Author Topic: Swole City  (Read 13535 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Swole City
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 02:30:02 AM »
Roman

Roman rolled his eyes at her ignoring him, instead choosing to look down at his salad.  It didn't look bad persay.  It was an egg salad, all mushy but delectable.  He sunk his fork into the meal, scooped some up and shoveled it into his mouth.  It was not as tasty as the stake, he knew as much just from the way she ate.  Although, he had heard that working out makes food taste better.  Maybe that was the case for her?

Roman's eyes softened as he watched her. Honestly, it was sort of cute, the way she so genuinely munched down on the food.  He couldn't help but wonder if perhaps he could find happiness living that genuinely, having that passion.  Maybe if he completed his dream...

"Please don't tell me you want seconds," he said, his voice more monotone than usual.  "But if you must, share it with me.  You've got an eye for food... probably."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 01:54:05 AM »
Mira

"Hmm?" She looked up from her steak, guileless, and then shrugged and swallowed. "Na, I'm not that mean. Though one of those things we're gonna be working on is diet too."

She wiped her mouth with the napkin there, actual wiping and not that fancy shmancy patting some people did when they had money.

"If you don't eat right you won't gain right and next thing you know you'll pull something and bam!"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 02:11:53 AM »
Roman

Roman stared at her for a moment, before dropping his fork in his salad.  "Wait...." he muttered.  "Does that mean you ordered the stupid expensive steak on purpose so that i'd buy a salad, thus making me eat healthier!?  Was this all part of your evil plan?!"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2019, 03:08:38 AM »
Mira

Shit, that was actually a good idea.

Mira started laughing, covering her mouth with her hand. "Ohohohoho! You have seen past my schemes so easily!" She kept laughing to cover up her own embarrassment at being presumed more cunning than she actually was.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2019, 10:10:10 PM »
Roman

Roman's face became red.  Shoveling the salad into his mouth made him want to cry.  One day.... One day...

After a moment or two of silent eating, Roman looked up at the girl.  "By the way, why do you train?  Why did you get so damn ripped?  I mean, you can be healthy without being that strong.  Are you one of those body builder girls or fitness models?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2019, 11:45:35 PM »
Mira

"I like to fight."

There was no hesitation between the end of Roman's question and the beginning of the answer. It hardly stopped her from steadily devouring her side dishes before the main course, the only pauses being to swallow before speaking.

"Strength without the knowledge and skill to use it is close to useless. Nothing shows both more than fighting."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2019, 03:19:05 AM »
Roman

"Thats it?  All you want to do is fight?" he asked, still admiring her strange gluttonous eating style.  He realized why it looked cute.  Its sort of a weird trait for a girl, the juxtaposition of something manly on a girl.

He looked at his salad, then at the meat...  "Is that really what you work so hard for?  I mean, isn't it hard to train?  To work for such a petty reason is..."

Well maybe he didn't understand.  After all, until now, he hadn't really fought hard for anything.  No, even now he wasn't fighting that hard.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2019, 05:44:03 AM »
Mira

Hearing that, seeing that, it caused the purple-haired martial artist to pause in her meal. Mira looked him right in the eyes, and just kinda... stared.

"It's what you're going to have to do if you wanna get good. If you wanna be the best."

She reached across the table, and grabbed Roman by the shirt before he could react.

"If you don't wanna pay the price for what you want, give up now. Don't waste my time."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2019, 01:27:11 AM »
Roman

Roman's eyes widened as she grabbed his collar.  All the sudden, he realized that his shirt was getting moist.  He was sweating.  "No!  I can do it!  I promise!  I.... I told myself I couldn't go home until I trained today.  I'll keep that promise!"

After all, he did want to be strong.  Still, what did she mean?  Was the price working hard or only enjoying the thrill of a fight?

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2019, 01:39:46 AM »
Mira

She shook him a bit, ignoring the attention their little scuffle was drawing. "And tomorrow. And the next day! Got it?!"

Mira's bright eyes were wide, filled with an almost frightening intensity as she seemingly attempted to drill motivation into Roman's head.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2019, 03:18:50 AM »
Roman

Roman stared at Mira.  His pupils shook with fear, fear of what would happen if he disappointed her.  Despite him believing she could back up any threat she dished out, it wasn't physical harm he was afraid of.  No, he was afraid of himself.  What if he quit?  If he lost such a good opportunity, he might as well give up on all of his dreams.  He might as well let himself fade away.

"I'll do it!" he said, his voice shaky.  "I'll do it!"

"Your check?" The waiter was standing beside them the entire time.  Who knows how long he was waiting.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
Mira

And just like that, Mira let him go and sat back down. She smiled at the waiter. "Yeah, he's got this. Thanks."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2019, 02:46:19 AM »
Roman

It was at this point that he had established a habit in his brain.  Everytime she mentioned the money he imagined digging his foot into those stupid abs of hers, victorious over her smug face.  After she gave him that harsh treatment, it only felt more intense.  Well, maybe that was the fear that she had thrust so violently into his heart.  Instead of his usual groan, he smiled at the waiter and said,

"Yeah its worth every penny."

"Well I am pleased you enjoyed your stay," the waiter responded.  "Give me a moment."

"Sure."

The door slammed behind them, generating a small thud.  "Honestly, that wasn't as bad as I thought," Roman said, putting his arms behind his head.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2019, 02:41:18 AM »
Mira

7:10 PM Nexus Time

Mira patted her partially exposed belly through the tear in her shirt left from the fight hours back. "Good, because we haven't even gotten started. You're gonna follow me to this gym I used when I was getting started."

It had been a long time ago, and she wasn't really welcome to use any of the stuff there herself, but Mira didn't bother telling him that. Instead she grinned, and motioned for him to follow.

She started along the way without waiting to see if he listened.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2019, 02:28:54 AM »
Roman

All Roman could think as he stared at Mira's belly was, man I wish I had abs like that....

But what he ended up saying was, "Sure, i'll do whatever you want."  He thought he was nailing it pretty well, placing his hands behind his head, folded behind him like one of those cool jrpg protagonists.