Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182453 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1665 on: April 19, 2014, 08:29:23 PM »
Nessa grimaced at the sight of blood dripping on the ground. She kind of knew it would require something of the like, although her own idea involved him biting her, not the other way around. She stepped forward, uneasy and feeling sick. She still had the option to ignore him and run away. With how she was, she could still pass up as a human right? Now that it came down  to it, her determination started faltering. Nessa thought she had come prepared but it appeared she wasn't. For a long minute, she observed her own hand. What were her options anyway? Leaving and becoming a pariah? Not quite a vampire but nothing like a human anyway. She probably would end up becoming insane by herself anyway. No. She had decided to move forward. Her life was already behind her. Isa wasn't here anymore and she was left in a cruel world full of monsters and degenerate creepers. Her only chance was right here, right now. She watched Jack and nodded. With a grunt, she pushed herself forward and bit the arm with a contorted face of disgust. Making sure to lap at the open vein in order to gather the plasma and swallow. It was an important step, denying her older self in order to accept the transition which would make of her a real Kindred. After what seemed to last a long moment, she finally released Jack's wrist and watched him with a predatory look, mouth and chin covered in blood.

"Alright, what now?"
"You need to clean your face off that's what." Vitae started to seal up the wound I'd created without a second thought, flesh knitting back together. I'd need more blood sometime or other, but bleeding all over Forest's apartment wasn't my best idea I'll admit. "Then I'll show you a few of our tricks. And tell you a little more about what we are."

Letting her recover a bit before she I start getting into the nitty gritty that our type of requiem entails would probably be for the best.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 21, 2014, 01:08:23 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Neo
He then began walking towards another car right in front of the caught and stolen car. "And if you're simply concentrating on how I say shit, you're like saying you base your reactions on your fuckin' emotions." He was near the driver's door when he went on, "And I ain't forcin' shit, I'm only using my rights to call out a fool when someone's being a fool. If you get offended, ain't my fault."
Insults have an interesting effect on dragons - most often rage born from wounded ego and pride. Despite himself, the Wingless One could hold back his emotions no longer. "You have cross the line from someone I don't want to be around to someone I want to inflict muting harm upon." He paused, flexing his talons into the metal of the car, before swiping sideways - intending to bat away Neo and let loose of the car at the same time.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 21, 2014, 05:40:45 AM »
For the first time in his life PARIAH was free. Years of captivity and years of experimentation but now, in this city, he felt alive. This place was a filled with life. Filled with thousands of people an ocean of biomass. If he could consume it all there would be no limit to what he could do.  So far he had only consumed three humans but he needed more. If he was to become perfect he would need much more.

So he changed.

PARIAH could feel the biomass moving around his body; changing fingers into five long blade-like claws. The memories of the consumed told him that there was to be a gathering of humans in the building he was looking at right now. It was a small house with several windows and was filled with dozens of humans that all looked a little similar. The memories spoke to him again. They told him that these people were their family. For a second PARIAH wondered what it was like to have a family, however a cheer from within the home reminded him why he was here. He chose a single window where he could see the family of humans gather around a table. Once he was sure they all were gathered he leaped. The family didn't even have a chance to react to the sound of broken glass before PARIAH's claws tore them apart. While he tore their bodies to pieces tendrils emerged from his body and attached to the chunks of flesh. They pulled the biomass towards PARIAH and it merged perfectly with his body. Within a few moments PARIAH was left alone in a puddle of blood.

He was free but he was still alone.

Not even the additional biomass could satisfy him. He used his newly gained memories to guide him to the largest bedroom and locked the door. Then PARIAH began to look deeper in the memories of the humans he recently consume. For a single moment PARIAH experienced what it was like to have a family, but looking into the lives of those humans had awakened a much older memory. One that belonged to him. Of a person who was different from the rest. Who was strong, fast, and smart. Someone who was just like him.
"Mother..."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 21, 2014, 12:17:45 PM »
JoJo

A flash of light.

