Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182831 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1500 on: February 07, 2014, 05:26:24 PM »
Shezar
Rooftops

The first Shezar was going to die, it knew but it cared little for it's own safety, the blades struck through it it's weapons only a small hindrance, emerging from it's dying corpse came a flurry of ropes. They swirled up and around their foe's limbs tying and tangling themselves as they went. The ropes wouldn't last forever but they were perfect for a nuisance.

As the grenade exploded the second Shezar was caught straight in the blast the shrapnel tearing it to pieces leaving nothing but a useless corpse.

'It is time. Aim, Fire...'

A rocket came shooting out of the shadows, straight towards Raul's currently entangled limbs.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 07, 2014, 10:50:45 PM »
Even with Lancer's comforting words in her ears, Mille couldn't help but feel ashamed.

Emotions began to rush back to her in a torrent. In contrast to the utter numbness from before, it threatened to overwhelm her, this sudden tide of conflicting feelings. It took every bit of fortitude that she had to not just start sobbing.

Quote from: Lancer
"Look lively love, we've got company."

Mille snapped back into reality for a moment as she heard Lancer bellow and charge at a mass of skeletonized soldiers. The young magus narrowed her eyes.

So few of them...

Why would they send?

A secret part of her grateful for the distraction, she flew upward to get a bird's eye view of the complex. Her eyes widened. As she had suspected, the place was surrounded by small troops of skeleton warriors.

"They're coming from all sides!" she cried out, making sure Lancer and Rider both heard her. Her focus shifted to the group closest to getting inside the complex.

She wasn't entirely familiar with what Ruby could do yet, but she had to try. She hurtled herself towards the warriors, those emotions that had threatened to overwhelm her before being repurposed into becoming fuel for the fires of battle.

A molten circle of light melted a bit of the asphalt for a moment before a massive inferno burst forth from the ground, reducing the warriors to ash.

She didn't stop for a moment, and hurtled towards the next group. With a wave of Ruby, a barrage of fire hurtled towards the next group. The balls of flame exploded on contact, and this group of skeletons too was reduced to ash.

Mille flew back upward to get a better view again, to reorient herself and figure out what group to attack next.

"Fire based spells, huh?" said Ruby. "You know... You're not very creative~"

"I-it's my element! W-why wouldn't I take advantage of it?"

"No creativity whatsoever~"

"I-I'll show you creative!"

She began eying another troop of them, contemplating how to set this next group ablaze.

N-no creativity, huh? I'll show her!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:52:29 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 08, 2014, 01:34:38 AM »
Marius

Ah; the barbarian could not understand the civilized tongue he used, and his words... the words of this 'Maximillian', were foreign in ways with which he was not familiar. Strange, that he had woken up so close to the surface. His memory was beginning to return.

Titus remembered the work crew he had been overseeing during his time off from policing the atheist Christians. Their work on expanding the dark tunnels of Necropolis had apparently gone wrong enough. An inept hand cutting at the wrong surface of stone, or perhaps an inexpertly arranged piece of scaffolding. The next thing he remembered was the roughly man-height tunnel collapsing on top of him, his bones shattering and his armor piercing through dead muscle... and then the dreams.

His head tilted to the side, and his neck was audibly creaking from the strain of motion after a millenium of stasis. Then he nodded at this 'Maximillian' and his question. That much, at least, he understood.

He attempted Greek, and then Gaelic since it was one of the only barbarian tongues from the North that he was good enough at. If he responded in the affirmative to either then this would go much easier.

Of course, he did not actually speak. His lungs were full of dirt and stone. Close examination revealed that his mouth did not move with his words.

Max

Max did his best not to show his confusion on his face, but he had a distinct impression it was obvious no matter how much he tried to hide it just because of how genuinely awkward the situation felt. He couldn't understand either of the distinct languages the nosferatu had experimented to communicate with him, although he could vaguely recognize one of them as being some form of Greek.

Never did he think he would regret not indulging the academic passions of his twisted former Major. Of course he had to have found a recently awakened Elder from the old vampire-dominated Rome of all things. It couldn't have been a vampire from World War I. Or the American Civil War. Hell, he would've taken a guy from the Renaissance over this.

He sighed in resignation and then shook his head in apology towards the nosferatu. He seemed peaceful enough, but this was not going to be simple. How could Max formally welcome him as an possible ally and help him with his circumstances if they couldn't even communicate due to the elder's outdated language skills?

And speaking of outdated...

