Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182725 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1635 on: April 11, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »
Gwyllt

At hearing the man speak up some distance away, Gwyllt's mount came down to the ground, and he lowered his sword. His burning gaze settled over the man as he turned to face him quietly.

At doing so, he saw, he heard, he felt, past the man's looks and into his soul. And he did not like what he found. If Tan Gwyllt had a face, he would've scowled, but the rippling of the flames in his helm seemed to produce the same effect in its features of metal.

"That is the point, you thoughtless joint. You seem to know only of one war. But every wrongness in the world invites such gore." he responded.

His maw flared out in a disapproving puff of flame and smoke, and he spoke again.

"And deserves it."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 11, 2014, 06:20:17 PM »
Gwyllt

At hearing the man speak up some distance away, Gwyllt's mount came down to the ground, and he lowered his sword. His burning gaze settled over the man as he turned to face him quietly.

At doing so, he saw, he heard, he felt, past the man's looks and into his soul. And he did not like what he found. If Tan Gwyllt had a face, he would've scowled, but the rippling of the flames in his helm seemed to produce the same effect in its features of metal.

"That is the point, you thoughtless joint. You seem to know only of one war. But every wrongness in the world invites such gore." he responded.

His maw flared out in a disapproving puff of flame and smoke, and he spoke again.

"And deserves it."

Neo

"Ha ha, yeah." Neo agreed. "But you hit the spot, Johnny Blaze. Yo' right. I only know of one war..." He then paused for a moment to puff some more cigarette smoke. "...Because they're all the same to me. I was in Europe shooting pointy-hatted Krauts in the trenches, I was leapfrogging in the Pacific to shoot those motherfucking Jap retards and I was in 'Nam hunting Charlie Gooks. The shit I did back in my 'Merica might not count as 'wars', but sure as fuck that they were like wars to me. I mean, it's easy to sum up how wars work: Two sides who have giant hateboners and endurin' butthurt at each other wave their dongs 'round and flex their pythons, their guns. Then the first one who gets wrecked or turns into a faggot loses." He then briefly takes out the cigarette from his mouth to puff smoke and flick away the burnt tobacco from its tip. "In other words, the only reason you think you are the good guy here is because the huge-ass congregation of retards they call as 'society' backs you up. If it so happened that society thinks those motherfuckers you iced there are right or doing nothing wrong, you'll be the monster in this shitty story."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:27:53 PM by Ivan The Mouse »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 12, 2014, 01:35:00 AM »
Gwyllt

Stalking closer to the man, the flame of Tan Gwyllt's sword dimmed along the light inside his helm, growing colder not in power, but in appearance.

"Calling me good? To be such, were that I could." He began, with a tone more restrained than he had so far used with this person. Then his voice twisted, bellowing from deeper within his armor with a dark crackling.

"I am a demon. Made of the darker things of man. I know where the evil in human nature is, and I dislike it. To those in my grasp who think they can escape their dues, I shall deliver punishment they deserve." He said, and an arm rose to point at Neo. "You spout excuses. Regardless of who wins, or what society accepts for its own convenience, wrong does not cease being wrong. Because something that hurts people is allowed once without consequence by fate, it does not justify another occurrence."

His steed huffed, letting out a swirm of black smoke as its hoove smacked against the ground once.

"I will not accept it. I shall take it into my hands, because I am a monster that dislikes monsters and likes peace. That is all there is to it." he spoke, his fel fire growing strong again as he finished, tone lifting into a sort of dark amusement.

His sword was raised in the direction of his conversational partner.

"Because I found them wicked, I burned that place and those men. And you, feel just the same as them."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 12, 2014, 02:25:12 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera
"You spout excuses. Regardless of who wins, or what society accepts for its own convenience, wrong does not cease being wrong. Because something that hurts people is allowed once without consequence by fate, it does not justify another occurrence."[/glow]

His steed huffed, letting out a swirm of black smoke as its hoove smacked against the ground once.

"I will not accept it. I shall take it into my hands, because I am a monster that dislikes monsters and likes peace. That is all there is to it." he spoke, his fel fire growing strong again as he finished, tone lifting into a sort of dark amusement.

His sword was raised in the direction of his conversational partner.

