Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182246 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1425 on: January 30, 2014, 02:14:56 AM »
Quote from: Lancer
He looked at the stick and said, "Can you reinforce her to keep up?"

Without waiting for an answer, the Hound of Ulster took off to where the sounds of battle were ringing out.

"What do you take me for, some cheap knockoff? Of course I can~"

Mille glared at the rod before silently taking off after Lancer, her flight keeping her within short distance of him.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 30, 2014, 02:53:30 AM »
Satoshi twitched, not from Forest's somewhat silly affirmation but rather from the smell swamping his senses. "I get Forest's attitude, I really do but this is a tactical mess" he grumbled like the old man he truly was.

Rin handed Satoshi a vial from the chest and he drank it instantly without question "Kiyoshi, I'm counting on you to keep Tsukasa and Rin in this room, lock the door" he remarked as the curse bled from his features returning his emerald eyes and natural complexion.

"Rider not that I enjoy giving orders but I'm going to be busy playing medic so I need you to back up Forest" he said as his armour came to appear on him.

Silver and blue like his mother's own with a shroud and mantle resembling Archer's own save that it was blue with gold accents with the emblem of Pendragon emblazoned on it.

"Time for a bit of intimidation, admittedly I will look like an ass but either the bad guy runs off or attacks me directly" Satoshi remarked giving a smile to Rider.

"Either way everyone is safe" he said giving another old man sigh.

he began writing in midair blue and gold symbols then stopped "Those who come for battle, those of ill will. Here shall be your legend or your shame. You have come to face others but you shall now face me. I am the dragon who shall burn through time. Run now, for it it your last chance" his words were projected throughout the compound and spoken even and firm with no hint of anger or bravado as he began to march towards the battle

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:45 AM »
Lucas

Shrieking wildly, I hit the barrier that suddenly appears in front of me as my enemy leaps back, breaking two of it's petals. More and more vines grow through the building, crashing through the walls and floor as I rear back my fist for another strike. A bright light suddenly blinds me as my enemy throws some kind of explosive; my vision recovers and I move to attack again until-

Quote from: Shirou
"I am the bone of my sword," he gritted out, a stream of blood trickling out of his mouth. A wall of swords appeared behind him, many of them possessing fire abilities. He quickly loaded incendiary bullets he kept handy on his person, Precautions against magi or Dead Apostles who made use of plants to fight.

"Full Trace, Continuous Fire!" he yelled, the swords flying forward like missiles at his foe. He opened fire at the same time with his weapons, hoping to at least incapacitate his foe until more capable allies arrived.

Multiple swords pierce through my body in an instant, burning and searing my flesh. I scream until a sword goes straight through my head, taking off the top only for it to regenerate. Shrieking again, I run into the hail of burning bullets and swords; even as my body is cut and burned, it grows back, healing from even fatal wounds. I barely even notice the flash of light at the edge of my vision, so focused am I on killing the white-haired man before me.

In that moment, what seem like iron bands form around my body, and I am incapable of moving. My opponent takes full advantage of this moment to keep firing with his guns - the bullets tear through my immobile, immortal body. In between my eyes being put out by the rain of steel fired at me, I catch glimpses of something that looks like a large, purplish cat. That must be - more bullets slam into and through my head, burning as they go and stopping my thoughts. I don't have time for this!

Straining my hardest against my bonds even as my body is destroyed and regenerates, I roar louder than the gunfire, louder than the alarms, loud enough that my mouth rips open as I bloody my throat, my scream reverberating through the area.

"▂▂▃▃▂▂▃▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!!"

There is no 'Lucas' now, only a mad dog whipped into a murderous frenzy. The vines that had grown into the house now grow even faster, smashing into the compound as nature overruns the area I reside in. Any plants inside grow to far beyond their natural size, trees seeming to spontaneously grow from the floor. I strain against my bonds and move - not at full strength, but it's enough. I begin to run towards my new opponent, stumbling as I strain against the invisible bindings that hold me in place.

I can hear nothing else other then the overwhelming desire to kill my enemies that echoes inside of my mind. No mission, not difference between humans and monsters; my only thought now is destruction. Stumbling into a slowed run, still moving against my bindings, I make my way towards the cat-shaped monster, ready to kill him.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:59:45 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 30, 2014, 05:36:06 AM »
"The only Master I am of is of myself."

So, it happened that this attractive figure was not her Master. She couldn't detect prana from the man but, there was still this mystical aura about him which made for an unexpected yet conflicting concept. Not a mage then, something else. A spiritual entity maybe. Possibilities were endless.

"You sure?  I mean, you look like you could be into some kinky stuff."

Her eyes shifted to the vampire. He didn't seem to show much interest in her. Little chance he would be the one summoning her either. She didn't appreciate how little attention he paid to her. Couldn't he detect the elegance and might surging from her like a blazing sun? Was he such an ignorant fool to not recognize such a glorious heroic spirit?

"She's a familiar of some sort.  A very powerful one, aren't you love?"

Love?

A frown appeared on her hidden face. She would have been impressed for him to find out that easily if she didn't like that particular term. Mordred was not of one these brainless princesses raised only to end up as political hostages. Perhaps did he think that finding out her gender would allow him to become condescending? She would have to correct this misconception of his. But, until further affronts were aimed at her person, she would forgive the man who praised her. The Knight of Treachery decided to answer the inquiry.

"You don't look as clueless as your companion," she replied with arrogance. "You guessed right. I am Servant Saber, so, you're allowed to call me that. I came forth in order to answer the Master's summons and participate in the Holy Grail War."

She took a second to examine her surroundings. "Something is wrong, I should be able to sense my Master. Even if they happened to be failures of the utmost despicable kind, they should at least had obtained the Command Spells."

Mordred walked to the vampire and examined forcefully his hands and forearms without asking permission. No Command Spells. "You do not fit either," she said in a mutter.

The knowledge granted as a Servant covered a large range of possibilities but nothing matched. She could only suspect an interference in the summoning process. In particular, this circle, which, oddly, didn't fade after her appearance, looked very suspicious at the moment. For now, she needed two things, informations and someone to act as an anchor. The first couldn't wait, the latter could, for a bit. She would not, however, stoop so low as to feed on souls. Such an unbefitting act was not for the likes of her.

Oblivious to the fact that her silver gauntlets still held Angel's wrists captive, she spoke to him. "For now, I shall decide to make do with your companionship." Her voice was imperious, almost ordering the two to give an appropriate response. "Introduce yourself and enlighten me on this place. What exact purpose does serve this magical circle?"

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:06:49 AM by Daiki »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 30, 2014, 05:56:17 AM »
Quote from: Dark Archer
Archer raised his eyebrows at the feline-Tom's confession.  He looked at Rin and said, "Come on, let's get Apostle-chan."
Rin nodded at him before rushing upstairs. They needed to find Forest fast- she had no idea how strong Tom was, and from what she could tell, the intruder was quite strong...

What... what is this creature?

Tom's eyes widened. Even as severely injured as he was, even as the inhuman howl ripped from the man's lips, he still had the strength to attempt resisting the telekinetic bonds that bound him. Never had Tom encountered anyone of this strength before, even here in the Nexus. It almost caught him off guard enough to make him lose his grip, but he reinforced it even tighter, ensuring that his now berserk adversary was held in place.

No. He couldn't let the intruder live now. He was far too dangerous at this point. He knew Forest would need answers, to see the circumstances behind the man's "visit," but their immediate survival took precedence. Sadly, just ripping the answers from his head was a futile effort. Even before he had gone mad, the strange being's mind had been too alien for him to properly explore, at least within these circumstances.

But Tom could not kill his opponent by himself, not now. Now it took far more of Tom's energy than anticipated just to hold the monstrous man in place, and even just trying to snap his neck could mean the hold would break.

The young man that looked like Archer- yes, he had managed to injure him. The psychic's gaze shifted to the exhausted youth.

It is up to you now. If you have the strength to finish him, do so. He appears to be weak to the iron in your swords and bullets, so use that to your advantage.

He sighed. Also, if you could do so without hitting me, I would appreciate it. I cannot produce a barrier and use telekinesis at the same time, and if I somehow manage to die or sufficiently lose my concentration, our assailant goes free. Attack wisely.

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 30, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »
So he had been correct. His enemy did have a healing factor.

Shirou's circuits burned, a familiar white-hot pain filling his entire body as he pushed it to its limit in order to sustain the continuous fire. He quickly dropped the revolver when it ran out of ammo, retrieving his Glock from his coat in order to continue firing, the air in front of him literally resembling a wall of iron. Yet if he didn't resort to these drastic measures, he would undoubtedly be killed, as the man, howling like a wild animal continued to press through.

Shirou watched in amazement as a sword ripped through the man's head, only for it to literally regrow the next second, his body continuing forward despite momentarily lacking a brain or nervous system. Even some of the higher Dead Apostles weren't that strong!