In a back alley of a some metropolis, a large musclebound man in his 30s, with a beard and wearing glasses, just popped out of the thin air and landed in a dumpster. ''Ow, ow, ow!" he grumbled, rubbing his head after he jumped out of the dumpster. "Why such things always happen to me. But, it worked!" he roared out in delight, only to notice smoke coming out of the belt he was wearing. His enthusiasm waned. "Aw shit, the device got fried! How I am supposed to go back to my lab?" As he could not do much about it, he decided to see where he ended up.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 22, 2014, 06:15:18 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera

Insults have an interesting effect on dragons - most often rage born from wounded ego and pride. Despite himself, the Wingless One could hold back his emotions no longer. "You have cross the line from someone I don't want to be around to someone I want to inflict muting harm upon." He paused, flexing his talons into the metal of the car, before swiping sideways - intending to bat away Neo and let loose of the car at the same time.

Neo

The dragon's talon successfully hit Neo in the chest as it threw him sideways away from the car he was about to ride and hit another car right beside it, triggering it's anti-hijack alarm and wrecking one of it's side door. Neo, after hitting said car with his back, then slowly stood up, arched his back to snap back any misplaced vertebrae, and then told Lycodrake, "Okay, that's it! Ya' mo'fucking ass is getting wrecked, ya' damn lizard!" He then pulled out a round corked flask of smoke and threw in on the ground where the wingless dragon stood, making it break on impact and release the smoke, intending to envelop the dragon's head with the smoke.

Unbeknown to Lycodrake, it is a flask of vaporized marijuana.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 22, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »
Nessa obeyed Jack and was back quickly after making sure she didn't look like a freak anymore. She entered the office once again and resumed her seating, her dark blue eyes on the Sire.

"Now, show me what you can do!"

She didn't even try to hide her excitement. After all, it was supposed to be one of the redeeming features about becoming a night walker, obtaining abilities unaccessible to mere humans. And since she had lost her previous magical powers, she was eager to learn more about these 'tricks' he mentioned.

----

"Stupid girl," Kyle whispered to himself.

After the short meeting, it had been obvious Esther had summoned him for nothing. A case of leech feeding on another leech. While it puzzled the forensic, it wasn't too uncommon around these parts. Especially since Deacon Frost became a prominent personage in the vampiric community. Some cult dedicated to La Magra was said to involve some pretty immoral stuff. Rumors had it that attempts to reenact the phenomenon which made of Deacon a transcendent creature resulted in vampires being drained by their own kin. Kyle was used to it by now, in fact such 'normal' victims only served to push him deeper into boredom.

Disappointed, he decided to pass the rest of the night in some company. And the kind which doesn't talk and only serves to warm you from the inside. He stopped to take a leak in a back alley and that's about when he heard something heavy falling in a dumpster not  too far away. Looking in the same direction, he saw a tall and muscular man in his early thirties. Human, given his scent. The werewolf, facing a wall, gave the giant guy a smile.

"Fancy meeting you here," he said with a wink.

Then, he unzipped his pants and went back to his current business.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:29:22 PM by Daiki »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 22, 2014, 09:43:29 PM »
PARIAH waited several hours before leaving the empty home. No one came to investigate and he saw little point in remaining. Then there was that itch in the back of his head, the need to consume, to become more. So he ran. Running up and across buildings in order to find another group of humans.

There.

On top of an apartment building PARIAH could see them. Standing on one side of the street a group of humans waited for the cars to stop. Perfect. He dropped down from the building into an alley. He quickly moved into the center of the group pushing or moving around anyone in his way. "Hey kid, where are your parents?" PARIAH looked up towards the male human. A tendril broke the man's neck, and people began to scream. Thousands of tendrils emerged from PARIAH's body. Even while the one man was being consumed others were being killed and those that tried to escape were dragged back kicking and screaming. They ripped through flesh, shattered bones, and crushed bodies. It didn't matter if they were young, old, male, or female. PARIAH did not discriminate. On that day the City's streets ran with blood.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »
Disappointed, he decided to pass the rest of the night in some company. And the kind which doesn't talk and only serves to warm you from the inside. He stopped to take a leak in a back alley and that's about when he heard something heavy falling in a dumpster not  too far away. Looking in the same direction, he saw a tall and muscular man in his early thirties. Human, given his scent. The werewolf, facing a wall, gave the giant guy a smile.

"Fancy meeting you here," he said with a wink.

Then, he unzipped his pants and went back to his current business.

"Oi, that's not funny, you know, just pissing like that where somebody is stuck!" blurted out JoJo, his head popping out from the dumpster, and trying to wriggle out of t.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 23, 2014, 01:38:28 AM »
Downy and Co.
The Inbetween

"As Downy said, you can call me Saber." She pointed a thumb towards Mudou and Shezar. "I have to say, I am genuinely surprised that the Master is able to raise pig familiars to the point of learning them the language of men. Something worthy of praise, no doubt." Completely ignoring the men, she gave Inmity a smile. "Since we are to fight alongside, I hope we can get along, lady."

Imnity was as quiet and collected as ever, her response though curt showed every intention of friendliness. “Of course milady, I hope that our companionship in the future is a fruitful one.”

Mudou however, was about to speak up against their new-found companion when a searing glance from Downy made him shut his mouth and cross his arms in protest.

"So, Master of mine, what is the next step? I assume you would want to correct the insult your suffered at the hands of these individuals who destroyed your precious circles. Would you want us to give them chase?"

Downy then closed his eyes as he thought about something, a smile crossing his face. After another moment passed he finally spoke up. “Imnity, how much longer do we have before the time dilation meets up with this current world?”

Imnity opened the book that she held in her hand, her eyes quickly flickering through page after page as white and red complex symbols went through it. “According to my calculations we have exactly 24 days before they realign.”

“I see... Well that's quite a long time isn't it? Alright then I believe we should finish our 'business' here before then. Though I hate to split our already limited group up, after that last encounter I believe that to be the most wise of options currently. So here are my commands, generals of ruin as well as our new companion Saber... We must regroup and strengthen ourselves. Saber I want you and Imnity to go and provide us with reconnaissance. Gather as much information as possible but only attack when you are certain of the odds, we cannot afford any more missing people as I'm sure you can understand. Mudou and Shezar I want you two to go and locate our missing general, use Imnity's previous data as a starter and work from there. I'm sure you two can at least accomplish this much without killing each other. As for myself, well I shall locate us a 'proper' base of operations so as to enact a more fitting plan for the citizens of this fair city. I will alert you all once it is time to regroup again, Now go...”

Mudou's mood was only worsening after Downy's commands. “Urgh, to be stuck with this shithole, what a lousy day.”

“The same could be said to you.” While Shezar's was not fairing much better. After that and an another threatening glance from Downy the two set off, jumping straight into the blackened abyss that surrounded them.

Imnity, on the other hand was a lot calmer. She gave off a gentle smile as she held out her hand for Saber to take despite their rather large difference in size. “Shall we go? The jumps through the world between dimensions can be a little tricky at first so I recommend you hold on tight. If we are going to scout we should leave soon so as to still use what daylight remains.”

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 23, 2014, 03:18:47 AM »
Rider frowned as Angel all-but told the golem to ignore the rest of them and focus his efforts on Gabriel, who was currently attempting to peel back the golem's outer skin to reach the core underneath.

What an idiot, she thought.

Fortunately, though, the Golem didn't seem to notice.

"Do you think you can win with numbers!?" it roared as the battle started to turn against it.

The orbs hit home as expected, blasting a hole through the armour and destroying the golem's arm before, finally, Gabriel reached in and took hold of the golem's magical core. Unable to cope with his magic-nulling touch, the orb cracked apart and, without the sphere's magic to sustain it, the golem fell apart, the various pieces of scrap metal covering the rooftop where it had been standing.

Rider smiled, before changing back into her casual outfit, her blindfold being replaced by her glasses.

Wow, that was a lot easier than I'd expected

Rider looked across at Gabriel, and noticed that his hands were bloodied and twitching.

What the hell happened to him?

Then, suddenly, the phone started playing a rather mournful American-sounding song, seemingly about some outlaw who was about to be hung, before it cut out once more.

Did something survive? Or was that just its death throes?

Then, Angel spoke.

"Anyone else think it's a bad idea to pick it up?" he said.

"Why don't you find out?" said Archer, smirking.

"Well, I don't see why it would cause a problem, and I think it's better that we grab the thing", added Rider.

Meanwhile, Gabriel and Angel were discussing the damage to his hands.

Gabriel is Fae?

Rider didn't have any personal knowledge of the Fae, since they were not a part of the Greek mythology to which she belonged, but she had researched into them, so she knew about their strengths and weaknesses. Although, given that they were magical beings, having one who nullified magic was rather odd....

Then, suddenly, she heard a shout come from behind her.

"We did it! That walking scrap heap ain't walkin' no more!"

Rider chuckled as she turned around to see the extremely-sexy magical girl pumping her arm in the air in celebration as she flew towards them. Rider kept her eyes on the girl as she landed on the rooftop beside them and spoke.

"So, how's everyone doin'?" she asked.

"Could be worse", answered the girl's father, whilst Gabriel responded by showing his hands.

"Just great, thanks. I'm glad the golem isn't a threat to Kiyoshi any more", Rider said, trying not to stare at the very attractive girl in the magical girl uniform.

Although, I definitely wouldn't say no to a 'prana infusion', she thought, grinning, the presense of the girl's father preventing Rider vocalising her intentions towards Ryoko.

For a moment, Rider wondered if Ryoko could heal Gabriel's hands, but it seemed unlikely given his anti-magic abilities.

"Hmm, I would suggest you try to heal his hands, but his anti-magic ability means it is unlikely to work", she said.

Then, she turned to Gabriel.

"So, you're a Fairie? I've read about your kind, but I've never met one before. But, I thought Fae were magical creatures, yet you have some kind of anti-magic ability. How does that work?"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:26:01 PM by Cherry Lover »

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 23, 2014, 04:51:18 AM »
"Hey, monster!"

The streets cracked. A mass of tentacles that had been shooting for a group of innocent bystanders was sliced into bits and then incinerated by an instrument of violence great enough to make Excalibur itself pale in comparison.

An Axe fell to the ground, and a man picked it up. But not just any man.

No, this man was the only Axe Cop there ever was.

"Listen up, kid," Axe Cop said, brandishing his axe threateningly. "You can't have more than 43 tentacles at one time. It's the law." It was the law because as soon as someone has 44 tentacles, they turn Evil. Not normal Evil like a giant squid, but Super Evil. The kid that was eating people had way more than 44 tentacles. "Now get rid of those tentacles and barf up those people you ate, or I'll chop your head off!"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 23, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »
"Hey, monster!"

PARIAH raised his head. He winced in pain after the tendrils were destroyed and gazed upon his attacker. It was a police officer with an axe. This... Axe Cop had managed to harm him. Overall the damage was practically nothing but it still hurt.

"Listen up, kid.""You can't have more than 43 tentacles at one time. It's the law."

PARIAH was no longer paying attention to the human's voice. Biomass shifted and his arms changed into tendrils and his hands into blades.

"Now get rid of those tentacles and barf up those people you ate, or I'll chop your head off!"

PARIAH swung his arms. One towards the regular humans and another towards the Axe Cop. Even though they were too far away to reach he just pushed more and more biomass in until the arms were long enough to strike the people. No matter how strong the officer couldn't protect the humans and himself. Upon impact he would manipulate the biomass of the blade and make it grow spikes. It would allow him to pull one of the civilians over to him for consumption or tear apart the insides of the police officer. Either way PARIAH would gain an advantage in either drawing first blood or consuming enough biomass to more than make up for the tendrils.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:54:47 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1677 on: April 23, 2014, 02:34:27 PM »
Sitting atop an apartment complex, two slit blue eyes belonging to the hero Karna took in every detail visible for miles as he wolfed down a takeaway box of curry and rice he had purchased from a street vendor. He could not discern the reason why he was in this peculiar realm, a modern metropolis where vile creatures like werebeasts, Vetala* and demons roamed the streets. Perhaps this was another prank played by the Lord Krishna, as another way to torment Karna far past his demise? It mattered little to him. All that mattered was that he was alive, and could once again enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Although Karna enjoyed spending time with his father in the Deva realm, a life in a world where his previous burdens were nonexistant wasn't bad either. The renewed mortal urge for sustenance had surprised Karna when he had first arrived in this foreign realm he had since found out went by the name "Nexus City", it was not a bad urge, and the joy of intaking good foods was one he had not experience for many years.

Of course, the true joy of being reincarnated in this realm was one that was entirely different than the one he was partaking in currently.

Alive again, he could participate in the bloodbath that was this city. For the first time in millenia, he could finally take part in the great sport of battle once again. His skills had not dulled in the slightest, and hundreds of interesting combatants roamed and fought in broad daylight. Very few of the warriors within the range of his senses could truly test his mettle, but that did not matter. What mattered was not the result, merely the battle itself.

With the tiniest movement of the side of his mouth indicating a smirk, Karna put down the now-empty cardboard food container, wiping both foodstains and the smirk from his own face, and leapt dozens of meters into the air, landing on the adjacent rooftop on the other side of the vast street. Dozens of hops followed as Karna began to close in on the first target on the edge of his vision, that of a disturbing child attacking an axe-wielding police officer trying to protect the peace with it's fleshy tentacles.

As he landed on a nearby rooftop, Karna manifested his bow and cocking a quartet of bright white arrows, he took aim.

'So it begins'...

*Vetala are evil blood-sucking spirits of hindu myth who haunted cemeteries and possessed bodies. Similar in reputation to modern vampires.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:44:49 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 23, 2014, 08:44:42 PM »
PARIAH swung his arms. One towards the regular humans and another towards the Axe Cop. Even though they were too far away to reach he just pushed more and more biomass in until the arms were long enough to strike the people. No matter how strong the officer couldn't protect the humans and himself. Upon impact he would manipulate the biomass of the blade and make it grow spikes. It would allow him to pull one of the civilians over to him for consumption or tear apart the insides of the police officer. Either way PARIAH would gain an advantage in either drawing first blood or consuming enough biomass to more than make up for the tendrils.

Suddenly PARIAH pulled back. His whips had yet to reach the police officer or any civilians but he stopped regardless.

There.

On a rooftop a human in a strange outfit had a bow aimed at him. Even if the shot connected PARIAH wouldn't be wounded, but something felt strange. The archer almost seemed to radiate an aura of power and that made PARIAH wary. So he raised his left arm and shifted it into a shield. Then his right arm warped into an enormous blade. One of the most deadly weapons he could use against a single target. Slower than the claws but it made up for the lack of speed with extreme cutting power. PARIAH charged without a word.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1679 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
A bored but piercing look on his face, Karna observed as the peculiar child retracted it's fleshy appendages and charged his way, now arming itself with a shield of hardened flesh and a blade of the same material, sharpened like a sword. While one could praise the creature for having supreme predatory instincts, Karna could see past that. Behind the innocent mask of a child and the ferocity of a wild beast laid a sharp mind. It did not truly matter to the gold-and-black clad warrior. The remaining pedestrians had cleared out, and Karna could now cut loose.

The four arrows, now coated in an explosive layer of fiery prana, were let loose, and were instantly joined by another two dozen, as Karna lept into the street.

'This should prove most interesting', Karna thought as he unleashed fiery hell upon the interesting creature.