"Because I found them wicked, I burned that place and those men. And you, feel just the same as them."
Walking through the flames that followed Gwyllt and his steed, Lycodrake's draconian gaze fell upon Neo and the wingless one walked upon his talons to stand next to his second new companion. His feet were stained with blood and gore, but he staved off the desire to retch out his recent meal in favor of addressing the stranger. "I share my companion's thoughts in this matter and wonder what you are doing here. Are you an ally of these who trade in pain and suffering for personal gain?"

Lycodrake knew well his adamance on this subject. Ares or Mars, whatever name the bloodthirsty sibling god to his matron goddess took, the name didn't matter; those like him are those that he hates from the deepest part of his being.  "More importantly, let me present a question to you, stranger: why do you fight? To protect or destroy? Do you enjoy seeing the blood of ally and foe upon the battlefield? Or do you fight on to protect that which or those whom you care about? Because I do not tolerate the bloodthirsty. Though I may be seen as a monster, a beast, and a creature of destruction for being a dragon, do not test my desire to protect the innocent." He allowed himself a rare smile, full of bone-breaking, skin-, muscle- and tendon-tearing teeth, "because I am proactive in doing so. So I ask again: why do you stand before us? Please let us know your intentions."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:28:58 AM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 12, 2014, 06:33:58 AM »
Neo

After being lectured by the burning horseman and being asked by the dragon about his intentions, Neo then puffed more smoke and said, "I was gonna say that I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all out of gum, but I'd rather smoke weed right now and play Contra. On weed. What I'm after at, right now, is to figure out where the fuck are we and observe shit happening because we just arrived here via tugboat and have no damn idea about what's happenin' or why we here, yo'. So my mission right now is fuckin' reconnaissance or somethin' close like that. I just went here because something's burnin' and most of the time, when something like that goes down, it's interesting shit. Damn right am I, huh?"

"But, to address the questions you have given to me, gentlemen..." He said in a perfect General British accent, before switching back to his General American accent. "Yeah, I'm fucking bad, if you can call it like that. I used to kill people for fun and moolah, before it came to me that I should be fuckin' doing something more in my life than killing people for shallow shit like that. I am bloodthirsty, if you can call it that, so I got a job that's gives my hobby a point other than because I wanted to and my sideline is growing and selling weed. So, yeah, I'm a 'handyman' for someone and I sell weed. What mo' can ya' ask fo'?"

He puffed more smoke and went on, "As for Ghost Rider's violent reactions here, I have to call bullshit on some things you fucking said. If something that hurts people is evil, what is your stand on BDSM? It's people hurting each other with consent to get their booty calls. On smoking? If ain't so fucking obvious, I'm a smoker and I know it could fuck you up in the lungs. On getting drunk as fuck? It fucks up your liver and mind, go ask my boss. On smoking weed? Science has proven already that it ain't addictive, yo. On doing hard coke, heroin or shit like that? We all know what can do, addictive as fuck. On Orwellian surveillance? It doesn't harm anyone directly. I mean, they say 'you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide'. On War? I like fighting wars, but we all know nobody else who is considered 'sane' or some bullshit like that likes it. But it's legal. On euthanasia? I mean, he might be a useless piece of shit right now, but he's still alive right? On littering? Many people litter, and pollution can kill everyone, man. And fucking heavy industries do it the worst. On famine? Usually no one causes famine, maybe except failed crops or fucking economics. So what, are you gonna kill nature? You gonna bring down the capitalist system? More so, what can you do actually do?"

Neo was about to puff some more smoke when he noticed that his cigarette was all consumed. So he threw away the butt and went on, "And to quote the Jelly Bean Man, President Alzheimer's Reagan, 'There's no argument over the choice of peace and war, but there is only one guaranteed way you can have peace — and you can have it in the next second — surrender.' We all know that you'll never fuckin' run out of people to punish, much less will you have your 'peace' as long as you live, because you seem to live forever, Johnny. So, if you're a monster that loves peace, why keep on chasing people you don't like? If you love peace so much, why don't you just sit down, take a sip of tea and have a Chinese meat bun?"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:50:12 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 12, 2014, 03:46:15 PM »
Gwyllt

If the matter was anything less serious to him, Gwyllt would've scoffed at this shameless bastard.

