Cross Effects > Cross Effects 1.0 Archive

Cross Effects- The RP

<< < (15/377) > >>

lantzblades:
Taiga paused for a moment considering her options, on the one hand it would be nice to have a person to talk to but at the same time rider is immune to her mystic eyes due to her own cancellation glasses and blind fold so if this were a trap she would be largely defenseless. Despite that Taiga nodded and came inside.

Cherry Lover:
Kiyoshi awaited her reply with trepidation, every millisecond seemingly like an eternity. She seemed to be giving it a lot more consideration than he felt was necessary, and he was seriously worried that she might reject his offer, and attempt to navigate the city alone.

So, it was to his great relief that, after what was in reality only a few seconds but had seemed like hours, the girl nodded and came into the room.

Thank God. She'll be safe here, he thought, the sense of relief and happiness he felt evident on his face, not that the girl would be able to see it or not.

Moving out of the way so the girl could wheel herself into the room, he sat down on the bed he'd been sleeping in, Kuro still mounted on his shoulder. Then, he turned to the girl and spoke.

"Well, now you're inside, why don't we introduce ourselves properly?

I'm Emiya Kiyoshi. I live in Fuyuki City, Japan, with my mother, father and Aunty Rider. I'm not sure exactly how me and Aunty Rider ended up here, but it was probably something to do with the experiment my Aunty Rin was doing. She's learing to use the Second Ma.. a very powerful magic which allows travel to parallel worlds", he said with a smile, correcting himself after remembering that the girl didn't know anything about magecraft.

"So, what about you? How did you end up here?" Kiyoshi said with a genuine sense of curiosity, smiling brightly at his new friend as he did so.

OPOI:
"Are we finally done?" Isabella asked calmly. "Because in case you didn't notice, Hakuno-san is safe." She addressed at Rider a glance. "Sure we could spend time pointing fingers about what COULD HAVE HAPPENED." Her voice erupted violently in the alley. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM GUYS??? LOOK AT THE VICTIM. She yelled. YEAH, SHE'S SHAKEN BUT STOP TREATING HER LIKE A CHILD, DAMMIT. SHE'S FINE NOW. SO WE CAN EITHER DECIDE WHO'S THE ONE WHO SCREWED THE MOST OR DECIDE TO MOVE ON WITH THIS TOPIC AND TRY TO FIND A SOLUTION IN ORDER TO AVOID SUCH A RESULT TO HAPPEN AGAIN WHICH IS TO PROVIDE A WAY TO SUPPLY RIDER WITH PRANA."

Shirou blinked in surprise, stepping back from Rider. He had lost it again. He had lost sight of the overall picture and had attempted to antagonize Rider, even though he knew the situation would only worsen if the Servant was provoked into a fight. However, some part of him itched for the fight, to put an end to her lying words; the implication that Sakura still lived.

It was time to remove himself from this situation before he made things a lot worse.

Suddenly, Archer spoke up, his voice coarse with barely contained rage.

"My apologies, to both of you. But..." He looked at Shirou, anger blazing up once more. "He and I need to have a few words."

Archer stepped closer to Shirou.

"So then... You thought you'd stop the big bad monsters from feeding on an innocent girl. By doing what, killing her?" A sardonic smile crossed the Servant's lips, not unlike the one Shirou sported from time to time whenever he explained his actions to his 'allies', "Oh, it'd certainly do the trick. Can't feed on her when she's dead, now can they? Makes it easy. You don't have to worry about protecting a corpse. Just kill the monsters, pat yourself on the back and tell yourself it was what you had to do, move on with your life. Done. Certainly nothing can go wrong with that. An angry vampire and Servant, surely you can just lead them back out of the way of any innocent civilians with no problems whatsoever."

More anger creeped into Archer's voice. "But here's the thing. It doesn't work that way. Do you know what the results really would have been had you not missed? What you would have had was a dead girl who got to pay the price for your own goddamn stupidity, with possibly more casualties on top of her! Plus if you're so naive as to think there was a guaranteed chance that you could have survived on your own against those two, guess again! You claim to have thought everything through about your actions, but in reality you didn't consider a damn thing!"