Suddenly, the creature (he could define it as nothing else) was forced to a halt. Taking a quick look around, Shirou noticed a strange feline creature staring angrily down at the immortal man. Shirou sent the next wave of steel onward, warily regarding the feline. Was it a threat?

The creature screamed once more, before abruptly changing targets, launching itself into the air towards the new aggressor. However he was stopped in mid-charge by some telekinetic force, most likely from the cat. As it hung in the air, Shirou noticed that its wounds seemed to heal at a slower rate: a wound which had been knitting itself together suddenly slowed down, moving at a quarter of its former speed.

A man's voice sounded in his head, similar to Forest. It is up to you now. If you have the strength to finish him, do so. He appears to be weak to the iron in your swords and bullets, so use that to your advantage. He sighed. Also, if you could do so without hitting me, I would appreciate it. I cannot produce a barrier and use telekinesis at the same time, and if I somehow manage to die or sufficiently lose my concentration, our assailant goes free. Attack wisely.

Iron? No, he had clearly been healing unrestrained under that barrage of steel earlier. It was something else.

Even so...it couldn't hurt.

He turned over the blueprints of his favourite swords in his mind, before calling into them into existence with his special form of magecraft. Nine swords, each devastatingly powerful, and each long since faded from human memory, hung in the air. They formed a circle, rotating slowly, as he worked out the best angle to maximise damage to the assailant whilst minimising damage to the cat.

He thrust his hand towards the floating target. The swords' arrangement changed, each now targetting a different vital point on its body.

"Nine Lives Bladeworks Revised!!" he yelled, the blades shooting towards their targets, gleaming silver missiles which cut through the air at supersonic speed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:18:12 PM by OPOI »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »
Lucas

An even stronger force holds me in place now, as I hang in the air. Even this is not enough to hold me back - slowly, very, very slowly, I am moving in the middle of the air. For me time is slowing down to a crawl as my hands inch forward. I am completely focused on the cat-like being before me, and so I don't notice when my first opponent calls nine swords forth, each imbued with power that humanity has long forgotten.

Even as I howl, vines crashing sideways through the walls and up through the floor at the being in front of me, the white-haired man behind me begins his attack.

Quote from: Shirou
He thrust his hand towards the floating target. The swords' arrangement changed, each now targetting a different vital point on its body.

"Nine Lives Bladeworks Revised!!" he yelled, the blades shooting towards their targets, gleaming silver missiles which cut through the air at supersonic speed.

An attack I didn't see coming hits nine of my vital points at once, swords slamming into my body at speeds faster than sound. Two of them go straight through me towards the feline creature, but the res bury themselves up to the hilt. Death is almost instantaneous - in the air, I can die. I know this. But if even the smallest drop of my blood touches the earth, death is meaningless.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:10:17 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 30, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »
Once more, Tom's eyes widened. The creature's body was dropped as Tom created a barrier, the blades and vines alike bouncing off of it.

That was too close...

But Tom was still wary. While the monstrous man appeared to be dead, he had massive regenerative abilities when touching the ground. ...Could it be possible?

The psychic hissed as he dispersed the barrier and snapped the vines, before picking up the attacker's corpse from the ground telekinetically.

The fairy creature's corpse had touched the ground, albeit only for only a minute at most. Even with the body now suspended in the air once more, would that be enough to ensure his death?

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 30, 2014, 06:18:05 PM »
Lucas

My body is dropped to the Earth as the feline creature in front of me defends himself. I touch the Earth for one moment, and that one moment is enough. My eyes flick open, the nine fatal wounds on my body regenerating almost instantaneously.

Sanity is beginning to be restored to me, which is bad. I'm starting to weaken - this is my only chance until I'll be too weak to resist the creature's binding ability.

I'm picked up into the air before I can move again, but I strain my bonds as I am lifted into my air, my howls weakening as my power begins to drain away. I can barely move, my hands and feet slowly twisting through the air as I keep straining. In a couple moments, with this creature's true power bearing down on me, I won't be able to move at all.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:58:12 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 31, 2014, 03:11:42 AM »
Shezar the Assassin's Blade
The Rooftops

The blade's struck clean through the first's body leaving nothing but an empty useless husk.

The second Shezar reacted much quicker than the first, he immediately changed course using his momentum to jump high into the air. From his belt he grabbed a hand grenade and quickly thew it directly at his foe.

The third Shezar was as quick as the second, taking a dive to the ground he grabbed from his belt a pair of SMG's quickly firing them straight above at his foe.

Undead Behemoth?
Main Circle

The defaming Behemoth was quickly losing the strength to fight it's as if it's Master had finally given up on any hopes of it winning. However just as soon as that happened did a female voice emerge from the beast's core.

"!להפיח חיים"

From the magical energy that was constantly flooding into the nearby Circle a small stream of it began to trickle right back into the beast. Reinvigorated anew the beast was quickly regaining shape and size it was only a matter of time before it fully restored itself.

But this new foe was not done yet, hidden amongst the building she controlled the Behemoth from a distance so long as she could maintain her connection and feed it with energy than she could continue the fight.

"זריקת עצם"

The skin of the reforming beast began to bubble and pop emerging from it countless bones shot forth and straight towards her foe she intended to prevent any interruptions!

Imnity
Meteor Ruins

*Schwing!*

After making sure that the life of her victim was gone she began to turn and leave when she spotted one that seemed unharmed from her attack.

'The leader perhaps?'

"Unfortunately for you my Master has ordered me to eliminate all possible threats, however you should relax, I'll make your death quick and painless.  ברק אבוקה!"

A wave of her hand and a few more pages of her book burned into the air. Up high in the air the clouds quickly began to darken and waver charged with magical energy they let out a roar before releasing a might bolt of electricity straight at her target.

Downy Reed
The Inbetween

He was only seconds away from responding when a new threat appeared causing him to immediately cancel and observe this new development.

'Another one of his tricks? No this one seems different the energy inside them flows differently from Gabriel's. Then perhaps the other?'

Curious but making sure to carefully hide his location, Downy observed their conversation listening in as they talked.

"Introduce yourself and enlighten me on this place. What exact purpose exactly does serve this magical circle?"

It was at this point that Downy decided that it was the perfect time to take action.

"That my dear, was my doing." Walking in from the shadows nearby it only took a moment to make sure his troops would not interfere.

"My name is Downy Reed and I am the creator and summoner of this magical circle." Making a polite bow to this stranger he made a gesture of peace before continuing, being careful not to let the other two out of his sight he quickly continued.

"The circle itself was created to gather magical energy then use it to summon beings outside this world. Meaning if you were perhaps summoned by it then you've come to aid me?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:12:25 AM by Milbunk »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 31, 2014, 03:24:23 AM »
Rider couldn't help but notice the urgency in Forest's second response. It was obvious that something she'd smelt had made her very worried.

What's going on? she thought.

Rider prepared to follow her out of the door as Satoshi had suggested, but before she could he spoke once more.

"I get Forest's attitude, I really do but this is a tactical mess", he grumbled, before taking a vial from Rin and drinking it.

Rider looked on in astonishment as his face and eye colour visably changed back to what they had been before Angra had corrupted him. Apparently, whatever he'd drunk had somehow broken the curse. Somehow.

What the hell is that stuff? And, where did it come from? I don't recall Rin being able to make anything like that....

And, if she had something to do that, why didn't she give it to Toshi as soon as they entered the room?

Unfortunately, though, now was not the right time to ask such questions. There were more important things to deal with, like whatever the hell was going on outside. Of course, Rider knew she needed to make sure Kiyoshi was safe first.

As Satoshi returned to normal, he turned and addressed Kiyoshi.

"Kiyoshi, I'm counting on you to keep Tsukasa and Rin in this room, lock the door", he said.

Whilst she knew he was almost certainly humouring Kiyoshi, and keeping them in the room where they would be safer from whatever was out there was not a bad plan, his statement still seemed rather odd.

Rider couldn't help but find Satoshi's statement a little odd. For one thing, even Kiyoshi was capable of breaking through a locked door with little difficulty, so any enemy that was any real danger to them would almost certainly be able to do the same. Secondly, whilst it did perhaps make sense for Tsukasa and Rin to remain in the room, surely it was a little rude to ask Kiyoshi to basically keep them prisoner, even if he was clearly only humouring him.

Kiyoshi, though, couldn't care less. He was just overjoyed to have the chance to protect his sister and Aunt. In his world, his Aunt was always protecting him.

"Of course, I'll keep them safe from anything that comes near", he said, smiling, still eating the bento.

Well, I suppose that if it gets Kiyoshi to stay here then what Toshi is saying isn't so bad, really. Plus, Rin and Tsukasa don't seem to mind, so they must have caught on to what he's doing. Not that it's exactly subtle..., Rider thought.

Then, Satoshi turned to address her.

"Rider not that I enjoy giving orders but I'm going to be busy playing medic so I need you to back up Forest", he said.

"Really? Because you certainly seemed to enjoy giving me orders back in the castle", Rider said with a smirk.