"You mistake simple pain for harm, hooligan. I have no business with those that choose to deal themselves pain, for whatever reason. But those that work to harm others for their own enjoyment or selfish reasons, those that trample on balance without justification, and those that commit atrocities of whatever kind on their fellow man; all of them I hate. You seem to enjoy defending yourself with vague examples and little things people do not often think about. There are many choices in the world that are neither good nor evil. But intent is what sets things apart. I know of what kind yours has always been, wicked one."

The blazing sword was leveled at neck height of the man as he spoke and drew closer.

"I can't change all that is wrong about the world. But I will not ignore what I come across, even if only for myself and myself alone."
He snarled out. "But to answer your final question: because I could not enjoy peace knowing there are those who besmirch it for others with a smile on their face."

He pulled back his sword arm, fire dancing out of the weapon, before he finished his speech. "Like you."

And he swung it at the man's head with a wave of green fiery death.

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 13, 2014, 06:11:33 AM »
Neo

Neo then quickly dodged away the blazing swing of the horseman's sword. He then stepped back, which a smug smile on his face and said "See? You got nothing to defend yo'self anymo' from my words, nigga. So, you get mad, and you use force. Just like a motherfucking idiot who can't get his way so he shakes up other people to get him big bucks. Did that once, ya' kno'? Do you really want to fuckin' prove that good, whatever the fuck it is, is dumb and only has force to back it up, Johnny? I ain't even attackin' once but then you go swingin' your sword and shit."

He then went on, "I think you fuckin' misunderstood what I said last time, dude. Many of the examples I've given: They're all considered harmful, take note, harmful not just to the self, but to people as a whole. Just because yo' ain't doin' some good ol' wholesale massacre doesn't give ya' a blank check to shit up the river for your business. And it's worse if you're indifferent to it, no one's gonna poison the river for the lulz, man. That's a more subtle massacre and science proves it. And yet, no one really cares about that shit. And then you said that every example I gave was vague and just little things people don't think about. It only proves two things: First, it's like you admitted that morality is vague as fuck. Second, it's you saying that as long as people don't think about it, as long as people don't care, it's free fucking pass. It's so fucking contradictory to what said, that your morality ain't connected to society."

"And yeah, you can't ignore shit happening to the world, you can't enjoy peace without thinking about 'evil' or any sort of faggotry like that, then you can't say you love peace. So it's either you have a job for eternity or just go sip some Jesus juice and relax, don't think about it."

"I'm an immortal but Ratt said there ain't no such things as immortals, so if I hit the ground today and stay there, if only proves that you ain't got shit on what I said and therefore, you operatin' on some illogical bullshit."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:12:52 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 13, 2014, 06:24:05 AM »
Rider landed on the rooftop next to Archer just as Angel and Gabriel completed their attacks. Unfortunately, she could see that they were unlikely to have much success. The golem seemed to have improvised a weapon of its own to block Angel's sword, and Gabriel's well-intentioned attempt to use his magic-nulling ability to destroy the golem had only resulted in him tearing off the golem's "head" to no real effect. Meanwhile, the golem swung its other hand back to attack the two people stood behind it.

Rider pondered the situation for a moment. How should she attack the golem? It was clear that attacking all the floating pieces that made the golem up was not going to do much, but something had to be controlling the golem, and there surely had to be some way of harming it.

Ah, of course, if it's a magical construct then it must surely have a spiritual core. If we destroy that, we kill the golem.

Rider, of course, was well aware of how magical constructs worked. After all, despite her human-like appearance and, even, her emulation of human bodily functions, she was in reality nothing more than a magical construct, just like the golem. Her body was simply a container for her magical core, to allow her to interact with the world. Damaging it was meaningless, just like for the golem. To kill her you had to attack her spiritual core, her brain and her heart.

Of course, the golem didn't have a brain, but it still surely had to have some sort of core to hold the soul that was controlling it, and that core would logically be hidden in the centre of the golem. So, that is where they needed to attack. And, whilst it was clearly quite powerful, it only had two hands. It couldn't defend against attacks from all angles. If she went for the core now, it would be defenceless.