Max gestured up and down to indicate the nosferatu's decayed, armored clothing, and then made an inviting movement with his hand in a thumbs up over his shoulder, pointing down the street.

It was probably a good start to get him a new outfit.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:40:56 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:35 AM »
Rider pondered Jack's request, considering whether or not she should offer some blood to him. Whilst she honestly couldn't care less that he was in pain, she knew that, if he someone didn't volunteer to give him blood, he could potentially attack someone to get it, and Rider didn't particularly like killing people as a precaution. On the other hand, though, giving him blood meant losing some of her prana, and she wasn't even sure it would work.

Before she could come to any decision, though, there was a howl from outside the compound.

"Look lively love, we've got company", said Lancer, before charging towards a group of the skeleton warriors, screaming.

Rider quickly followed, although without the pointless screaming, picking out a group coming towards them from the opposite side to Lancer. She threw her nail at one as she approached, smashing it in half, before destroying another with a flying kick.

Pathetic, she thought.

These things really were weak. Even Kiyoshi could deal with them without much difficulty. She really couldn't understand why someone would waste their familiars in this fashion.

"They're coming from all sides!" came the shout from above.

Ah, I see, she thought as a large bunch of the warriors around the side were incinerated by the girl's fire magic, followed by another.

Rider looked up and shouted to the girl flying overhead.

"We can handle these, get the ones we can't see", she said, continuing to smash the bone warriors with her nails and strategically-placed kicks.

Whilst Rider was fully capable of taking to the air, doing so would require her to summon Pegasus, which would take time and waste prana. It made far more sense for the already-airborne girl to use her birds-eye view of the battlefield to their advantage.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:16:13 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 08, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »
Satoshi smelled it and immediately rushed out to the front. The earthen smell that was familiar to him, not dangerous normally but normally such creations as these sword wielding warriors were practice for himself and Kuzuki.

"Caster" he muttered.

the first of the four swung at him and was rewarded with flames turning it to ash, the second and third shattered by the blonde's fists and the fourth dodged as Satoshi had more than destruction planned.

he centered himself dodging to and fro as he began to speak in what all but a few people would think gibberish.

the dragon tooth warrior halted, Satoshi produced a folded sheet of paper and wrote a message.

"Good evening dearest madam M, I write to inform you that I am aware of your true identity and like my mother am not one to accept such an attack lying down. Therefore I, the prince of knights suggest from one royal to another that you cease any further attacks upon this compound or the tenants housed within it. If you refuse my suggestion I shall have to respond to such violence in an unpleasant manner. I am certain you would not wish to face a Saber upon whom your precious rule breaker will not work so what I ask is best, yes? Have a lovely evening at any rate. Sincerely Satoshi, Alexander Emiya Pendragon"

having written the message he folded it, handed it to the warrior and said "go"

the warrior heeded the command and shambled back towards it's master with note in hand.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 08, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
Shezar
Rooftops

The first Shezar was going to die, it knew but it cared little for it's own safety, the blades struck through it it's weapons only a small hindrance, emerging from it's dying corpse came a flurry of ropes. They swirled up and around their foe's limbs tying and tangling themselves as they went. The ropes wouldn't last forever but they were perfect for a nuisance.

As the grenade exploded the second Shezar was caught straight in the blast the shrapnel tearing it to pieces leaving nothing but a useless corpse.

'It is time. Aim, Fire...'

A rocket came shooting out of the shadows, straight towards Raul's currently entangled limbs.

Raul could feel the rocket approaching, and a second before impact activated one of his Embeds. As the rocket struck him, Raul was ripped away from his bindings, the explosion and impact ripping and burning the ropes away. Raul was sent flying... seemingly untouched. A large scorchmark adorned his back, right between his wings, but he was free... and as his head swiveled around, the indentations where his eyes should be suddenly lit up green. No shadow could hide his foe from him now. Spotting Shazar, Raul engaged Strkes First once more, appearing like some avenging angel out of the cloud of debris. His target wouldn't escape this time.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 08, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »

She could hear the sound of battle as she made her way towards the sole individual but, decided to ignore it. She wouldn't be much of a help anyway.

It didn't take her long to spot the one she was looking for. She could feel her bond to him getting stronger as she closed the distance. It wasn't as powerful as her connection to Isa and she could tell already it wasn't something natural. It could be a sort of compulsion. Maybe she had been enthralled somewhat? She had heard about how some necromancers could bring back the departed but never as something which could still breath. She could be a ghoul, or a zombie for that matter.

