Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182697 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1740 on: May 01, 2014, 05:40:35 AM »
Mudou and Shezar
The inbetween

Through the blackness they came, using the coordinates input by Imnity before she left they appeared far above the city right in the area of Downy's previous destructive spells.

"So she is here, perhaps she was unable to get out of the way in time. Should we start near the rubble?" Shezar held onto a small but very well constructed hand glider which he used to soar through the sky.

"Eh whatever, I don' really care." Mudou on the other hand flew with an old fashioned kite, a group of eyes obediently flying right behind him with similar tools.

"Well then, why not start with those two?" With his hands focused on holding him in the sky he used his vision to spot the two figures far below in crumbled alleyway. One of them appeared to be completely unconscious while the other was deep in work perhaps to try and heal them.

"Fine whatever, do what you want." Though his mood couldn't be much worse Mudou took the lead his enormous bulk easily picking up speed as he descended through the sky.

*Wabooom!*

The concrete below began to crack at the force of the weight Mudou had used due to his rapid descent. Landing gracefully by his side, Shezar on the other hand was much more elegant in his movements. "Must you be so vulgar? A man must give the utmost of elegance at all times, to do any less is a crime."

Ignoring the two they had originally targeted Mudou turned to face Shezar his face sour with Shezar's taunts. "Will you shut the hell up already, I'm getting real sick of yur damn attitude."

Though his face was concealed behind a thick gray mask, Shezar put his hand up to his head anyway as if to show the disapointment he had for his fellow 'partner'. "I can't help but point out your very well defined flaws, it's the duty of every gentlemen to do so. Both as a benefit to me and my brethren as a whole."

Mudou balled his fist in anger, he had completely forgotten the other two who were very nearby by this point. "Ya jackass, if I knew that downy'd be on my ass in a second for killin you during a mission I'd do it right here and right now."

Shezar on the other hand held up his hands in a sarcastic motion. As if to talk to the sky itself. "Must we go through this every time!?"

Even as they continued their bickering, their voices rang through the rubble of the broken alleyway. They no longer bothered to pay attention to the two they were supposed to be heading towards and if they had even a bit of common sense to stop and look around they would have found their comrades body very nearby.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 01, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »

The King of Heroes watched in near-disbelief as Karna, propelled by the winds that could lift an army millions strong, reared back his fist and punched the mountain with the force of a meteor. Skyscrapers were broken in half, and smaller buildings were completed lifted from the ground as the greatest hero India had ever seen pressed the attack. With wings of flame, the Saint of Generosity flew after the meteor, straight at Gilgamesh.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

With a roar that could tear a man in half from the sonic force it emitted, Karna's ungodly strength sent the colossal rock flying back towards the King of Heroes, and, boosted by the same wind,  unfolded his fiery wings once more and followed the rock, flying just behind it.

"HERE I COME, KING OF HEROES! CAN YOUR SOUL BURN AS BRIGHT AS MINE?!"

With a roar that shattered the windows of every standing building within a three kilometers, The Golden King met his challenge.

"YOUR SOUL IS BUT AN EMBER," The mountain approached at sonic speeds, wreathed in a corona of flame.

"BEFORE THE TRUE MIGHT-"

The mountain was almost upon him, glowing red with the fires of the Sun.

"OF THE KING!"

The mountain descended.

"MUUUDDDAAA MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAAA!"

The Original Hero's fists pounded against the mountain, unknown to the burning of the flames. Each strike pounded against the mountain with force only matched by Karna himself, craters forming in each place where the King's might touched.

Still letting out his wild battle cry, Gilgamesh tore through the mountain like it was paper, his blows breaking the sound barrier.