Before she could attack, though, she sensed a powerful orb of magic heading in her direction. Turning around, she noticed Ryoko transformed into a magical girl holding onto Ruby, and several orbs heading towards the golem. The first, faster one was heading for the gun arm, whilst the second, somewhat slower orb was clearly heading straight for the monster's core.

Hmm, she worked that out pretty quick. She really is a smart girl.

Thinking quickly, Rider threw her nail at the arm, intending to pierce it and then manouver it into the path of the oncoming attack as best as she could. Then, once the first orb had reached the golem, she crouched, preparing for a further attack. Just as the second orb approached, Rider jumped out of the way, throwing her second nail at the golem's core as she did.

"Everyone, hit the spiritual core, in the centre. That's the best way to kill it", she shouted as she jumped.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 13, 2014, 08:48:43 AM »
Alter raised an eyebrow and sighed inwardly, despite successfully finding shelter she had nothing to do. Consequently it was no wonder she found her feet heading for the stairs. Ascending she looked around and finding nothing beyond the trappings of an ordinary house sighed again. Further investigation however turned up the two bodies, untouched thanks to spell cast.

'Hmmm, perhaps I am not so safe, for the time being I shall conduct myself in the manner I had without the curse, if it turns out I am right I can leave, or kill them as the case maybe' she thought nodding to herself.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 13, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
Neo

Neo then quickly dodged away the blazing swing of the horseman's sword. He then stepped back, which a smug smile on his face and said "See? You got nothing to defend yo'self anymo' from my words, nigga. So, you get mad, and you use force. Just like a motherfucking idiot who can't get his way so he shakes up other people to get him big bucks. Did that once, ya' kno'? Do you really want to fuckin' prove that good, whatever the fuck it is, is dumb and only has force to back it up, Johnny? I ain't even attackin' once but then you go swingin' your sword and shit."

He then went on, "I think you fuckin' misunderstood what I said last time, dude. Many of the examples I've given: They're all considered harmful, take note, harmful not just to the self, but to people as a whole. Just because yo' ain't doin' some good ol' wholesale massacre doesn't give ya' a blank check to shit up the river for your business. And it's worse if you're indifferent to it, no one's gonna poison the river for the lulz, man. That's a more subtle massacre and science proves it. And yet, no one really cares about that shit. And then you said that every example I gave was vague and just little things people don't think about. It only proves two things: First, it's like you admitted that morality is vague as fuck. Second, it's you saying that as long as people don't think about it, as long as people don't care, it's free fucking pass. It's so fucking contradictory to what said, that your morality ain't connected to society."

"And yeah, you can't ignore shit happening to the world, you can't enjoy peace without thinking about 'evil' or any sort of faggotry like that, then you can't say you love peace. So it's either you have a job for eternity or just go sip some Jesus juice and relax, don't think about it."

"I'm an immortal but Ratt said there ain't no such things as immortals, so if I hit the ground today and stay there, if only proves that you ain't got shit on what I said and therefore, you operatin' on some illogical bullshit."

Gwyllt

Tan Gwyllt laughed.

"Just as my sword missed your skull, you missed my point. Ignorance does not make evil. It may make misfortune and victims, but not evil. Intent does. Willful ignorance, when born simply out of a desire to protect yourself from the darker side of the world, is not evil." he said, raising his open free hand.

A mass of fel flame flared to life and inflated over it.

"You can not deny your intent in hurting others is selfish, without consideration, and without remorse. I can see it in you." the horseman said, staring into the man. "And as for your last point... I do not expect you to understand my plight, but allow me to tell you why it is so. Because of something even a demon can feel, but you seem to lack: conscience."

And as rider finished, the time for talk was over. Holding the mass of flame, his arm shot at the man. The growing fireball expanded into a wide torrent in that direction, surging forward faster than any regular human would be able to react.