Speaking of which, I really hope that potion didn't harm Angra. I'm really looking forward to acting on that deal we made....

For a moment, she considered what to do. Ultimately, though, there was no reason for her not to do as Toshi had requested, at least for the moment. She had no particular preference for who she would assist (although she would, of course, need to ensure that the other Rin was safe and well, for the sake of her alternate master), and Toshi obviously had some sort of plan that she saw no reason to disrupt. Plus, whilst Sakura was always her priority, Rider did like Forest, so she would prefer her to remain alive if possible.

"Sure, I'll back up Forest", she said, turning to follow the vampire out of the door.

Toshi spoke up once more.

"Time for a bit of intimidation, admittedly I will look like an ass but either the bad guy runs off or attacks me directly", he said with a smile, now wearing a suit of armour much like that his mother wore and a blue shroud emblazoned with the red dragon that symbolised the Pendragon family.

Well, he certainly does look rather intimidating....

Rider left the room and followed after Forest. But, even so, she heard Satoshi's words, which seemed to be projected throughout the entire house.

"Those who come for battle, those of ill will. Here shall be your legend or your shame. You have come to face others but you shall now face me. I am the dragon who shall burn through time. Run now, for it it your last chance", he said.

Rider couldn't help but think that Satoshi had forgotten to consider the third option, that the bad guy would just ignore him entirely. Admittedly, if they did so she knew Satoshi was entirely capable of just jumping in and dealing with them anyway, but he did still seem rather too willing to act honourably and assume everyone else would do the same. As far as she was concerned, a battle for your life was no place for rules or honour. All that mattered was survival.

Still, I guess it's worth a try. Perhaps the guy will take the bait....

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 31, 2014, 03:48:44 AM »
Medea
? ? ? ? ? ?

But first to get a bearing on her location. A quick look around and a check of herself revealed just about nothing except the fact that for some odd reason despite having no current anchor she hadn't yet disappeared. As for what she could see it looked like just the ruins of an old abandoned building.

'This place is unsuitable for a base, I must relocated.'

She needed a place where she could safely gather information, it would be a risk but at this point she shouldn't even be alive.

With a wave of her cloak she gathered the shadows from around her safely concealing her identity, making sure to check for anyone nearby she lept out of the window and into the cold air her cloak safely taking her above the city to scout out locations more suitable to her desires.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 31, 2014, 04:04:01 AM »
"Hey, don't you know it's dangerous for a woman to be wandering around town at night, and alone at that?"

As she flew out of the window, a voice addressed the woman clad in a cloak of darkness. The window had led to a balcony, and on the balcony a man sat, reclining and looking for all the world like someone enjoying a tan. Well, a tan in the middle of the night, while fully clothed in a rather garish red and black suit, sporting sunglasses of all things.

It was strange, of course. A Servant could sense the presence of human beings, and a magus from the Age of Gods had similar powers as well. But that sense was limited to living things. One could no more be aware of a chair's presence than that of an old corpse's.

The dead man spoke again, a smile gracing his angular features. "Not that I'm implying you aren't capable, ma'am. On the contrary, that ability of yours is impressive. But you must surely be new here. New to my humble palace," he gestured to the run down building, which was coincidentally built on top of one of his larger bases. "And new to the Nexus, a city formed from ragged space, of vampires and refugees from a whole kaleidoscope of dimensions. Am I not correct?"

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 31, 2014, 04:24:46 AM »
Medea
Old Apartment

"W-what!?"

Startled at the sudden appearance and at the fact that her reconnaissance failed, she immediately went into defense mode her finger directly pointed at the man.

"Tell me who are you! Were you the one who summoned me!? And don't you dare think about lying, one wrong word and your body will be nothing but holes!"

She tried sensing for any type of Seal or contract but even then she could still find nothing of the sort, was he really the one?

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 31, 2014, 05:02:22 AM »
"Summon you?" The man chuckled. "If I could manage something like that, I'd have a lot less problems. No, Sorceress, I didn't. You appeared in my building out of thin air, un-beckoned, like many of the recent inhabitants of this world. Actually, I'm glad you did. My cameras should have recorded the phenomenon for later viewing."

He didn't seem at all intimidated by Medea's threat. "And I'm afraid knowledge of my identity doesn't come cheap. The bit earlier was a freebie, but if you want to know who I am, it'll cost you."

Then, the man grinned. "Of course, using that magic of yours to turn this body of mine into minced meat will be a fine payment, if you're up to the task. I must confess that I've never witnessed someone kill using magic, and I'm itching to see it in action."