Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182735 times)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1725 on: April 30, 2014, 04:49:43 AM »
I know one of the two Riders and fought alongside him against wicked humans and my first companion, Tywin, I have not heard back from. However, I am in no state for combat, though I doubt any damage to us would be intentional by either Rider.

"I simply esteem it more reasonable to back off from this location. We might get caught in their battle."

Of course a knight would never insult another fighter by getting involved in a former duel.

If you can carry me and know a safe place, I will entrust myself to you, Mordred.

"Just a moment."

She looked at him in the eyes and turned to Imnity. She couldn't say much about Lycodrake Aptera, having just met him, yet she understood his frustration.

"Can't you do something about his condition?"

She couldn't say much about Lycodrake Aptera, having just met him, yet she understood his frustration. Dragons were tough creatures, known for being extremely durable. The knight doubted whatever was affecting Lycodrake would last for long. However, they ought to move from here quickly. So, if Imnity had a way to fix the dragon, it would be for the better. She could always carry him, but she would bet her main hand that he would rather walk on his own.

The duel before her eyes was worrying somewhat. These were two formidable riders, and their steeds even more for supporting such might. Shadows, flames and steel clashed once and more, and she knew this place would soon be nothing but ruins.

A deafening scream resonated through the area, and she leapt on a nearby rooftop to have a glimpse from the battle of mythic proportions. What she saw from the South of her position, shocked her.

She was Mordred, proud son of the most noble and fairest King to ever walk the Earth. She had been summoned as Saber, the strongest of the seven classes. Yet, she was no match. She was like the kid fascinated at the sight of giants fighting each other. Not even the riders' duel had given her such an ominous feeling. Her instinct told her that the destruction would be unfathomable if they were not stopped soon.

"These fools will doom us all," she realized with anger.

----

My ancestors have suffered enough fighting them, but somebody has to do it. Are they vulnerable to sunlight where you live?

Kyle raised his hands.

"Hey, there are some reasonable ones. I know a few of them who are perfectly integrated in society..." He paused, his traits softening.  "Some I consider friends, family even. Heck, I was raised by blood suckers. Some people might just see monsters when looking at them, but that's only because they never bother to actually know the person. Of course, there are some rotten apples as well, you might even say the non-spoiled ones are too few compared to the rest, but still."

What you are isn't who you are.

A line he kept in mind for centuries now.

"What I am trying to say is that, while I entirely feel for your family, you can't exactly go on a blind killing spree."

Are they vulnerable to sunlight where you live?

"Yes. Why you ask? Gonna pop out sunrays out you bum or something?" His tone was slightly amused, but not outright mocking the man.

It is something I summon to use my special ability. Eh, I have probably blabbered out one thing about what it can do, so showing it won't do any harm.

Kyle couldn't make out the whole figure of the being appearing behind Jojo, he could somewhat distinct the general shape of it. At least the scent was reminiscent of the man before him.

"That's a doppleganger of some sort?"

People who can see ghosts should be able to see it as well. If you can see it, you're obviously not a mundane human.

"Definitely can't see it clearly, it's kind of blurry to me. Its odor is similar to yours, yet oddly different. That's the first time I meet with someone possessing such an ability."

Kyle grinned to the man.

"Since you shared your secret with me, it's only fair that I do the same. Just don't freak out, ok?"

The next instant, he started stripping, folding and placing his clothes on a broken bench. Once he was completely nude, his body turned into one of a beast.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:50:56 AM by Daiki »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 30, 2014, 05:50:54 AM »

"Kinda like self-hypnosis?" She scratched her chin a moment. Next question. "You said using your powers would consume blood, why is that?"
"It just is. The more obvious... disciplines... I use, require a sacrifice. Vitae. The stuff keeping you and I mobile right now." She was inquisitive, that was for sure. "Basically, when we consume blood, we're really stealing life. Blood's just the fancy wrapping it comes in. It costs me - and you - life just to rise each night. We can't just not eat. To live, to exist, we need to feed. Humans, animals, other Kindred or vampires... they all have vitae. We can feed from them. Don't feed often enough, and you'll find the Beast getting harder and harder to keep down and in its cage."

I chuckled a little bit.

"For us Gangrel, that cages bars are too damn thin. When the Beast gets control, it's like... fuck. I can't explain it. You'll know it when it happens. You won't be in control anymore. The Beast will. And it's hard as hell not to listen to it."

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 30, 2014, 06:27:20 AM »
Imnity
Warehouses

A unique creature with draconian lineage was hard to pass up, even for Imnity. "I'm afraid that healing is out of my realm of capabilities, my Master and Lobelia are far more suited to that task."

Even as Mordred jumped away to check on the ensuing chaos Imnity did have one option available to her. Turning to the weakened Lycodrake she offered him her own way of help.

"However, while I cannot heal you, I can transport you to someone who can. That is your choice however, I will warn you that my Master is not as gentle as I seem. What happens after I bring you I cannot entirely say. So what is your answer?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 30, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
(OOC: Finally got to reply. I would sooner if not for other obligations)

Kyle raised his hands.

"Hey, there are some reasonable ones. I know a few of them who are perfectly integrated in society..." He paused, his traits softening.  "Some I consider friends, family even. Heck, I was raised by blood suckers. Some people might just see monsters when looking at them, but that's only because they never bother to actually know the person. Of course, there are some rotten apples as well, you might even say the non-spoiled ones are too few compared to the rest, but still."

What you are isn't who you are.

A line he kept in mind for centuries now.

"What I am trying to say is that, while I entirely feel for your family, you can't exactly go on a blind killing spree."

"I am skeptical, but I'll give a benefit of doubt. But don't expect me to be chummy with them?" he grumbled.

"Yes. Why you ask? Gonna pop out sunrays out you bum or something?" His tone was slightly amused, but not outright mocking the man.

Hey, I can transfer sunlight like energy from my body, but what you just said is so vulgar!" Josip protested at such a remark.

Kyle couldn't make out the whole figure of the being appearing behind Jojo, he could somewhat distinct the general shape of it. At least the scent was reminiscent of the man before him.

"That's a doppleganger of some sort?"

"This is essence of my life energy manifested, which in our world we call Stands because they stand by us" Jojo explained, in probably cheesy way from the viewpoint of Kyle.

"Definitely can't see it clearly, it's kind of blurry to me. Its odor is similar to yours, yet oddly different. That's the first time I meet with someone possessing such an ability."

Kyle grinned to the man.

"Since you shared your secret with me, it's only fair that I do the same. Just don't freak out, ok?"

The next instant, he started stripping, folding and placing his clothes on a broken bench. Once he was completely nude, his body turned into one of a beast.

"Eh?" Josip quipped puzzled at Kyle stripping for some reason. But once he started transforming:

"Ah, that's a bound Stand!" remarked JoJo in surprise, albeit clearly wrong.

(OOC: Inb4 Diego Brando)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 30, 2014, 11:44:24 PM »
"..."

The part about blood was fine, although having a need for it simply to awaken was something to keep in mind. Same for not burning blood unnecessarily.However, that 'Beast' he spoke of raised her interest.

"Your telling me that my instincts will take over whenever I'm low on vitae, I get that part. Still, why do you speak of it as a kind of... entity? And you're telling me it's harder for us, the Gangrel to deal with it?"

In short, she would have to stay away from people she didn't wish harm upon.

Wait a second.

"What happens if I have a crazy episode and you're around? Would I hurt you? Attempt to feed from you?"

----

The werewolf turned back into a human, laughing without holding back. Putting on his clothes, he said.

"A bound Stand, eh? I kinda like how that sounds, although, I'm afraid it doesn't look as useful as your own powers. You said something about reversing "

He calmed down by the time he was buckling his belt.

"Anyway, I'm a werewolf. See it as a kind of cursed humans. All of them can shapeshift like I did. Be careful around others though, especially if one is eager to give you the chomp. A single bite is enough to make you one of us. We're kinda like zombies in Walking Dead except we don't all smell like them." He took a second to verify his own scent. "I hope."

He invited his interlocutor to walk with him.

"Now Jojo, let's go see if an old friend of mine has room for a big guy like you."

He chuckled, anticipating the man's reaction upon meeting Law Unto Herself.

"I am sure you both will get along just fine."

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:50:05 PM by Daiki »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 01, 2014, 12:15:30 AM »
"..."

The part about blood was fine, although having a need for it simply to awaken was something to keep in mind. Same for not burning blood unnecessarily.However, that 'Beast' he spoke of raised her interest.

"Your telling me that my instincts will take over whenever I'm low on vitae, I get that part. Still, why do you speak of it as a kind of... entity? And you're telling me it's harder for us, the Gangrel to deal with it?"

In short, she would have to stay away from people she didn't wish harm upon.

Wait a second.

"What happens if I have a crazy episode and you're around? Would I hurt you? Attempt to feed from you?"
"Depends on what you're frenzying from. If you're hungry, you'll try to drink something down. If you're scared, you'll bust through about anything and anyone to escape." I wasn't kidding about that. An escape frenzy was nothing to scoff at. "And if you're angry, you'll do anything you can to kill whatever got you angry, no matter how tough it is."

"But don't worry about this yet. You'll need to become... less human, before the Beast really starts rattling the cage."

I could hear him growling even now. Stronger, since I'd sired her.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 01, 2014, 12:33:14 AM »
The werewolf turned back into a human, laughing without holding back. Putting on his clothes, he said.

"A bound Stand, eh? I kinda like how that sounds, although, I'm afraid it doesn't look as useful as your own powers. You said something about reversing "

He calmed down by the time he was buckling his belt.

"Anyway, I'm a werewolf. See it as a kind of cursed humans. All of them can shapeshift like I did. Be careful around others though, especially if one is eager to give you the chomp. A single bite is enough to make you one of us. We're kinda like zombies in Walking Dead except we don't all smell like them." He took a second to verify his own scent. "I hope."

Quite confused, JoJo asked: "You don't mean, a real werewolf? There are rare people in my world who can use Stands bound to their bodies permamently to transform them. There are even records on people who could turn into half animals half humans. Well, there was a guy apparently who you would call... a wereraptor. Don't be surprised, there is crazier things out there I heard" Josip explained "You say, getting infected by a bite. I probably could purge that from my system, I heard about one of my relatives purging out something vampire put into him before it caused anything bad. Eh, we can say we are all cursed way or other " he shrugged "As for the reversal, I can temporarily reverse anything, even if it's a concept. That's the gist of it."
He invited his interlocutor to walk with him.

"Now Jojo, let's go see if an old friend of mine has room for a big guy like you."

He chuckled, anticipating the man's reaction upon meeting Law Unto Herself.

"I am sure you both will get along just fine."

"Hmmm, I'm practically homeless now, so I guess I have to follow you" Josip scratched his head, following Kyle.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 01, 2014, 01:00:20 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera

A unique creature with draconian lineage was hard to pass up, even for Imnity. "I'm afraid that healing is out of my realm of capabilities, my Master and Lobelia are far more suited to that task."

Even as Mordred jumped away to check on the ensuing chaos Imnity did have one option available to her. Turning to the weakened Lycodrake she offered him her own way of help.

"However, while I cannot heal you, I can transport you to someone who can. That is your choice however, I will warn you that my Master is not as gentle as I seem. What happens after I bring you I cannot entirely say. So what is your answer?"
Mordred leaping up to the top of a building surprised him momentarily. He wasn't expecting either of them to be average humans. The girl before him spoke in a way years beyond her, but what mattered now was getting out of the drug induced fog. He dared not try to "burn" it away from within. "I believe myself able to withstand harshness. If your Master or this Lobelia is willing to aid me, I would be most thankful. The risk is worth the possible benefit, though I would very much prefer not to be put down like a rabid dog if your Master is far less kind than you say."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 01, 2014, 02:22:42 AM »
Grim was feeling peeved. Another host had turned out unworthy. Grim still couldn't find anything like the bond that Venom had with his host. After seeing that Venom's child Carnage and the sheer joy the host and symbiote had together in permanent partnership it decided it needed to find the one. The one who it could be together with always. While lurking the streets for more potential host in this universe full of superheroes something strange happened.
Grim felt like he was falling despite being on solid ground not just a second ago. And a second later it felt a soft barrier. It had landed on a magical construct for sure but this construct was very soft not unlike the thing that its hosts tended to retire to and lay down on during the dark.