BURN

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 13, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
Neo

Seeing that a wave of fire is coming his way, Neo simply covered his head with his leather jacket and jump-dived headfirst into the wave. Any fire that caught his clothes was simply extinguished by him rolling forward on the floor. He then stood up, slowly stepped back again while he said, "Yeah, really. Only intent matters, not ignorance. Doesn't matter what you didn't fuckin' do, only what you did. So if you witnessed somebody being butchered, don't speak up because you're afraid for yo' family's safety, you don't fucking care or you don't want to get bothered by pigs. Never mind that maybe, if you talk up, that's going to be fair for the poor fucker and maybe, the guy who cut his ass up will get to the slammer and get some sweet ass-pounding."

He was then dusting off his clothes when he said, "So you're saying that I can be a fat-ass businessman that dumps toxic waste every-fucking-where or an gray-hat arms dealer who sells weapons to mo'fuckin' warlords who shit everywhere and get away with it, as long as I don't care about the effects? Sweet. Never mind that ignorance is not an excuse to disobey rules, huh?"

"Also," he went on, "How can I be fuckin' accountable if I don't get why killing is bad, huh? Dad told me that it ain't really a bad thing. He also told me society can't follow it's own rules for shit, so I get a free pass to ignore them as long as I can fend of the coppers and shit."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 13, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »
Kiyoshi nodded at Connor's words.Whilst he didn't know Satoshi that well, he knew that Connor was right about his parents. They wouldn't want to worry him with their problems, just like Satoshi.

"I understand. Mummy and Daddy are like that, always protecting us without a second thought, and always trying to avoid worrying us. They don't lie to us or keep us in the dark, but they do try not to worry us when there is a problem.

And, yeah, I'd love to hear a story, thanks", he said, smiling.

Meanwhile, Kuro just continued to lie in Tsukasa's hands happily, enjoying the petting.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 13, 2014, 11:37:44 PM »
Connor nodded and tapping his chin for a moment came up with the perfect story. "Once upon a time there was a castle, and in that castle lived a group of warriors. Each one was strong but none could defeat the great beast alone" he began.

Tsukasa raised an eyebrow and Taiga visibly shifted in her chair

"The beast was fearsome, and rumored to be unstoppable. So the six decided to use the castle as their base to launch an attack" he continued pausing to wait for Kiyoshi's  response.

Alter  caught wind of the noise in the room and without  meaning to began to eavesdrop on the story.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 14, 2014, 12:16:28 AM »
Wanderer

I move quickly, the ground blurring beneath my feet as I take to the streets. I would not travel at such a speed unless there was an emergency, and it seems it is so, tonight. From what I have seen my brother, the oldest of us all, born at the start of all things, rides tonight. Earlier, I saw a rider cloaked in green flame, a trademark sign of my brother - if it is truly him, I will have no choice but to ride with him. A fight between us, of all the four, would bring this city to its knees merely from the presence of our true forms. Though I, and many others, consider myself dangerous - and rightly so - my brother is by far the most powerful of us all. The fact that he is here is not a good sign. It might even signal the start of our Ride.

At that thought my pace doubles.

The people, the few that walk the streets at this hour, become blurs to my sight, lines of color as tunnel vision takes over. Though they register my passing, they will soon forget it, I'm sure. The residents of this city are hardy people. I can scarcely see my passage effecting them- ah, I am close. I can feel it.

My feet hit the concrete and I leap with just enough force to clear the roof of the building in front of me, landing lightly on its surface. From here I see the horseman and his companion, a strange, wingless dragon. I watch as the rider unleashes a wave of flame at their enemy, a blond-haired man and self-proclaimed immortal. I seem to feel what has been described to me by Lacie as a "feeling of relief". This horseman, while he feels similar to my brothers and myself, is not one of us. In that regard, it seems that this horseman is similar to myself, a preserver of the Law.

Such a thing sounds contradictory to my nature as War, the incarnation of chaos, but as a Horseman I have duties which I cannot ignore. Something stirs within me, as I watch this demon - for I see him for what he truly is, now - continue to speak. The fire that burns within me is beginning to rise to the surface. I want to test his mettle, his resolve, his strength. As something born from us, the rider is, in a sense, an offspring of our legend. Interesting.

