Author Topic: Halloween Town  (Read 12398 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween Town
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2020, 01:33:15 AM »
Lola

The batgirl suddenly found herself swept up in his embrace.  Hand resting on his muscular chest, the batgirl felt the magical power building up.  She stared at his wings before tightening her grip around his body as he directed her down at the vulnerable city.

A hand reached for his throat, those bat like eyes sharpening.  "Weak doesn't mean passive.  If you think for a second I wouldn't try to kill you here then you are sadly mistaken."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2020, 05:22:04 AM »
Zeke

The dark star paused for a second as a hand choked its throat. Such feeble fingers, lightly squeezing hardened flesh... they were a pity. A will this strong shouldn't be trapped in such a weak body. Or maybe it was because of her struggle that she could shine so brightly. So what next? Would he pulp her to bits? Incinerate her? Make her swallow the greatest despair?

No.

He grinned cheekily with the widest, toothiest smile. It'd almost be creepy if Ezekiel wasn't so giddy.

"Excellent answer."

The tension faded and turned into the same casual uncertainty as ever. It was a prank, of course. His magic faded there and then.

"Can't have that though." He snapped his fingers casually to the side. That's when the hell below turned into something else. The first step toward paradise.

The old world creatures stopped, as if their time froze. For a second, the wounded onlookers grew concerned. Were they some odd automatons? No, it was different from Harley's magic, which pumped her life into extensions of herself. These creatures were independent. So why...?

"Uooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh!"

That's when the first set of teeth sunk into one of the beasts. Soon, the guttural screams and shouts became hungry cries, as even the sickly became overturned by hunger and began to eat the old world organisms themselves. The food had slipped creatures into their bloodstream, as of now, everyone in that small area was overcome by hunger. Eating the alien nurses, being eaten, melting down into some sort of digestive goo, and reforming to eat and be eaten again.

"Crunch! Munch!"

Until the fused biomasses began to connect and mix, healing and filling in what was broken. Even as the dead joined in this hellish dance of hunger and greed, the more they ate, the more their bodies reformed and transformed. Until the dead and the wounded were no more. They began to warp and change into something else.

Other sorts of creatures, but soon with their minds and personalities regained - and no memory of that horrific scenery. Only a body that could endure the incoming trials, and new life for those who had lost it.

"..."

"This magic will heal the broken and bring back the lost. With their bodies and a corpse, I can recreate the dead from memory. It's a skill from the old world, the power to bring old shells and organisms to life. I give them a second chance as my hands and eyes, as the spear that I drive through my enemy. And the shield that mends my friends' wounds."

His expression was serene and pure, he truly didn't see the carnage below as a bad thing. They were being brought back, healed, strengthened by alien flesh and organic matter. Soon, they would become something new. Something more than a monster to be trampled. Following their desires, the willing could reclaim what was lost. But it was unsettling. Even if his actions weren't born out of malice, they were warped by something else. When you can create and fix life at will, how easy is it to forget the pain and loss of the moment? Whatever made him must have been so afraid of losing anything, he'd have rather turned into a cold unfeeling shell than overcome this trauma.

Despite Zeke's warm touch, it felt cold. Lonely.

"It's a skill I inherited from something creepy, but with this, we won't have to worry about losing things dear to us. We will witness our new dawn, together."

With this, everyone who died came back, soon smiling and hugging each other. Some returned to their families, with new shapes and monstrous forms. But at what price? "Let's reach the promised land."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:44:10 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2020, 03:34:15 AM »
Lola

Thanks to the intelligence they gathered on Harley, as well as what she had seen with her own two eyes, this magical effect was not lost on her, nor the nuances between the two separate arts.  STill there was only one word to describe what she was witnessing.

"This is unnatrual..."

Lola lowered her legs to the ground, flapping her wing like arms.  ".... and a bad joke.  What are you really?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2020, 03:40:46 AM »
Zeke

He looked up at her for a second, as she took flight. But for a second, the question twisted his face in perplexion. That is, until Zeke smiled and nodded, his eyes closed in acceptance.

"I don't know."

It was a question he often asked himself. Even when that darkness consumed him earlier today, until his ego melted in the cesspool that was Zeke, he wasn't quite sure. In fact, none of the individualities melted in this one consciousness were sure. But the darkness that pulled them together was inescapable, and there were bits that could never be lost. No matter how many times the dark elemental hopped, its dream would never change. Even if its existence and mind melted into nothing.

