Author Topic: Vampire District  (Read 28325 times)

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Vampire District
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:37:40 PM »
THE VAMPIRE DISTRICT

Without a doubt the bleakest place under the sun because the sun never shines on the dead. Truth be told, you'd have a hard time catching sunlight here regardless of the season, for thick mist like gases cling to this place like an old carpet. The air is safe for breathing though, probably.

This place is home to largest 'coven' of vampires, but with them being the way they are, there's hardly any unity. They number in the thousands with most of them being rather young. There's also a decently sized human population living here who manages various public relations offices, all for the sake of preventing visitors from snooping around where they are not supposed to go. Most of the vampires living here don't like having to act friendly with humans after all.

Nominally speaking Vampire King Valerie is the leader, however she retired long ago, letting Duke Taro take over and he's been tirelessly trying to improve the publics perception of their kind.

Death's Cradle

An old Gothic style castle, it's grand opulence can appear spooky to some, even more so considering who lives there. It's no secret this is the home of a benovelent vampire. Despite that your average citizen still shy far away from it, better safe than sorry after all. If one were to approach the castle through the maze like orchard surrounding it, they'd come to see the pumpkin heads that eternally lits up it's halls and grounds.

You are unlikely to see any birds here as a large colony of bats has this their home. These bats are quite unusual as they are active during both night and day. They've pretty much competed all other flying wildlife away from the area through sheer agression, although they seem to leave humanoids alone.

There's also a dungeon with prison cells and an armory, although both have fallen out of use in recent years, the weapons that remain are terribly outdated and merely kept around as a collection, a record of the past, or her very own museum as she likes to call it. The owner is more than willing to give anyone who's interested an extensive tour if asked, that is too say if she's home, as she's been known to roam the Nexus at random hours much to the annoyance of the current Chief.

Culture

Yeah, they are savages, thirsting for human blood and tears without end, but there's some who wish to change that. Or at the very least try to be better. There's no real central administration, rather it's age and status that governs the interpersonal relationships. It's in essence feudal, with the other races who live here treated hardly better than serfs in the days of yore.

You're unlikely to be assaulted on the streets here though, all things considered the district is still incredibly orderly and you will be hard pressed to find a safer place during the hours of sunlight. Night time is a bit trickier though as it is usually at this time that the masters of this land feed....

Politics

The current rulers maintain control with an iron fist in spite of their limited influence. The status of Duke Yaro is far too cemented to ever be questioned internally, those who do oppose him wields no tangible influence. Although with how long their kind persists, it's not unknown for plots to span centuries. However if any change is to occur within this land in the now, it will have to come either from his own hand, the words of his 'master' or from outside.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:45:37 PM by Bern »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire District
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:20:03 PM »
Aruna

10:00am

Cloudy skies, a thick fog, a gothic atmosphere: it all felt so close to home.  Since she left the bathhouse, she had been wandering from district to district, seeing which places would suit her to live in.  This was by far the most homie.  The strange thing was this place seemed to be dominated by vampires.  She had actually stalked one or two and watched them savagely rip apart a foolish human who dared wander into this part of town.  It was a bit primal, but she feeds on souls, who was she to judge?

Aruna stared up at the massive castle standing before her.  The entire thing had the beauty of a hallow's eve twilight, decorated to the core with pumpkins, lanterns and an enormous amount of bats.  As she approached, a massive swarm of bats fluttered around her, almost circling her in a cyclone of darkness.  The demon grinned, her body shrinking and morphing into the shape of a bat.  The girl standing at the base of the building was now gone, lost in the massive swarm of bats fluttering throughout the castle.

Continued from pine guardian.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:22:36 PM by yinsukin »

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 07:45:39 PM »
Death's Cradle

10:00 AM

The bats swarmed around her and her infiltration strategy was a success as she became just one amongst the swarm. The pack of flying rodents subtly guided her into the luxurious entry hall, but then there was a shift.

A sudden terrible shift.

All the bats stopped flying in the complex circular patter and instead all headed straight for the railing of the majestic stairs, all of them landing with far moe grace than these creatures had any right bearing before all turning their eyes. on her.

Yes eyes, despite the fact bats had notoriously bad eyesight and didn't guide themselves through regular vision, they were all undoubtedly watching her, observing her every motion, like a predator sizing up its prey.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »
Aruna

As the bats all turned to face her, she realized that she had made a terrible mistake.  Familars!