It is time to begin. I will not have much time to act, and so I begin to countdown inside of myself as the fire rises up, up, burning through me as I stride forwards upon the roof tiles. Flames begin to cover me, shadows writhing and merging with them, bubbling up to cover me, to expose me for what I really am. I open my mouth and laugh as the fire burns me away, burning as hot as a furnace, sparks flying up into the night air from my white-hot mouth and glowing eyes, two perfect holes against the writhing shadows of my body. I call out to the demon below me, both his companion and enemy hearing my words.

"Ho there, Rider! It seems you claim a mantle held in part by the Four!"

The laughter in my voice is bubbling through - I'm enjoying myself, as humans would understand it. I call down to the demon again, my words echoing with the crackle of a mighty flame, the heat scorching the building beneath my feet.

"I would test your mettle, Rider! Such a thing does not go unnoticed!"

I pull a sword out of thin air in front of me. It is not that sword; no, such a thing would be too much. It is merely a sword, once famed, that will serve its intended purpose for me tonight. As I touch it, it changes, blackening as flame dance along its slender edge. I walk further towards the edge of the roof. What I am about to do next will leave me with limited time - already, my presence presses down upon this city and the combatants below, a heavy, cloying thing that chokes the air with the stench of the battlefield, inciting anger and fear, calling forth the promises of glory yet bringing only death. I had forgotten the feeling of my true form; to take it again after so long feels almost liberating.

I raise my head to the sky and let out a cry of exhilaration that stirs the blood in men's hearts. There will be battle tonight, as my voice rings over the city. An answering cry calls back, and the ground beneath me begins to crack. I run forward, into the now hot night air, and jump. Beneath me, my horse, Ruin, The Red Horse of War, the reason I am known as the Red Rider, bursts forth, rising up to meet me.

For a moment, we are suspended, hanging in the air, cutting a fearful picture against the moon of a black rider atop a flaming horse. Then we are falling, and Ruin's hooves pound against the side of the building as we break into a gallop, searing the stone beneath us. We seek only to test the rider that sits opposite us, but the exhilaration of taking our true form is too great to ignore. I push Ruin forward, sword in hand, and we leap, laughing. Ruin's hooves pound into the ground and we circle around the downed opponent for a moment, before facing the rider, burning with excitement.

At this range, my presence and the heat it generates is stifling, choking down on those around us like a tangible thing. I call out to the rider before us, that same slightly mocking laughter rising through my speech.

"Perhaps you did not expect this, Rider, but it is good that you did not - challenges are at their best when unexpected."

I laugh again, beholding the form of his enemy near Ruin's feet.

"War is many things, immortal - I am many things. It is not wrong to one, but wrong to another? I have seen this conflict, and it amuses me. War is not wrong, or right - it merely exists, as you exist. War is merely a fact of life that began with Heaven and Hell. Such a thing is inescapable. Now,  personal wrong and right? That amuses me greatly. I saw the Fall, the great tragedy that befell those who marched against the Lord. Was the Morningstar wrong to rebel as he did? He desired the freedom to act as he wished... Milton was not so far from the truth, you know, but neither was he correct... Rider, prepare yourself!"

I point my sword at the demon in front of me.

"If you are in a shape to discuss afterwards, perhaps we might continue."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:45:00 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 15, 2014, 12:11:19 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera

Between the green flames, the irritating blonde immortal, and the new arrival that also spoke of war, Lycodrake was beginning to feel overwhelmed. He had come to this place at the request of someone who gave him answers and had killed wicked men in the business of dealing out pain and suffering. He was growing increasingly agitated with the blonde man, his teeth gnashing together and only steps away from hissing and growling outright.
Neo

"Also," he went on, "How can I be fuckin' accountable if I don't get why killing is bad, huh? Dad told me that it ain't really a bad thing. He also told me society can't follow it's own rules for shit, so I get a free pass to ignore them as long as I can fend of the coppers and shit."
"You are very good at twisting the words of others, it seems. People like you I hate the most. 'I don't care about right and wrong because those are just labels society makes'? Just hearing your words and the way you speak is aggravating: it reminds me of Ares - Mars - and Enyo. I can't understand you and I certainly never want to understand them."

He turned to the new arrival, "And I certainly don't want to hear about the 'good' of wars - the only thing good about war is when it is fought to defend those you care about and those who cannot defend themselves. If you disagree, try not to make yourself out to be a fool like this one, please."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari: