

Longirsu was being watched from the shadows. A number of forms scurried through the underbrush, expertly avoiding detection while keeping a close eye on the man. Every elven woman watching him knew that he was far, far too powerful to make a casual enemy out of.

It was errily quiet, silent and dangerous. Not a sound echoed through the forest as he marched closer to the immense, oversized tree which Eruraviel had made her base of operations.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 20, 2021, 10:48:17 PM »
Longirsu

The quiet was unnatural. Aside from the darkness, it was simple to tell that his sounds, as well of those of an unknown number of bodies he had indistinctly picked up by the traces of their passage in other ways, were being muffled. He seemed to be within the radius of multiple magical effects - which was not ideal, but confirmed his course. The looming tree ahead looked promising.

And so, once he had walked close enough to fall under the shade of the great structure itself, Longirsu stopped. With a muted grunt he heaved his large case onto the ground, before sweeping up his overcoat and sitting upon it.

Crossing his arms and resting his left ankle on his right knee, he waited. After all, it would be rude to simply stride into someone else's yard without permission.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:48:56 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2021, 12:18:09 AM »
Eruraviel

A short yet generously built blond elven form emerged from the darkness, glaring at him suspiciously with eyes that were able to pierce through the unnatural fog. Her eyes flashed with a red that even though the darkness, he was able to see, peering into his soul.

Waiting to see what jumped back at her. Waiting to directly read his intentions instead of dealing with untrustworthy oral communications.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 22, 2021, 03:24:13 AM »
Longirsu

His eyes lazily met that piercing glow, and a multitude of sensors recalibrated themselves, sending synapses racing and cognition enhancements blaring in his skull. As she peeked underneath the metal and flesh, peeling the physical and chemical away for the abstract and spiritual underneath, a kaleidoscopic confluence of calculations and measurements flowed into him, unpuzzling and classifying whatever waves and forces that he could gleam from that magical glare.

Longirsu straightened his back and addressed her. "Are you the master of this domain? My name is Longirsu, and I've come here in hopes of discussing my research with an individual I believe to be of great value to it."

He did not make any special effort to hide his intentions, but Eru could see his ambition and calculated desire. A sharpened willingness and preparation to defend himself, but the intention to speak and listen, and learn.