Archer's eyes lowered for a moment, his voice now tinged with bitterness. "I won't say I didn't take lives. My hands are stained with blood, and I regret every death. But what they say is true... you can't save everyone. I tried, oh did I ever try. But I failed. In the end, I had to focus on saving everyone I could, even if it meant someone else had to pay the price." He looked back up, his gaze boring into the grey eyes of the young man before him. "But I always made damn sure that my options were truly that limited. The less unnecessary deaths, the better."

Archer's hands formed themselves into fists. "But you... you think it through carefully, and what's your first solution? Put a bullet through the hostage's brain, that'll solve everything! No, no, even though they wasn't even a god damn fight yet, clearly the situation was so far gone that the innocent victim had to die to resolve it!"

The Servant's voice became dangerous. "You... you claim to act in the name of Justice, in the name of protecting others, and while I lost the faith in my ideals that I once had, even I can see that you are no more than a broken, twisted, pathetic excuse for a human being that claims to be doing the world a favor via your actions." The familiar twin blades materialized in Archer's hands, his voice calm, but even darker than before. "Furthermore... your other sins aside, you attempted to take the life of the girl I've sworn to protect. And then you just write it all off as a 'misunderstanding.' Therefore..."

Shirou tensed, mimicking Archer's own move, hands slightly open, the images of Kanshou and Bakuya at the forefront of his eyes. His mouth parted, ready to utter his aria, his eyes turning to steel as he prepared for the no doubt intense fight ahead. In the back of his mind, he picked through countless plans to evacuate the nearby citizens, but was unable to come up with one which resulted in zero casualties. Luckily, Tohsaka and Hakuno ran forward and clung to Archer's arms, whispering something to the enraged Servant which caused him to calm down, the Servant's arm and shoulder muscles visibly relaxing through the tight red cloth.

The Servant snorted,"Heh, and here I go priding myself on self control. I don't really regret anything I've said, but the fact that I nearly restarted this whole mess is quite embarrassing. I don't regret my actions enough to feel that I need to apologize, though I have the feeling my master will have me make it up to you ladies in some way, shape or form later, so I wouldn't take it too much to heart."

But Archer turned back to Shirou one last time, his steely eyes meeting Shirou's own. "You're lucky this time. Good for you. You're free now to do whatever it is you do. Endanger enough people, and maybe I'll stop you, but otherwise, I'm done with you for now. However...." Once more his eyes narrowed. In spite of the biker jacket and collar, Archer did his best to try to appear as intimidating as possible. "If your plans for 'saving people' involve my Master enduring some form of bodily harm again, I'm going to do the public a service by separating your head from your torso. Is that clear?"

"If your plans for saving your master involves other people enduring bodily harm, I'll return the favour," Shirou declared back, somewhat disgusted by the Servant's hypocritical attitude, even if a small part of him was glad that someone had managed to earn his future self's loyalty. If nothing else, it gave him hope.

As Shirou was about to leave, he heard Rider address him:

"Honestly, Shirou, I do wonder what happened to make you like this. The Shirou I know would never take the easy option in that way. He has always searched for the alternative. When my master was ill and a potential danger to the whole world, he never gave up on her. Even her own sister wanted to kill her, but he never gave up. He kept fighting and fighting and, in the end, he found a way. He found a way to save her. True, it almost cost him his own life in the process, but he saved her, and eventually managed to return to her side," Rider said, obviously trying to hit his berserk button once more. However, this time, Shirou isolated his feelings as he always did during a hazardous situation; emotions would only serve to hinder his cause, his efficiency and thus ability to save people. He would not go insane again. It was absolutely imperative he did not worsen the situation. Shirou let his gaze for a brief second wander over her, then promptly turned away to scan the faces of the other participants.

