Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182858 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1575 on: February 24, 2014, 06:00:49 AM »
Bonesington

With a flick of his wrist and a cheerful hum, Sir Bonesington allowed the wall of ice to drop and looked attentively at Undine, considering her words about the suitability of water towards offense.

"Allow me a moment to think, then..." he said.

As powerful as he could make his frost spells, they were not magicks of outright power. Their power lay in controlling your enemies, catching them within your icy grasp and trap them in a cold early grave. Blizzard was one of his most powerful spells, but its strength lay on its large area of effect, and it was unsuitable for a single enemy. A impaling spike of ice would surely break against her defense. Just a Shadowbolt wouldn't be enough to phase her. He supposed he could Frost Blast her with all of his power, but the resulting icicles and frost would likely freeze the entire building. So all that was left was Death And Decay, quite possibly the most dreadful spell he knew.

It was his best option, but it would probably also make part of the building collapse on them. Unless...

Sir Bonesington grinned. Of course the answer would be in the basics.

"Here I come." he declared, beginning to channel all the power he had into invoking the dark energies he was about to use. Black smoke and decaying wind flowed around his hands, producing sparks of consuming light. The magic continued to gather, in amounts so large soon they would noticeable to anyone within the area of the park and beyond.

Bonesington threw his hands forward, releasing his shadow magic with all of his might with a shout of challenge.

"Death And Decay -!"

The ground beneath Undine flared to activity with a smoky sigil of arcane death, instantly darkening rock under and around her inside its perimeter. An outburst of magic flooded it in an instant. And...

"REDUX!"

The sigil instantly shrunk until it only just surrounded Undine, and its magic was released.

Darkness and necrotic vapor burst into being with a sickening hiss. An aphotic cloud of negative energy completely covered Undine, swirling around her and consuming all inside it with unforgiving hunger. What the dark mist covered was decayed and decomposed: stone caught in it blackened and crumbled in seconds, quickly decomposing to less than dust, and the air suffocated and withered. The darkness rotted and destroyed without mercy.

The spell continued to pulse in puffs of death, anything that touched it withering and being devoured.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:02:38 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 24, 2014, 01:51:11 PM »
Gwyllt

Lycodrake Aptera
Krokodil Factory

"I go by Lycodrake Aptera, sir Tân Gwyllt of the green flame; I am in the service of the goddess [Athena] Nike as messenger and confidant, but I am also lost and confused in this city-world of Nexus where man is apparently ignorant of the mythical. So I followed the man of justice, Tywin, to exact righteous fury upon this lot."

He paused to turn baleful eyes upon the wicked humans that cowered before the two beings. "I am not a stranger to killing the wicked, from my lady's immortal feud with her brother [Mars] (Ares) and the evil beings that warmongering god calls minions. So I ask you: what shall we do with these? Should you venture into the factory to assist Tywin, I am limited to biting, slashing, and swiping," here the large dragon allowed his fangs and talons to gleam in the residual flames, "and there is a chance a few may escape. Humans excel at courage, cowardice, and ingenuity when it suits them."

Tân Gwyllt laughed honestly as he voiced his response.

"Worry not, Lycodrake! As I said, I shall allow none to escape! My flames shall encroach, and trap and poach!"

The horseman's loud presence seemed to go silent for a moment just after he let out the last word, and he tilted his helmet to the side with an uncertain mumble before his vigor made itself known again.

"Nevertheless! Place thine trust in me!" he said, waving his hand in a wide arc in the air. The fires around them seemed to follow it, and although Lycodrake could not see it, they followed his command and began to spread outside, surrounding the building to his will.

"However your methods, they shall suffice! If you need, I will say it twice, or even thrice!" Gwyllt continued. "Let us both venture forth, and down these wretches as we go. If it was with your companion's quest that it began, then I shall cede to him its end!"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:32:09 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 24, 2014, 04:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Forest
Forest rubbed the back of her neck and said, "I . . . actually don't have blood bags."

Quote from: Dark Archer
"So you're not the paragon of good you want us to see you as?" Archer asked, a little smirk on his face.

Forest glared and retorted, "No, I can't drink dead blood you idiot.  I have to take it directly from the living to work, wanker."

Quote from: Jack
"Blood packs wouldn't do it for me, or her, either. Needs to be fresh, or it doesn't do enough without a fucking mountain of it. Plus, I'm gonna need some blood to make the little miss here a full Kindred. I'm running on fumes here, and this is starting to hurt a little. Anyone willing to inject themselves with a mountain of pain killers before I chow down?"

Quote from: Nessa
"Yeah, color me surprised. Why would feeding be simple, or even remotely civilized, after all?"

Rin sighed, shaking her head in exasperation. She found herself agreeing with Nessa. "Well, there goes that option." She frowned. "But how do we give enough blood? Even between all of us, I don't know if we'd be able to give enough and still be strong enough to fight."

Tom's tail twitched in thought. I may have a solution to that, but I have to consider it first. Give me a moment.

Rin raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

Tom proceeded to explain why the fae was pinned to the wall, along with the Imbicile's act of "charity" that could have gotten someone killed. Forest sent him a private telepathic message in response.
I was adopted into their family.
Tom winced. I assume you will be finding ways to avoid any family reunions then.