Even if it was devoured by a _____, that was fine. So long as the journey could continue.

"What do you want me to be?" Zeke asked her innocently.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2020, 01:46:03 AM »
Some time ago

The sky was tinted with orange, that cursed color that infected every corner of her life.  Back then, Lola considered it the most beautiful.  Below the setting sun was a green Toyota gliding along the city streets.

"Lola...?  Can you get off of your phone for two minutes?  Its your birthday...."

A batlike man sat in the front seat, his fangs out.  It was a sign of aggression in their family and discussions that followed usually had harsh discipline follow.  Even so, the girl ignored him.  "Hold on, i'm almost done."

"Lola I am working long hours that are only going to get worse soon.  Don't you care at all?  I just want to spend time with you before then.."

Lola frowned.  "You never wanted to before now.  Why does today make a difference?"

"C'mon Lola," her father said.  "I went to a few of your high school events.... like your uhh sparing thing or whatever?"

Lola shook her head and turned to the window.  That was the last thing she remembered seeing before everything went black.  There was a whistling sound and a bang.

Lola awoke to the sight of a flaming corpse of a vehicle.   The ground beneath her was soft, grassy.  For some reason, the feeling of that grass stayed in her head, even as she watched her father get beaten.  Yes, her father was stripped naked and was being kicked and spit on by a crowd of humans.  Yet for some reason they left a hole for her specifically to watch.  As she came to, she realized she had been laid perfectly against the bark of the tree.  The noises he made were hard to describe, soft groans, hacking, the occasional coughing up of blood.

She had heard of anti monster sentiment all her life, but this was the first time she had seen it.  The smiles on their faces, like they were watching a monster die in a video game, it was discusting.  She and her father never had a great relationship, but he was still her father.  She tried to stand up, only to realize that she couldn't move for some reason.  Tears welled up in her eyes, falling from her cheeks and onto the ground.  Lola sniffled and let out a soft moan not unlike one someone would make when crying themselves to sleep.   

Lola's lips parted and she said something, a fervent wish to no one.

Another explosion occured, obliterating the bodies of the humans, yet somehow leaving her father unharmed.  In the center stood a single woman the one later known as the Hallow Queen.  Back then she was just known as Harley.

Lola

Lola blinked, staring at the man calling himself Ezekial, the one who casually defied the laws of life and death before her.  She lowered her eyes and took a few steps back.  It was an honest answer.  No he had been nothing but honest to her so far, that was truly the scariest thing.  Her face darkened as she recalled that memory from long ago.  She stared at the ground, refusing to let him see her expression.  Blood dripped onto the ground.  The batgirl tilted upwards to show her fangs extended to the absolute limit, ripping into her lower lips.  Every muscle on her body tensed as she said,

"I want a hero."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2020, 04:06:53 AM »
Zeke

For a moment, Zeke looked shocked. Surprised. He just looked away in embarrassment and rubbed the back of his head with a pained sigh. "Man, you just had to make an embarrassing request like that."

Zeke could easily weasel his way into this. Pry his way through a wounded heart, say the right things, put a mask on, and pretend like he was some sort of well-intentioned savior. It's not that he thought he was totally bad, though he knew his actions were probably on the wrong side of history. He just didn't have that sort of human spark that limits your morality like that. After all, he wasn't born one. Even if it benefited him, would he be able to lie to a woman's exposed heart like that?

They... he shook his head.

"Can't do. I'm going to have to be frank with you, even if it ends up biting me. It's because I value this kind of honesty between partners, I'm not very good at lying to the people I like."

Playing the heroic good guy was one thing, but if that was the reason she'd follow him, he couldn't really approve. Because a bond based on a lie is as flimsy as it gets, you know? So he floated up to Lola, gave her a gentle pat, and wiped the blood off her face.

"I'm not the good guy in this story, and my intentions aren't selfless or pure. Don't get me wrong, I'll protect you and listen to whatever you have to say, and I'll do my best if it means we can work together without worries. Sure, I might be stupid and stubborn, but I'm not always stupidly stubborn."

Nah. This is just something that's never been asked of me. I don't really know how I'd pull that off, it sounds too complicated to try. I'd probably regret it.

"But I did make a stupid promise, didn't I? I guess it can't be helped. I need you guys and the resources here, and you'll listen if you're happy. So I guess that makes me a hero, huh..."