However, before he could move, Isabella also began to take her leave, addressing each of the participants like they were an old friend; showcasing her complete naivety and innocence, traits which wouldn't stay for long. He shook his head at the display, but the corners of his lips twitched upwards slightly; a slight sardonic grin not unlike Archer's.

He arched his eyebrows upwards as the girl suddenly approached him, her eyes suddenly determined and confident as she held his gaze, a far cry from her earlier shying away. As such, he was completely unsurprised when she slapped him across the cheeks, and began scolding him. It didn't hurt even slightly, but he whipped his head backwards all the same, as if the slap had much more force, like one of Tohsaka's punches. Now those punches had hurt like hell, but then again, Tohsaka had been trying to kill him...

"Tohsaka! Rin! Stop it!" Shirou yelled desperately as he ducked under another of Rin's wild swipes, a far cry from her earlier use of martial arts. He leapt backwards, trying his best to put some distance between himself and his former ally, so as to create an opportunity to negotiate, to force her to come to reason. However, the school idol continued charging towards him like an enraged bull, all her combat training abandoned as she gave in to anger.

"SHUT UP!!" she screeched, her eyes wild and bloodshot, her loose hair flying in all directions, "I won't let you stop me from using the Grail!"
With another roar, she leaped into the air and tackled him to the ground, the both of them going down in a tangle of scratching arms, with the Red Devil somehow ending on top, raining clenched fists down onto his arms, which he had wrapped around his head.

"We can't let the Grail be used! It'll destroy everything!" he screamed. He locked his legs around her, grabbed her arms, and threw himself to the right with all his might, causing them to roll. This time, Shirou ended up on top, and used his superior mass to push down on her, reinforcing his limbs in the process. Rin screamed and tossed, but was ultimately unable to throw the young man off. "Rin, the Grail is clearly defective. We have to destroy it!" he hissed, unable to catch his breath. The burning pain in his chest revealed the reason: Rin had broken his ribs.

"I CAN'T LET HER DEATH BE FOR NOTHING!!" she roared. Shirou felt a burst of prana from the magus, and was hurled clean off her. Rolling to negate the force, Shirou quickly got to his feet, ignoring the leaden feeling in his arms as he pushed himself up off the jagged ground. Rin was beyond saving. There was only one thing he could do.

Shirou reached into his coat and retrieved a short combat knife, the serrated blade gleaming ominously despite the dim light. He ignored the droplets of water dripping onto his boots, refused to acknowledge the slight blurring in his vision as he prepared to face her, one last time.

The Magus Killer was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt warmth in his right hand. Isabella was holding onto it gently, smiling gently.
"That's what humans feel, emotions aren't something thrown away so easily. You may have lost a lot to become like you are now. It may hurt a lot but you shouldn't throw away what makes you one of us." She raised his hand in order for him to touch her face. It was as warm and soft as it looked, completely smooth as she moved his hand across her cheek.

"See, that's what human warmth feels like. Do you remember? What you lost as a human being can be regained. You're not a machine. You may not redeem yourself but you can start by forgiving yourself. " Then, the girl did something even more unexpected. Shirou stiffened as her arms enclosed around him.

She was hugging him. Shirou's mouth opened and closed in a great imitation of a fish out of water, unable to respond in his surprise. Didn't she know who he was? Hadn't personally witnessed what he had done, read about all the people he had sacrificed for the greater good? How could she even bear to touch something like him?

"Each person is precious, there may have difficult choices to make but, you should think with your heart before logic." Isabella teared up for him. "The people you lost would want you to be happy as well, don't you think?" She stepped back from the magus and grinned. "You should just apologize to Hakuno-san."

His tongue felt like it had swollen in his mouth, blocking his mouth completely. Nevertheless, he soldiered on, and was eventually able to force a few choked sentences out.

"That naivety will put you in danger someday. But...when it does, I'll try to be there to help. People like you...are what I fight for."

He lowered his eyes to the side and muttered softly to himself, "But you're wrong on that last point. Someone like me, who survived where others had not, who had sacrificed the lives of innocents, doesn't deserve happiness."