Yeah right, a breathing rotting corpse. As if something like that could exist.

She still felt uneasy, after all, everything was possible in here. It was unheard of in her own world but, she was at a crossroad here. She walked to his level and stopped, staring at the Kindred, unable to decide what to say. She had questions, yes, but he looked in a very precarious state. A human would be long dead and probably a non-human wouldn't last long either. A heatwave reminded her how secure the place was for wounded people and Nessa decided to move. Without waiting for the guy's approval, she offered him a shoulder and forced him to stand straight, her hand supporting his back. The smell of blood and alcohol immediately surrounded her, yet, she paid no mind to it.

"Hey, I'm Nessa." Her voice sounded awfully coarse but she managed to keep a casual tone. "I don't know about you but, I would rather not get burned to ashes. Let's go inside, we need to tend to your wounds."

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 09, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »
Final Circle

Mere seconds after Downy left the area the circle exploded in a bright flash of light, incinerating the surrounding monsters and anyone else unlucky enough to be close. The circle then fired all of it's collected energy straight into the sky creating a beacon bright enough to be seen even during the day.

Main Circle

With all of it's connections cut the circle began to glow an eerie red. It hadn't yet gotten enough magical energy and it thirsted for more.

A vacuum began to form around the circle sucking any and all energy it could find into it's depths. The nearby Golem which had just began it's charge was the first to be caught in the vacuum.

Despite it's best efforts to hold on it too was swept inside both bodies and energy being torn to shreds inside the ravenous circle.

Lobelia Reed
Nearby the Main Circle

"Damn it Downy!" She had no choice but to postpone their current fight. If she didn't leave now she too would be consumed in the blaze.

But what about the other? Perhaps it was the touch of her old legacy but she couldn't just leave her.

"Rrrggghh! God Damn it look over there!?  Do you want to die!?" Why was she doing this?  She shouldn't be doing this... She really shouldn't be doing this...

Using the force of a bomb she propelled herself straight from the shadows and right into the weakened and broken body of her foe.

"Damn you Rubinas!!!!!" The two of them tumbled from the rooftops and into the alleyways just as the circle rapidly began to fluctuate in and out before releasing it's massive load into the air consuming all that it touched.

Farther and farther it stretched out and into the sky they monsters below letting out screams of anguish before being sucked into nothingness

It completely out shined the nearby circle as it reached way into the sky itself.

And then it dispersed.

Medea
Secret Base

Quickly rising from her spot she made for the door.

"I'm going to finish my side of things, make sure you don't mess yours up."

And with those words she was gone from the room off to do things most important to their goals.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 09, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »

She could hear the sound of battle as she made her way towards the sole individual but, decided to ignore it. She wouldn't be much of a help anyway.

It didn't take her long to spot the one she was looking for. She could feel her bond to him getting stronger as she closed the distance. It wasn't as powerful as her connection to Isa and she could tell already it wasn't something natural. It could be a sort of compulsion. Maybe she had been enthralled somewhat? She had heard about how some necromancers could bring back the departed but never as something which could still breath. She could be a ghoul, or a zombie for that matter.

Yeah right, a breathing rotting corpse. As if something like that could exist.

She still felt uneasy, after all, everything was possible in here. It was unheard of in her own world but, she was at a crossroad here. She walked to his level and stopped, staring at the Kindred, unable to decide what to say. She had questions, yes, but he looked in a very precarious state. A human would be long dead and probably a non-human wouldn't last long either. A heatwave reminded her how secure the place was for wounded people and Nessa decided to move. Without waiting for the guy's approval, she offered him a shoulder and forced him to stand straight, her hand supporting his back. The smell of blood and alcohol immediately surrounded her, yet, she paid no mind to it.

"Hey, I'm Nessa." Her voice sounded awfully coarse but she managed to keep a casual tone. "I don't know about you but, I would rather not get burned to ashes. Let's go inside, we need to tend to your wounds."
I just... stared at her. She was moving. I'd drained her dry. She was dead. NO heartbeat, I couldn't hear a heartbeat, I'd drained her dry I'd...

It hit me like a ton of bricks, the sin I'd just created. A revenant. And I was totally at its mercy.

"Sure..." I croaked out, bloody foam flying from my mouth. "Let's get back inside.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 10, 2014, 12:08:58 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Wandering The City’s Streets

Lycodrake had never encountered humans that reacted to his presence immediately by fleeing and shouts of fear. After the first dozen reactions of fear, he had kept to alleyways and dashing between shadows. He had never seen a city with buildings reaching for the heavens like the ones he was seeing now. New surroundings did not make him happy. His introduction to this strange place had not been a welcome one and continued in that vein.

