Author Topic: The Great Northern Forest  (Read 13589 times)

Who?

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Northern Forest
« Reply #450 on: February 21, 2021, 11:26:42 PM »
Kore

It is an - offer. (A part of Kore that sounds entirely too much like her parent calls it obscene.) 

She wants to - she wants to so much. Fu Hua is powerful - with that power bound to Kore, she is sure Fu Hua would defeat her. She wouldn’t have to fear (an ache in her side that almost makes her wince) herself. That she might decide to once again take the world in her hand, and break it.

Never have to wake up to an empty world.

Kore breathes, softly. She looks at Fu Hua again, eyes searching for - something. Justification, perhaps. A reason to trust...

An excuse.

Fu Hua’s nature is clear, of course. Negative emotions, an evil spirit - cast away? Maybe, she wouldn’t know. Suspicious.

(She remembers those she had dealt - manipulated. She had manipulated them. The "taste" of rage and grief and despair made manifest. She compares the tastes.)

Fu Hua was mercurial, but- Even that was more than the monsters she had created. Perhaps the most stable form such negative emotions could take. And - charitable? That would be the most unexpected aspect.   

There was no reason for Fu Hua to offer such things to a just-met stranger. A reason to go - there. 

She closes her eyes and thinks.

Fu Hua’s hands are nice. Her finger on Kore’s lips is nice. Why should she be permitted to go there? Why shouldnt she, just to check, to see how things were? Visiting would be a pleasure she didn’t deserve.

And then what? Should she destroy her plants, pass them on? She enjoyed those as well, after all. But this and that were separate things - those were a relic, a reminder of her past and what she had destroyed. This would be something new. A chance to escape her sins. Throw them away like so much worthless rubbish.

Her stomach roiled. That she would not do. But - throwing away such a generous offer...

Fu Hua might have ulterior motives. But such a mercurial being might make such an offer merely out of a moment’s kindness.

She opens her eyes and looks into Fu Hua’s, red, like rubies. Pretty. 

Fu Hua is waiting. 

Calmly, patiently. For a choice.

Choice...

Kore does not say anything. The words choke in her throat.

She nods, an almost unnoticeable incline. She looks ashamed.

And presses her lips to Fu Hua’s finger.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2021, 08:32:34 PM »
Eruraviel

Eruraviel puffed out her cheeks in an exaggerated pout. She forced the tips of her ears to lower just a few degrees, and all of a sudden, she looked as if she were sad. "Interesting. I had the opportunity to work with it for a little while, but the more you speak about it the more interesting an item it becomes. Perhaps I would be able to integrate some of nature's great works into my own designs, hmm?"

She rubbed her hands together like a greedy banker lusting after money.

William

Oh sothat's how she wanted to play it? Bargain with his emotions by making herself look cute and vulnerable, too bad she couldn't even keep the act up for 5seconds before looking like one of those greedy merchants....

He hated merchants.

And that is why he moved the lacrima to dangle in front of the Princess for a second to get her hopes up, before crushing them altogether by offering it to the other man. "I never said replicating them was impossible. From my recollection these lacrima were originally formed over time by certain rocks being infused by the mana rich air of my home world, mana that carries the traits of our type of magic. It shouldn't be impossible to recreate those conditions on a smaller scale, I simply haven't seen the need for it before."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 23, 2021, 12:30:15 PM »
Fu Hua

The indecent ecstatic sensation of Fu Hua's energy sweeps through Kore's body without the slightest resistance. It weaves into her flesh, slips into her bones, nestles itself into the crevices of her spirit. There is a strange warmth in the feeling, filling the green-haired girl's cheeks with red. It is like being embraced, hands wrapping around her neck arms wrapping around her waist. Who in all of heaven and earth has ever wanted her so much? She can feel the depths of Fu Hua's hunger, the intoxicating ocean of desire she has let spill into her. The phoenix will never, never let her go.

Fu Hua will crush her to death in her claws before she ever escapes.

But how bad can such a thing be? Fu Hua's touch, and her hands hold Kore's now, is soft and gentle. The power that pulses in both their bodies recognizes itself, adores itself, draws them closer together. She can feel Fu Hua's hand caress her heart. Yes, if anything else, Kore will never be alone again. Even if she were to be lost again in that empty void, the hollow world constructed by her own hands, she would never be alone. Because Fu Hua is with her.

"So then," and there is an undeniable smugness in her voice, "there is nothing holding you back now, is there? What is it you want to do first, Kore? I am willing to give you the first choice. You are mine, so anything you want can be yours."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2021, 04:16:29 PM »
Longirsu

Fascinating. Longirsu took the crystal in his hand and set it carefully on the table before him. Small-minded, if William had never seen the need to obtain more of these even though he had a clear direction to begin doing so. Perhaps merely indolent, if his goals did not necessitate such a thing, if he did not wish to go out of his way to offer this resource to the people of this world.

But he was getting distracted. The lines of his forehead creased in unfocused displeasure, twitching as Longirsu became aware of the dryness in his throat and made a sound to clear it.

"Well. You have heard my intent, I have heard yours. And you do not sound disinclined to what I could bring to the table, nor to being in the know of my progress. So what do you say to the matter of our association... Lady Eruraviel? Sir William?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2021, 01:09:48 AM »
Eruraviel

"Hey!" Eruraviel shouted, trying in vain to try to grab it out of the air before it reached Longirsu. "Mumumu!" She puffed out her cheeks in a pout and leaned in towards William in a huff. "Meanie! Meanie meanie meanie!" Eruraviel's fists pounded in vain against his chest as if she were a petulant child throwing a tantrum, far from the image of an all-powerful goddess which desired worship. Her ears trembled, and she rested her face against William's chest.

"I'm not opposed to working with you, no. I am a goddess of magic, and your goals seem amenable with my own... Humu... At the least, I won't be in active opposition with you. Real trust takes time and effort to build up."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Who?

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2021, 08:35:07 PM »
Kore

Kore stumbles forward, disorientated, leaning on Fu Hua for balance.

She had not expected the transfer of power to be so - intense. 

Or intimate. 

Her own experiments in such fields were an amplification and materialisation of negative emotions that were already present. Even her abilities to create those creatures in her second form was only an expansion of the original principles. This was something entirely different. 

Want, desire, possessiveness... She felt like she was drowning in them. She shuddered, resting her head on Fu Hua’s shoulder, blinking hazily. 

When Fu Hua speaks, Kore’s first answer is a confused, mumbled sound into Fu Hua’s shoulder, pressing her face into the fabric of Fu Hua’s clothes. They are soft, smooth. 

And also made of negative emotion. She was not surprised. 

Kore centres herself, and when she realises what she’s doing - she steps away, blushing. It was like she had no self-control at all, really. Embarrassing. 

She clears her throat and tried to pretend she had not just been cuddling Fu Hua, brushing her hair back into place. 

She considers arguing the point about being Fu Hua’s – even if she feels the spirit under her skin, intertwined with her down to the bones (and what an exultant feeling, to be so utterly close to someone after so long- she pushes that impulse down. This was a practical arrangement, just to make sure she didn’t have some kind of maniacal impulse and - end up like that.) 

Arguing with a spirit made of negative emotions over a turn of phrase - even an oddly gracious one - seemed liable to end poorly. 

The first words - intelligible words, rather than the embarrassing mumble of nonsense earlier - that come out are "Thank you."  She says them solemnly, and the look in her eyes is incredibly grateful, like a man in a desert being given a flask of water. 

She can go.

"I am... unfamiliar with this place - so I can’t say if there’s anywhere I would particularly be interested in. But, the city - it looked quite... modern is the wrong word, given my lack of knowledge of the historical context of this world, but similar to the cities of - my world." A wince, a grimace, a guilty look off to the side.   

A thought distracts her from her reverie, of great skylines of metal and glass, replaced by flat, dry wasteland  - "Is this a nationalised park, reserve, forest? Do you have nations? I assume you do, but that doesn’t actually speak to their form, there are so many, it’s incredible- oh, money! Currency, it’s a unit of exchange, uh, a way to exchange and compensate forms of labour via fiat? I assumed you would possess it from the urbanisation but that’s merely a generalisation, it seems like it might be possible to build a city of that scale through barter - or perhaps a communal resource pool? Oh, in the latter cases, if you formed or had corporations, they must take a fascinating form- but I am wondering from the original point-" She clears her throat, looking sheepish. "Apologies, I was... excited. On the way there, could you tell me about this place? And, ah, actually." She looks down at herself. "My clothes, would they be viewed as particularly unusual or out of place? I wouldn’t want to seem too obviously alien." 

The Demon King who brought ruin to her world, and laid low its greatest heroes, looks at the thousand year spirit split off from her other half to wander the world and act according to her bottomless desire.

Her eyes brim with eager curiosity. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:35:38 PM by Who? »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »
William

"I just hope you'll do something interesting with it, just don't bore me alright, that is the only thing that can kill me and you don't want me as an enemy." William so casually flipped from an encouraging tone to threats of violence, all while patting the head of the Elf Princess.

"Your time will come Princess, learn the value of patience and perhaps you too will fully mature."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 01, 2021, 08:24:48 PM »
Longirsu

The inventor clicked his tongue, aborting the pleased hum of affirmation he had thought to give. He'd known him for minutes, and William dying of boredom was sounding preferrable to his help. Leave it to this man to remind Longirsu like a thunderbolt in a clear sky how pointless it was to get in a good mood. He would remember that threat, but he wouldn't turn down generosity now. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

He would not be using titles with them after this, however.

"That is fine," he said, nodding to Eruraviel. He retrieved a small object from his clothes, a sealed hexagon of stainless metal as though a closed pocketwatch, and slid it across the table. A gesture for their newly founded cooperation. "I hope in due time, I will convince you this was a wise decision. In the meantime... I should ask. Would I be incorrect to surmise you're aware of the great tear in the so-called Citadel of Sorcery?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:27:42 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2021, 08:38:10 PM »
Eruraviel

Eruraviel's ears fluttered, and she raised herself upwards onto the balls of her toes, leaning into William's warm hand. "I can't really help my youth, you know. It's eternal and unending. Still, I think calling me impatient is a pretty bad joke."

The Elven goddess waved her hand, instantly casting a telekenisis spell and dragging the magical object to herself, floating it a few centimeters away from her. She pulled back from William and began to poke at it with idle curiosity.

"I do. They wouldn't allow me to join, on account of how powerful I am." Eruraviel's pursed lips revealed the wound she still nurtured. "It is a powerful source of magic, but hardly a nessecary one. I do not wish to bring the wrath of the Nexus down upon me as a result of my covetous nature. A more delicate touch will be needed to prevail upon my goals."

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 02, 2021, 07:46:46 PM »
William

"Aware of it, now that is a fun story....heh.... I know everything...." The dark mage didn't burst into full blown laughter this time however he did chuckle just a tiny bit. An ominous foreboding chuckle that carried dark intents like a breeze of stale air.

"And I know what made that tear... But such archaic knowledge does not come without its price... A price you may not be willing to pay..." And then his attention returned to his Princess. "Don't be disheartened by the rejection of the fools who study it, for they are merely scraping at the heels of the folly which clouds true wisdom."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 03, 2021, 03:48:47 PM »
Eruraviel

"Mou, who said anything about being jealous! I was just thinking of how convinent it would be to use it up in an ascension ritual." Eruraviel complained with a pouty hmmph at the end. Her eyes were closed, but she opened one of them to regard Longirsu. "And you-I take it you haven't made contact with the Succubus King at the Pleasure Palance?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 03, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »
Longirsu

"Hah. Keep your secrets then, mad hatter," he scoffed. That was all he could say to not slobber at the information being offered, but his dry distaste was as sincere as it got. Relying on an ambiguous exchange from an even more ambiguous figure? Not a chance.

Longirsu pointed blearily at the device he'd given Eruraviel. "A communicator. No one should be able to easily intercept the wavelength," he said, as his eyes refocused on the sorceress. "No, I have not investigated this Succubus King yet. My current target is the power plant in Columbia. The unease with its neighbors and former parts is set to intensify in the time to come, and I intend to take advantage of that."

The woman's pointed ears stood out to him. Jiral's fixations would not be sympathetic to Eruraviel, nor she to them. Longirsu was not unaware of this, but he had no true allegiance to the militant city-state. They were a means to an end, a shining example of humanity's worst tendencies he was glad to exploit, and once his power base was secure and they could not tear their eyes away from the wars they desired and had made themselves reliant on him to continue, they would be easy to discard.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 05, 2021, 07:51:53 PM »
William

"Now don't be like that princess, this is merely part of your irresistible charm." If the Elf thought she had slunk out his grip then she thought wrong cause he reeled her back into a gentle hug. "And you inventor, stay away from the Pleasure Palace. A man like you would get swallowed up by their appetite in the blink of an eye, and then you'd never be the same again."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 07, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »
Eruraviel

Unlike any communicator she'd ever seen, but no matter. Her magesmiths would get working on dissecting the tech inside for her. She hoped that it would prove to be a valuable experience for them.

Eruraviel contented herself with nuzzling William's pecs and feeling up his hardened abs. "I would be careful investigating her the way you've talked to me-she may well take offense at your manner, as she is a proud goddess herself."

Eruraviel turned her head, flattening her ear against William to stare at Longirsu seriously. Her eyes glimmered with passive interest at his thoughts-she would send her best ranger to follow him secretly, no, not her. If she got caught, it would prove to be a bother, wouldn't it?

I'll have to send her instead...

She would find out what connections he had with the despicable slaver state of the river. If needed, it would prove to be a good excuse to declare a jihad against their existence.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 07, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »
Longirsu

So many warnings. Worry about the danger of a rival, extending to a new partner? Or merely polite caution from entreating with someome who was as suspect as any of them in their power?

"I don't make a habit of consorting politely with the unreasonable, but I will keep that in mind," he responded, clasping his hands in front of him with a long intake of air. "I will have enough to keep myself busy soon, at any rate. War is a profitable occasion for many things, and I would like to learn more of the expertise you possess with... life and death."

As an exchange, ideally, not a pittance. But as far as bargaining chips went... His instruments and research were made to cut to the strata of all things, but their means were inextricably linked to Longirsu, and that did not make them easy to repurpose. He thought of her house and how she identified herself. If the manner of her abode too, spoke of a measure of pride, a clear point of persuasion presented itself. The inventor was aware of many slaves in Jiral whose features and ancestral traits were similar to Eruraviel's, and likewise identified as elves. He couldn't imagine it would be difficult to bring a number of these captives into his custody and arrange to redeem them into the sorceress's watch in secret. Would she welcome that? Or would she find it a burden? He needed to know her better.

His irises whirled mechanically towards her, and he chuckled dryly. "I would like if you could suffer to not scrutinize me every moment with those eyes of yours, but the impulse is understandable."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:35:15 PM by YOLF »