Shirou walked slowly over to Archer and his master, keeping a wary eye on the Servant.
"Isabella is right though," he addressed the brown haired Master, keeping his face even despite the panicked look in Hakuno's eyes, "I do owe you an apology. I'm...sorry for trying to kill you."

The words felt foreign on his lips. He was not accustomed to vocally apologising to his victims: they were usually in a coma or dead. Muttered apologies in his head were usually his only method of penance.

"I misjudged the situation badly, and you came to further harm because of it. It probably doesn't matter much to you, but I'm...sorry."

Shirou turned away and began slowly walking out of the alleyway. There was no need to say farewells, he was certain no one was unhappy to see his back.

Elf:
Lancer blinked at Ruu's response to Forest.  The blond stilled at that, indigo eyes meeting Lancer's.  The Celt rubbed the back of his neck, not sure of what to do.  Sure she was a vampire, but she was also Forest.  The sort of naive nice sort that offered a rogue like him a roof over his head and someone to pledge his spear to if she went to war.  And considering her luck with such things, she might need it.

He patted the boy's head, a little harder than he should have, but he'd never been good with kids.  Not even his own.  In fact, he was the worse with those.  He shook the regret away and tilted the head at the boy.  "Come on, Forest isn't going to bite you or anything."

Forest sighed and said, "I can tell you what to do, Lancer.  I understand."  She wiggled her fingers at Ruu, grinned and said, "I wouldn't want my cold hands on a broken arm either."

"I can set a broken arm," Lancer said, "I just won't be none too gentle about it."  He looked back at Ruu and said, "Sure you want me to do it?  It'll hurt like a bitch."

Forest felt a pang at the not-human boy shying away from her and forced a smile on her face.  She took a step back, knowing that Lancer, while not gentle, would be able to get the job done.

She was about to slide her hands into her pocket when a warm, soft hand placed something into her palm.

Isa said, "Thanks for the invitation Forest, but I left my sister behind and she needs someone to keep her in check before a disaster happens." "Here's my number. Feel free to share it and don't hesitate to call me if something happens."  Forest took the piece of paper from the girl and looked at it.

"I'm a magus so I'll help you as much as I can." With that said, she took the pendant she had hanging above her top and presented it to the Vampire. "Here. It's a Snowdrop, a friend of mine once told me its symbolism was hope and consolation. It helped me when I felt down. Some people are tough, but we all have time when we need a little help. I wish you to have this for now."

The metal made her palm tingle and gleamed in the wane light.  The delicate flower had to be fashioned out of silver.  It was lovely and from what she was reading from the girl, something very important.

Gifts were something Forest didn't receive often, and getting one was a rare experience for her.  She bit her lip and handed the pendent back to her.  "I can't take this, it's too important to you.  Thank you though.  I've been fine this long, I'll continue to muddle through."

She pointed to the crow on her choker and said, "Besides, I have my own guardian on my side."

Lancer made some sort of half afraid snorfling noise at that.

She looked over at the drama unfolding between alternate selves and sighed.  It was like some James Cameron Fanboy's Wet Dream.

"I misjudged the situation badly, and you came to further harm because of it. It probably doesn't matter much to you, but I'm...sorry."  Then Shirou turned to leave.

Forest sighed, then smirked to herself, and moved to grab the young man's shoulder.  "Okay, you made a rookie mistake.  Life's rough, Lad, but going like you are, you're going to end up burnt out, alone, and then in an oblong box.  Then who are you going to help dead?  Come with us, rest your head.  I have more than enough room."

lantzblades:
It bubbled, the hatred of man, the darkness in the heart of the world this time slowly but surely taking shape. Dark skin covered in tattoos and barely adequate red cloth covering the now well endowed female's naughty parts while leaving the rest exposed. The world's evil smiled looking at her long black hair with reddish grey eyes "I shall avenge them all" she chuckled deciding to take the servant name after a moment. She was brought back by violence and could feel servants in this city but for the time being she would wait and watch the people

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version