‘There are so many high places and none of them at a height I’m comfortable with using to scope out the area. Humans aren’t acting normally, but this place is definitely not my type of normal either. What is Eris playing at, if this is her doing at all? Golden apples don’t just appear out of nowhere unless she’s involved.’

Quite frankly, he felt overwhelmed and really, really needed explanations as to where he was. The humans he had encountered thus far certainly weren’t willing to stop and chat and he wasn’t even taller than them in his non-gigant size.

‘Okay, priorities list right now. First, find out where I am. Second, find a place to rest safely and get some food and-or water. Third, avoid freaking out if I need to stay in a high place - stay at the center if possible. I can tell there’s a sewer system. If I must, I can find a safe place underground there or…wait what’s that?’

His inner monologue was cut short by seeing stair steps leading down into the earth. Just the knowledge that he could go underground, where he felt - generally - most secure, eased his worries. Muscles relaxed and his posture changed, light footsteps switching to plodding down the steps.

‘This will be much better than sewers,’ he stopped himself, ‘…hopefully.’
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:23:28 AM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 10, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »
Neo

After doing his work, Neo decided to spend the money he just pilfered and went to the local bar. There, he quickly approached the bar counter and ordered, "Hey, whiskey. On the rocks." When he got his drink, he looked around the bar and noticed the kinds of patrons this establishment entertains. He saw all sorts of people and creatures taking a drink, chatting and generally being rowdy inside the bar. He just grunted and took a drink of his whiskey.

But one patron attracted his attention very quickly. This patron looked like a stereotypical cowboy, and is currently talking to someone else. Never in his life did the blonde meet this person, but he had a feeling that he saw this guy already several times in his life. And so, true to the fashion of his personality, Neo called out this man.

"'Ey yo', man. I think I know yo' ass. C'mon here. I think I saw you many fucking times already."

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 10, 2014, 06:42:26 AM »
Shezar
Rooftops

"Your endurance it most admirable." He grabbed from beneath his belt a brightly glowing orange bottle and threw it straight at his charging foe.

"But you charge into things much too often." He dropped his rocket launcher and took a set of daggers. With expert precision he aimed and flung them straight at the bottle he just threw aiming to make them impact right as they reach the charging demon and using the momentum to leap back at the same time.

Downy Reed
Heading Somewhere

"Haste? Do you not realize how close we were to dying? A second later and we would have been consumed in the blaze that blasted Gabriel has created. But what is done is done we can only learn from this and prepare yet again."

The knight removed their helmet a sign that they were at least willing to provide some ounce of trust.

"I'm afraid currently we don't actually have a destination, I had to create a the gate in haste unlike normally, because of this we are just floating in what would be called the dimension in between dimensions my dear." Pausing for a moment to gather his thoughts and calm himself properly Downy continued.

"Allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Downy Reed, I am the 42nd head of the Reed family and at this point in time currently a wanderer in this world. It has come to my understanding that this is not my home and if I am correct it may not be yours either. Along with the circle that apparently summoned you there were more of it's kind that I had created with the intent of making a way back home for myself as well as my friends. However that is now unrealistic thanks to Gabriel and his blasted magical affinities. Unfortunately I know nothing of this 'Grail War' that you speak of, so perhaps it is best you enlighten me?"

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 10, 2014, 06:52:07 AM »
Medea
Secret Base

An opportunity had presented itself, one that was not likely to happen again and she would grasp it with all her might.

Inside the dimly lit room she was hard at work chanting and casting her fingers moving in exaggerated and complex motions the miniature diagram of the city glowing a slightly dim purple.

"Η μετακίνηση της ενέργειας."

She would not fail again. She could not fail again. She would see her precious one even if this city had to burn that was her mindset and that was what she would do.

"ενέργειας συγκεντρώσει."

As the energy surged forth into the sky she began with the best of her ability to channel it to set points inside the city.

"ταξιδεύουν ενέργειας."

The massive amounts of energy released from that fools plans would be useful to her, the perfect way to gather without being noticed.

And into the night she went so long as her partner did not make any mistakes she would go undisturbed until it was all collected.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:02 AM »
Shezar
Rooftops

"Your endurance it most admirable." He grabbed from beneath his belt a brightly glowing orange bottle and threw it straight at his charging foe.

"But you charge into things much too often." He dropped his rocket launcher and took a set of daggers. With expert precision he aimed and flung them straight at the bottle he just threw aiming to make them impact right as they reach the charging demon and using the momentum to leap back at the same time.

"TAlKiiing IS wAstE FoR ThoUSe who BReaaaathe"

Reality had been warped. The bottles were thrown at a target that... simply wasn't there. The Demon was faster. The Demon was stronger. The Demon simply put, could not strike second.

"ShOUUUldddd HaVe sTTTTRuck wIthhhh ALll You hAAAd fIrsT."

Shezar would not escape. The Demon's wings themselves were pumping through the air, closing the gap without any seeming effort. He'd disarmed himself for... nothing.

"rAANgE wAAAS YouuuuR ERROR."

The Demon's blades flashed forth, leaving no escape, not at this range. The biomechanical monster had let one of its swords fold back into itself to allow it to grasp onto its target, an iron grip around the upper arm. The Demon was engineered as a killing machine. An assassin, of things that could strike first and fast and hard. He was a Wolf of Heaven, and he and his pack tore into their quarry without  remorse or reason. Now, he was a Hound of Hell, and he'd lost his pack, at his own hands and blades. And now, they moved to impale the one who had a connection to this massacre, a massacre like those he'd perpetrated before in service to the God Machine he lothed.

"BeeCAuuSE Hell is MY DoooMAiN."

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 13, 2014, 03:56:50 AM »
Archer watched as his darkened self finished pinning the fae to the wall and explained his reasoning. "I was about to do that," the Servant muttered to himself.

With that, Forest began to grill Satoshi.

Quote from: Forest
"Now why the fuck did you heal him?  If you give me some bullshite answer involving morality and kindness I will knock your sodding teeth in."

A number of eyes turned to Satoshi. A pair of violet ones in particular were glaring down at him from above, giving the armored man a look that would make most men relieve themselves in an instant.

Satoshi sighed. "I was only told to keep him off the ground. The swords were not for sealing and you never mentioned a healing ability. What's more is both Shirou and I would have immediately corrected the error if not for someone jamming a thumb either psychically or magically into this guys brain. I sealed his wounds because you can't question the dead. Simple."

Satoshi threw up a shrug and then stepped towards the door pausing long enough to frown at Archer "however you may have been offended by my earlier comparison Archer, it does not give reason for such offensive vulgarity. Next time try a yo mama joke if you want to get back at me"

There was a silence. Archer began rubbing his forehead. Rin just gave Satoshi a dry look. She knew to expect this by now.

She rolled her eyes before her eyes wandered over to Tom. Exasperation quickly turned to trepidation.

The look in those violet eyes was absolutely murderous. The tail lashed about like a whip, the odd three fingered paws were clenched. There was a feeling of raw, unreleased power in the room.

But before Tom could make Satoshi's head explode or make his heart explode or something equally explosive and painful like Rin feared he'd do, their now pinned intruder spoke up.

Quote from: Lucas
"You... may not be responsible, vampire, but I would... kill you... all... the same..."
Rin and Archer narrowed their eyes at the fae. Tom redirected his gaze, every bit as murderous as the one that had been directed at Satoshi.
Quote from: Lucas
"And... if you guard me… don't... let it... be him... Killing a fool... like that... is just pathetic..."
No one disagreed with him there. Tom calmed down a little bit in response. But only a little.

Suddenly Toshi just rushed out the door. Tom made to grab him, for he had unfinished... business, with the Imbicile, but Rin's voice distracted him.

"Don't. Just let him go, he's not worth it."

I hardly see what business this is of yours, or how you feel you have the right give orders to me. But nonetheless, he put his arm down.

Suddenly, there was the sound of explosions.

Rin frowned, tensing up. "Another attack? Already?!"

Archer frowned, already ready to project Kanshou and Byakuya. "Looks like."

Tom released his mental barriers and allowed his mind to search the area. He found the mind of a young woman, and extracted the details from her head. He felt her push back a bit, but he was able to get what he needed.

Not quite. It seems that it is already almost over. The explosions from earlier were from someone who is apparently aligned with us. He frowned. Odd, they seem fairly few in number. His eyes widened a bit. ...And it seems that there was at least one camera recording the complex. I do not know if our fairy adversary has anything to do with this, but I am at least certain of this...

His expression turned grim. Someone has declared war on us.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.