All at once her fight or flight senses took over.  Not because of the bats, no she was sure she could take them all.  What she was worried about was the possibility of facing down whatever commanded that force.  She wanted to be able to observe her before meeting her, allowing her the possibility of escape.  Perhaps it was still possible.

Aruna descended from the railing, returning to her female form as she landed on the ground, her lips parting to silently weave portal spells.  They were not visible, but she could pass through one now to exit the building and escape.  She was still curious enough to meet one of this cities leaders, even as an intruder.  So she stared up at the bats, raising her arms, prepared to fight.  She just needed a moment to prepare her escape.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 05:13:30 PM »
Valerie

"just where do you think you are goiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn......."

The voice that suddenly interuppted her escape was just as quickly cut off and became a loud scream as figure tumped down the stairs. It bounced over every step and around every corner until it had made it past all the floors and all the way down.

The figure stood up slowly among soft moans of pain as it rubbed its head, It appeared to be female, but it was somewhat hard to tell with its arms covering its face as it was rubbing the soft blonde locks of its hair.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »
Aruna

The dark angel's small wings twitched at the sight, staring in fascination as this blond girl bounced down the stairs like a clumsy child.  It couldn't be the leader right?  Maybe a servant or something?

"I...I wasn't going anywhere....yet?" she asked, confused as to what her tone of voice should be.  It started firm but petered out at the end.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 05:32:46 PM »
Valerie

The blonde figure seemingly ignored her as she straightened out her long hair from the fall, it looked unnaturally ruffled and despite the girls best attempts it refused to comply. If anything it just stood out even more, how could mere hair be this mysterious?

She gave up and cleared her throat before turning around.

"Who-who are you trying to invade my home like this.?" It was clearly meant to be threatening but was totally unconvincing in light of what had just happened.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 06:05:55 PM »
Aruna

Aruna continued to stare and said, "I am just a traveler.  I am looking for a home and wanted to get acquainted with the head of this area.  I hear this is a place where monsters such as myself can live in peace."

She really didn't want to look evil this time.  She was tired of being chased out of human homes.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 06:18:55 PM »
Valerie

The vampire squirmed under the intense stare and began fiddling with her fingers subconciously. "T-that would be none other than m-me! Valerie, the Vampire King......"

Her enthusiasm wavered but she took a step closer despite it.

"Do you kill people for fun?"

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:00:57 PM by Bern »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 06:26:39 PM »
Aruna

Aruna blinked, walking up to the girl instinctively.  "Vampire king?" she thought out loud.  As she came closer, she couldn't help but be a little fascinated.  The girl was really pretty, but she did not seem all that well.... developed.  The blond hair was really captivating though.

"I mean yes?  But I only do that to scum.  You seem fine?"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 07:12:28 PM »
Valerie

"Then why would you be a monster? Taking care of scum makes the world a better place!" She spread her arms wide for dramatic purpose, and her small cape flared out equally in turn.

"You do not smell like a human however, And I cannot grant residence to some unknown part no matter how much I may like them." She nodded with that sentiment, perhaps the fall was still affecting her.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 07:16:44 PM »
Aruna

Normally, that would be considered an odd response, but to those who resided in the dark, it was all perfectly normal.  The culture of killing wasn't necessarily something she was proud of, but one couldn't deny the catharsis of it all.

"I am not a human," she said.  "Is this district only for vampires?  I can't say I am one myself, but I am similar to one."

That cape was really cute.  She wanted to poke it.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 01:10:42 AM »
Valerie

"We accept all creatures of the Dark, if they can prove themselves useful...." The vampire titled her head curiously as she regarded the woman in front of her.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 01:43:30 AM »
Aruna

Aruna's eyes widened, her cheeks becoming a slight tint of pink. It was a physical manifestation of her giddiness, her wanting to believe that which was too good to be true. It was like she was talking directly to her.  No one outside of her own realm ever said such welcoming words.  To hear it from a leader of a part of a city was.... indescribably welcoming. 

But wait, there was a catch.

"Useful?  What would you want from someone such as me?"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 11:53:50 AM »
Valerie

"You."

Valerie's small cape twirled as she drew closer, her chilly breathe caressing the skin of the fallen. "It is not unusual for our cravings to deepen as we mature...." Fangs glistening in the light were clearly visible, protruding in an aggressive way yet it looked entirely natural for her. But had they always been there, had some illusion lifted?

"II have never tasted one such as you..."