Privately, he expressed his concerns about the cameras to her.

Forest patted his hand and replied to him, I really doubt that they managed to get cameras in here.  The wards would have let me know if someone had been in here.
The psychic feline found himself breathing a sigh of relief. It was an oddly audible sound. That is reassuring. Nonetheless, it does not hurt to err on the side of caution.

He then proceeded to head for the private room with his clothing in tow and gave her his warning about the potential fate of the pajama bottoms and boxers.

Forest shrugged and replied, It's fine, and I understand.  You're not the first shapeshifter I've met.  And one other thing.

She smirked at him.  If anyone's going to be extracting any of your "DNA", it's going to be me.
Tom blinked. However, once he processed the innuendo, he responded with a smirk of his own. Oh? I suppose after tonight, it would not be the first time, now would it? But then... for your purposes, I would be quite willing to donate more. I take it you wish me to leave you another deposit soon?

Hints of lust began to tease his body- which, in this form, felt rather odd indeed.

"Is he the one who attacked my sister?" The calm that she expressed didn't reflect her internal, boiling anger. "Then, why is he still alive?"
Tom's attention was drawn away, and his demeanor quickly sobered.
"Nah, he isn't the one. No blood on him. Not like yours. Little guy, artificial thing. Nearly fucking killed me... again, but I got him. I got him..."
There was a tiny gasp, barely audible. Had it not been for Tom's keen hearing in this form, he would not have heard it. It was Hakuno. Her skin had turned white, she looked almost physically ill. Tom watched as Rin silently went over to her side, giving the girl's shoulder a squeeze.

Tom found himself frowning. How strange... from the grief this girl is showing, it seems that the being that killed the two upstairs was not normally hostile. Why then would it so suddenly switch to committing homicide? His gaze wandered over to the pinned fae. Unless...

"Will someone seriously get over here and give me some blood before my spine fully rips in half? I don't want to have to heal that up again."

Tom began rubbing his temples again as he collected his thoughts. That's right, the blood...

He spoke privately to Forest once more. Sadly, our liaisons will have to wait. As will my changing form. There is one last task that must be done before I change.

The psychic sent his clothes and glasses flying into the room he had chosen, but did not accompany them. Instead, he turned towards the two vampires and began to slowly approach them, trying not to startle them.

That leaves me with no choice. Given your injuries, these people cannot donate sufficient blood to help the two of you. But I can. His tail lashed. Within this form, I have the ability to regenerate quite quickly. Thus I will be able to donate to you what you need without weakening myself significantly. As alien as I appear, my blood should be still roughly equivalent to that of a normal human. So it should serve your purposes.

He moved closer and crouched down, offering his arm. Now then, drink quickly. We do not have all night, after all.

Rin, still over by Hakuno's side, found herself tilting her head. "Of all the people to be so heroic, who would expect it to be you, Kitty-kun?" She gave him an amused smile. "But then, I suppose we all have our hidden depths, eh, Kitty-kun?"

Please stop calling me that. He then said something that sounded strangely like "hmpth". This sound too, was surprisingly audible. And what I am doing now is hardly heroic. I am merely doing so out of necessity. I am the only one here capable of donating so much blood at once. I am simply doing what needs to be done, nothing more.

Rin smirked. "Whatever you say, Kitty-kun."

The psychic catman responded with a glare.

Liar.
Once again, Tom's attention shifted. The vampire girl was visibly crying. Her thoughts were loud enough to hear even without effort, and clearly directed towards Forest. Frowning, the psychic danced around the revenant's mental barriers to see the cause. Understanding soon dawned on him.

He quickly gave Forest the mental equivalent of a hug before closing off his thoughts so his mental conversation with Nessa was entirely private.

Listen to me, and listen well. I understand what you feel. I have felt what you are feeling now yourself. The betrayal, the shattering of trust, the constant barrage of questions as to why. I know.

He crouched down further, so his eyes met with hers. I also know that it will not avail you.

His expression became grim. You are learning a lesson now you are too young to learn. Something I learned when I was but a few years older than you. That there are no heroes in this world, or any other, that more often than not, someone will not be there to save you, or those you love.

His features darkened. When I was about sixteen or so, the laboratory that I was kept in changed ownership. With that change of hands, it changed in philosophy too, at least in regards to me. Rather than simply keeping me from the outside world, mostly in solitude, instead they decided to test me in every way possible. In short, I was tortured. Some of the scientists from the previous group were still there. None came to my aid, even as I could see the remorse in their faces. No matter how much I cried out for help, or protested, or screamed, none helped me.

Tom's eyes lowered. I had no heroes. Eventually, I saved myself. And left a pile of corpses in my wake. None survived my escape. I soon learned that more often than not, the only person you can truly count on is yourself.

His gaze met hers again. Or... so I thought. When I came to this world, I brought with me the assumption that no human or human-like being could be trusted. That, as always, I was to be on my own. Then I met Forest.

There was a certain earnestly in his eyes, for a moment. That faded, his features once again turning grim. There are countless tragedies that occur that cannot be stopped. That no one can stop. Even I, who could lift this entire building and everyone inside it up above and teleport it all to a different location with no more than a thought, could not prevent this from happening. Forest's intentions are quite good, but she is not invincible, nor perfect. None are. Not even those you humans refer to as heroes.

His gaze became more intense. I know you need an outlet for your grief, for your anger. But directing that anger at Forest, who has done nothing to harm you, who still even now cares for you, will solve nothing. Direct that rage instead at your enemies, those who would harm you and those who you hold dear. Have them suffer instead. Take advantage of your newfound strength as a vampire and make them pay the price instead.

He managed a small smile. It looked more like a smirk. I sense that you have strength within you. What you have suffered through this night will not be easy to bear. But you must be strong. For your sister's sake, and for those who have also fallen, you cannot let this defeat you. You must fight. This path will not be an easy one, but you must persevere. As those who have suffered, it is all we can do. For to give up to the anguish is to admit defeat.

He regarded her with a fearsome look. So then, tell me. Will you fight?

Quote from: Dark Archer
Archer went over to Rin and said, "I'll be back.  I'm not going to risk myself needlessly."

Then he bent forward and gave her a kiss before heading outside into the remainder of the night.
She reciprocated his kiss passionately, forgetting for a moment that she may well have an audience, and watched him walk away. "You'd better be back. Otherwise I'll find a way to haunt you in the Throne. Don't put it past me."

Inside, however, concern still stirred about within her, burning away at her like a little fire. She had lost him once. She didn't want to lose him again. The magus gave Hakuno's shoulder another squeeze, every bit as much for her own sake as for her companion's.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:09:38 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 24, 2014, 11:57:52 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Krokodil Factory

Gwyllt
Tân Gwyllt laughed honestly as he voiced his response.

"Worry not, Lycodrake! As I said, I shall allow none to escape! My flames shall encroach, and trap and poach!"

The horseman's loud presence seemed to go silent for a moment just after he let out the last word, and he tilted his helmet to the side with an uncertain mumble before his vigor made itself known again.

"Nevertheless! Place thine trust in me!" he said, waving his hand in a wide arc in the air. The fires around them seemed to follow it, and although Lycodrake could not see it, they followed his command and began to spread outside, surrounding the building to his will.

"However your methods, they shall suffice! If you need, I will say it twice, or even thrice!" Gwyllt continued. "Let us both venture forth, and down these wretches as we go. If it was with your companion's quest that it began, then I shall cede to him its end!"
The wingless dragon tapped his foreleg's talons twice upon the ground, "That sounds reasonable to me, I must say. If need be, I am quite able to create my own entrance to their den of wickedness after we send these fools quickly to the afterlife." While not able to breathe fire like his kin, he could certainly slash through the walls of the factory with heat-imbued claws.

A few of the armed humans decided to foolishly shout out the orders to open fire on "these two freaks". Bullets were like blunt needles against Lycodrake's hide, and he had no doubt that the helmed knight of green flame could protect himself from them; if not, he would be embarrassed for being such a poor impromptu ally.

The spawn of Typhon and Echidna lashed out with heated claws into the ranks of men blocking his path to the door, his aim to clear the way and kill them quickly. His movements, though slower, were fluid and meaningful - no room for an incomplete attack. He held no love for bloodshed without purpose or reason, nor did he find pleasure in the suffering of others. Bodies were bifurcated and cauterized by his powerful swipes. His eyes held pity in iron; pity that these men had chosen to do evil and take advantage of others for their own gain and pity that they were within his way.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 25, 2014, 02:04:44 AM »
Gwyllt

The rider of green flames laughed in the face of puny mortal ammunition uselessly rebound off his plate and their desperate attempts at escape. He tugged at the reins of his dreadsteed with his mind and followed the lead of Lycodrake, jumping over the pitiful humans' heads to cut off their escape. Their landing was denoted by the crunch of bone and tearing of flesh caused by the nightmare's flaming hooves atop the one who was running forward.

Courage and even desperation dimmed and faded from the rest of the group that had come Gwyllt's way. The fragile, shaky legs of weak, wicked humans could not stand to face the maw and eyes of hell staring down on them, and they tripped among themselves.

Gwyllt raised his flaming sword above his helm and swung it down pityingly, bringing down a wave of green flame. Only a few seconds of burning stench and agonized screams preceeded their being put out of their misery.

Moving his steed around, the black knight's voice rumbled from within his helmet. "Forward!" he declared, his weapon a guiding arrow towards the locked doors.

The armored nightmare broke into a gallop towards the door and with a shout of strength of its user, broke through them in a single passage, splintering them into bits. The halls beyond that were filled with smoke and singled out humans scrambling to leave were overtaken by a cacophony of mad delight; the rider's sword swished in the air, the steps of his mount thundered on the floor, accompanying the uncontrolled cackle resounding from the walls, the orchestra of the inhuman hunter coming together.

The blade came down to gut a paralyzed thug, cooking his innards with the movement, and driven by its chosen purpose severed another's head from its shoulders as they passed. From his other hand, fireballs were chucked one after another, and more of the building caught on demonic flame as Gwyllt rode and sang his ode.

