Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 182692 times)

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #1755 on: May 02, 2014, 02:39:35 AM »
As both Gilgamesh and Karna tore through the mountain, Gilgamesh could not hide his feral grin or his rising enjoyment. As their fists reduced the mountain to fragments, shattering the stone with staggering force, The King truly began to enjoy this fight. It had been a long, long time since he had fought someone who could challenge him. And, as he contemplated that fact, the last part of the mountain was destroyed as both combatants unleashed a mighty blow.

The King of Heroes unleashed a powerful blow to Karna's left cheek only to receive the same on his right - in that instant, the fight was on. A hailstorm of blows that would crush any other man were unleashed from both fighters. Thousands upon thousands of strikes were exchanged in minutes, each so powerful that the shockwaves tore the building they were on to shreds. Fighting through each layer of the building even as he fell, The Golden King matched Karna's skill and endurance with raw power and speed.

Soon they stood upon the bare soil, surrounded by rubble, and fought on. Even as a massive dome went up around him, Gilgamesh didn't care. Though the skill difference was enough to match his power, that would soon change. Gilgamesh doubled, then tripled, then quadrupled the power behind his fists. Waves of wind from the sheer speed of his blows matched, no, exceeded the flame from Karna's fists as The Golden King slowly forced him back. Each strike shook the space within the dome, the air pressure from each of their blows cratering the ground beneath them in an expanding wave.

As the violence, strength, and speed of their attacks escalated, shaking the ground beneath them, Gilgamesh could not help but laugh. Laughing even as they tore through the city underneath the dome, the King of Heroes was truly enjoying himself.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:36:42 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 02, 2014, 03:42:30 AM »
This time a long silence followed. It appeared Nessa was done asking, yet, her gaze stayed on the man. Only the faint sound of her legs swinging could be heard. After few more seconds she decided to enquire about one last point.

"It did something to you, right? Turning me." She paused to judge his reaction. "You don't have to hide stuff from me at this point."
...She saw right through me. A resigned smile forced its way to my face, fangs extending slightly, just enough to show they were there. "I still have my secrets. There's always something one of our kind wants to hide."

I broke eye contact, for a few seconds, looking at the door out of the office. I could just leave her to her own devices now, that I'd taught her the basics. She'd learn about her own powers on her own. But, in the end, I'd never be able to forgive myself if I abandoned one of my Blood.

"And yeah. It did something to me. What I did to you now, wasn't human. Wasn't even close to human. So the Beast is stepping into that gap the Man has left."

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 02, 2014, 04:46:32 AM »

Quote from: Jack
I still have my secrets. There's always something one of our kind wants to hide.

"I bet," she answered with a shy smile in return.

She watched him as he looked at the door. Nessa could obviously tell what was going through his mind but she didn't dare say anything.

And yeah. It did something to me. What I did to you now, wasn't human. Wasn't even close to human. So the Beast is stepping into that gap the Man has left.

"..."

Nessa closed her eyes. She didn't have the words. She couldn't think of anything that would alleviate her sin. She was the reason a cursed man had been pushed further down the path of damnation. She could never restore back the part of humanity she stole from him. It caused her almost physical pain to even think about it. She couldn't even apologize to him. What purpose but to make her feel better about it? No, she wasn't allowed to do that.

Still, she couldn't let it go like that. The adolescent approached the man and hugged him gently.

"It's alright. You'll be fine."

She hugged harder.

"You said that you lost a part of yourself in the process. That you gave away your humanity for me. But you didn't lose it. I received your gift. I'm not leaving your sacrifice go to waste. I'll keep it in your stead. And I will stay by your side. That way, you will feel whole once again. We're family now."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:59:17 AM by Daiki »

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 02, 2014, 05:23:06 AM »
Downy Reed
The Inbetween

Downy recognized the serious intent of the dragon's words. Though he had never met a Dragon in person he had studied them. They were often times very ancient and wise creatures though personalities differed they often stayed true to their own goals regardless of the situation they were placed in.

After a moment of thought had passed Downy finally spoke up. "Myself and my companions simply wish to finish a task laid out before us. There is a man named Gabriel, he has done a great misdeed to me. I simply want to repay him in full. As for the rest of the people in this city, the innocents that you speak of... I have no interest in them any more. They will not be harmed so long as it is avoidable, of that you have my word."

He let into a bow one most fitting of his stature and stared directly into the creatures eyes so as to show he meant every word he spoke. But would the dragon believe him?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 02, 2014, 05:39:17 AM »
Uchiten
Rooftop - amidst the battlefield of the warrior gods

Ketsumoto Uchiten was entertained. A smile stretched across his face beyond what would seem physically possible, painting an expression of extreme joy. Sitting in the air few centimeters above the dull grey floor, one leg held up by the other, hand under his chin, a little maniacal light shone behind his shades. His eyes were wide, taking in every detail of the cataclysmic clash happening so close to him. For a given value of close, because were he to stand closer than the tens of hundreds of meters from it he was now, he was certain to walk away worse for the wear. But even danger of serious injury or death would not dissuade him from watching this.

An impossible battle the likes of which he had never seen, godly powers and their holders colliding again and again with an intensity that only grew greater every second. A radiant, beautiful, remorseless and ruthless contest of wills, completely unnaffected by the extreme destruction it caused with every span. It was magnificent, unmatched, and glorious. Even if the powers involved were too much for him to join on a whim (and doing so would likely cause a disservice to the fighters, not to mention be incredibly rude of him), being this close and perceiving the exchange of blows was already extremely satisfying on a personal level. He could not remember the last time he enjoyed himself so much!

Besides Uchiten, with feet standing firm on the ground was Zan, eyebrows twitching, single eye wider than his master's as he too watched the spectacle. Cold sweat ran down his face and shaking wracked his body from head to toe, fear bearing down on him, but still a feral smile of excitement remained on his face.

The two were watching the confrontation from inside the boundaries of a simple square carved on the rooftop of a tall building. Its four sides were oriented according to the cardinal directions, and its area covered almost all of the surface on which they stood. The barrier, enforced by the power of Byakko, Genbu, Seiryuu and Suzaku, had so far prevented any harm from coming into the space it guarded. The powerful shockwaves, falling pieces of the destroyed mountain, and lashing typhoon winds had crashed uselessly against it, mere byproducts of the fight that they were. If an attack from either of the golden warriors came against it in earnest, it was doubtful it would hold without strain, but for the moment it was sufficient, keeping the top of the building mostly safe from the unfolding cataclysm.

The rest of the construction couldn't be said to be in as much proper form. Large parts of it had been sheared by the winds of Karna, the stray weapons of Gilgamesh had rent through it and destroyed it, and the effects of the fighting in general had reduced it to little more than a crumbling tower; the top floors somehow held in place, all but floating in clear defiance of the laws of physics as the boundary field sought to maintain the integrity of the absolute territory it protected.

Uchiten had had the luck of bearing witness to the opening blows of the conflict between the great heroes through the eyes of one of his familiars (soonafter shred to nothing by the backlash); and of having managed to secure a good observation point a safe distance from it before the environmental damage escalated.

Now, they were enjoying the view for all it was worth.

"Don't be foolish. Even if you are an old and powerful youkai, you are not their match. Were it anyone else, maybe, but even their sheer strength surpasses your own. As they are, you would keep up for no more than a few strikes before being obliterated; against either of them." Uchiten said, breaking the silence after taking a glance at his shikigami.

The oni responded between heavy panting. "No... if, if I...." and as he did, his free hand ever slowly rose, drawing near his eyepatch...

Until it froze from the iron tone of his master that left no room for questioning.

"Zan."

Then, suddenly straighting himself and pulling his hand back to his side, the youkai of slaughter hid his rampant excitement behind a professional face, and lightly lowered his head. The onmyouji's smile had shrunk, and Zan could tell so from his master's voice alone.

"My pardons." he offered in repentance.

Uchiten's piercing gaze once more slid to him, evaluated him shortly, and left to focus back on the fight, accompanied by a dismissive hum from its owner. Zan, too, returned his attention to it, silently securing his growing bloodlust.

As they both beheld it with their full attention again, the perimeter of the battle was surrounded by a transparent dome of magic, and the responsible made himself noticed by the leaking of power and his grandiose show. Zan frowned. Uchiten showed no outward reaction, and like his bodyguard, kept his concerns on following the brawl.

Inside his mind, he had a single thought of interest and let his smile grow larger again.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 05:59:01 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Brahmastra

« Reply #1760 on: May 02, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »
A ball of light formed in his hands and he fired. It would blast through the rock and kill him instantly. Unless he was fast enough to avoid it. It would be disappointing if the man couldn't.

A ball of light out of the ground, towards Vatler at a high speed... and flew uselessly through him as his body once again dispersed into mist before instantly reappearing, smirking as widely as ever.

"So you wish to play cat and mouse, great sorcerer? Very well, but know that I'm hard to satisfy that way."

Takshaka!

A massive grey dragon with a neon-pink pattern running down it's stomach appeared out of thin air behind Vatler. With a fingersnap of his, it opened it's jaws wide as a grey energy ball built up inside it's mouth. Not a second later, an endless rain of grey energy needles began to destroy the entire area around where his opponent had burrowed in. Vatler knew his opponent couldn't hide for long, and smiled at the thought.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~!"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:36:51 AM by Brahmastra »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #1761 on: May 02, 2014, 11:05:02 AM »
ERROR

PERFORMING SYSTEM CHECKUP...
CRITICAL SYSTEM FAILURE DETECTED...SYSTEM REBOOTING
…FAILED
EXTERNAL SYSTEMS OFFLINE. INTERNAL SYSTEMS...EXPOSED.
BEGINNING SAFETY MEASURES...

WARNING: SYSTEM OVERRIDDEN.

...SYSTEM REBOOTING...

ALL SYSTEMS...ONLINE. UNIT I.D. R31-N4: ACTIVATED.

The unit's eyes slowly fluttered open. She tried running scans of her systems, maybe even assess the events that had occurred earlier. But...nothing came. No matter how much she tried, she could not replay the information from her memory banks. Apparently, whatever had happened after her attempted suicide attack had left her with some serious damage.

Or, at least, it should have.

While she could not recover the information regarding said events, her systems and body seemed to be, while not in perfect condition, in working order. However, she did feel a strange sensation coming from her torso.

The unit peered down (now realizing she was laid down on the floor) and saw what appeared to be a young girl working repairs on her body. She seemed to have a...happy, yet determined expression on her face. Based on her recent scan, she seemed to be almost finished.

“Who...are you?” the unit inquired, her voice coming slightly monotone and tired. Just who was this girl?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 02, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »
A ball of light out of the ground, towards Vatler at a high speed... and flew uselessly through him as his body once again dispersed into mist before instantly reappearing, smirking as widely as ever.

"So you wish to play cat and mouse, great sorcerer? Very well, but know that I'm hard to satisfy that way."

Takshaka!

A massive grey dragon with a neon-pink pattern running down it's stomach appeared out of thin air behind Vatler. With a fingersnap of his, it opened it's jaws wide as a grey energy ball built up inside it's mouth. Not a second later, an endless rain of grey energy needles began to destroy the entire area around where his opponent had burrowed in. Vatler knew his opponent couldn't hide for long, and smiled at the thought.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~!"

As the needles began to destroy his cover Grigori only smiled and formed a barrier. The needles were incapable of breaching it and with a burst of mana he flew 60 meters into the air. He raised his right arm and launched several blue fireballs at the man while his left arm crackled with electricity and sent several bolts of lightning at the beast.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1763 on: May 02, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »
. He raised his right arm and launched several blue fireballs at the man while his left arm crackled with electricity and sent several bolts of lightning at the beast.

Vatler was pleased that his opponent would not resort to cowardice, but he would have to try far harder than that to beat a monarch of the Warlord's Dominion.

"Takshaka!"

The already manifested Familiar used it's secondary function, the conjuring of metals, to bring forth a large lightning rod, which absorbed the bolts before they could even come close. However Vatler still had another set of projectiles to deal with.

"Sagara!"

Another Dragon, purple and black as night itself, manifested next to Vatler's left side, and immediately spewed forth a torrent of dark-blue water, drowning out the fireballs before descending upon the Sorcerer. At the same time, Takshaka shot the lightning rod into the fierce blast of water, electrifying it with the load from the lightning bolts.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:33:52 PM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 02, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »

"Well, at least you're used to troubles. Something that will come in handy around the-..."

His sentence cut short by a sudden collision, the werewolf hit his . The driver let out a yell on par with the brakes' volume as tires left a burned trail on the concrete. Before the vehicle even stopped its momentum, Kyle was out there, looking for what was the cause of their accident.

What he saw was a sort of robot lying on the ground. From where he stood, it was hard to tell if it had taken any damage. The driver didn't wait an instant to run away, leaving his car behind without second thoughts. Not an uncommon thing in Nexus though. Kyle checked inside the cab to see if his companion was fine.

"You alright, man? Looks like we found something pretty unique."

"I'm alright" replied JoJo, who was sturdy enough to come out of the accident with only some scratches. Using Hamon instinctively to reinforce his body to an extent could be the reason "What you say, is that some kind of machine?" he asked inquisitively.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 02, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »
"I'm alright" replied JoJo, who was sturdy enough to come out of the accident with only some scratches. Using Hamon instinctively to reinforce his body to an extent could be the reason "What you say, is that some kind of machine?" he asked inquisitively.
Once she was able to focus in on her visual and audio input, Elissa staggered up and quickly turned around. Catching sight of two individuals staring up at her, she quickly rose up her right arm and aimed the casting rods at the closest one to her.

"Which one of you was the operator of the vehicle?" Elissa demanded in a mechanical, yet feminine voice.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 02, 2014, 08:50:37 PM »
. He raised his right arm and launched several blue fireballs at the man while his left arm crackled with electricity and sent several bolts of lightning at the beast.

Vatler was pleased that his opponent would not resort to cowardice, but he would have to try far harder than that to beat a monarch of the Warlord's Dominion.

"Takshaka!"

The already manifested Familiar used it's secondary function, the conjuring of metals, to bring forth a large lightning rod, which absorbed the bolts before they could even come close. However Vatler still had another set of projectiles to deal with.

"Sagara!"

Another Dragon, purple and black as night itself, manifested next to Vatler's left side, and immediately spewed forth a torrent of dark-blue water, drowning out the fireballs before descending upon the Sorcerer. At the same time, Takshaka shot the lightning rod into the fierce blast of water, electrifying it with the load from the lightning bolts.
"You are a very interesting opponent. Such powerful familiars." With a gesture the water froze solid and with Grigori held the ice in midair. With the water frozen he could see the rod of metal inside. "Very clever as well. I wish to know your name before we continue this battle."

Brahmastra

« Reply #1767 on: May 02, 2014, 09:04:11 PM »
Vatler was truly beginning to enjoy this, his opponent providing the challenge he missed out on before. However, a proper duel could not be held without an exchange of names, and this Grigori, sharing name with a servant of his, was definitely worthy.

"I am Dmitrie Vatler, Duke of Ardeal, the first principality of the Warlord's Dominion, and born from my own lord, Lost Warlord, the First Primogenitor."

Even with his formal greeting, Vatler did not let up his attack. His azure eyes grew red once more.

"Vasuki!"

A red Dragon with green-tipped scales appeared and took the place of Takshaka, before opening it's jaws wide and unleashing a molten gust of fire, so hot that it melted buildings on contact and yet large enough to instantly cover a small forest.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:08:17 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 02, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
Vatler was truly beginning to enjoy this, his opponent providing the challenge he missed out on before. However, a proper duel could not be held without an exchange of names, and this Grigori, sharing name with a servant of his, was definitely worthy.

"I am Dmitrie Vatler, Duke of Ardeal, the first principality of the Warlord's Dominion, and born from my own lord, Lost Warlord, the First Primogenitor."

Even with his formal greeting, Vatler did not let up his attack. His azure eyes grew red once more.

"Vasuki!"

A red Dragon with green-tipped scales appeared and took the place of Takshaka, before opening it's jaws wide and unleashing a molten gust of fire, so hot that it melted buildings on contact and yet large enough to instantly cover a small forest.
Grigori was extremely amused. He had not expected much from his first fight but this Vatler had proved to be a formidable adversary. Then he looked over to see the flames rushing towards his position and began to pull up more mana.  One of the first ability a hydromancer learns is the ability to convert raw mana into water. Extremely useful in situations where there isn't a source of water nearby. With that in mind Grigori pulled upon his reserves and drowned out that incoming flames with a flood of water.

Grigori touched the water and the flood froze solid. He snapped his fingers, and the ice shifted into thousands of spikes. Another touch emblazoned the sigils of growth all over the ice. Even though the sigils had only been recently placed the ice began to grow on the ground and buildings. Even the spikes had this sigil on them, and they would grow on whatever they hit. With a single fingersnap the icicles were fired at the speed of bullets.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1769 on: May 02, 2014, 09:50:32 PM »
With a scoff, Vatler barely even acknowledged the oncoming storm of icicles. He had begun to realize that neither he nor his opponent felt truly into this fight.

"Vasuki!"

The red Dragon, having never disappeared in the first place, responded with another wave of fire, reducing both the fire and icicles to steam, hanging thick in the air.

"There is little to be gained from this fight. Neither you nor I have the intention of taking this seriously, so what do you say we call a truce, and behold the spectacle below?", Vatler asked, inclining the vast battle of the golden warriors with a shake of his head. As to prove his honesty, the two Dragons behind Vatler disappeared from sight.