"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAAAA! IS THIS THE BEST YOU BRING BEFORE THE KING, KARNA, SON OF SURYA!?"
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Brahmastra

« Reply #1742 on: May 01, 2014, 02:46:41 PM »
The King above Kings had defeated this mountain once before, so it did not come to Karna as a surprise when his fists began raining down on one end of the mountain like a machine gun, pieces crushing anything unfortunate enough below. Karna could attack the King of Heroes from the side, but such an act would be cowardly and dishonorable. So instead, he was going to go in from the front. Even when faced with a mountain in his way.

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!"

With a battle cry of his own, Karna's fists, covered in a layer of fire, began tearing the mountain to pieces. He and Gilgamesh, beating on the mountain from one side each, tore through the entire thing in a matter of seconds, reducing it to nothing but rubble on the ground below. Face to face, once again, Karna's fists collided with Gilgamesh's right cheek, only to suffer a similar blow on his own left not a second later.

Then, faster than any eye could follow, blows began to rain down by the dozen on each great hero. Fists were deflected, blocked, struck true and dodged five times a second, and the sheer force of wind from the blows caused nearby buildings to suffer extreme damage.

It was two unstoppable, immovable objects that collided a thousand times a minute. While Karna had the clear advantage in skill and the conceptual protection of his body, the King of Heroes was faster and stronger and tougher in body. Simply their heels digging into the building below them began to tear the tower-like skyscraper down floor by floor, as gold met gold in a flash of sparks for the ten thousandth time, and within minutes they were standing upon flat soil.

"Come on, King of Heroes. Is this all you can manage despite the venom you spat at me?! Show me the strength that toppled the gods and overcame death!"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:10:53 PM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 01, 2014, 02:53:38 PM »
The two men borrowed a taxi and they were on their way. Since they had time before reaching Forest's place, they could make do with a bit more chatting.

"Say, you mentioned a curse running in your family. Want to share some with your first pal in town? I suspect there's an interesting story behind it."

OOC: Should have responded sooner, barely noticed over the epic duel of Gilgamesh and Karna

"It's nothing very interesting. It's that our family members tend to inherit supernatural powers, and we attract the supernatural itself. Hence why get tangled in really weird stuff, often ending up in dire straights" he explained, rather casually.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 01, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
...Repair Protocol Complete

All of a sudden light flooded her vision. It took a few milliseconds for her brain to start processing what was coming through her sensory cameras.

As it turns out, Elissa was laying down on a hard surface, looking up at a street lamp. Quickly sitting up, she immediately took in her surroundings: It was night, she was laying on the street, and she was surrounded by buildings.

The buildings were intact.

The buildings were intact.

It was obvious that she wasn't in the Seattle Combat Zone, that's for sure. Elissa then stood up; time to do a self diagnosis. Thrusters: intact and functional. Joints: Fully mobile. Casting Rods: Intact. Mana Collecting Fins: No damage. Prana Generator: Optimal. Prana Flow: Ideal. Prana Battery: 100% charged.

'Next step is to scout the surroundings.' Elissa thought. Quickly darting to an alley way for cover, she quickly scanned the next streeet over. 'Clear.' She darted to the next alleyway.

Kaboooom!

Response to the explosion was swift. Quickly aiming her right arm's casting rods in the direction it came from. So focussed on trying to find the source, Elissa did not notice the taxi cab turning around the corner behind her.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »
Imnity
Warehouses

"Very well then, please take my hand and hold on tight." After making sure that both of them were within holding on she sent a message to her Master and began to recite her well known spell.

'Master we are returning after some new developments, we have found someone who may be of use in the future.' A simple 'Very well then.' Was all she got back.

Since her hands were full the book that she often carried on her began to magically float in front of her, it flipped through it's pages automatically as Imnity recited her spell. Even as the chaos rained around them her skill was as excellent and focused as always. And then a flash of light and they were gone.

Where they arrived was once again all too familiar to them, after all they had just recently left. In front of them Downy was focused on a glowing blue crystal that floated in front of him. The crystal was projecting the fight between the two monstrous Servant and Downy's face to the chaos was one of content. Without bothering to turn back to his fellow comrades he spoke up to them. "Report."

Imnity the first to regain herself after their transportation spoke up. "As you can tell another grand battle has begun inside the city, the power's of the two opposing forces seem to be far greater than anything we've seen up to this point, perhaps rivaling that of the Sacred Armor itself."

A quick wave of Downy's hand and Imnity moved to her next topic. "Besides that we've also come across a beast of ancient draconian heritage. Though unfortunately it seems to have been injured somehow.  As you are well away my expertise is not in healing, but due to the insistence of our ally Saber, we decided to bring it back anyway to see if you might be willing to do anything for it."

At the mention of an ancient dragon, Downy finally took his eyes of the chaos of the screen and turned to face the arrivals. Turning to face the sickened beast he spoke to it. "So, you wish to ask for my help? And why should I give it to you?" His eyebrow raised as he asked the question he awaited a response.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 01, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Imnity
Warehouses

A quick wave of Downy's hand and Imnity moved to her next topic. "Besides that we've also come across a beast of ancient draconian heritage. Though unfortunately it seems to have been injured somehow.  As you are well away my expertise is not in healing, but due to the insistence of our ally Saber, we decided to bring it back anyway to see if you might be willing to do anything for it."

At the mention of an ancient dragon, Downy finally took his eyes of the chaos of the screen and turned to face the arrivals. Turning to face the sickened beast he spoke to it. "So, you wish to ask for my help? And why should I give it to you?" His eyebrow raised as he asked the question he awaited a response.
He was not a stranger to teleportation magic, so the queasiness of the inexperienced did not take hold of his already addled sense. "By your words, you are not one for charity. Very well. I can offer my services and alliance as a combatant and messenger. While weakened at the moment, kindly do not count me as lesser to any other dragons you have experience with." Lycodrake could tell a little bit about the man before him by their eye contact: this man had no use for those without use to him.

"However, if you are the sort to target innocents, then I shall be on my way as quickly as I am able. I am grateful that your servant and ally aided me, but that gratitude will never extend to helping you if you are that sort."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 01, 2014, 11:21:06 PM »
The King above Kings had defeated this mountain once before, so it did not come to Karna as a surprise when his fists began raining down on one end of the mountain like a machine gun, pieces crushing anything unfortunate enough below. Karna could attack the King of Heroes from the side, but such an act would be cowardly and dishonorable. So instead, he was going to go in from the front. Even when faced with a mountain in his way.

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!"

With a battle cry of his own, Karna's fists, covered in a layer of fire, began tearing the mountain to pieces. He and Gilgamesh, beating on the mountain from one side each, tore through the entire thing in a matter of seconds, reducing it to nothing but rubble on the ground below. Face to face, once again, Karna's fists collided with Gilgamesh's right cheek, only to suffer a similar blow on his own left not a second later.

Then, faster than any eye could follow, blows began to rain down by the dozen on each great hero. Fists were deflected, blocked, struck true and dodged five times a second, and the sheer force of wind from the blows caused nearby buildings to suffer extreme damage.

It was two unstoppable, immovable objects that collided a thousand times a minute. While Karna had the clear advantage in skill and the conceptual protection of his body, the King of Heroes was faster and stronger and tougher in body. Simply their heels digging into the building below them began to tear the tower-like skyscraper down floor by floor, as gold met gold in a flash of sparks for the ten thousandth time, and within minutes they were standing upon flat soil.

"Come on, King of Heroes. Is this all you can manage despite the venom you spat at me?! Show me the strength that toppled the gods and overcame death!"
"Well, this is beginning to get out of hand." Grigori was beginning to get a little worried. People where a renewable resource so their deaths matter little, but he still wanted to see the rest of the city. If the fighters didn't stop soon nothing would be left, and they didn't look like it was going to stop soon. "Going to have to take care of this myself."

Grigori held out his hand and blue light burst into existence. It twisted around his hands and he shaped it into a spell that would best fit the current situation. Normally he would do this without the theatrics but he was in a good mood today. Then the light became even brighter. He looked down to see the patterns on his arm glowing. It seemed like it was capable of boosting his magic with it's own. "How interesting creature. It seems you provide your own benefits." With that said Grigori released the magic and a massive blue dome began to form over the battlefield. Thousands of sigils moved across it. Repel, block, stop, and slow were just a few that were shown. It would be able to stop any backlash from the fight and hopefully stop it from spreading any farther. However, it was time to make a spectacle out of this fight. Everyone deserves a chance to see a battle of this magnitude. An enormous screen appeared in the air and the recording sigils within the dome began to activate. Grigori snapped his fingers and his voice became loud enough to be heard around the city. A chair and desk built itself out of the fallen rubble and he sat down.

"Hello people of Nexus City. I am your host Grigori and I am here to bring you the fight of the century. One one side we have the Son of Surya, Karna! On the other we have the one, the only, King of Heroes! So far they have wrecked multiple city blocks and crushed dozens of skyscrapers, and the property damage is only getting higher! NOW LETS GET THIS CITY READY TO CRUUUUUUUUUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The desk and chair crumbled away and Grigori began to leave when he heard a voice. "Hey man! Let us out of here!" Grigori looked over to see a man in a ragged pair of jeans surrounded by a few others. "I'm sorry my good man but after all that effort I went to creating that barrier I simply don't feel like opening it for you. It would be much more entertaining to see if you actually survived this clash of titans. Come back to me if you do." He began to walk away. Even when they began to scream and curse he simply ignored them. Now that he could view the fight from anywhere it was time to see what kinds of people he could draw out. A simple burst of mana sent him flying blocks away from the barrier. Now that there was a suitable amount of distance he let mana pour out of him. Any human being would be able to sense it at this point. The deluge of magical energies would send tingles down anyone's spine. Those especially attuned to the magical arts could sense him easily now. It was just a matter of time before someone accepted his invitation.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:21:56 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1748 on: May 02, 2014, 12:23:10 AM »
Vatler observed the phenomena before his eyes with a frown. He had hoped to see the abilities of these god-like warriors, sons of the Tenbu themselves, would prove a challenge he could go all-out against, but now the battlefield had been sealed off by a gigantic sphere, though however had put it up clearly took as much joy in this spectacle as Vatler did, having covered the sphere of power with screens displaying the battle within.

Changing his expression to a smirk, Vatler had instead now found a different goal. While he would definitely keep watch on the spectacle, as golden warrior hit golden warrior for the hundredth thousandth time with world-shaking force without giving an inch, Vatler had instead detected a new source of entertainment. Whoever had put up this massive barrier was using a large amount of mana, an action that was trace on the wind.

'When a mage makes it this obvious that they are using magic, they want visitors. That's juuuuust fine with me.'

With a thought, Vatler's body decomposed into white sand and blew in the direction of this great mage.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 02, 2014, 12:29:05 AM »
It only took a few minutes for Minato to walk to the place where the magical energy was emitting from after seeing the barrier go up and feeling the outpouring of magical power.

A powerful looking person was just standing there radiating power like it was nothing.

Looking it straight in the face,
"So you are where that barrier came from," said Minato softly, "why the beacon?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:31:06 AM by Kurogami »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 02, 2014, 12:32:15 AM »

Saber simply crossed her arms. Now that she was in the presence of her Master, she waited for him to make a decision about the possible new ally. It was a good chance as any to evaluate him. As a Knight, she wasn't exactly convinced about his motivations but as a Servant, she had to follow his command.

Quote from: Downy
So, you wish to ask for my help? And why should I give it to you?

Lycodrake offered his services in return but they had to take in account his own morality.

Quote from: Lycodrake
However, if you are the sort to target innocents, then I shall be on my way as quickly as I am able. I am grateful that your servant and ally aided me, but that gratitude will never extend to helping you if you are that sort.

And this is where things wouldn't work. Downy appeared to be the kind to use any means necessary to obtain what he wanted. As proved with the magic circles spread in town. The man who destroyed them had claimed that Downy aimed to kill innocents. Collateral damage since he intended to go back to his world through that process.  But her Master never actually showed any remorse about it.

There was a world between their views, so, the knight thought about something that wouldn't cause conflict. Mordred carefully eyed Downy as she stepped forward.

"If I may suggest something, Master. I believe Lobelia hasn't come back to us yet. We could have him help us in locating her. That way, he can be of use to us without having to worry about bringing harm upon innocent people. I would consider it a fair deal if it helps us bringing back one of your Generals. But first, could you at least deal with what's weakening him?" She turned to Lycodrake. "One of us is missing. We would appreciate your cooperation in that matter."

----

"Well, at least you're used to troubles. Something that will come in handy around the-..."

His sentence cut short by a sudden collision, the werewolf hit his . The driver let out a yell on par with the brakes' volume as tires left a burned trail on the concrete. Before the vehicle even stopped its momentum, Kyle was out there, looking for what was the cause of their accident.

What he saw was a sort of robot lying on the ground. From where he stood, it was hard to tell if it had taken any damage. The driver didn't wait an instant to run away, leaving his car behind without second thoughts. Not an uncommon thing in Nexus though. Kyle checked inside the cab to see if his companion was fine.

"You alright, man? Looks like we found something pretty unique."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 02, 2014, 12:47:56 AM »
Grigori smirked when he saw the first person appear. A man with blonde hair and blue eyes dressed in a white suit. Then came another one. With blue hair dressed in what seemed to be a school uniform.

"So you are where that barrier came from," said Minato softly, "why the beacon?"

"I wanted to test the waters. Those two in the barrier have proved to be entertaining enough , but I want to stretch these old bones a little. However, it would be rude to not introduce myself. I am Grigori. I am not one for flamboyance but a first impression is important." He stretched out his arms and for a second he changed. The mortal shell was dropped for a single moment and the essence of a god was exposed to the world. The air smelled like rotting flesh and there were soft whispers. They spoke of the end, of eternity, of the ruin of all things. "Now, shall we begin?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:50:11 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 02, 2014, 01:38:44 AM »
Minato feels a smirk starting to appear, normally he would be more hesitant to get into a fight, but it has been SO long...

"All right, let's see how you compare to the others."

The time it took to enter striking range was so short that it could not even be called an instant;
the slash showed the practice of a thousand and more battles;
as the blade of light, forged by Lucifer to kill God, rushed at the neck of the deity in human skin.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:40:07 AM by Kurogami »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1753 on: May 02, 2014, 01:45:40 AM »
"Hooh, the essence of a death god? An intriguing power source indeed, but I'm afraid to tell you that won't do much by itself."

With that, Vatler raised his hand, and in the palm of it, he built up a sphere of purple magical energy, crackling with lightning. Then, as his sunglasses lit up, revealing that his light-blue eyes had taken a shade of blood-red, a vast beam of purple magic flew forward towards the faux-god as an odd teenager jumped into view at the same time, clearly stalking the same prey.

Things were about to get very interesting. Just as Vatler liked it...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:48:25 AM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 02, 2014, 02:16:32 AM »
Even as the teenager moved towards him Grigori had already made his move. A wall of rock had formed in front of him while the ground below him opened up and swallowed him without a sound. He felt a stinging sensation and realized that the boy had managed to cut him before he fully submerged. It was a minor cut and a spark of healing magic closed the cut. Grigori began to push mana into the rock. In a second the earth rumbled, and thousands of spikes burst from the ground. Then he aimed at the approximate location of the blonde haired man. A ball of light formed in his hands and he fired. It would blast through the rock and kill him instantly. Unless he was fast enough to avoid it. It would be disappointing if the man couldn't.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:18:05 AM by Umbra of Chaos »