"RUN, MELIANTS WHO I SCORN AND SPURN! FEEL MY WRATH AND TASTE MY BURN! HA-HAHAHAHAHA!"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:10:56 AM by YOLF »

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 25, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
Caster (Tamamo No Mae, Fuyuki Ver.)
Street Nearby a Certain Bar.

The Nexus was one strange city. It was a jungle of concrete, a land apparently governed by the Will of Humanity, but in there resided not only humans - countless beings of the supernatural, Spirits, Monsters, Dragons and whatever mythical entity could fit into the many mythologies riddling history's page were present. They were not oppressed, they were not being removed from the system – they simply were. Walking about the pavements, driving in cars and tending to their own business like regular inhabitants of the city... this would've been no different from Tokyo or any great metropolis of the 'present' world, if it wasn't for the fact that some humans were replaced with phantasmal beasts and monsters of all kinds.

It had been a while since that time. A while since through some inexplicable phenomenon, the Servant Tamamo No Mae had been thrown into this dimension, a realm bordering between the physical and spiritual, never having a definite existence, fluid and ever changing. As much as Tamamo had tried to get used to it, which she did for the greater part actually, there still was the lingering feeling that even by her standards, this realm was more like a fantasy than concrete reality.

This really looked like these contrived crossed universes that spawned every time the audiences wanted interesting clashes between characters of different settings.

Truly a cliché scenario straight from fiction.

“Aiya... maybe that I'm being a bit too aware of things,” Caster thought to herself as she walked down the road, appearing fairly 'normal' to anyone that would cast an eye on her.

Well, that's what she hoped for.

The young woman wore clothes that, in theory, were meant to help her meld into the crowd. The term 'in theory' should note as important, for while her theory was quite good, Caster's tastes in civilian clothing were quite flashy... and excessive flashiness, as sad as it is, rarely melded in with the adjective 'stealthy'.

Caster had a magenta tube top with white outlines, exposing the entirety of her shoulders and a portion of her gorgeous cleavage. On top of the tube top, was an unbuttoned, somewhat large casual shirt, checkered patterns of a white and pink color making up the textile of the cloth's surface. A long light-blue jean fit tightly against her legs, following their gentle curves, and her footwear consisted of a pair of white laced boots.

She might've been better off on some sort of fashion model show rather than the streets of the Nexus, especially since quite a bunch of less refined individuals made shady advances on her or whistled as she walked by... but then, Caster did like looking pretty. 'A good wife has to, like, actually look good for her husband!'

So she thought.

Nevermind that she was more like a mother to her Master than an actual wife.

Caster walked on while letting out a sigh, somewhat exasperated that her Master was still such a young man. 'Too much of a young man,' she felt like complaining sometimes, but she acknowledged it wasn't her right to complain – her wish had been granted, so maybe that rather than being reactive, she should be proactive and cultivate the matter to its best potential...

The bags of groceries Caster held gently swayed in synchronicity with her every step, and her long waist-length hair flowed with a hint of transience as a gentle breeze blew. The hair was usually worn in a high ponytail, but Caster thought that she'd best change her hairstyle a today to something new. Having the same outfit on a daily basis would naturally be boring and a sign of her lack of creativity, which Caster didn't want.

'Hmm, I should hurry up back home, yes.'

Musing about her looks, while important for a woman that had to keep their dignity, was an act that needed to cede place when priorities such as 'What will I cook for the Young Master's meal tonight?' were at hand. Caster picked up the checklist she had stashed in one of the multiple plastic bags hanging from her arms, and thought of what interesting dish she could make.

Just as she was about to read though, Caster picked up the familiar scent of alcohol from nearby. It seemed to come from a building a few meters or two ahead. Raising her head, the pink-haired beauty noticed the board on which the establishment's name was written –

“Prickling Prickle Cornerclub...” Caster mumbled to herself as she walked up to it.

It was a fairly small tavern, its inside packed with all kinds of patrons, ranging from normal humans to shadier, strange beings that were clearly inhuman. These kinds of places, Caster generally avoided with care, but the Servant noticed something interesting being offered here -- on the menu displayed at the entrance, the alcoholic drinks that were sold at this tavern were relatively cheap in comparison to the shops where she went to get these most of the time, and this 'Prickling Prickle Cornerclub' did put brands of high quality on sale. Caster could use some wine or sake to cook up her special recipes of Teriyaki sauce and Honey Glazed pork. Her Master really liked these dishes... not that he knew that there was alcohol in them, but a then little of spirits didn't hurt much, had it ever?

Caster faked a cough before walking into the pub. She already told herself that she' make her business and stay here as short as possible.

But well, things rarely go according to plan.

Wanderer

"Excuse me, ma'am, but might I have the bill? Oh, and if this man decides to keep drinking, please, allow me to cover it in advance."

I reach my hand into my pocket for several golden coins. My politeness now is mostly so that I can get to the location of my brother as soon as possible. If it is who the presence indicates, certain ...events might not be so far off. A blond man is trying to get me to come over, but I can't spare much more time in this location. I nod to him, absentmindedly, considering what I should do. Perhaps, if it really is my brother, I might have to go for a ride.