It felt weird to say it to someone who was less fucked in the head than him. Oh, technically he never said that though, just the last Zeke. Man, mind transfers really get weird when botched. But that honesty of his, was it a fake emotion transferred over too? Or did it come from his heart? Either way, origins don't matter. It's whether your feelings are true or not.

And Zeke's were. Weirdly enough, even through all his battle-hungry sadism.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2020, 03:29:25 AM »
Lola

Lola frowned.  Although for a brief moment, she smiled.  Of course, right after she realized what she was doing she settled on something more neutral.  "No it makes you an opportunistic hustler. Its alright.  You were right about one thing.  We the citizens of this district, the rebel forces, the resistence... we are weak.  If we want to get rid of that woman, we will have to grow stronger."

Lola looked at what could only be called zombies.  "Can you start by ceasing with that?  What we need to empower is the dead, not the corpses of the fallen.  We are going to rebuild our way."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2020, 06:04:59 AM »
Zeke

"Yeah, that does sound like me." Zeke smiled and nodded, but for a second... paused.

And booped the bat girl right on the forehead. Again.

"Weren't you paying attention? These aren't walking corpses, they're living things like you and me. Just because they look different doesn't mean they stop being themselves, their memories and everything that makes them unique is intact. I'm just making the bodies, and making sure they fit the container nicely."

Seriously, didn't that confusion happen on the prior world that thing hopped into? By that thing, he meant the thing he ate up earlier, the one whose memories he was swimming into. It got a bunch of them killed uselessly too, even when they weren't aggressive at all. What a waste of life and resources. A pity.

That's when he raised an eyebrow at her, in a genuinely puzzled fashion. "Why wouldn't I bring them back to life if I had the power? It's not like they're any different than before, other than a cuter appearance. Not doing it makes it feel like I'm responsible for them dying for good, you know? Like I'm some killer. It feels... wasteful." He cocked his head. "Or are you saying... I should kill them again?"

Wow. He thought he was a sick bastard.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2020, 03:33:17 AM »
Lola

The bat girl's sharp eyes closed.  "....No just, don't make any more.... please."

The truth was, she knew he couldn't be a hero for him.  No hero existed for the monsters, the outcasts.  There was no one that would save them from their endless oppression, not without a price.  Everything came with a price.

What... did I do to get him?!

Lola squinted her eyes as she recalled her plan to frame him for the assassination.  Does karma work that quickly?

The batgirl returned her gaze to the abominations.  No I had to have done something worse.

"People... death and life shouldn't be messed with.  Its complicated.  Its... not normal, a defiance of what someone stands for.  Besides, what if they don't want to come back to life?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2020, 03:49:37 AM »
Zeke

The dark star raised a genuine eyebrow in confusion.

"Why would anyone want to die?"

They... Zeke stared at her, utterly dumbfounded. An awkward cough later, they shook their head. "Regardless, it's not important. But I think I get it. You're scared of this power because it's foreign to you, so you see it as something wrong or evil. But so what?"

And for a moment, even that calm smile faded... and crumbled before a stern expression. One that stared at Lola with a deep focus, like a glowing ember about to smolder everything.

"Your kind isn't viewed as normal, monsters defy the convention of regular people. Should you just stop existing then? No, I think that if you have something worth fighting for, you should use everything at your disposal. Even if it means going against convention." He finally grinned wolfishly, but with some genuine good-heartedness here and there.

"And besides, my power doesn't force the soul back into the body. That's why something like this won't work if the corpse is too old, or if the body parts aren't sufficient. I don't condone suicide, but I'm not the kind of guy who'll force an unwilling recruit into the vanguard." Zeke pointed at the beasts below.

"The fact they actually did make it back means that they had some fight left in them. Otherwise, they'd just be empty shells. But even then, they'll fight on for their comrades and carry the hopes they stood for to the next generation. Isn't that... a good thing?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2020, 12:35:14 AM »
Lola

Lola sighed before squinting at the creature before her.  It was hard to describe the strange combination of discust, bewilderment and sadness she felt.  The body this man had.... it was like a young man's, yet he did not even seem to understand this basic principle.  To say even a child would understand this concept was an understatement, a toddler could.  Thats why in this moment, she realized the true depths of how messed up this man was.

"I...  No one wants to die.  But life and death have to be respected equally.  You can't just manipulate someone's soul as you see fit.  Its a violation of every basic human dignity.  Taking a life in turn is a traumatic experience that creates waves of suffering to even those slightly connected to that person."

Lola sighed again.  "But I guess... we monsters are often the products of these kinds of decisions...."

No.  Zeke was far from their savior.  Harley, Zeke; would they ever be free from those who want to use them to fulfil their own ambition?  What is a just ruler?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 09, 2020, 05:06:11 AM »
Zeke

But that's when his gaze turned harsh, serious, and for a second it burned with black shadows. A darkness that refused to falter before something like that. "That's quitter talk. You're not products of anyone's decisions. The lives you lead and the choices you make are your own." He slammed his fist on his chest, causing a booming shockwave to erupt. FIght on, struggle, but don't look down. Never look down. That's why...

"Your crown's falling. Look up" His smile was warm. No, even the darkness turned warm. It was as gentle as the sun. And that's when he approached her and patted her on the shoulder.

"Look, I'm sorry if I was being pushy about it. But I think this is important too. Those stuck on the same boat need to be comfortable speaking to one another, you know?" He smiled and crossed his arms at her.

"And with the life I've led, I think my way is the correct one. But you've got your own thoughts and feelings, all drawn from your knowledge and experience. Even if I don't agree or understand them doesn't mean I can't try to. Besides, my feelings don't mean I should ignore yours and charge blindly. That's what I think it means to be a captain."

That's when he opened the palm of his hand, creating a cute darkness bunny from the void. "I'll comply. I don't need to agree with your wishes to accept them, you're a comrade. But if you're willing to hear me out, there is a compromise I can suggest." Despite the dejected words, his grin was as toothy and wide as it could get.

"A choice. An informed choice without any lies or falsehoods, so that those who truly wish to fight on can do so under my wings. Don't feel pressured to accept. If you say no, that'll be the end of it."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 05:14:24 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2020, 02:17:10 AM »
Lola

The devil isn't just one person, but many people with many personalities.  That is what she would say if she believed in a god.  It was hard to buy into such nonsense.  At the very least, such a being had long been thwarted by creatures such as him.  A choice?  Laughable.  If a person gets a gun put to their head and is told they can either die or serve their assailant, is that choice?  Is anything after that truly a choice?

"A choice," she said, taking the bunny.  "Even if the world gives us bad circumstances, we can make them better if we don't give in. I truly think that.  You have a lot to learn before you can be a captain, but its worth hearing you out."

Lola's ears twitched, her nose crinkled and she frowned, closing her eyes for a moment in contemplation.  "Thats my choice."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »
Zeke

"Oh shaddup, now I'm the one blushing." He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly and looked away. Now that he actually had living flesh, he couldn't even hide the blushing. Oh, right, technically he always had it. Man, this was a real headache.

But he managed to smile. Maybe this was more comfortable to him than he'd admit.

"I can't promise what I can't give, but I'll promise this much. Together, we will not know defeat. Not now, not ever."

It was... an oddly optimistic take. One that many would call insane, idealistic to a fault. But even she could tell, he was as serious as he could get. And when it came to this, he'd do everything to make his words true.

This was their dream.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2020, 02:35:55 AM »
Zeke (much later)

"I see, someone's already making a move on that district. That's kind of rad." A murder of ravens flew over a rooftop, where Zeke stood with a hungry smile. The dark star stood over the district's tallest tower - or rather, sat. He had a full picnic table set up, with scrumptious sandwiches and a cheese board spread out to enjoy.

"Hmm..." He put a thoughtful thumb on his chin. "I guess it's fine to give them first dibs. I'll have more plates to sweep as I pull the table. But this is strange. An attack on Salvation? Why didn't I hear any of this..."

The ravens spoke to him, dark shadows lurking at every corner and peering down from the skies. He should be able to perceive what went down a territory this close to him, but he had no idea what just transpired in Naboundd until far later. And now, he had no idea what happened to the poor children of his that soared over Albion.

Zeke sighed, finally dropping flat on the ceiling, with his back sprawled tiredly. But his smile was as gleeful as a kid's. One who was having way too much time, even with all the setbacks.

"What a headache. There's no way I'll just accept being a pawn of someone's game, even if that was our role. Not that man's, nor anyone else's."

If only he looked the other way in that point at time. But it's difficult, more than you can imagine. For a man fixated in the horizon, staring back at one's own shadow is unthinkable.

"Hmm, wonder what Aruna's up to."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:02:50 AM by Kotomine_Rin »