Around it was much sturdier barrier one that coursed with power one that Grim even with its new magical power could tell were to strong to escape. And inside this barrier was man. A man of great power who smelled of death and radiated the sweet nectar of magic upon the world. Grim had never seen such a feast of power to feed on.
In it's impatience and excitement it jumped to onto the mans arm.

That was when things started to get wrong. This man was too much. He wasn't a weakling to overwhelm, he could not be seen as somthing to work with. No this man was not a potential host for through the memories Grim gained from contact this man had tamed that much more terrible than it with just his will. No this man didn't terrify Grim with his power. This man had a will that could make gods bow. This was not host, this was not a puppet this was slaver. A master of all that stood in his sight and on whim would also command all his subordinates to die.

Then the man spoke to Grim.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 01, 2014, 02:55:25 AM »
Grim was feeling peeved. Another host had turned out unworthy. Grim still couldn't find anything like the bond that Venom had with his host. After seeing that Venom's child Carnage and the sheer joy the host and symbiote had together in permanent partnership it decided it needed to find the one. The one who it could be together with always. While lurking the streets for more potential host in this universe full of superheroes something strange happened.
Grim felt like he was falling despite being on solid ground not just a second ago. And a second later it felt a soft barrier. It had landed on a magical construct for sure but this construct was very soft not unlike the thing that its hosts tended to retire to and lay down on during the dark.

Around it was much sturdier barrier one that coursed with power one that Grim even with its new magical power could tell were to strong to escape. And inside this barrier was man. A man of great power who smelled of death and radiated the sweet nectar of magic upon the world. Grim had never seen such a feast of power to feed on.

That was when things started to get wrong. This man was too much. He wasn't a weakling to overwhelm, he could not be seen as somthing to work with. No this man was not a potential host for through the memories Grim gained from contact this man had tamed that much more terrible than it with just his will. No this man didn't terrify Grim with his power. This man had a will that could make gods bow. This was not host, this was not a puppet this was slaver. A master of all that stood in his sight and on whim would also command all his subordinates to die.

Grigori's eyes were filled with mirth. "How foolish of you creature. To believe that you could make me bend when a god could not. However, you have potential." He held out his arm to exam the creature in depth. It was a mass of black goo with white eyes and a mouth filled with extremely sharp teeth. There were also line of light covering his body that pulsed with mana. If he allowed it to grow and flourish it may entertain him in the future. "Very well creature. If you restrain yourself and remain on my arm alone I will allow you to feed on my mana. In return I only ask for your name. A fair deal?" Even as he asked the question Grigori began to emit enormous amounts of mana. If this creature attempted to attack he would simply fill the barrier with fire. His cloak would keep him mostly intact and anything damaged could be healed, but this organism seemed to be made entirely of a fleshy substance. It would be incinerated in seconds.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 01, 2014, 03:03:34 AM »

Grigori's eyes were filled with mirth. "How foolish of you creature. To believe that you could make me bend when a god could not. However, you have potential." He held out his arm to exam the creature in depth. It was a mass of black goo with white eyes and a mouth filled with extremely sharp teeth. There were also line of light covering his body that pulsed with mana. If he allowed it to grow and flourish it may entertain him in the future. "Very well creature. If you restrain yourself and remain on my arm alone I will allow you to feed on my mana. In return I only ask for your name. A fair deal?" Even as he asked the question Grigori began to emit enormous amounts of mana. If this creature attempted to attack he would simply fill the barrier with fire. His cloak would keep him mostly intact and anything damaged could be healed, but this organism seemed to be made entirely of a fleshy substance. It would be incinerated in seconds.

Grim while of simple mind was not stupid. It could tell from the memories it looked at that this host would not relent. I could hear the thoughts of contingency it had if it refused so I sent one word through the link and in turn became a guantlet. It covered the arm of this "Grigori" and would call it master for now. It had lines extend past the arm of course but never to control only to secure and synchronize. It told him of the powers it would give but not like it would a true bond it was subservience and complete distortion of the cherished dream that Grim held of finding its true host.

While not enjoying on an emotional level the symbiotes body was humming with the power that this grigori radiated. His lines (one of his previous host's called them circuits) burned all the colours of the rainbow as it took in the varied magesty that was Grigori's mana.

It would wait but upon first opportunity if would find a new host. It would continue searching for the one.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 01, 2014, 03:15:12 AM »
Imnity and Lycodrake were discussing while the Servant kept her attention focused on the golden warriors.

Sending us to scout the city was a wise choice.

She could only praise Downy's prudence. Meeting one of these two warriors head on would have meant instant defeat. With a shake of her head, she left the rooftop and reached ground level.
Quote from: Lycodrake
...would very much prefer not to be put down like a rabid dog if your Master is far less kind than you say.

Mordred gave the dragon a confident smile.

"Worry not, Lycodrake Aptera. I shall not let that happen. You have my word."

With that, she lifted him on her shoulders with relative ease and turned to Imnity.

"Shall we be on our way, then?"

----

"..."

This time a long silence followed. It appeared Nessa was done asking, yet, her gaze stayed on the man. Only the faint sound of her legs swinging could be heard. After few more seconds she decided to enquire about one last point.

"It did something to you, right? Turning me." She paused to judge his reaction. "You don't have to hide stuff from me at this point."

----

The two men borrowed a taxi and they were on their way. Since they had time before reaching Forest's place, they could make do with a bit more chatting.

"Say, you mentioned a curse running in your family. Want to share some with your first pal in town? I suspect there's an interesting story behind it."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 01, 2014, 03:26:58 AM »
Grim while of simple mind was not stupid. It could tell from the memories it looked at that this host would not relent. I could hear the thoughts of contingency it had if it refused so I sent one word through the link and in turn became a guantlet. It covered the arm of this "Grigori" and would call it master for now. It had lines extend past the arm of course but never to control only to secure and synchronize. It told him of the powers it would give but not like it would a true bond it was subservience and complete distortion of the cherished dream that Grim held of finding its true host.

While not enjoying on an emotional level the symbiotes body was humming with the power that this grigori radiated. His lines (one of his previous host's called them circuits) burned all the colours of the rainbow as it took in the varied majesty that was Grigori's mana.

It would wait but upon first opportunity if would find a new host. It would continue searching for the one.
"Excellent" He began to flood his arm with mana and looked down on the combatants below. The archer called Karna was now charging at the King of Heroes with wings of fire along with what was left of the mountain. Grigori's construct shifted form into a comfortable looking throne. He sat down and began to watch the fight again.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 01, 2014, 03:51:14 AM »
If anyone were of a mind to pay attention whilst they were fleeing in terror they might have noticed an attractive blue haired young man in a school uniform, walking down the street calmly while the city is in turmoil. Those who were a little more perceptive might have noticed the red armband and gun holster, or the headphones. This young man walked through the streets listening to music as he walked up to a specific building.

This should be the place Elizabeth said to go...

Yes, because listening to her has never backfired before.

Quiet, you.

The young man took off his headphones and knocked three times on the door.

She said the person here would need some help, so I am at least going to offer, messiahs do stuff like that right?

Right.

Either way is fine with me, I'm up for anything where we get to kill stuff.

Yeah, I'm gonna go in with Messiah set, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:52:08 AM by Kurogami »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 01, 2014, 05:15:30 AM »
Uchiten
Downtown - shortly before the battle between demigods commenced

Uchiten smiled regretfully as he exited the bar and its vicinity, leaving the hive of debauchery and all its interesting presences behind to greet the night air of Nexus City. The slight breeze that touched his face withered immediately after reaching him, but its feeling nonetheless made him reminisce. He wondered if the wind had felt the same when he was alive, or if becoming the way he did had changed it. Or maybe the wind of his homeland was different from this one. The evil spirit could not be sure, for his existence as a mortal was a thing long removed and forgotten from his current self. But either way, he didn't truly care for that, so it was useless to think about.

At the moment, what he cared more for was the tension in the air that the wind brought to him. Verifying it lightened his expression. Power and intensity were gathering and crackling in this town, ready to blow. His mystical senses were sharp enough to have detected this moments after he appeared here, but it was reassuring to be sure.

Hands in his pockets, he relaxedly walked down the dimly lit street, not sparing a glance to the mere intoxicated (or soon to be) humans who passed him; contrasting with the way he was avoided, as though there was an imperceptible stench around him, or an air of unpleasantness. It truth, it was simply that they knew to avoid him.

Of course they did. Say what you will about humans, deep in their hearts they still knew what was beyond them, and they knew what to fear.

But then, as he chuckled to himself about it, the space at his side ceased to be empty. A humanoid figure shimmered in the night, a transparent outline that quickly materialized itself. Motes of dim blue light shed off to reveal its form, closely following Uchiten.

Taller than the twisted onmyouji, surpassing two meters in height, he made for an impressive appearance in comparison. He wore a simple ensemble: pants, boots, a tucked in shirt, top button undone, and a black jacket. But his clothes were not what distinguished him most aside from his height. His build was not bulky, but it was hard, and toned muscles strained noticeably against his shirt; messy white hair covered his head; a sharp narrowed expression was present on his handsome face, and a single azure eye stared straight ahead. His other eye, the right, was covered by a large eyepatch, and a number of scars marked his hands, his face and his neck. But by far the ugliest and most jagged looking of them was the one that partially lay under the cloth affixed to his face, vertical-diagonally oriented from above his brow to the level of his nose.

Even without the scars, he had a particularly wild look about him, helped in nothing by the long sheathed japanese sword he carried firmly in one hand.

"Allow me to escort you, Master." he roughly spoke to Uchiten, more a statement of fact than a request.

The evil spirit chuckled at the rude means of address, but he acknowledged his shikigami nonenetheless.

"Zan." he began, before continuing with an off-hand tone. "That was unnecessary. You spoiled the conversation."

The reply was instantaneous.

"She was out of line." Now that made him wonder, and genuine interest was inflected into his next words.

"Oh? Is that really why raised your sword? Are you certain it wasn't that you simply sought an excuse to cut something?" Uchiten asked.

It was true that Zan had not raised his sword out of bloodlust inside the bar. But, to contend with it was entirely different from holding back irritation or any more primal, obsessive urge. This was something both of them knew, and hence, the onmyouji's questioning right now was closer to good natured ribbing than any sort of prosecution.

Nonetheless, the oni faced with his master's words hesitated slightly before offering a response. "My feelings are irrelevant. She was both too familiar with my master, and passed the line of acceptable rudeness. That is all."

And to that, Uchiten responded with honest laughter.

"Ha-ha! As always, you're so gullible. But don't worry. Your willfulness is what I like about you."

If he was surprised by the retort, Zan did not show it, and slightly bowed his head with a hum of concession.

Uchiten was smirking at him as they continued to walk, before suddenly stopping at a deserted corner.

The oni showed no reaction as the evil spirit removed one of his gloves and brought his hand up to bite down on the length of his pointer finger. Uchiten's teeth dug into his fake flesh with sadistic delight until he gave one stronger pull and ripped out a piece of skin from the finger, separating his mouth from it. The bit of meat was chewed between his teeth as dark blood dripped from the open wound he had created on himself. Swallowing, then smiling, he brought his wounded finger to shoulder level. And with a movement that seemed practiced, he swung his arm and hand up in an arc that swept drops of his blood high into the air.

As the black blood began to fall, both of Uchiten's hands were clapped together straightly in front of his chest, palm against palm. The sound that seemed far too strong to be natural spread outwards in a shock, and the thin rain of bloof froze mid-air as it passed it.

The droplets trembled, fizzled, and then began to expand and thicken with spluttering, wet sounds. From each tiny drop, a shape that fit into a person's palm formed. Uchiten's blood obeyed his silent command and changed into a band of small and featureless black birds that hovered above him, beating their wings to stay in the air. His smile widened, and he spread his arms in a large gesture as he ordered them.

"Go. Fly through this city. Be my eyes and ears."

Without a sound but the beating of wings that were neither of leather nor feathers, his makeshift familiars departed, flying off in every direction. Uchiten lowered his arms and returned the glove to his exposed hand, the small wound he had dealt himself already completely gone. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he looked back at Zan as he started to walk again.

"Shall we continue our stroll?" he asked.

The oni nodded and wordlessly followed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:31:15 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts