Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182693 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1560 on: February 23, 2014, 05:03:23 AM »
"The greater grail? Wasn't that destroyed or something?" Kiyoshi asked.

"And, what do you mean about your body being different? Surely you're just like anyone else...."

As he was speaking, Kuro, confused and a little disappointed at the fact that Tsukasa hadn't returned his hug, pulled back. But, even so, he felt comfortable and safe around his "big sister", and didn't want to move. Instead, he laid down in her hands, as if he were sleeping.

As he watched his shadow pet with amusement, Kiyoshi remembered the question he'd asked her before.

"Hmm, Tsukasa-nee, who is your father? It can't be dad, he's married to Saber...."

Then, he turned to Satoshi.

"Yeah, I guess. Dad is like that sometimes, he tries to act as a shield for mummy and us. Mummy doesn't let him, though, not for her anyway...."

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 23, 2014, 08:03:24 AM »
Quote from: Forest
Forest took his hand and replied, They won't get a chance to catch you or extract your DNA, I promise.
Tom responded by giving her hand a gentle squeeze. Thank you.

The earnesty in her voice, the determination. From that alone, he knew he had put his trust in the right person. He knew that she could only do so much, but the fact that she was honestly willing to put in the effort to ensure his well being alone was a comfort to him. Even if she had called him Kitten. There was still a faint flush visible even through the fine, white fur even now from that. Yet he found it extremely difficult to hold that or the fact that she had driven home the fact that yes, he had indeed purred against her.

Aloud she said, "Archer?  The tan one, not the one corrupted by Angry Manjew.  Anyway, can you start working on getting things repaired?  Hakuno, you're about to fall asleep on your feet.  It'll be best if you go to bed.  I'll make sure you're safe."

Archer looked around him at the damage. That was followed by a rather heavy sigh. "Consider it done. Though I wouldn't expect to get through this wreck quite as fast as I did the kitchen."

Hakuno, in the meantime, gave Archer a worried look. She didn't want to be separated from him.

It is as Forest said, we will ensure your safety. I will help her keep that promise.

Hakuno's look of concern didn't fade, even with Tom's reassurances. Archer sighed and shook his head. "Master, do you really have such little confidence in me? I'll be fine. I'll be out of the way repairing the damage and reinforcing the walls anyway. I'll meet back up with you as soon as I can."

She didn't quite relax at first, but finally, after a moment or two, the worry somewhat slipped away from her features and she nodded. Her Servant gave her a quick nod in return before beginning to repair one of the vine ravaged walls. 

Hakuno turned to Tom. "You'll protect me even after I still called you Mr. Kitty-kun?"

He tilted his head. As irritating as that nickname is, I fail to see why that would stop me from aiding Forest in fulfilling her vow. So yes, you can be assured that I will do my best to keep you safe.

Rin studied him with some surprise. Maybe it was Forest's influence, but this oddly heroic side wasn't something she had expected from the psychic cat man.

"In that case then, I'll go upstairs." Hakuno hesitated. "Though... should I stay down here?"

It is your decision. Though we can protect you either way.

"If you need a room, Kishinami-chan," Rin said, "you can stay next to mine. I'll give you the directions when you're ready if you choose to go upstairs."

Hakuno bowed to Forest, Tom and Rin before saying a quiet "thank you." The gesture surprised Tom, but he nodded at her in return. Rin just replied with a pleasant smile and a nod of her own.

Then she looked at Rin and said, "The wards on this house are pretty solid, but I don't think it would hurt if we had some more set up, do you?  Think you could handle that?  I have some casting supplies if you need them: gemstones, herbs, so on and so forth."
Rin's eyes brightened at the word "gemstones," but she tried to suppress her excitement. "Easily. Though it depends on what you want. Besides simply adding more wards, there's several other types of wards and bounded fields that could be set up around the complex. Is there something specific you had in mind?"

For a moment, Rin paused, then she looked up at Forest. "Garrison-chan's specialty is actually bounded fields, based on her file. We'd have to either somehow restore her prana or she's recovered it naturally, but with the two of us, ideally we could set up a magical security system even stronger than this one." Her eyes wandered to the damage the complex had suffered. "Given all the attacks tonight, I'd say it needs it."

Finally she looked at the smirking Dark Archer and sighed.  She rubbed her forehead and said, "I trust you as far as I can throw you."
Quote from: Dark Archer
"I'm sure you could throw me pretty far," he said with a smirk that she found herself curving her hand into a fist for, "But I can go outside, make sure there aren't any more cameras and take care of any other spies here.  I can also do a security sweep and take first watch."
She blinked and said, "You know, that's actually . . . yeah, go do that."
Rin was loathe to see him go, but it was necessary. She gave him a "don't be gone for long" sort of look, before her attention was drawn to the stairs.

"If he needs someone to go with him, I could volunteer." The red headed girl came down the stairs, nursing her head a bit. "I have a bit of a headache, and I'm not exactly in the best shape, but I think I can kick the crap outta a few enemies if need be."

Ryoko made her way down so she was in view of everyone in the room. ...And then did a double take. "I-is that... Is that a Pokemon?"

Tom began rubbing at his temple with his free paw. Yes, yes it is. His eyes met hers. Ryoko, it's me.

She stood there for a moment before those violet eyes and that intense gaze started to become quite familiar. ...Perhaps too familiar.

"W-wait a minute. So, that silhouette I saw the night I left... It wasn't just a trick of the light?"

He shook his head.

Ryoko ran her fingers through her hair. "That explains a lot," she muttered to herself. Collecting herself, she jerked a thumb towards the stairs. "Finn's fine by the way, from what I could tell. I heard the tap turn on in the room you guys were in earlier right as I was heading down."

Ah, Finn. I had forgotten about him. Tom found himself looking at Ryoko with curiosity, and the girl responded with a bit of a shudder. It seems she hasn't forgotten the look I gave her earlier, he mused to himself. I will have to apologize in private later. Even if it was not intentional, I went too far.

Quote from: Nessa
"Sorry to ask that out of the blue. And it may sound a bit strange but, I need some blood. In quantity."
All eyes turned to the next newcomer. Or rather, newcomers. Ryoko couldn't help but wince. Jack had obviously seen better days. The girl with him was holding him up quite well, all things considered.

"Nessa?" Hakuno walked a little closer to get a better look. Visible relief was on her face. ...That only lasted a moment before she found herself having to look away from Jack's rather nasty wounds. She also noticed that Nessa had a distinctly pale pallor to her skin now...

Ryoko walked a bit closer herself. "I can't really speak for Miss Forest herself, but I would suspect that there are probably blood bags some place. I don't know how many of us could spare some drops, but we can figure something out."

Hakuno spoke up. "I-I could try giving some."

Rin shook her head. "You're in bad enough shape as it is, Kishinami-chan. I probably wouldn't risk it with you unless several of us were giving blood at the same time."

Tom spoke up. Ryoko couldn't help but look rather incredulously at him. All things considered, she didn't know how well the two vampires would take the sight of an a 6 to 7 foot tall talking psychic cat.

I believe the blood bags would be the wiser option for now. With how many attacks there have been, we will need all our strength.

Rin found herself nodding in agreement. "If I need to, I can try giving a little blood, but I agree the blood bags might be the better option for now. Do you think you two would be able to hold out until we get some for you?"

Ryoko noticed that the new girl's gaze had shifted to the man skewered on the wall and was eyeing it with distaste.

"I think while we're all here, I don't think it'd hurt to explain what's exactly up with that guy. Because if he's a wall ornament, it's in somewhat poor taste."

He is a fae, actually. A powerful one, capable of regeneration once he touches the ground. If he is not suspended from the ground, he will recover and attack us again. He only attacked us not that long ago, intent on taking Forest's life. A certain Imbecile who is not currently present in this room ensured that we had to subdue and pin him again.

Tom gestured towards the unconscious fae. I assume we will arrange something more permanent once we get the chance. For now though, there he must stay.

Ryoko blinked before turning to the two vampires. "You guys catch all that?" She began rubbing her temples again. "This has been some night huh? And it just keeps getting weirder and weirder..."

Then she patted Tom's hand again and said, "Tom, you're with me."  You might want to revert back to your human form, in case we're still being recorded.

If they have cameras within the complex as well, they would have captured footage of me already, he replied, privately. And I may need my full strength if our enemy decides to strike again. However... Assuming that we are going outside, and the cameras are exclusively out there, then it may be wise to follow your advice. As such, I will err on the side of caution for now.

His borrowed pjs, boxers, and his glasses floated towards him, the clothing folding over his arm while the glasses floated above his three fingered paw. With these articles recovered, he began to head towards an empty room nearby to change. As he walked, he shot one last private message to Forest, with a slight flush on his cheeks.

However, I will give you fair warning. If I am forced to change form later on, I fear that neither these boxers nor that these pants will survive the process.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:24:54 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 23, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
Satoshi twitched sensing the approach of the knights, he rose slowly hiding his pain as he did and spoke "Yes, in your world I have no doubt the greater grail was removed. However it is different in our world, at any rate, I'll be back shortly." he said moving forward and opening the door.

None of the now old man's family and friends said anything to stop him, instead they watched carefully. Rin sighed and Connor frowned realizing that something major had happened.

Tsukasa petted Kuro on the head. "I'm a little big to hug you Kuro, I'm afraid I might squish you if I try" she said laughing.

Tsukasa closed the door as Satoshi left and turned to Kiyoshi with a light frown. "I'm sorry Kiyo, those are questions I can't answer right now. It's a long story, just trust me."

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 23, 2014, 09:08:15 AM »
Neo

When the cowboy ignored him and only gave him a nod as he was about to leave, Neo then reacted "Wait, what the fuck?" and started to stand up from his stool to follow him. He turned towards the bartender for a moment and said "Put that damn drink on mah bill. When I'm done talking with this guy, I'mma pay you back. Okay?"

He then followed the cowboy to his direction while yelling, "Hey man! C'mon! I think I know you, man! I think I saw yo' fuckin' face in them dirty trenches! Or maybe in the Pacific War, man! Oh, I know, I definitely saw you in 'Nam! I don't fuckin' know, cowboy, but sure as hell as I saw you somewhere in a war, honky boy! C'mon, brother, maybe we can talk! Maybe we can tell each other about the olden days, bro! You were in a 'Merican war, I can feel it!"

Rattus and Yukina

"Onii-chan, how long will Neo-san take to get his task done? You only asked him to take money so we can see what kind they are using here, right?" Yukina asked Rattus, bored while she sat on the floor in a seiza position between him and their bags of personal belongings.

Rattus then took his glasses off to wipe its lenses while he replied, "We can't expect much from Neo right now. I'm definitely sure he is exploring this city at his own leisure, especially that I did allow him to use robbery-homicide to get samples of the money being used here. Perhaps he is at a location where he could entertain himself, maybe in a red-light district or a place with liquor." He sat cross-legged right beside her in the right.

The young girl exhaled while she deflated her posture and said, "But that would take a long time, will it not?"

"Don't worry," Rattus assured her. "Once we know the currency and the possible location of this city, we will start establishing our base of operations here by buying a townhouse in the more affluent district of this city. Just endure it for a while."

She then smiled at him and said, "Alright, Onii-chan. I will."

"Very good." He said to her.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:31:29 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »
Neo

When the cowboy ignored him and only gave him a nod as he was about to leave, Neo then reacted "Wait, what the fuck?" and started to stand up from his stool to follow him. He turned towards the bartender for a moment and said "Put that damn drink on mah bill. When I'm done talking with this guy, I'mma pay you back. Okay?"

He then followed the cowboy to his direction while yelling, "Hey man! C'mon! I think I know you, man! I think I saw yo' fuckin' face in them dirty trenches! Or maybe in the Pacific War, man! Oh, I know, I definitely saw you in 'Nam! I don't fuckin' know, cowboy, but sure as hell as I saw you somewhere in a war, honky boy! C'mon, brother, maybe we can talk! Maybe we can tell each other about the olden days, bro! You were in a 'Merican war, I can feel it!"
"...VIETNAM!"

At that, Henderson clapped the man on the back. "BUY THIS MAN A WHISKEY ON ME!" He shouted, practically yanking Neo around. "So where were you, Key San, Teibet offensive?" he continued, "Man, I knew I'd seen you before, ain't that right Rupert?"

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 23, 2014, 01:40:37 PM »
As the others spoke, Mille found herself having a rather difficult time taking her eyes off of Forest's godson. Even a will of iron could have difficulty against the power of teenaged hormones, and even more so when that iron will wasn't even being used to fight those feelings.

When introduced by Lancer, to her embarrassment, all she could manage was a slight wave and a small smile. She felt Ruby prod her playfully, to which she responded with a rather pointed glare.

Quote from: Gabriel
"Well, since we've been properly introduced hopefully we can get started", Gabriel said, holding his arm out for them.

Quote from: Rider
"Well, you've not given us your name yet. I would definitely like to get to know you better...", she said with a hint of lust in her voice.

Mille couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. Rider was far better looking, and older, and more willing to express her... desires. Surely the very attractive man wouldn't really notice her. She found that her arms had folded in front of her chest, her lips in a slight pout. Ruby once again prodded her, which was once again reciprocated with a glare.

"And, what did the other guy mean by 'dimensional thing'? Could you get my master's son out of this city and back to his mother?" she said, hopeful that he could provide Kiyoshi with a route to safety.
The young magus snapped out of it for a moment before shaking her head. "I don't think it's anything like the Second. Likely it's something that enables us to travel much faster, but not between dimensions." Her cheeks flushed. "T-though it's only a hunch."

Rider then began to reach for the man's hand. Suddenly, it began to shimmer and turn translucent. Mille frowned and watched the phenomenon carefully. She's a Servant. Servants are... essentially pure prana, right? The way she's starting to vanish...

The Servant pulled back her hand quickly and gave the gorgeous man a rather dirty look.

"What the hell did you just do?", she said.

"I don't think he did that on purpose," said Mille. "Considering that Servants are beings of pure prana, and the way you began to fade as soon as you tried and touch him... I think it's some sort of natural anti-magic bounded field." She turned to Rider. "Aside from that, he's Forest's Godson. Lancer trusts him, so I'm sure he's not here to attack us. Here, I'll prove it."

She began to walk towards the beautiful man and reached out to take his hand just as Rider had.

"Just warning you now, if you take his hand, you're in for a bit of humiliation~"

Mille shrugged Ruby off, from a combination of stubbornness and the strength of the half-incubus's lure, and took his hand. Her magical girl uniform faded in her instant, revealing her now loose and untied hair and the t-shirt and slacks that passed for her pjs. The young magus's cheeks lit on fire from the combination of embarrassment and the warmth of the rivetingly stunning man's palm against hers.

"Told you~"

Mille shot Ruby yet another glare before managing to make herself speak. "I-I can just change back once you take us to where you wanted to take us. I-I'm sure there's a way for Ruby to follow us."

"That there is~" Ruby chirped, now changed into her more portable, rodless form, a visible radar sticking up from up top. "This guy's anti-magic aura's really easy to track with my radar~ I can lead anyone who can't travel with this guy to his location~"

The young magus blinked before glaring at the sentient winged pentagram. "Then why didn't you mention that before Rider tried to take his hand?"

"Oh, it just didn't seem important at the time~"

Mille made a mental note to one day figure out a way to turn Ruby into kindling.

For most anyone else, the City was a fetid, dank labyrinth of gargantuan buildings, its every seedy corner filled to the brim with vampires and werewolves and other agents of death and destruction. The safe havens were no more comforting than the eye of a hurricane in the tempest of broken bodies and broken promises. A metropolis enveloped by a miasma rank with the fear and despair of the thousands upon thousands of innocents who attempted to still live a normal life within it's sprawling boundaries.

This was not what Rei Blackwell saw.

What she saw was a steel encrusted wonderland of new discovery and new places to see. And by golly, now that she was stuck here, she was gonna make the best of it!

The remains of the portal that she had tripped through had vanished. The device she'd repaired to create it in the first place must have shut off. Shauna was still back there, fighting those guys from the assassin's guild. Worry flashed through Rei's consciousness like a fever dream, but only for a moment. Shauna was a capable mage, she could handle those assassin guys and gals no problem. After all, both of them had faced far worse when it came to Bad Guys.

Rei's attention quickly shifted to her overwhelming curiosity for what lie in wait within the strange new land that lay before her. Her eyes were wide with wonderment, the gargantuan skyscrapers reflected in her glasses and aviator goggles alike. She made her way through the maze like alleyways, taking in all the sights, sounds, and smells- many of which were rather unpleasant of course, but did that register with Rei? Of course not, she had a city to explore!

As many things as Rei saw and observed, none yet made her stop and pause. How she had managed to avoid seeing a scene of someone being killed or mugged or otherwise have a very bad thing happen to them only The Powers That Be could know. But after a good while of trekking, the young alchemist finally stopped in her tracks.

The other woman didn't hardly even register in Rei's mind, not in favor of the prone, unmoving figure on the ground. Rei rushed to the armored stranger's side, her eyes wide in awe.

Never in her life had she seen an automaton or robot or any mechanical life form so... intricate. Whoever had crafted it had done a beautiful job. It was just so... lifelike. Well, as much as armor could be lifelike. Rei also couldn't help but notice the rather unfortunate fact that the intriguing mechanical life form was rather... well, broken at the moment.

"Well, let's see what I can do here. Hang on tight, I'm going to get ya all fixed up in a jiffy." She cracked her knuckles, a sound audible through even her work gloves, before beginning to repair the fallen automaton. Even if she had never seen a construction so intimate in her whole life, Rei was bound and determined to find a way to repair the armored figure back to normal. Any creation of this magnificence deserved at least that much.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:38:54 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 23, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »
"...VIETNAM!"

At that, Henderson clapped the man on the back. "BUY THIS MAN A WHISKEY ON ME!" He shouted, practically yanking Neo around. "So where were you, Key San, Teibet offensive?" he continued, "Man, I knew I'd seen you before, ain't that right Rupert?"

Neo

"Whoa, whoaa!" Neo was being tugged around by the old man in Hawaiian shirt, cargo pants and a stuffed parrot in the shoulder. But Neo fully believed that the old man was indeed a veteran. "Hold the fuck on, brother! I was just there from '62 to '66 befo' I went full fucking hippie! I ain't in Khe Sanh, that shit was on fucking '68! I'm fucking sorry, man!"

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 23, 2014, 06:56:11 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Krokodil Factory

"I go by TĂ¢n Gwyllt, and I am he who rides between this world and the next! And you, friend?" the spectral horseman asked.
"I go by Lycodrake Aptera, sir TĂ¢n Gwyllt of the green flame; I am in the service of the goddess [Athena] Nike as messenger and confidant, but I am also lost and confused in this city-world of Nexus where man is apparently ignorant of the mythical. So I followed the man of justice, Tywin, to exact righteous fury upon this lot."

He paused to turn baleful eyes upon the wicked humans that cowered before the two beings. "I am not a stranger to killing the wicked, from my lady's immortal feud with her brother [Mars] (Ares) and the evil beings that warmongering god calls minions. So I ask you: what shall we do with these? Should you venture into the factory to assist Tywin, I am limited to biting, slashing, and swiping," here the large dragon allowed his fangs and talons to gleam in the residual flames, "and there is a chance a few may escape. Humans excel at courage, cowardice, and ingenuity when it suits them."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 23, 2014, 07:32:07 PM »
Uchiten

Wanderer

"Uchiten... a fine name."

I turn back to my shot of whiskey, and downed it in a single swig. It evaporates in my stomach as usual. The drink is not necessarily important, but I have found that going through the motions puts others at ease; I should not stay here much longer. As we have spoken, and as the two fae continue their conversation, my presence is beginning to grow. Dirty looks are being cast here and there, insults are starting to be flung, and two men seem to be ready to face off with each other, backed by their friends and alcohol.

I wil guess that the bartender is more than capable of dealing with it on her own (though I hate to impose) and turn back to the spirit. I have not been in this city long, and, perhaps, another inhabitant will know more about this city than I - my thoughts are interrupted, for a moment. Something has come to this city that feels familiar. I can feel it only because it is so similar to my, a rider cloaked in green flame. I narrow my eyes in though. Only one of my brothers appeared in such a way. The oldest one of us. It doesn't feel exactly like him, but… if it is truly my brother, or my brother from another land, then I should give him a greeting.

Uchiten's eyes were smiling. Not necessarily from Wanderer's compliment alone, but also from the tension dripping and thickening around the two of them, presumaly from the presence of this harbinger of conflict. The twisted onmyoji himself was too powerful of an entity to be so easily affected, but even he could feel the spectral blood in his veins begin to boil. He didn't know if it was simply the growing battle-thirst of his ogres leaking into him, or if it was something else, but it was not a sensation he disliked.

Seeing as the bartender was occupied, he took care of refilling his own drink, but something made him stop midway. There was an eyebrow arched slightly up as Uchiten noticed a change in his drinking companion's expression.

"Ah, forgive me. It seems that one of my brothers," I put just the smallest amount of stress on the word, "has recently arrived. It would be remiss of me not to greet him."

Saying this, I make to get up, adjusting the shotgun that hangs over one shoulder.

"I must apologize - I cannot leave this matter unsettled."

I turn to the bartender, who is still within the maze-like conversation that faeries always seem to have. Behind me, a bar brawl is about to break out as my new state of agitation influences the patrons.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but might I have the bill? Oh, and if this man decides to keep drinking, please, allow me to cover it in advance."

I reach my hand into my pocket for several golden coins. My politeness now is mostly so that I can get to the location of my brother as soon as possible. If it is who the presence indicates, certain ...events might not be so far off. A blond man is trying to get me to come over, but I can't spare much more time in this location. I nod to him, absentmindedly, considering what I should do. Perhaps, if it really is my brother, I might have to go for a ride.

The evil spirit's smile widened, going from a restrained polite one to an overbearing grin with an unnerving curve, although in reality his lips had not stretched that much. A light laugh made his way out of his mouth, but his voice was unnaturally level when he spoke.

"Ahh, I see. Yes, that is certainly something to be concerned about."

His mind, however, was contemplating the meaning of it. For yet another of the four to be here? Could it be that this world was doomed for a close end? Or was it, that in the same way it drew powers and many different beings togethers, it drew those strong and unyielding to confront each other and fates to be woven and tangled together in disarray that only grew greater?

To anyone with a common mind, being thrown into his position would be confusing and make them rebound, such the lives of people were bond to things like nolmacy and constants, with change and the unknown causing them great distress. But he cared not for where he was, and not for who those that surrounded him were, not for constants and boring expectations. He cared for what kind of place this was, for what interesting things he might see, for what entertainment he could draw from the resistance and efforts of others. Situations sudden as his and possibly many others were easy to wrap his mind around, and incredibly stimulating for his aged soul.

Since he had arrived, he had already sensed many things about this place. He had already seen, through the bartender, and through the other occupants of the bar. He had of course noticed the great release of magic from several places in this city, felt opposite sides clashing. He realized there was much going on, and that all of it was something he could potentially extract fun from.

He liked this sort of world. And the thought of it getting becoming more exciting before he even had a chance to taste all it offered already was humorous beyond bounds.

"Of course, Wanderer. Go meet your brother, by all means. I send my greetings, whichever he may be. My thanks once again, and have a safe trip." he said, offering a nod to the being beyond men.

He took another sip of his sake. For now, he was going to take it easy. Mayhaps the fae were already engaged with one another, but observing them was such a rare chance, and the atmosphere of the place was wonderful for his mood. He would finish his drink with time, waiting to see if any others of paranormal inclination entered the establishment (since it seemed to attract them like moths to the flame), and afterwards he would go out, and slowly take in this interesting city with his own eyes.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
« Reply #1569 on: February 23, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
What kind of names are Rider and Lancer?  They're more like job titles or something, Angel thought as he grabbed Gabriel's arm.

"Well, you've not given us your name yet. I would definitely like to get to know you better..." Rider said with a hint of lust in her voice.

Gabriel bowed his head and said, "Apologies Rider, I'm Gabriel Umbra."

"And, what did the other guy mean by 'dimensional thing'? Could you get my master's son out of this city and back to his mother?" the sultry woman asked, her eyes pretty much focused on Gabriel.

"I'm Angel," the vampire put in with a scowl, "That other guy has a name and it's Angel."

Then she reached out and touched Gabriel's hand.  Angel blinked as her hand went completely transparent before she jerked back.  Gabriel's wide eyes focused on the woman before he looked at Angel then back at her.

"What the hell did you just do?" Rider's lip was curled, her expression one of sort of terrifying fury.

Angel asked, "You can't control your magic killing thing, can you?"  What if he breaks the curse?  Then Angelus is out and . . . He realized he'd been in contact with Gabriel for quite some time.  Maybe because how the curse worked he couldn't unravel it.  Or something, but Angel figured to err on the side of caution.

"I don't think he did that on purpose," said Mille. "Considering that Servants are beings of pure prana, and the way you began to fade as soon as you tried and touch him... I think it's some sort of natural anti-magic bounded field." She turned to Rider. "Aside from that, he's Forest's Godson. Lancer trusts him, so I'm sure he's not here to attack us. Here, I'll prove it."

Gabriel nodded and said with a smile, "The young lady is right.  It's something that I really can't control."

Then the red haired girl, Millie, had a few good theories before she flew over and touched Gabriel.  Her clothing changed to something more normal and her hair was unbound.  Lancer whistled, eyed Gabriel, and asked, "Aren't you a dangerous one?'

Gabriel tilted his head at Rider and said, "You're made solely out of magical energy.  Fascinating.  Are they're others like you?  Perhaps when we're not after that slow moving monstrosity you can explain it in detail."

Angel blinked at the other man's excitement and then silently realized Gabriel was a bit of a nerd.  Which made Angel smile.  "You going to annoy her with questions?"

"I never annoy an attractive woman," Gabriel said as he smiled at Millie.

Lancer squared his shoulders, grabbed Gabriel's arm and then blinked.  "That's odd," Lancer said to himself, frowning before he leaned forward and sniffed at Gabriel.  To Gabriel's credit, he didn't shy away, but gave the man a bemused look.  Then Lancer's eyes narrowed and said, "Your blood's odd."

"You have no idea, Lancer," Gabriel said with a sigh.

"That there is~" The Magical wand chirped, now changed into her more portable, rodless form, a visible radar sticking up from up top. "This guy's anti-magic aura's really easy to track with my radar~ I can lead anyone who can't travel with this guy to his location~"

Millie asked, "Then why didn't you mention that before Rider tried to take his hand?"

"Oh, it just didn't seem important at the time~"

Lancer smacked the pentagram with his red lance and said, "Oy, you rightly warn people of stuff or I'll shove you into the garbage disposal."

Angel said, "Or Gabriel could just grab you and make you useless."  He looked at Rider and said, "Um, Rider right?  Since you can't hitch a ride on Gabriel, why don't you take the vampire somewhere where we can interrogate her later."

Forest noticed that Rin's eyes brightened at the word "gemstones," but the young woman was obviously to suppress her excitement. "Easily. Though it depends on what you want. Besides simply adding more wards, there's several other types of wards and bounded fields that could be set up around the complex. Is there something specific you had in mind?"

For a moment, Rin paused, then she looked up at Forest. "Garrison-chan's specialty is actually bounded fields, based on her file. We'd have to either somehow restore her prana or she's recovered it naturally, but with the two of us, ideally we could set up a magical security system even stronger than this one." Her eyes wandered to the damage the complex had suffered. "Given all the attacks tonight, I'd say it needs it."

Dark Archer smirked and said, "Well, I'm sure Lancer could supply it to her and would be eager to do so."

Forest nodded and said, "Just let me know what you need and I can get it."

Forest also noticed that Rin gave her lover a "don't be gone for long" sort of look, before her attention was drawn to the stairs.

"If he needs someone to go with him, I could volunteer." The red headed girl came down the stairs, nursing her head a bit. "I have a bit of a headache, and I'm not exactly in the best shape, but I think I can kick the crap outta a few enemies if need be."

Ryoko made her way down so she was in view of everyone in the room. ...And then did a double take. "I-is that... Is that a Pokemon?"

Forest's eyes went wide at Ryoko's proclamation as she stared at her lover.  A sinking feeling hit her stomach. 

Tom began rubbing at his temple with his free paw. Yes, yes it is. His eyes met hers. Ryoko, it's me.

Then she realized how Tom was feeling about all of this.  He was probably conflicted, and there was stuff about labs.  So she wondered if he was some pokemon/human hybrid thing that could take either form.  Which was heading into some weird Frankenstein territory.

"W-wait a minute. So, that silhouette I saw the night I left... It wasn't just a trick of the light?"

He shook his head.

Ryoko ran her fingers through her hair. "That explains a lot," she muttered to herself. Collecting herself, she jerked a thumb towards the stairs. "Finn's fine by the way, from what I could tell. I heard the tap turn on in the room you guys were in earlier right as I was heading down."

Oh Lord and Lady, poor Finn, the vampire felt guiltily.

"Sorry to ask that out of the blue. And it may sound a bit strange but, I need some blood. In quantity."

Forest's eyes widened as she saw Nessa carrying Jack, who looked like two miles of the road to hell.   She could also smell that Nessa wasn't quite right.  The smell wasn't that of a healthy, young magus, but something else.

"Nessa?" Hakuno walked a little closer to get a better look.

Ryoko walked a bit closer herself. "I can't really speak for Miss Forest herself, but I would suspect that there are probably blood bags some place. I don't know how many of us could spare some drops, but we can figure something out."

Hakuno spoke up. "I-I could try giving some."

Rin shook her head. "You're in bad enough shape as it is, Kishinami-chan. I probably wouldn't risk it with you unless several of us were giving blood at the same time."

Tom spoke up. Ryoko couldn't help but look rather incredulously at him. All things considered, she didn't know how well the two vampires would take the sight of an a 6 to 7 foot tall talking psychic cat.

I believe the blood bags would be the wiser option for now. With how many attacks there have been, we will need all our strength.

Rin found herself nodding in agreement. "If I need to, I can try giving a little blood, but I agree the blood bags might be the better option for now. Do you think you two would be able to hold out until we get some for you?"

Forest rubbed the back of her neck and said, "I . . . actually don't have blood bags."

"So you're not the paragon of good you want us to see you as?" Archer asked, a little smirk on his face.

Forest glared and retorted, "No, I can't drink dead blood you idiot.  I have to take it directly from the living to work, wanker."

"I think while we're all here, I don't think it'd hurt to explain what's exactly up with that guy. Because if he's a wall ornament, it's in somewhat poor taste."

He is a fae, actually. A powerful one, capable of regeneration once he touches the ground. If he is not suspended from the ground, he will recover and attack us again. He only attacked us not that long ago, intent on taking Forest's life. A certain Imbecile who is not currently present in this room ensured that we had to subdue and pin him again.

Forest sent to Tom, I was adopted into their family.

Tom gestured towards the unconscious fae. I assume we will arrange something more permanent once we get the chance. For now though, there he must stay.

Ryoko blinked before turning to the two vampires. "You guys catch all that?" She began rubbing her temples again. "This has been some night huh? And it just keeps getting weirder and weirder..."

If they have cameras within the complex as well, they would have captured footage of me already, he replied, privately. And I may need my full strength if our enemy decides to strike again. However... Assuming that we are going outside, and the cameras are exclusively out there, then it may be wise to follow your advice. As such, I will err on the side of caution for now.

Forest patted his hand and replied to him, I really doubt that they managed to get cameras in here.  The wards would have let me know if someone had been in here.

His borrowed pjs, boxers, and his glasses floated towards him, the clothing folding over his arm while the glasses floated above his three fingered paw. With these articles recovered, he began to head towards an empty room nearby to change. As he walked, he shot one last private message to Forest, with a slight flush on his cheeks.

However, I will give you fair warning. If I am forced to change form later on, I fear that neither these boxers nor that these pants will survive the process.

Forest shrugged and replied, Its fine, and I understand.  You're not the first shapeshifter I've met.  And one other thing.

She smirked at him.  If anyone's going to be extracting any of your "DNA", it's going to be me.

Archer went over to Rin and said, "I'll be back.  I'm not going to risk myself needlessly."

Then he bent forward and gave her a kiss before heading outside into the remainder of the night to see a group of idiots talking on the ground and the metal monstrosity.  However, he was going to find the camera's first.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:14:24 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 23, 2014, 10:17:18 PM »
Satoshi frowned at the stairs, and then suddenly burst into a small fit of laughter. 'The dragon, the immortal, the Prince of knights. Stopped by a flight of stairs, oh my, if Zelretch were to see this he would certainly never let me live it down' he thought cheerfully.

With his mood recovered and a smile at his lips Satoshi descended the stairs, albeit with the help of a projected cane. He made a note to buy one or build one in the near future and strolled as best he could to the door. Opening it he saw the knights marching to the compound with Alter and Angra. Immediately upon reaching the door Angra shouted.

"Protection, Mercy, Asylum!" she cried drawing a glare from Alter.

'Crap!!!!' Satoshi thought feeling the beginning of a headache.

Alter looked upon Satoshi and spoke clearly "I assume then that you are the master of the castle?"

Satoshi nodded "Yes King of knights, although, this current residence does not belong to me"

Alter nodded "Would be possible to seek shelter here? The castle was damaged in a recent assault" Alter was polite as she could manage, despite her outrage she understood that common people only had so much and that her position as king afforded her no liberties in the modern age.

Satoshi tapped his cane twice and nodded "I am certain that the young lady who owns the building can spare a room" he paused looking at Angra.

"You however, you shall stay here, you've clearly been here to cause trouble, perhaps I can convince her to let you in. I doubt it because she's smart but maybe she'll be kind enough" he barked.

Alter raised an eyebrow as Satoshi stepped out of the way to give her an entrance but said nothing. Silently Satoshi led Alter to the room and leaving the cane outside of view Satoshi tapped on the door.

"Forest, I'm afraid that there are a few things we have to discuss, for the moment one of two visitors needs to speak with you" Satoshi announced, his voice somehow worse then before.

Alter stepped forward a frown etched on her face. "Recently my residence met with an accident and, on the advice of loyal friends I found my way here. If possible, may I stay here? Temporarily of course." he was clear Alter was trying desperately to be polite.

Alter was clad in full armor but showed no hint of hostility despite her menacing eyes.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 23, 2014, 10:43:22 PM »
Jack

Vampire Friend, the dick, apparently didn't give a fuck about the impaled man on the wall, or a vampire with his chest practically caved in. Figured. The cane was odd, though. The catman thing was also creeping me out. A lot. That was Tomcat probably but it still looked eerie and rather unnatural.

"Blood packs wouldn't do it for me, or her, either. Needs to be fresh, or it doesn't do enough without a fucking mountain of it." I could see the bloody foam flying from my mouth. God, I must look like shit.

"Plus, I'm gonna need some blood to make the little miss here a full Kindred. I'm running on fumes here, and this is starting to hurt a little. Anyone willing to inject themselves with a mountain of pain killers before I chow down?"

Raul

The attackers this time were easily disposed, limbs flying in bloody arcs. The Demon still lost his intended quarry. But that wasn't that big an issue. He'd still proved himself superior.

Activating his last embed, Raul slipped away, shifting himself back into his human form. He'd need to acquire more hotsauce.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 24, 2014, 02:21:02 AM »
As soon as it was apparent that Undine's water drill wouldn't be able to pierce the wall of ice that had risen from the ground, it fell apart. The weapon's shape was lost as the spirit released her hold on the quickly freezing water in favour of focusing her power elsewhere.

"Respectable," she murmured. "But then again, water is not an offensive element. Come, then. If we are doing this like civilized monsters, then it's your turn to take the offensive."

She spread her arms, her watery tail curling around her body lazily. "Hit me," she challenged the lich. "And don't hold back. I am an elemental. As long as a drop of moisture exists nearby, I will eventually be able to pull myself together."

The helix appeared once more, but this time instead of focusing to a point it widened around Undine, flattening and elongating until a paper-thin sheet of water separated her from the outside. Her smile was easily visible through the wall, as were her glowing green eyes.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 24, 2014, 03:35:07 AM »
Mordred

"As you wish, Master."

The Knight of Treachery removed her entire armor, clothing herself in much more casual wear. She gave a wink to Downy, dropping the act of the perfect knight as easily as her physical protection. Breathing finally freely, her mood seemed to improve.

"All ready. So, are we to wait them right here? I'm curious to meet those allies of yours."

---

Nessa

Nessa sent Hakuno a short, awkward wave.

"Hey, Haku-chan. Glad to see you're safe."

She didn't want to bring Isa's topic now, simply redirecting her attention to how things will evolve for the Kindred.

Quote from: Hakuno
I-I could try giving some

As exhausted as Nessa was, she could at least tell Hakuno was in no condition to give anything. She still found it fascinating that she would volunteer for someone she knew nothing of. She couldn't turn away from the girl, admiring such kindness.

This girl's really something.

Fortunately, people raised the blood bag option and Nessa found herself nodding at the prospect.

Good, it would avoid him, or myself for that matter, sucking someone dry.

But the option was short lived.

I . . . actually don't have blood bags.

The girl sighed in disappointment, as the Dark Archer jumped on the occasion to throw a verbal blow to the vampire. Her answer made it clear it needed to be a direct bite for her to feed. Jack's answer was basically the same, making her worries over feeding on the living a reality. She couldn't help rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, color me surprised. Why would feeding be simple, or even remotely civilized, after all?"

Alright, screw the blood bags. We will have to find another way to feed him then.

Quote from: Jack
Plus, I'm gonna need some blood to make the little miss here a full Kindred.

"Oh sure, you do, old man," she grunted. "If I am to become an undead, at least don't do a sloppy job. Gimme the whole set of supernatural abilities so that I don't feel like being so screwed up I will want to throw myself on the first stake available." She was pissed off for a reason she didn't want to bring up, she was craving blood. Starving even. She eyed the wounded man and gave him 'a sorry for what I said' kind of look. "I am a bit on edge," she admitted to him, feeling guilty already. The guy might have done a poor job at turning her, still, he also made it so she wouldn't die, technically. Of course, she would have enjoyed it more if she would remain as before but, beggars couldn't be choosers.

At least, I'll be able to offer Isa some funeral.

Quote from: Ryoko
I think while we're all here, I don't think it'd hurt to explain what's exactly up with that guy. Because if he's a wall ornament, it's in somewhat poor taste.

Nessa could entirely agree with that statement. And she got her answer, though it wasn't spoken but rather displayed in her own mind. The guy was the one who had attacked the place, apparently seeking to terminate Forest's existence. Nessa looked at the guy with enmity.

So, he's the one who killed her... I should tear him apart where he is.

Unfortunately, she didn't have the strength to take revenge. Still, she needed to express her anger.

"Is he the one who attacked my sister?" The calm that she expressed didn't reflect her internal, boiling anger. "Then, why is he still alive?"

Her eyes shifted on each of the people present. They stopped on Forest. Nessa felt her heart wavering. She had sworn that they would be safe, that she would protect them. Yet, she had broken her promise. Forest had betrayed that trust. She was no She-Angel. She was no heroine. Simply one person. Sorrow and frustration finally eroded Nessa's serene facade. Tears flowing down her face as she formulated a simple word in her mind.

Liar.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:47:03 AM by Daiki »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 24, 2014, 04:00:17 AM »
Nessa

Nessa sent Hakuno a short, awkward wave.

"Hey, Haku-chan. Glad to see you're safe."

She didn't want to bring Isa's topic now, simply redirecting her attention to how things will evolve for the Kindred.

Quote from: Hakuno
I-I could try giving some

As exhausted as Nessa was, she could at least tell Hakuno was in no condition to give anything. She still found it fascinating that she would volunteer for someone she knew nothing of. She couldn't turn away from the girl, admiring such kindness.

This girl's really something.

Fortunately, people raised the blood bag option and Nessa found herself nodding at the prospect.

Good, it would avoid him, or myself for that matter, sucking someone dry.

But the option was short lived.

I . . . actually don't have blood bags.

The girl sighed in disappointment, as the Dark Archer jumped on the occasion to throw a verbal blow to the vampire. Her answer made it clear it needed to be a direct bite for her to feed. Jack's answer was basically the same, making her worries over feeding on the living a reality. She couldn't help rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, color me surprised. Why would feeding be simple, or even remotely civilized, after all?"

Alright, screw the blood bags. We will have to find another way to feed him then.

Quote from: Jack
Plus, I'm gonna need some blood to make the little miss here a full Kindred.

"Oh sure, you do, old man," she grunted. "If I am to become an undead, at least don't do a sloppy job. Gimme the whole set of supernatural abilities so that I don't feel like being so screwed up I will want to throw myself on the first stake available." She was pissed off for a reason she didn't want to bring up, she was craving blood. Starving even. She eyed the wounded man and gave him 'a sorry for what I said' kind of look. "I am a bit on edge," she admitted to him, feeling guilty already. The guy might have done a poor job at turning her, still, he also made it so she wouldn't die, technically. Of course, she would have enjoyed it more if she would remain as before but, beggars couldn't be choosers.

At least, I'll be able to offer Isa some funeral.

Quote from: Ryoko
I think while we're all here, I don't think it'd hurt to explain what's exactly up with that guy. Because if he's a wall ornament, it's in somewhat poor taste.

Nessa could entirely agree with that statement. And she got her answer, though it wasn't spoken but rather displayed in her own mind. The guy was the one who had attacked the place, apparently seeking to terminate Forest's existence. Nessa looked at the guy with enmity.

So, he's the one who killed her... I should tear him apart where he is.

Unfortunately, she didn't have the strength to take revenge. Still, she needed to express her anger.

"Is he the one who attacked my sister?" The calm that she expressed didn't reflect her internal, boiling anger. "Then, why is he still alive?"

Her eyes shifted on each of the people present. They stopped on Forest. Nessa felt her heart wavering. She had sworn that they would be safe, that she would protect them. Yet, she had broken her promise. Forest had betrayed that trust. She was no She-Angel. She was no heroine. Simply one person. Sorrow and frustration finally eroded Nessa's serene facade. Tears flowing down her face as she formulated a simple word in her mind.

Liar.
"Nah, he isn't the one. No blood on him. Not like yours. Little guy, artificial thing. Nearly fucking killed me... again, but I got him. I got him..."

It hurt to swallow, a bit. "...and yeah. Don't worry too much about the stakes until after I've gotten enough in my system to get you fully kindred. Christ, I hate that this is the only option for you. I didn't know you'd come back a revenant."

Forcing air into and out of my lungs hurt, each breath moving them through my shattered ribs. Speaking was starting to hurt. God, that sucked.

"Will someone seriously get over here and give me some blood before my spine fully rips in half? I don't want to have to heal that up again."