The moment Caster entered, a mysterious figure quickly walked by her. There was a strange feel to that entity, one that was quite unsettling. It left a hollow cry in her ears, like the one armies fighting on a battlefield, clashing in blood, pain and death – a very unpleasant reminder of what she actually experienced when the existence known as 'Tamamo No Mae' killed over ten thousand soldiers by itself.

Caster froze still at the doorstep, eyeing this man that had the makings of a traveler. She did not know why she suddenly felt a certain sort of strange compassion for him – was it perhaps because he vaguely had an aura like hers, like an existence that had caused misfortune and death by merely being next to others?

Maybe that it was still such a kind of existence.

'Misukume, focus on what you're here for!'

Trying to stick to what she had told herself she'd do, that is, not spending a very long time in this place, Caster brought her attention back to inside the shop and headed towards the bartender.

Buying alcohol for home use in a pub was generally unheard of, but Caster couldn't really afford to pass on such an occasion to get some cheap drinks, as the store where she had managed to get a job at had recently had the courtesy of closing down - it was a mere two weeks after she got in, and all thanks to some idiots.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:07:17 PM by Ambiguous_Ayakashi »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 25, 2014, 12:38:41 PM »
Uchiten

Uchiten let half a sigh slip from his lips while he entertained his course of action. It really was a shame Wanderer had to leave on such short notice, regardless of what his explanation to him had promised, but now with his company for conversation gone, the novelty of staying in the bar was beginning to wane for the specter. With the fae's attention far away from anything but their own talk, he was left with no other on his level to find some distraction in. The simple, easily influenced crowd in the bar made for poor company, while watching the one rough-looking man attempt to approach the retreating Wanderer in conversation and the odd old man butt in was interesting; but Uchiten had no desire of speaking to those two either, at least not at the moment. Maybe if they showed him something more alluring about themselves, despite already seeming like a cut above the regular mortal.

That was when a most fortunate coincidence happened which made him glad to have waited at his leisure, if only for the momentary sight of it.

The beautiful and composed woman who joined them in the delightful establishment caught his attention the moment she walked in. As she stopped at the passage of Wanderer, in turn did Uchiten pause at her form. She was.... familiar.

Not familiar in the way she reminded him of someone or you found a person on the street and remembered you had seen their face before, but in a more pertinent way than that. She looked human despite her beauty, but her presence unmistakably gave her away, to Uchiten at least. Her aura had the distinct tell of an Onmyo practitioner about it, but even more than that, it seeped of yokai energy. There was no feature about her that he could specifically recognize, but the air about her was the same as something he couldn't quite place.

He felt a little tug at his mind, and turned his attention to the link between him and his Shikigami. One of his Kitsune was excitedly calling him through it, sending the same expression over and over again.

'Fox spirit, fox spirit!'

He allowed himself to blink behind his dark glasses, and observed the woman walk up to the bartender with growing curiosity.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 26, 2014, 03:22:31 AM »
When Bonesington gathered death and despair in his hands, Undine was calm.

When the sigil appeared around her, Undine was prepared.

When it shrank and all that darkness was concentrated in a single tiny area, Undine gathered her power.

Yet, when the world began to fall apart around her, Undine screamed.

Nothing remained. The water shield that she had erected splashed harmlessly to the ground as the magical energy holding it up expired. The very floor she had stood on was gone, the floorboards eaten away by their own molecules. Microscopic reapers zoomed around the sealed area that she had too late realized was less meant to keep her out and more to keep them in, devouring all that they could get their hands on.

Water rose, gathering to do something, but fell apart just as quickly, its foundation destroyed and magic eaten up.

Thirty seconds after Death and Decay's descent, nothing remained of Undine.

Thirty one seconds after the spell, a single drop of moisture gathered together from the remaining humidity in the rotten air.

What followed was similar to watching a slow motion video of an explosion... in reverse. Dihydrogen oxide molecules drew together, pulled by a force greater than magnetism and gravity. The drop grew, bubbling and writhing as more and more of it was sucked in. The first words were audible after forty five seconds.

"Terrifying," Undine said, cracking open one eye while waiting for her body to recover the other. "Such a terrifying spell... such a terrifying creature." Her tail emerged alongside her arms, and the woman dragged herself out of the mass of floating liquid, plopping to the ground like a freshly birthed fetus.

"I expected ice," she confessed, gazing warily at Bonesington. "I did not think you could manage something like that. Fire will fade eventually. Earth will crumble, and the wind will be stilled, but water is one of the building blocks of the universe, too stable to completely destroy. Were it any other than I, the odds would be against their survival."

"As it is, I have to congratulate you on a fine performance. I would reply in kind, but I fear I'm a bit spent."

She raised one hand, stretching it out towards Bonesington. "Mind giving this lady a hand?"

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
« Reply #1583 on: February 26, 2014, 03:36:09 AM »
Forest frowned at the back and forth about needing to drink living blood.  She scowled and said, "Hey, I'm civilized about how I drink, thank you very much.  I have willing donors."

Then she gestured to the Elemental currently pinned to her wall and said, "Why don't you drink from this arse here?"

Then Nessa said something very chilling, something that caught Forest completely off guard and hit her like a ton of bricks.

Liar.

The vampire froze for a moment going completely silent.  Jack said something along the lines that it was Ruu who had went insane and killed Isa and thrashed him soundly.  Still the girl was right.  She had promised to protect Isa.  The crow pendent should have helped with that, but if the girl didn't get a chance to activate it, it was moot.

Anything she could have said to the girl was hollow, an excuse, and it would have been.  She could have apologized, but for what ends?  Everyone was sorry.  Everyone hurt.

A wise man had once had a character say, "If what we do doesn't matter, then what matters is what we do."

Forest had long ago accepted that she couldn't be everywhere at once.  She didn't have the power to save everyone nor did she want to.  There were a lot of people who deserved a bullet through the head more than a helping hand.  Still Isa had been in her house, under her protection, and she failed the girl.

She felt the mental equivalent of an embrace and blinked as she felt Tom's mind envelop hers before he turned to Nessa.  He was screening so she couldn't hear what he was telling the girl, but Forest had an idea.  She quietly stood there, not knowing what to say or do.

Then she heard two others approach.  She recognized Saber, but the robed figure was Satoshi (she recognized the ridiculous cape from when he had "sneaked" by a few minutes ago).  However his scent was off.  Older, like physically older.

Frowning, she asked, "What the hell happened to you?  You smell like an old folks home.  A well maintained old folks home, but there's definitely cell degeneration I'm smelling."

"Forest, I'm afraid that there are a few things we have to discuss, for the moment one of two visitors needs to speak with you," Satoshi announced, his voice somehow worse then before.

Alter stepped forward a frown etched on her face. "Recently my residence met with an accident and, on the advice of loyal friends I found my way here. If possible, may I stay here? Temporarily of course."

Forest sighed and said, "Sure, why the hell not."  Then she tilted her head thoughtfully and said, "Actually, you could be pretty useful."

Then Tom offered to donate blood to both Jack and Nessa.  A part of her bristled at the fact.  He was hers damn it, but it was a logical solution.

"You'd better be back. Otherwise I'll find a way to haunt you in the Throne. Don't put it past me."

Archer gave Rin a tiny wave and replied, "I wouldn't."

Then he stepped outside in the remainder of the night.  He had business to take care of, first off, find out if anyone else had those cameras around here.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »
Alter nodded, the woman had a slight attitude to her but it was still kindness, so Alter despite her natural urge to strike Forest for considering her a tool Alter stayed her hand and kept calm.

Satoshi's robe hid him completely so the surprise on his face was hidden from view. He waved her comment off and replied "just part of my regeneration, I took a hit I shouldn't have. As for the other visitor, it's Angra, Connor messaged me earlier and said she'd been here earlier"

Satoshi paused audibly sighing before continuing. "Unfortunately, as I'm certain she caused trouble before, she has asked me for protection. As a knight I have no choice but to grant it, however, as this place is not mine you have every right to refuse her entrance. Of course, I will have to leave then as I'm bound by my oath. Act as you wish, I shall bare you no ill will."

he paused again and then added "As for recent events, ask me if you want help, I've learned volunteering isn't the way this place works"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 26, 2014, 08:47:52 AM »
Bonesington

It was an unnecessary act for one no longer among the living, but Sir Bonesington drew in a breath as soon as Death And Decay ceased. He had underestimated the cost of forcing such a powerful spell to concentrate in one spot like that.

And quite honestly, he had underestimated its effects as well.

Undine's struggling form was graceful even in defeat, and it would have made him feel bad if he were so simple-minded as that. But, he knew better than to show such a pathetic display after their magnificent mutual performance, and so simply drew close to her, bowed, and offered her his hand like a gentleman.

"Worry not, milady, for I believe I spent myself quite well already." he said with a teasing smile of just bone and cold.

He was not close to being empty for the moment, of course, but that was besides the point.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 26, 2014, 09:29:04 AM »
Nah, he isn't the one. No blood on him. Not like yours. Little guy, artificial thing. Nearly fucking killed me... again, but I got him. I got him...

She couldn't believe these words. Was he talking about the Familiar she had tried to hug not so long ago? Looking at the kindred, she examined his wounds once more. This thing did beat a full fledged vampire to this point?

But if he isn't lying, then this guy had already took revenge for Isa.

...and yeah. Don't worry too much about the stakes until after I've gotten enough in my system to get you fully kindred. Christ, I hate that this is the only option for you. I didn't know you'd come back a revenant.

She shook her head.

"It's fine. Accident or not, if it weren't for you, I would be a corpse right now. And you took care of the one who ended Isa's life. I'm in debt with you twice over already. You don't have to feel bad about it. Besides, I don't think being left in that state is that much more convenient anyway."

Soon, Tom approached Nessa and her broken Sire. He offered his arm in a distinct manner and delivered thoughts. Thoughts, she didn't bother to pay attention to.

It wasn't long before that mental voice reached for her once more. This time with a such a focus, she couldn't 'look away'.

Quote from: Tom
Listen to me, and listen well. I understand what you feel. I have felt what you are feeling now yourself. The betrayal, the shattering of trust, the constant barrage of questions as to why. I know.

The creature crouched and locked his gaze in hers. She was too weak to even attempt to run away from the imposing being.

Quote from: Tom
I also know that it will not avail you.

You are learning a lesson now you are too young to learn. Something I learned when I was but a few years older than you. That there are no heroes in this world, or any other, that more often than not, someone will not be there to save you, or those you love.

When I was about sixteen or so, the laboratory that I was kept in changed ownership. With that change of hands, it changed in philosophy too, at least in regards to me. Rather than simply keeping me from the outside world, mostly in solitude, instead they decided to test me in every way possible. In short, I was tortured. Some of the scientists from the previous group were still there. None came to my aid, even as I could see the remorse in their faces. No matter how much I cried out for help, or protested, or screamed, none helped me.

I had no heroes. Eventually, I saved myself. And left a pile of corpses in my wake. None survived my escape. I soon learned that more often than not, the only person you can truly count on is yourself.

Or... so I thought. When I came to this world, I brought with me the assumption that no human or human-like being could be trusted. That, as always, I was to be on my own. Then I met Forest.

There are countless tragedies that occur that cannot be stopped. That no one can stop. Even I, who could lift this entire building and everyone inside it up above and teleport it all to a different location with no more than a thought, could not prevent this from happening. Forest's intentions are quite good, but she is not invincible, nor perfect. None are. Not even those you humans refer to as heroes.

I know you need an outlet for your grief, for your anger. But directing that anger at Forest, who has done nothing to harm you, who still even now cares for you, will solve nothing. Direct that rage instead at your enemies, those who would harm you and those who you hold dear. Have them suffer instead. Take advantage of your newfound strength as a vampire and make them pay the price instead.

I sense that you have strength within you. What you have suffered through this night will not be easy to bear. But you must be strong. For your sister's sake, and for those who have also fallen, you cannot let this defeat you. You must fight. This path will not be an easy one, but you must persevere. As those who have suffered, it is all we can do. For to give up to the anguish is to admit defeat.

So then, tell me. Will you fight?

Nessa broke eye contact. With a long sigh. The tirade had been longer than expected.

"Alright, alright. You don't have to put so much emphasis on it. Dang, you talk so much I don't even remember half of it."

She gave Tom an amused look. The guy had been over-dramatic in his approach but that's also why it felt genuine.

"Though I suppose I understood the general idea."

Still, it was difficult to admit but, he was right on numerous points. One in particular. She owed her sister something. She had to find a way to live on. For Isa.

Nessa looked at Forest. She had to apologize. A challenge in itself, especially when she rarely even considered it. She looked at Tom.

Can you make it so that she can hear me? Oh, and don't listen. Girl's talk.

She eyed Forest for a second before, well, 'thinking'.

Whatever happened to my sister tonight is on me. It was my responsibility from the beginning. I just did a poor job at it.

She scratched her head, in an uneasy manner.

It's just... I had it wrong, Forest. Look, I'm sorry. It's just that I saw you as someone who could do anything. So, because of  this misconception, I had unreasonable expectations of you. This town is so screwed up and I just forgot that there is probably no real safe place around. Probably had to do with how welcoming you've been with us, but for a moment, I was oblivious of the danger. I'm really grateful for trying to protect us though. But, even if I'm still a kid, I can't be selfish anymore and wait for others to shield me. That's why, I'm sorry. I put too much weight on your shoulders, I realize that now. I know it will not change the fact that I have been unfair to you, but I mean it. I'm not expecting forgiveness nor do I think there's room for it. Just don't blame yourself over Isa.

The girl had a grimace.

She would have hit me pretty hard for what I said earlier.

Looking at her feet, she continued, this time aloud since it didn't concern only the Landlady.

"Isa told me, how much support and concern you guys expressed for her. She was truly happy to have met you. To be honest, I was a bit jealous. Your group had been there for her in my stead. Thanks to that. She could fall asleep peacefully like usual in spite of what had happened with the werewolves. She told me she considered you as precious friends and I could tell she was grateful. I even saw her smile in her sleep. When I watched her, I told myself that you had already saved her. The events of tonight won't change that. I know that she wanted to be closer to you. She even asked me to help in preparing a party for everyone as thanks. 'You have to express your gratitude properly.' I told her that it was kinda lame but she wouldn't listen... She was the kind to worry over such little things.

That's why I have a request. If you are to remember Isa. Do it with a smile. Don't grief over her departure. Otherwise, she would never cease to worry for you all. She'll be fine by herself, I know she will. My little sister's tough like that."

She still had to take care of the body but, for now, she couldn't even stand any longer. At her limits, she finally sat by Jack's side and turned to Tom. Smiling impishly, she decided to poke fun at him. After all, he had been the one to deliver a sermon. She had to somehow pay him back for it.

"Now, Kitty-kun was it? While I wait for my Sire to get back in shape as he drains your vital essence, what about you tell me why I can smell lavender coming from you."

Ambiguous_Ayakashi

• A Tree.
  • Data Fragment
  • A random passerby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 26, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
Uchiten

That was when a most fortunate coincidence happened which made him glad to have waited at his leisure, if only for the momentary sight of it.

The beautiful and composed woman who joined them in the delightful establishment caught his attention the moment she walked in. As she stopped at the passage of Wanderer, in turn did Uchiten pause at her form. She was.... familiar.

Not familiar in the way she reminded him of someone or you found a person on the street and remembered you had seen their face before, but in a more pertinent way than that. She looked human despite her beauty, but her presence unmistakably gave her away, to Uchiten at least. Her aura had the distinct tell of an Onmyo practitioner about it, but even more than that, it seeped of yokai energy. There was no feature about her that he could specifically recognize, but the air about her was the same as something he couldn't quite place.

He felt a little tug at his mind, and turned his attention to the link between him and his Shikigami. One of his Kitsune was excitedly calling him through it, sending the same expression over and over again.

'Fox spirit, fox spirit!'

He allowed himself to blink behind his dark glasses, and observed the woman walk up to the bartender with growing curiosity.

Lecherous stares were something that Caster could handle with ease. Heck, she took these as a compliment, for if every living being desired her body, her Young Master would only be more honored and graced in having at his disposition, and his only, Misukumep, the beauty that none could surpass!~

The stare of this man in black though was quite different. It didn't help that to Caster, he had an ominous, somewhat familiar feeling. In fact, he felt like a certain 'Dark Studmon Seimei'... only that the man's aura was even darker.

Caster threw an annoyed glance at him, somewhat unsettled by the smile drawn on his lips. He seemed quite happy at any rate... maybe too happy.

Yes, too happy for Caster to have a serene peace of mind, and also, the strange fluctuations surrounding his body were too agitated to let her rest assured her that this man in black wasn't a dark spirit of sorts.

'I'd better see what this strange chap wants with me before he ends up stalking me. I really don't like him, and him finding out where the Young Master and I live would be problematic...'

Caster slowly took a few steps towards the man in black with red shades, shopping bags swinging lightly in her hands.

"Is it that I know you somehow, mister Red Shades... or are you just happy to see me?" Caster asked tongue-in-cheek once she was next to him, tilting forwards as she began the second part of her question. The young woman closed the distance mostly because she wanted to have a closer look at this weirdo, and well, that is what she got.

This person definitely smelled the same as some sort of living curse -- there was anything but proper 'life' that was flowing out of his body, rather, it felt quite dead.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:58:26 PM by Ambiguous_Ayakashi »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 26, 2014, 03:52:03 PM »
Uchiten

Still absent-mindedly following her with his eyes, Uchiten was not expecting the woman to unceremoniously almost get up on his face to talk to him, with a look on her face caught between suspicion and annoyance. Leaning quite a bit more to the latter however, if the sharpness in her words was anything to go by. In any event, it was anything but surprising that he too should raise the attentions of others. He wasn't particularly trying to hide his very telling presence, in the end.

In good humor, he smiled at her and responded. "Hmm, who knows. I'm not quite sure myself. Maybe I know you, maybe I don't."

Even as he spoke, his eyes dissected her aura, telling him of the power she exuded. He had been mistaken. It was not Onmyo. It was similar and might've worked like it, but her energy wasn't the same as a proper user. Onmyo was ultimately a power that encompassed much, but her signature only felt superficially the same. Instead, it was reminiscent of something baser, closer to demons and curses. And what's more, he could tell that much like him, she was primarily not of flesh, but of spirit.

How curious.

"In the way you put things, I should say I am happy to see you. But not as much as my cute shiki seems to be, miss vixen." Uchiten said after a moment of pause, leaning closer to her himself as he slowly spoke the last sentence.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 27, 2014, 01:04:07 AM »
Jack

"Uh, Tomcat... you sure you want to do this? I'm going to need a fucking shitload of it, then top off my tank just to be safe. It's going to take a while." I warned him... but didn't wait for him to deny me a chance at blood.

Grasping the hand, I could hear where the veins were, where to bite, how to bite, all these little little whispers of instinct - and I listened. My fangs bit down into the flesh of his arm, the Kiss applying itself to dull the pain, as I was seeking the pipeline. And I drank. The first priority was patching up the most severe damage to my body, namely my spine and chest. Vitae was surged through my veins and consumed, as flesh knit itself back together, bones cracked back into place, and assorted injuries healed themselves up. I wasn't fully patched up - I'd repaired most of the external damage, my internal organs were a mess for the most part  - but it was more than enough that I could heal over time without too much more feeding. The amount of blood I'd taken here would have likely killed anyone else.

Actually, it would have been enough to kill several people. His blood wasn't as, well, nourishing, as human blood to me, but it was still blood. I needed more of it than he could likely safely provide. God damn, I felt horrible as I wiped some flecks of blood off my mouth as I pulled away. This wasn't what I'd wanted.

"Hey, girl. We'll be going somewhere else for this next bit. Some things ain't for polite company to see or hear."