Author Topic: Vampire District  (Read 28234 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire District
« Reply #1410 on: January 12, 2021, 02:15:36 AM »
Roman

Roman grabbed Sakura's shirt on instinct, forgetting she was a woman in that moment, or perhaps lost in his rage.  He didn't even look down her shirt.  "You stupid bitch!  Look down on you?  Hell yeah I want to look down on you!  But I can't!  Do you know why?  BECAUSE I THINK YOUR BETTER THAN ME!  HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT BEFORE IT GETS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL!"

Roman dropped her shirt and fell to the ground, tears coming from his eyes.  "Dehumanize you?  Thats a damn compliment.  I want to be a monster.  Monsters are cool.  Well.... I think I do.  I'm.... not sure anymore."

He stood up straight and wiped the tears from his eyes.  "I think, I just want to become strong... whatever that means."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 12, 2021, 11:57:17 PM »
Sakura

"Feh." Sakura scoffed at him, allowing him to grab onto her in his heat of rage. It made her feel oddly superior to him, as if she'd won the argument in some small way by making him resort to force instead of words. "Then do it, and quit bitching about where other people are in their lives, and maybe, one day, you'll be able to grow up and stop being a pathetic little asshole. Take advantage of every oppurtunity you get, and don't ever think twice about being a cuttthroat creep who's just trying to get ahead in the world. Nobody ever gained real power by being nice."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 13, 2021, 01:34:43 AM »
Roman

Roman felt a strange pit in his chest, a feeling of absolute defeat.  Maybe thats why he laughed.  "Funny.  Everyone else has been telling me the exact opposite.  Valarie, Yusho, Emilia.... they are all telling me I have to be kind to get real strength.  But from my perspective, all the strongest most respected people in the world are assholes.  Thanks... i've been going crazy thinking maybe I was wrong this whole time."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 13, 2021, 08:59:45 PM »
Roman

Roman felt a strange pit in his chest, a feeling of absolute defeat.  Maybe thats why he laughed.  "Funny.  Everyone else has been telling me the exact opposite.  Valarie, Yusho, Emilia.... they are all telling me I have to be kind to get real strength.  But from my perspective, all the strongest most respected people in the world are assholes.  Thanks... i've been going crazy thinking maybe I was wrong this whole time."

Sakura

"Heh." She laughed, but at this point, she just sounded and looked exhausted. "From where I've stood, closer to the top, all I can say is that it's worse than it looks. Almost nbody wants to form genuine relationships, with the nice people being the exception that proves the rule. The rest, well, they just want results, and any relationship is a means to an end. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want to enter such a world."

She shook her head again, looking down at her chest. "We're both just a couple of foolish children."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 14, 2021, 02:13:16 PM »
Roman

"Same reason your still chasing it probably," he said, following her gaze to her chest.  "Power.  I think there was some old proverb like, you attract people similar to yourself....  I don't think thats a true one.  I used to think what your saying too, that whole thing about it being harder to find genuine people at the top, but I think someone at the top isn't necessarily disingenuous, but that they don't always waste their personality on everyone they meet.  Like... Valarie is at the top but I don't think she was being disingenuous with me."

His master was at the top of something, or at least more like Sakura and he wasn't disingenuous either.

Roman sighed.  "So... what did you have to do to gain power then?"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:20:46 PM by yinsukin »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 15, 2021, 12:09:16 AM »
Sakura

"Jeez, where do I even start? It's not that I'm unwilling to talk about it, but... How much time do you have?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 15, 2021, 01:34:35 AM »
Roman

Roman sighed and said, "I have all of eternity."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 16, 2021, 05:38:43 AM »
Sakura

"This isn't a date or anything, so don't get any ideas, but—let's get a cup of coffee. This isn't something I want to talk about just loitering around here. It's easier if we're sitting in a nice relaxed atmosphere."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 17, 2021, 04:09:14 AM »
Roman

"Your the one who said date," he said with a shrug.  "I've gotten a little too much action recently to complain."

And with that, he started walking towards a nearby cafe.

The door swung open, a bell ringing.  A well dressed man and woman with flight attendant like uniforms stood on the other side of a counter opposite to the door.  The room had a multi polygon shape, with the center being a rectangle with tables, separated by the triangle that was the counter and kitchen.  Vampire citizens sat at tables talking.  It was a normal scene discounting the water tainted with the slight tint of red in a few of the glasses.

"I almost hate how ordinary this place is," he said, looking around the room.  "Are you sure your alright with talking about something so personal here?  You know everyone has super hearing right?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 17, 2021, 03:56:52 PM »
Sakura

Sakura lead the way to a circle of plush couches sorrounding a large wooden table, planting her ass in one of the smaller ones. She leaned forwards and drew a quick series of magical runes in the air with her finger. They glowed for a moment before dispersing into dust.

"It'll be fine. They won't be able to make sense of what we're saying in here." She gestured at her fellow broodling of Valerie to sit down. "And it's nothing I'm really that uncomfortable talking about here. It's all in the past and it should help me get it off of my chest."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 17, 2021, 04:28:08 PM »
Roman

Roman watched Sakura do her magic with wide eyes.  He wondered how long it took to be able to cast magic like that.  Still, if it did what she said it did, then she was being disingenuous.  She said she didn't care, yet she casted a spell to prevent others from hearing their conversation.  At the very least, Roman considered that maybe it wasn't wrong after all to feel so defensive when they first met.  She wasn't very honest with herself.  But then again, maybe it was better to judge after he heard her out.  After all, she was opening up to him now.

"All in the past huh?" he said, echoing her words.  As he spoke, he sat his tinier ass in the chair opposite to hers.  "Does having all that power allow you to put the past behind you?  I always wondered about that.  People who made it never seem to care much about the past, or at least don't bring it up."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 19, 2021, 12:26:11 AM »
Roman

Roman watched Sakura do her magic with wide eyes.  He wondered how long it took to be able to cast magic like that.  Still, if it did what she said it did, then she was being disingenuous.  She said she didn't care, yet she casted a spell to prevent others from hearing their conversation.  At the very least, Roman considered that maybe it wasn't wrong after all to feel so defensive when they first met.  She wasn't very honest with herself.  But then again, maybe it was better to judge after he heard her out.  After all, she was opening up to him now.

"All in the past huh?" he said, echoing her words.  As he spoke, he sat his tinier ass in the chair opposite to hers.  "Does having all that power allow you to put the past behind you?  I always wondered about that.  People who made it never seem to care much about the past, or at least don't bring it up."

Sakura

Sakura rested her arms on the armrests and began to idly strum her left hand against the fabric, while continuing to run her fingers through one of her long purple drills with the other. "No, of course it doesn't. Money and power doesn't make it any easier to get over your issues. What it does help with is suppressing them or ignoring them in favor of one's present luxury."

She leaned back, and crossed her legs. The fabric of her dress was naturally tight, and happened to give him a fairly good impression of the curvacious nature of her legs. She didn't seem to notice, or she didn't care in the first place. She continued silently strumming her fingers against the chair for a few moments before speaking up again, and began to tell him of her past.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 19, 2021, 01:53:59 AM »
Roman

Huh... oddly self aware...  Thats what Roman thought as he rested his chin in against the palm of his hand.  Roman frowned, staring at Sakura's shapely legs.  Maybe then money wasn't the kind of power he wanted.  Looking at that attractive body she got just from training, maybe the benefits of physical power were better.  After all, doesn't it give you more confidence in yourself or something like that?  Plus in this city, if your strong enough, you can just take the power for yourself.  Growing up, he always heard about districts occasionally being taken over by groups of strong individuals.

"I see.  Then what about your training?  No its alright.  Tell me about that when you get to it."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 20, 2021, 06:41:26 PM »
Sakura

A pair of prop-glasses generated on her face dangling on the tip of her nose, and she frowned. She couldn't deny she had reservations-she wasn't sure why she'd agreed to open up to him so readily. It was a decision she'd made in the heat of the moment, flowing directly from the stream of her consciousness, devoid from any logical decisions which she'd usually make.

She'd already said it, but she almost wanted to go back on it now. It was nerve-wracking, especially looking directly at Roman. She could feel her heart beating rapidly, throbbing in her chest with nausua building up in her gullet.

Still, backing off now would be majorly inelegant. She'd look like a fool, so she steeled her will and pushed on. "Yes, allow me to start at the beginning. We'll be here all day if I'm jumping around in this conversation from point to point." She wagged her finger at him for a moment before continuing on. "I was born as the second daughter to a family of mages known as the Tohsaka, hailing far away from the center of magical culture. They specialized in gem magecraft, storing magical energy within gemstones..."

As Sakura spoke, she thought back to those simpler times. She didn't remember much of them at all anymore. It was so long ago, and perhaps, she hadn't even wanted to remember those times. She couldn't really recall the face of her mother, only her soft smile.

It was a worthless smile. She'd been a weak woman, a woman whose only response to sending her own child halfway across the world to Finland had been that weak, detestable, sad smile. No complaints, only a quiet, calm goodbye at the airport, never to be seen again. She talked about her father, how he was an average man, a completely average mage whom viewed himself as a member of the upper crust. He'd been the one to make the decision to send her off. It'd been so she'd be taught magecraft which better suited her, to allow her to become a mage herself. She'd leaned back into the chair after recounting her broken memories, more for herself at this point than Roman, before she got into her sister.

Rin had been perfect-favored by their parents, able to cast magic from all five elements, top grade magical potential—she was the obvious choice to become the heir. Sakura stared longingly at her sister from behind the airport checkpoint, clutching tightly at the one keepsake she'd been given as she was lead away by a tall, dark-haired man. A small red ribbon, wrapped tightly around her clenched knuckles-it got fuzzy, after that. She couldn't remember the specifics anymore, but she recalled that Rin had called out to her, one last time...

Finally, Sakura stopped-for a while, she'd been rambling, spilling her guts out at what amounted to a complete stranger. She took a deep breath as she felt her heart racing, a cold sweat beading up at her brow. "Haah..."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:25:58 PM by SINIB »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 21, 2021, 12:30:43 AM »
Roman

It was hard to listen to, not because of the severity of it, but because it hit so close to home.  Even so, he couldn't stop listening.  This sort of traumatic backstory, it wasn't something he was a stranger to.  Quite frankly, the citizens of the nexus were no strangers to some form of trauma.  It was the fact that it came from a person like Sakura, so powerful, someone who seemed to have at least most of it figured out.

Roman's eyes widened and he spoke with a soft voice.  "Slow down.... You.... I want to know, but you don't have to tell me anymore if you don't want to."

He didn't understand all of it yet.  It was too incoherent.  Her sister Rin leaving for the airport?  Her weak parents?  Was it the pain of being abandoned that set her off or the sister...?  Yeah it was the abandonment wasn't it?  She was hurt by the people closest to her.

"But... I do want to know...."