Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182725 times)

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1710 on: April 28, 2014, 04:19:49 AM »
The Golden King's face darkened as the Son of the Sun God shot down his treasures, moving so fast that a normal human would not even think that his bow was moving. Though Karna was an archer without equal, even he had not been able to fully deflect the might of the King, and numerous cuts and wounds adorned his body. It was not enough to truly harm him, as Gilgamesh knew. He watched as the Noble Phantasms that Karna deflected crash into the streets, exploding with great force or causing some other form of damage. Several buildings were reduced to rubble as the King and the Demi-God fired upon each other, both solely focused on the blasphemy that the other had committed.

"Now THIS is what I've been searching for, King of Heroes!"

Gilgamesh bared his teeth in response to Karna's grin. Even though the King felt overwhelming rage, he could also not help feeling a tinge of enjoyment. Rarely did a battle last much longer than several seconds in this day and age, with the frailty of modern humans preferring a court to a field of combat. Below him, as Karna endured the barrage of treasures, the Son of Surya began to chant.

I condemn my target to a painful death with this Invocation.

मैं इस मंगलाचरण के साथ एक दर्दनाक मौत के लिए मेरा लक्ष्य निंदा करते हैं.

In this arrow I call forth the wrath of the mighty Naga

इस तीर में मैं शक्तिशाली नागा के प्रकोप आगे कॉल. यह सच है कि मेरे प्रतिद्वंद्वी हड़ताल.

May it strike my opponent true and throw him to the ground

और उसे भूमि पर फेंक कर सकते हैं

Gilgamesh, who saw more than both Gods and Men, understood what was happening instantly. Fully baring his teeth in what could almost be called a grin, The King of Heroes raised his hand, nine more weapons appearing through the Gate of Babylon. Something about them, their bearing and countenance, marked them as even higher quality than the Noble Phantasms that came before. Among their number stood Durandal, the Peerless Sword, and Merodach, the Original Sin from which both Caliburn and Gram were drawn.

As Karna leapt into the air, pulling back on his mighty bow, Gilgamesh snapped his fingers in one fast, smooth movement.

"NAGASTRA!"

Nine Noble Phantasms shot forward, each aimed at an angle that ensured they would hit the arrow at the same time. In an instant's time, they exploded, dampening some of the Astra's force but not stopping it's momentum. As Durandal the Unbreakable Sword spun past his face Gilgamesh unleashed multiple shields stacked behind each other, each carrying stopping power that the Nagastra punched straight through, losing momentum and power each time.

Finally, as the powerful arrow honed in on Gilgamesh, He Who Surpasses All Other Kings reared back his fist and punched with strength that could shatter mountains. The Astra was instantly destroyed, causing enough damage to Vimana to cause it to falter once, twice, then fall.

Dismissing his ark, the King of Heroes fell, only to be stopped by the hilt of a massive sword rising from one of the golden pools of the Gate of Babylon. Landing perfectly balanced on one foot, the King looked at Karna, hanging in the air. For that moment, they were level with each other, and as their eyes connected Gilgamesh raised his hands to either side.

Hundreds upon hundreds of portals opened bearing the treasures of The Oldest King. From each a weapon emerged that could scarcely be imagined in this modern age, remnants of older times that have since long been forgotten. Gilgamesh's voice was soft when he spoke to the Demi-God before him.

"You are truly a powerful warrior, Karna, Son of Surya. I praise you for making me expend this effort."

The towering, disordered rows behind Gilgamesh could be seen from even the outskirts of the city. Gilgamesh, the first Hero, raised his hand once more.

"Defeat this with your strength if you can!" He brought his hand down, and from the Gate countless weapons were fired, a barrage that could destroy half of the city were it not focused solely on his target.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:02:49 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Brahmastra

« Reply #1711 on: April 28, 2014, 05:01:52 AM »
Karna's ever-true eyes could barely believe themselves. No man had ever stopped an Astra with sheer brute force before, and he could not help but felt impressed with what was conspiring before him. Though he had still been successful in destroying the Vimana, or at least disabling it for now, Karna's situation had scarcely improved. While his opponent no longer held the same untouchable speed, he had now summoned hundreds upon hundreds of weapons, even stronger ones than before, and they were now hailing down on him. Even if he were to use his shield, he would not last long against the infinite barrage.

Running into a side alley of the vast street he was in, Karna held his head low as the weapons merely began to tear through the buildings around him. A handful of the golden objects struck true, but in the bigger picture Karna was suffering no major injuries. Even the smaller gashes he had suffered just minutes ago were starting to patch themselves together.

Karna could only find one answer to fix his current situation.

He would have to go all out.

It was still high noon, where his father could support him to the greatest of his potential, and Karna considered himself truly fortunate to be able to fight on his own terms. His chariot would do him no good in the crammed city center, so there was only one option left.

With that, Karna's cape formed into the shape of two massive fiery wings, resembling those of a majestic Phoenix. Feeling the rush of being able to truly fly again, Karna soared into the sky with his bow drawn once again, firing arrows at the weapons that came too close for comfort. Now given another dimension to move in and massively enhanced speed, Karna sped across the skies, his bloodthirsty smirk now perpetually glued to his face. If his opponent could deflect even a directed Astra, Karna would simply have to provide the King of Heroes with an even bigger challenge.

There was no turning back. An arrow with a rock for a head manifested in Karna's right hand. Karna flew backwards at full speed now, aiming towards the sky above the King of Heroes. There were now four kilometers between the two golden visages.

Unlike the previous Astra, there was no lyrical incantation, only a single, harsh command given by the grinning pale man.

"पड़ना!"

"FALL!"

"PARVATASTRA!"

The sky turned dark, the sun was blotted out and all the cards were now played as a mountain, one the size of the Japanese Fuji itself, descended upon the King of Heroes from the skies.

'Let us see how you handle this, O Golden King!'
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:01:49 PM by Brahmastra »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 29, 2014, 03:02:28 PM »
Gilgamesh watched as his opponent wisely fled from the the storm of blades that the King had unleashed. Countless buildings were reduced to rubble as the treasures of the King tore through the air, detonating with incredible force. He scanned the streets below for a sign of Karna, noting that he had ducked into one of the side allies. In an instant, forty swords penetrated the building Karna had ducked behind, reducing it to dust but missing the demi-god by a small fraction.

"Come, Son of Surya! Is this the best you can manage?"

The King of Heroes watched as Karna rose into the air on wings of flame - with a twitch of his hand, the rain of weapons ceased. Sha Nagba Imuru, the perspective of the King as both God and Man, understood what would happen hereafter in that moment. Gilgamesh leaped backwards as Karna did the same, coming to stand on the roof of a skyscraper of medium size, one that Golden Rule had built for mid-level accounting. Luckily enough for the employees, today was their day off, meaning that not a soul moved inside the building as The Golden King stood upon it.

A fierce grin adorned his face as Karna summoned an arrow with a rock for its head. The distance between them was roughly five kilometers at this point, yet the arrow of Surya's son crossed it in seconds. Aiming straight up, Gilgamesh watched it until it disappeared. The King of Heroes watched in silence as the sky slowly darkened, the air slightly cooling, as a massive mountain began to descend from the sky.

"पड़ना!"

"FALL!"

"PARVATASTRA!"

Gilgamesh stared blankly at the sky for a single second. The sheer size of the mountain that the astra had summoned could barely be believed. As it picked up speed, Gilgamesh refocused, looking up with narrowed eyes. Even as the massive creation descended upon him, the Original Hero looked surprisingly unconcerned.

"Is this the true might of the greatest of India's heroes? Is this all you can provide against me?"

A single portal of molten gold opened up above him, the tip of an ancient spear slowly emerging. It had become famous in the myths of China for its power, for inside the blade resided the strength to split mountains. With a single snap of his fingers, the spear shot forth from Gilgamesh's treasury, followed by two more, brothers of the first. They traveled the distance between Gilgamesh and the mountain in seconds, moving as fast as Karna's arrow.

With a great crash, they struck the mountain, stone fragments flying everywhere. Each of the three spears pounded into the mountain, reducing it to a fourth of its original size in an instant. Even though he could have reduced it to dust, Gilgamesh dismissed his treasury. The King looked up at the smaller mountain as it fell, headed straight for him. He bared his teeth once more and roared.

"YOU INSULT ME, KARNA! IF I COULD NOT HANDLE SUCH A THING," The mountain fell even faster, almost upon him. "I WOULD NOT BE KING!"

The mountain fell with a crash, sending clouds of dust into the air as it crushed the floors of the building below it. Ripping through each of the floors, it looked like it would destroy the building in its entirety.

But then, unbelievably, it slowed to a halt.

"GRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

The roar of the King could be heard as the mountain was lifted into the air by the unmatched strength of the King. Taking three steps, The King of All Heroes hurled the remnants of the mountain straight at the Son of Surya.

"KAAAAAARRRRRNNNNNAAAAAA!"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:35:51 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 29, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
Saber gestured for Imnity to follow and approached the apparently weakened dragon kind. For some reasons, it seemed in a lethargic or weakened state. The fact that it underwent a reduced form and collapsed told as much.

Mordred kneeled, her green eyes examining the creature with interest and curiosity. In a childish manner, she poked the dragon's snout.

"How are you feeling, Wingless One," she asked.

---

"It's not Georgia, no. This is the Nexus. A place which seems to link different worlds."

He gave the man an emphatic look.

"And before you ask, no, I don't know the way back to your turf. There's a reason I had to earn a living in this dump."

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:29:41 PM by Daiki »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 29, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Saber gestured for Imnity to follow and approached the apparently weakened dragon kind. For some reasons, it seemed in a lethargic or weakened state. The fact that it underwent a reduced form and collapsed told as much.

Mordred kneeled, her green eyes examining the creature with interest and curiosity. In a childish manner, she poked the dragon's snout.

"How are you feeling, Wingless One," she asked.
"I feel as though someone cut loose the strings of a puppet." He knew he must look pitiful, a blow to his draconic pride. Everything seemed to exist in a fog around him and the unwanted relaxation annoyed him, but these two had nothing to do with it - he was not going to direct his grievances towards these two. "I thank you for your concern; it does my heart good to see it and that not all humans are terrified of me in this strange city. My name is Lycodrake Aptera."

He studied the blonde, green-eyed human and her red-eyed companion. "Though, I sense you are not normal humans, unlike those I encountered before. Whereas they felt like this city, the two of you do not. Nor do you act as though you have never seen a dragon. Have you perhaps past experience in dealing with my kind?"
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 29, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »
Nessa obeyed Jack and was back quickly after making sure she didn't look like a freak anymore. She entered the office once again and resumed her seating, her dark blue eyes on the Sire.

"Now, show me what you can do!"

She didn't even try to hide her excitement. After all, it was supposed to be one of the redeeming features about becoming a night walker, obtaining abilities unaccessible to mere humans. And since she had lost her previous magical powers, she was eager to learn more about these 'tricks' he mentioned.

"...Fuck no. That'll spend blood I need for other things at the moment." I adjusted my stance slightly, to lean against the wall. "Besides, what I can do isn't as important as what you can do right off the bat. There's plenty of time to learn about turning into a bat and all that fun shit, but right now you need to know about the important stuff. We're Kindred, and we have three traditions. First, don't go around flaunting you're a vampire. Even here. Try to keep it on the Down Low if possible, unless you're dealing with another vampire. Second, create a vampire at your own risk. Don't be stupid and embrace anyone for love or something like that, or they'll hate your fucking guts for all of eternity." I could attest to that. Though I was the one doing the hating. "Third - don't drink another kindred dry, and with it their soul. It's fucking bad juju or whatever the kids call it these days. You'll lose yourself and start going into a spiral of repeating the same action again and again until you're nothing more than a husk only animated by our damnation."

I started to walk up and out. "Also. Welcome to Clan Gangrel. Keep calm about everything, if you don't want to flip out and go berserk."

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 29, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »
Quote from: Lycodrake
I thank you for your concern; it does my heart good to see it and that not all humans are terrified of me in this strange city.

"I can only assume people living in this era aren't used to interact with your species. Truth be told, I am not quite sure of where nor when we are actually, I only have been summoned recently myself."

My name is Lycodrake Aptera.

The knight nodded.

"I am Mordred."

No reason to hide her identity to Lycodrake, and even less to Imnity which was an ally.

Though, I sense you are not normal humans, unlike those I encountered before. Whereas they felt like this city, the two of you do not.

"And you would be right, for I am..." She stopped dead in her tracks. Saber almost spurted out 'heroic spirit'. While the term might do for someone not acquainted with her past, she thought it would be wrong to declare herself as such. Any heroic deeds she accumulated in the past felt short before the unforgivable acts she put in motion in the last months of her existence. "...a kind of familiar."

Nor do you act as though you have never seen a dragon. Have you perhaps past experience in dealing with my kind?

Mordred found herself smiling. The irony was just too much.

Oh, you have no idea.

"Something like that," she said with a wink. "Although, you are the first I ever met in person. Back in my time, most considered your kind no less than a myth."

The Servant looked around, noticing the Riders getting on, the burning factory and though she couldn't see it from where she stood, she felt the power struggle in which two overwhelming presences were engaged into.

"We probably should get you out of here. It doesn't seem safe."
----
Quote from: Jack
...Fuck no. That'll spend blood I need for other things at the moment.

"Whaaaaattt???"

The girl showed genuine disappointment in both tone and expression.

"All that build up and you aren't showing me. You're no fun, Jack."

She resigned herself with a sigh.

Besides, what I can do isn't as important as what you can do right off the bat. There's plenty of time to learn about turning into a bat and all that fun shit, but right now you need to know about the important stuff.

"But I want to know that fun shit," she mumbled to herself while crossing her arms.

Turning into a bat might be cool, though.

She wanted to complain some more but unfortunately, Jack was in instructor mode already. Feeling it would be a bad idea to interrupt, she listened carefully.

We're Kindred, and we have three traditions. First, don't go around flaunting you're a vampire. Even here. Try to keep it on the Down Low if possible, unless you're dealing with another vampire. Second, create a vampire at your own risk. Don't be stupid and embrace anyone for love or something like that, or they'll hate your fucking guts for all of eternity." I could attest to that. Though I was the one doing the hating. Third - don't drink another kindred dry, and with it their soul. It's fucking bad juju or whatever the kids call it these days. You'll lose yourself and start going into a spiral of repeating the same action again and again until you're nothing more than a husk only animated by our damnation.

"Don't reveal what you are, don't turn people without a good reason and don't suck on fellow Kindred. Got it."

Also. Welcome to Clan Gangrel. Keep calm about everything, if you don't want to flip out and go berserk.

She tilted her head on the side.

"Thanks, I'll try," she promised. She didn't see why she would 'flip out' but decided to go along because she had her own share of questions. "What about our weaknesses? I assume daytime strolls aren't for the best... What else?"

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »
She tilted her head on the side.

"Thanks, I'll try," she promised. She didn't see why she would 'flip out' but decided to go along because she had her own share of questions. "What about our weaknesses? I assume daytime strolls aren't for the best... What else?"
"Fire. And I'm tough enough to take that - with time and some determination you might be able to do the same. Ignore all that holy symbol bullshit, running water, garlic... hell, stakes don't do much more than put us to sleep."

I had noticed her disappointment at not getting to see the 'fun shit.' Kids these days...

"Basically, most of folklore got it wrong, or got it right about a specific vampire. Some of us go crazy enough that we actually start thinking that holy symbols and the like harm us... so they do. The Blood is strange."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 29, 2014, 09:19:24 PM »
"It's not Georgia, no. This is the Nexus. A place which seems to link different worlds."

He gave the man an emphatic look.

"And before you ask, no, I don't know the way back to your turf. There's a reason I had to earn a living in this dump."

"Ehhhhh?! There is no way out here? Who is managing this city anyway? Do you mean they have no transportation here?" blurted out the man clearly confused at the situation he was in. "Damnit, if only my Stand could reverse anything permamently, I could be back in Russia in no time."
"

Brahmastra

« Reply #1719 on: April 29, 2014, 09:35:21 PM »
Karna's jaw almost went slack as he saw what happened before him. Three spears, native to a region of China Karna once conquered for his friend, slashed the mountain apart into 4 smaller pieces, though each still dwarfed a dozen skyscrapers. 3 of the fragments fell uselessly upon the city center, crushing buildings and citizens alike, but Karna took no notice of that. Instead, he saw as the King of Heroes simply digged his heels in, steeled himself and caught the mountain, breaking through at least a dozen floors of the skyscraper he was standing on top of, but never once seeming to lose his foothold. Truly, this was an opponent that not even Arjuna and Krishna would've been able to defeat.

'But that's just perfect...'

But then, unbelievably, it slowed to a halt.

"GRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

The roar of the King could be heard as the mountain was lifted into the air by the unmatched strength of the King. Taking three steps, The King of All Heroes hurled the remnants of the mountain straight at the Son of Surya.

"KAAAAAARRRRRNNNNNAAAAAA!"

Though the distance between the two visages had expanded to a full fifteen kilometers as Karna had flown backwards, the God-King hurled the massive chunk of the mountain towards Karna with an ear-shattering roar that could no doubt be heard by every man, woman and otherwise in Nexus City. Though the projectile was not particularly fast, it was not losing any momentum and would likely collide with Karka within 40 seconds. He understood immediately. This was a challenge. With a full grin of gilded teeth, Karna's bloodlust spiked and would likely be outright visible to anyone nearby.

Priming his bow with an arrow shrouded in a hurricane-like layer of wind, Karna began another incantation.

I pray to the lord Vayu for a great boon
मैं एक महान वरदान के लिए भगवान वायु से प्रार्थना

May my enemies be torn asunder by your divine winds

मेरे दुश्मनों को अपने दिव्य हवाओं से अलग - अलग फाड़ा जा सकता है

Ride forth and bring me great victory!
आगे की सवारी और मुझे महान जीत ले आओ!

"VAYVAYASTRA!"

The arrow was shot forth with the same impossible speed as the Parvatastra, but unlike the previous one, Karna shot the arrow behind himself and turned as it immediately detonated.

The wind that came forth was a hurricane beyond compare. No, comparing to any kind of wind-based natural phenomenon would be an insult to the wind that came forth from the detonating arrow. Even though the wind pointed entirely in Karna's direction, skyscrapers were sheared in half and smaller buildings were torn out by the roots. Karna was left undamaged, and rocketed forward, spinning like a black and gold tornado clad in a wreath of fire.

Raising his right hand clenched in a fist, Karna's grin radiated murderous intent, and finally, boosted to mach speeds by the Astra's wind, Karna's fist collided with the immense mountain chunk.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

With a roar that could tear a man in half from the sonic force it emitted, Karna's ungodly strength sent the colossal rock flying back towards the King of Heroes, and, boosted by the same wind,  unfolded his fiery wings once more and followed the rock, flying just behind it.

"HERE I COME, KING OF HEROES! CAN YOUR SOUL BURN AS BRIGHT AS MINE?!"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:38:21 PM by Brahmastra »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 29, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
Quote from: Jack
Fire. And I'm tough enough to take that - with time and some determination you might be able to do the same.

"So just fire and sunlight then." She would undergo any training if it helped limiting the chance to lose her non-life. "I might be interested in that, yeah."

Ignore all that holy symbol bullshit, running water, garlic... hell, stakes don't do much more than put us to sleep.

Indeed, he had mentioned stakes not being a worry earlier on.

Basically, most of folklore got it wrong, or got it right about a specific vampire. Some of us go crazy enough that we actually start thinking that holy symbols and the like harm us... so they do. The Blood is strange.

"Kinda like self-hypnosis?" She scratched her chin a moment. Next question. "You said using your powers would consume blood, why is that?"

----

Ehhhhh?! There is no way out here?

Kyle shrugged.

"There might. But as far as I know, you're stuck with the likes of me, here. Sorry buddy."

Who is managing this city anyway?

The werewolf grimaced.

"Kinda hard to answer that. There's a bunch of people running things, at least on the human side. But the real power in town would be the likes of Frost, so vampires. Heard he had some men up the administration. Never bothered to confirm though. Don't really care about leeches as long as they don't start painting streets in red. Frost, though, I would like to get rid of. Fuckin' immortal bastard deserves at least that much."

Do you mean they have no transportation here?

"Just not dimensional transportation."

Damnit, if only my Stand could reverse anything permamently, I could be back in Russia in no time.

"What do you mean by 'Stand'?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 29, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »

The werewolf grimaced.

"Kinda hard to answer that. There's a bunch of people running things, at least on the human side. But the real power in town would be the likes of Frost, so vampires. Heard he had some men up the administration. Never bothered to confirm though. Don't really care about leeches as long as they don't start painting streets in red. Frost, though, I would like to get rid of. Fuckin' immortal bastard deserves at least that much."

At the sound of word 'vampires', Josip's fists clenched "To think they are even here..." he muttered in a cold voice. "My ancestors have suffered enough fighting them, but somebody has to do it. Are they vulnerable to sunlight where you live?" the man asked in a serious voice.

"What do you mean by 'Stand'?"

"It is something I summon to use my special ability. Eh, I have probably blabbered out one thing about what it can do, so showing it won't do any harm"

Behind the man a humanoid, or one could say robotic, effigy made of clockwork parts appeared.
"People who can see ghosts should be able to see it as well. If you can see it, you're obviously not a mundane human"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 30, 2014, 01:08:54 AM »
Gwyllt

Everything but the opponent in front of Tân Gwyllt was left aside in his mind. Only a single apologetic thought was spared to the wingless dragon for the trouble his request seemed to have given him; and the rider focused instead on his greater counterpart.

As a curtain of fire, brighter and more primal than his, surrounded them, Gwyllt pulled on the reins to his mount with a tightened and serious grasp. It was an unnecessary act, as him and his steed were one, but it spoke of his gathering focus. A few steps were taken back as they faced their adversary. The heat was immense, the very sensation of doom settling down around them, denser every second. To many others, it would've been oppressive, stifling, but that moment, all of it did nothing more than encourage him.

The pale shine over his sword grew stronger, fel fire spilled out of his armor, a mighty hell growing inside, and a hearty laugh crackled from deep inside his helmet in retort to the Red Rider's. Burning like a bottomless, undying furnace, his eyes and maw shone, twisting in crazed enjoyment.

"Onwards!" the horseman of black metal and green flame replied to the one of shadows and fire, sword at the ready, and trusty steed tensing in synchronicity.

And then, his opponent shot forward like a cannonball, the horseman's lance booming towards him with might unmatched by anything the incarnation of myth had seen before. The blackened shaft was aimed at the center of his chest, closing the distance to its target in an instant, and it would break through his armor and strike his very core with the power it was backed by. Gwyllt could not move out of the way. Retreat before the speed of this attack was not an option. So he would have to meet it in kind.

In the remaining shred of time before War's charge could completely close the distance between them, Tân Gwyllt and his steed kicked off from where they stood. They propelled themselves to meet the opening strike of the battle head on, a rumbling charge at the Horseman Of War, and the demon of the hunt and fire swung his sword at the blackened lance with all the momentum and power he could must.

The weapons collided with a strong clang that spread shadow and flames from its center. Metal and legendary power screamed against metal and wood and even more legendary power as the sword of Gwyllt parried the lance of War, diverting it from its course.

The joust of the red rider shaved off part of his plated shoulder, easily snuffing out the flames that covered it, and Gwyllt could not help not laugh inside as they passed each other in their mutual charge. This strength, this excitement... he had to respond appropriately to it.

He roared. The reins were pulled and his mount dug into the concrete, coming to a loud grinding slowdown; it neighed beneath him as it steered and turned, following his commands even before the unnecessary pulls of the reins, expelling jets of fire from its hooves, turning in a tight u-curve that left a molten and cracked path on the floor.

Boosted by fel flames, the demonic steed pursued the other. Doubling the intensity of the flames from his sword, Tân Gwyllt raced at War and swung at him like a berseker, blade guided by the intent of a hunter.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:25 AM »
Grigori was entertained. This new world. Nexus City was a place filled with entertainment and new curiosities. Men who could take on the form of a wolf and vampires roamed the streets. However these vampires were completely different beasts from the ones he had engineered. Certainly another thing that could keep him amused, but the conflict raging around him took precedence. That was entertainment! From the top of one of the skyscrapers he watched the battle. Godlike beings clashing, impossibly powerful weapons being fired as if they were arrows, and mountains falling form the sky! Grigori smiled. This was the most interesting sight he had seen so far. With a thought he formed a mana construct in the shape of a bed and a barrier in the shape of an orb formed around it. He laid down in the bed and reached into his cloak and pulled out a bag of chips. A treat he had taken from one of the dead bodies in the street. Then he heard the archer speak.

I pray to the lord Vayu for a great boon
मैं एक महान वरदान के लिए भगवान वायु से प्रार्थना

May my enemies be torn asunder by your divine winds

मेरे दुश्मनों को अपने दिव्य हवाओं से अलग - अलग फाड़ा जा सकता है
Ride forth and bring me great victory!
आगे की सवारी और मुझे महान जीत ले आओ!
"VAYVAYASTRA!"

The powerful winds annihilated the building under Grigori, but the bed remained motionless. Even as ripples formed in the barrier and it looked as if it was about to fail he simply smiled. The spell stabilized and Grigori simply opened the bag and began to eat. They were a bit salty but they tasted fine.

"HERE I COME, KING OF HEROES! CAN YOUR SOUL BURN AS BRIGHT AS MINE?!"

Grigori laughed. These people would prove to be very amusing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:52:37 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 30, 2014, 02:06:01 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera
"I can only assume people living in this era aren't used to interact with your species. Truth be told, I am not quite sure of where nor when we are actually, I only have been summoned recently myself."
"It is nice to know that I am not the only one feeling lost in this place. I found myself in a tunnel with rail-guided vehicles and frightened many humans. Fear is not something I enjoy causing in the heart or mind of another."
The knight nodded.

"I am Mordred."

No reason to hide her identity to Lycodrake, and even less to Imnity which was an ally.

"And you would be right, for I am..." She stopped dead in her tracks. Saber almost spurted out 'heroic spirit'. While the term might do for someone not acquainted with her past, she thought it would be wrong to declare herself as such. Any heroic deeds she accumulated in the past felt short before the unforgivable acts she put in motion in the last months of her existence. "...a kind of familiar."
Lycodrake was not oblivious to the young woman's pause, but chose to not pry into such a private matter. He couldn't tell if it was shame or embarrassment or sadness that passed through her eyes, but he knew he wore a similar one once upon a time. As a spawn of Typhon and Echidna, monstrous deities - or deified monsters both, he was not proud of his heritage and what it meant he was.
Mordred found herself smiling. The irony was just too much.

Oh, you have no idea.

"Something like that," she said with a wink. "Although, you are the first I ever met in person. Back in my time, most considered your kind no less than a myth."

The Servant looked around, noticing the Riders getting on, the burning factory and though she couldn't see it from where she stood, she felt the power struggle in which two overwhelming presences were engaged into.

"We probably should get you out of here. It doesn't seem safe."
"I know one of the two Riders and fought alongside him against wicked humans and my first companion, Tywin, I have not heard back from. However, I am in no state for combat, though I doubt any damage to us would be intentional by either Rider." He was embarrassed by his weakness. Being unable to stand on his own four legs wounded his pride more than he thought it would. "If you can carry me and know a safe place, I will entrust myself to you, Mordred."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari: