Author Topic: Cross Effects- The RP  (Read 183777 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects- The RP
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »
Rider listened to the other servants discussing Isa’s rescue mission, somewhat irritated that they all seemed to be ignoring her offer entirely. Why they would trust Shirou or Shuya over her was beyond her. Before she could speak up, though, she heard Kiyoshi ask about Taiga’s whereabouts.

Oh, crap.

Rider herself couldn’t care less about Taiga, really. She was an irritating little brat. But, she knew that Kiyoshi would not let her just walk off alone.

In response to Kiyoshi’s question, Sakura swore under her breath and pulled out her phone.

"Hey idiot, Taiga is headed your way", she said.

Rider presumed that her statement was aimed at Satoshi. This was confirmed when the girl continued.

"Turns out another version of Shirou and an alternative version of my dad, there's two by the way, one is dark, should I be worried? Well they gave the kid, erm. Kiyoshi their version of what a hero is and that's when Taiga disappeared, so likely she's going to tell you to beat them up", she said.

That little shit, Rider thought.

Whilst she had no love for the alternate Shirou, why the hell an eight-year-old girl felt that she was more morally responsible than a bunch of adults was beyond her. It was pretty clear that these idiots had not been brought up at-all well.

But, then, things got worse. Sakura fiddled with the phone and, then, held it up. From it came the voice of Satoshi.

"Alright I have an announcement to make, first off Kiyo, normally I'd whip your ass for leaving my sister in the lurch like this but since Barbie's teenage vampire  didn't give you the message imma let you off the hook this time. Rider you over emotional freak if you want to fight me you're welcome to, I'll tape it and prove to the kid how weak you are, oh fyi imma kill his mom if you don't come fight me. As for the Shirou and Archer pair. You three are chumps and Alter is in the throne room  so that slim chance you had just dropped to zero. I do plan on beating your faces in on principle alone, stomping a dream into the mud is not what heroes of any caliber do. So get past my defenses if you dare but if I were you I'd stay out of the knight's  way. Up to you chumps"

Rider’s face contorted with rage as she listened to Satoshi’s “announcement”. Any concept of helping Isa or anyone else disappeared from her mind with the threat to her master’s safety.

And, how the hell did he get hold of Sakura?

“Give me that damn phone!” she said, angrily, attempting to grab it from Sakura, as she noticed the darkened Archer go over and attempt to shout into the phone.

But, he had already hung up.

Rider sighed.

I’m going to kill that bastard.

No, actually, that’ll be too damn quick. I’m going to
torture him.

“I’m going to have to deal with that idiot, it seems. I can’t risk him hurting Sakura, either. Kiyoshi, you are not coming with me, you need to go and rest. I’ll be back soon, I promise, and I’ll have that ass.. idiot following behind me in chains.”

Rider was apopoletic with rage. How dare he threaten Sakura like that? And, worse, seemingly even kidnap her and hold her for ransom?

The guy was going to suffer, more than anyone had ever suffered before. He seemed to have some regenerative abilities, too, which would only make his suffering far more intense.

“Sakura, give me that damn phone. NOW”, she said. It was clear from the tone of her voice that she had no intention of taking no for an answer.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:18:55 PM by Cherry Lover »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
"I can't force him to come with me.  Well, technically I could, but it would be wrong," she said.

Shuya had an irritated face. "Don't give me that crap. Use your sex appeal or something." He flicked her forefront. "Suggest you cover yourself before getting arrested." He grabbed the pink item from her hands right before the Irish Servant got closer. Forest and Lancer exchanged words before the man looked at him.

"So, rescue mission then?"

Shuya nodded with a grimace. "Guess so. Shame that drinks will have to wait."

----

"Isa, it's not your fault what happened, and you're not causing us trouble. Even the strongest people need rescuing sometimes. The only 'repayment' we want from you is for you to get better and be able to smile again. You're a lovely girl, and I would be happy to be your friend and to help you in any way I can."

"Thank you, Rider. I will take up your offer of becoming your friend, then."

She was about to hug the Servant but someone talked, interrupting her.

"Fine, let's get to one of the higher rooftops and I can see the girl.  I assume she looks like her, right?"

Isabella jumped in.

"Yes, we're twins."

----

Shuya quickly came back with sword and scabbard. He heard the taunting from the phone but decided to ignore it since he wasn't concerned. However a quick glance at Rider indicated she was about to snap. She even approached the girl who held the cellphone with a furious expression. The half demon emitted a grunt and walked to her.

"The fuck you're gonna do?" He asked. "It's obviously a trap. If you go, you're as good as dead. Then, Kiyoshi will be left alone and will mostly likely end up doing something stupid." He was talking on a low tone. "Besides, nothing says he has your master. Might just be a bluff." He removed his hand, unlikely she would listen in her anger but it would be a waste to die like that. "Not gonna tell you what you should do, but think about the consequences beforehand."

With that, he called the searching party with a hand, his eyes on Archer.

"You said you could spot her, so I suggest we try this building." Thumb aimed at a business tower. His hand showed what Forest gave him. "In case that doesn't work, we got this. The vampire said we could track the kid with it. "

---

Isabella threw an anxious look at Archer, Forest and Hakuno. The tone was strange but she had heard that voice previously. "Was that Satoshi?" It seemed that she had a lot to catch up with.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2013, 03:06:17 AM »
Sakura immediately slid the phone back into her coat. "congratulations you just wasted everyone's time by talking to dead air." she told the Darkened Archer.

turning to Rider with a sigh "No, you are not touching a very expensive piece of Association tech. You couldn't hope to pay it off with twelve life times worth of work."

"frankly, it is a trap, and Archer, the dark one that is, he isn't blaming you for the kid, he just has history with your current form, so it's more challenging you just to have a cathartic fight and work out the spookies. As for Rider, well it's her choice, I'll say this that my little brother, dark or not only fights fairly. As he is now it will be so you can't complain if you lose. If you guys want information in anymore effectiveness than his I'm going to need some tea." she explained finishing.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 21, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »
Sephiroth was starting to get worried.

No, not for himself, he was perfectly alright.

It was this Vanessa girl that he was worried for, what with those injuries that appeared out of nowhere, and he didn't have his Cure Materia on hand to help her out. In fact, it was more like he only had a small amount of his potions with him, and....

Hold on, what potions of his were they, exactly?

Pulling out his bag of potions, he was thoroughly shocked that he had well over 99 elixirs on hand, which should have been impossible!

Well, not like it was a bad thing, as he picked up one of the excess elixirs, moved over to Vanessa, picked her up gently, positioned her body to safely accept the elixir, opened the bottle, and helped her drink the liquid.

As soon as he finished feeding her the elixir, Sephiroth felt the presence of at least three others, but he wasn't sure how many there were. Eventually, they would come and find out what was going on, but he wouldn't leave her alone while they needed to know what was going on.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2013, 05:35:17 AM »
Mu sipped his tea as he stared at the Cafe's television as it streamed the local news, he had a slow start in Nexus and it wasn't picking up much. He wasn't really short on cash, it was more along the lines of boredom and lack of interesting activity.

Mu stood up as he finished off his tea and placed the empty cup on the table with a well sized tip under the cup, he grabbed his briefcase as he exited the Cafe.

He moved into the crowd of citizens, none of them aware that an assassin walked among them. Or at least those incapable of spotting his movements, to the untrained eye he appeared to move like retired soldier returning to civilian life but to the experienced eye he walked and moved like a trained assassin. Mu knew this, after all a tiger can never change his stripes and he could never hide his origin from those of the same deadly past as him own.

He moved through the crowd aimlessly, his face set in blank slate revealing nothing to all but the most skilled facial expression readers. Silently Mu wished something exciting would happen, he was fairly bored and in need of some excitement after all.

That was when the screams for help started, Mu whirled about in the direction of the screams and made his way towards the screams for help as the crowd began to panic while fleeing the area.

Mu drew forth his trusted Railgun in preparation for the worst, just as he rounded the next corner he was confronted by a series of monsters attacking the innocent people of Nexus. Before any of the creatures could so much as respond to his presence much less notice him, Mu had his sights on a monster that had cornered a woman with two children and in an instant he appeared on the collective radars of the monsters in the vicinity as he squeezed off his shot.

The boom and the Railgun firing was quickly followed by said afore mentioned monster's head exploding in a mess of a gore, two more boom sounds followed as the two monsters preventing the family's escape met the same fate. He placed his briefcase into his coat before using the same hand to draw forth Dragoon from within his coat, now duel wielding a pair of powerful pistols in the face of a large number of monsters set on slaughtering those in the city.

It was a slaughterfest and not in the favor of those same monsters, Mu cursed himself for his wish of excitement earlier.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:10:22 AM by Mordalfus Grea »
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 26, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »
Mille blushed as she was swept into Lancer's arms. As embarrassed as she still was to have to be carried in the first place, Mille found the experience quite pleasant. The feel of those muscular arms holding her close was just right, his scent of warm, clean fur and musk both comforting and intoxicating. She couldn't help but smile a tiny bit in spite of herself. With a wink and a promise not to jostle her around too much, Lancer carried her towards the main group.

"Yes, thank you Sir. And everyone for helping me."
"No problem at all," said Finn. "Just glad I could help ya out."

Events moved forward, and Finn's introduction to Forest didn't go unnoticed.
"Nice to meetcha." [Shuya] repeated with a grin. "Sure, is a first I hear that addressed to a blood sucker. Might change your opinion soon, though."
The comment didn't bother Finn much. He was about to say something in reply when he noticed the half-demon had already wandered off towards Forest, and had her step away from the rest of the group. From what he could get from it, the mercenary had designated a group to go and find the girl's missing sister, and it involved Finn himself.

Finn laughed. "Hey now, I don't think of myself as much of an asshole, but I definitely don't mind bein' a part of 'Team Asshole' if it means helping out more. Count me in."

Finn then turned to the tall blonde vampire. "Forest huh? Figures someone as pretty as you would have a pretty name." He blushed for letting the last comment slip out. "And yeah, looks like we might be in for a bit of a rough haul, but I'm sure things'll turn out fine. I may not be as powerful as my little sis, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve, so I'll help ya however I can."

Rin sighed, then turned to Archer. "I don't imagine you'd want to let me go with those guys all by myself do you? Because I'm going too. I didn't lose much energy earlier, and the more help we have to get this done quickly, the better."

Before Rin could say anything else, she felt a farily large mass hit her with a fair bit of force. Rin looked down to investigate the source of pressure, only to see that a young boy was hugging her quite tightly.

This must be Kiyoshi, Rin thought. 

Rather awkwardly, Rin hugged Kiyoshi back. Even if she had been warned ahead of time, she didn't know if she was quite ready to be an auntie just yet.

Hakuno nodded in agreement with what Rider had told Isa. "It's just like Rider says. You shouldn't feel bad at all." She gave Isa a warm smile. "That's what friends are for, after all."

Then a girl who looked like an Amazonian Rin, who's name happened to be Sakura, had a rather unpleasant phonecall from Satoshi transmitted to the crowd at large.

After Shuya said his piece on the situation Toshi had presented, Archer nodded. "He's right. Besides, we don't have any evidence that Satoshi isn't just bluffing. If he had Sakura hostage, he should have been able to let us hear her over the phone. Plus there's no way he could have captured her that quickly. Even assuming that the idiot knows how to cut off your connection to Sakura, you would have felt her through your Ley Line the moment she arrived in this world, before she got captured." He looked Rider in the eyes. "Don't waste your time going after this moron. I'm sure Sakura would rather have you stay and protect her son than chase after some jackass who's threatening with an empty hand."

Hakuno found herself agreeing with Archer. "Don't go, Rider. He's nothing but a hypocrite and a big, arrogant bully." She narrowed her eyes, and turned to Ruby. "Ruby, how fast do you recharge?"

"Shouldn't take too long, hopefully~ Thinking of teaching that jerk a lesson? ❤"

Archer sighed before turning to Hakuno. "It's as good of an idea for you to go after him as it is for Rider, kaleido stick or not. I'm not too fond of the asshole, especially since he threatened to kill me in front of you for shallow reasons, but that doesn't mean he's worth risking your life over." He leaned down closer to her. "And besides, if you really want to help someone that badly, Isa needs support right now," the bowman whispered. "She seems to really trust you. Who will be there to help her recover if something happens to you?"

Hakuno felt a twinge of guilt at the thought of abandoning Isa. She nodded. "Alright, I'll leave him be. I guess I need the rest anyway." She turned back to Isa. "We should get home and let the search party bring Isa's sister back to her."   

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:48 AM »
"Thank you, Rider. I will take up your offer of becoming your friend, then", Isa said.

Rider gave the girl a kind smile in return. She prepared to speak up, to offer to help find the girl's sister once Kiyoshi was safely in bed when she heard Satoshi's message. At that point, all thoughts of helping Isa went, to be replaced with concern for her own master.

Rider was absolutely livid at Satoshi's threat, and demanded the phone from Sakura, determined to get more information from the asshole. After Shuya had attempted to dissuade her, Sakura replied negatively to her demand, irritating her further.

If she doesn't give me the fucking thing, I'm going to take it from her, call the bastard and then shove it down her fucking throat, Rider thought, angrily.

Rider was livid that the girl considered the value of her phone as more important than the life of her own aunt. But, before she could tear into the girl further, she continued to speak, echoing Shuya's cautious sentiment.

"Frankly, it is a trap, and Archer, the dark one that is, he isn't blaming you for the kid, he just has history with your current form, so it's more challenging you just to have a cathartic fight and work out the spookies. As for Rider, well it's her choice, I'll say this that my little brother, dark or not only fights fairly. As he is now it will be so you can't complain if you lose. If you guys want information in anymore effectiveness than his I'm going to need some tea", she said.

Rider took a few deep breaths to calm herself. She wanted to tear into the girl, but she had offered to give information, and that information was something that Rider desperately needed. Plus, this was Rin's daughter, so it was likely that she had a somewhat explosive temper. Angering her was not likely to be productive. She was, however, somewhat bemused at Sakura's statement that Satoshi fought fairly.

Rider knew that Shuya and Sakura were right. It was surely a trap. Rushing in and springing that trap would mean her death, and that would mean she couldn't protect Sakura in the future. Plus, he'd provided no evidence that he even had Sakura. But, at the same time, she couldn't just ignore his threat, as empty as it might be right now.

Archer also spoke up, once again urging her to ignore the obvious trap, explaining that Sakura was most likely not even present.

He's right. I can't feel any connection to Sakura, and I he didn't provide any evidence. Plus, I would rather not die....

Hakuno continued, also urging her not to take the bait before, somewhat hypocritically, deciding that she would take Satoshi down herself. Unsurprisingly, Archer shot down that idea very rapidly.

Rider considered the situation, whether to take up Satoshi's "offer". Everything pointed to it being a bad idea. It was an obvious trap, and even if it wasn't she was likely not going to be able to beat a darkened form of him on his own ground. There was no evidence he even had Sakura.  If she took the bait, she would be sacrificing her own life and leaving Kiyoshi alone, just because there was a small chance that Satoshi had Sakura.

But, as much as every part of her screamed that it was a bad idea, she simply could not ignore it. Sakura could be in mortal danger, and that was not something Rider could overlook. And, even if she wasn't now, Satoshi would go after her in future, and that was not something Rider wanted to risk.

"I really don't know what I'll do, Shuya", she said.

Then, addressed everyone who had given her encouragement.

"Look, I know it's probably a trap, I know I'm probably going to die if I go after him. And, I don't want to die. I like my life, and I have people to protect.

But, at the same time, I can't just ignore his threat. What happens if he does have Sakura? If I ignore the threat then she'll die, probably horribly, and it'll be my fault. I can't allow that...."

Then, she turned to Sakura, more calmly than before.

"Look, please, I need that phone. I need to know if he really has my master.

But, even if he doesn't, he needs to be dealt with. Otherwise he might go after her later. For that, though, I need your help. I need information. So, let's all go home, get a nice cup of tea and we can discuss things."

Of course, Rider knew that Sakura would probably not be too happy with her plans for the asshole, but there was no need for her to find this out just yet. Hopefully she wouldn't be able to work it out from what she knew of her own Rider....

Then, as an afterthought, she added one more thing.

"Oh and, Sakura, kidnapping my master and threatening me into a fight doesn't seem particularly fair to me. And, if I lose I won't be able to complain about anything. Dead people can't talk...", she added, somewhat bitterly.

Kiyoshi smiled as the alternate version of his aunt returned his hug, albeit somewhat hesitently, He was glad that at least she was willing to acknowledge him as family, unlike his alternate-dimension siblings. Oblivious to the commotion his question about Taiga had caused, Kiyoshi held his 'aunt' tightly and lovingly.

It was only after 20 seconds or so of hugging that he realised he had not yet told her who he was.

Pulling out of the hug, he spoke to his 'aunt'.

"Oh, sorry, I never told you my name. I'm Kiyoshi, Shirou and Sakura's son", he said, smiling.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:21:28 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2013, 02:51:35 AM »
Sakura chuckled. "Unless your master will die of an extra ten pounds I doubt you have anything to worry about. Besides the phone is a magi device that's keyed to the user's magic circuit. Basically it's a one user only system, even if you did get him to answer he won't confirm her presence in the castle. The castle, for your information Archer can mask prana connections."

she sighed turning to the group. "My little brother is no killer Archer, frankly calling his reasoning shallow is laughable because he only makes such statements in response to death threats. So I'm left wondering who you threatened to be confronted like that. My father raised me to be a realist, that means monsters  die and when the dead, that's you servant chump, when they attack humans they become monsters. So you have no one to blame but yourself."

"Ruby fighting my brother is a bad idea. So unless you have other abilities I'd stay one of the fight." Sakura stated turning to Rider.

"in all seriousness Rider, he won't kill anyone he fights, my brother values life before anything else. Threats are nothing more than warnings or in the case of this threat a bait for a trap. You can go fight him without worrying."

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2013, 05:57:18 AM »
"Rider, this whole thing is idiotic," the corrupted Archer said with a shake of his head, "At least get some proof that he has your Master."

Lancer nodded and said, "Aye, the asshole's right.  If you want someone to do battle, the first thing you have to do is show them that the spoils are in at least reasonable condition."

"If he wanted to get his point across, he should have had her at least scream into the phone to get your attention," Archer said with a sigh and a shake of his head.  Not that he cared about whatever condition this Sakura was or wasn't, but getting Rider involved could get Rin involved.  Considering what happened the last time the Rin in his care got involved, Archer wasn't going to risk her after finding her again.

Rin sighed, then turned to Archer. "I don't imagine you'd want to let me go with those guys all by myself do you? Because I'm going too. I didn't lose much energy earlier, and the more help we have to get this done quickly, the better."

Right. The girl we have to find. 

He nodded, smirked, and said, "Going to make sure I behave?"

Then the kid hugged Rin with bone crushing force, and Rin awkwardly returned the embrace. 

He turned towards the other Sakura (he made a mental note if he got this Rin pregnant, that name was not an option) and said, "I don't care what negative feelings your brother has against 'this form'.  It wasn't me, I've never met the punk until tonight, and I'm not the asshole who ruined his day or whatever."

Lancer turned back to Shyua and sighed, "Aye, drinks will have to wait.  Hell, I'm starting to get annoyed with all of this action."  Then he laughed and said, "Well, its like that saying, be careful for what one wishes for, right, boyo?"

Forest flushed as the half demon flicked the remains of her shirt and she stammered, "I don't have any sex appeal and I doubt I'm that guy's type either."

Finn then turned towards her.  "Forest huh? Figures someone as pretty as you would have a pretty name." He blushed for letting the last comment slip out. "And yeah, looks like we might be in for a bit of a rough haul, but I'm sure things'll turn out fine. I may not be as powerful as my little sis, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve, so I'll help ya however I can."

She almost groaned at the pick up line and said, "Well, we appreciate the help and . . ."  She looked at Rider and touched her arm.  She said, "My Admrial Ackbar sense is telling me that 'It's a trap!'"

Raising her voice, she said, "Okay, Team Asshole, find Vanessa.  Lancer knows the way back to the stronghold.  Hako-chan, you stay with Isa until we get back.  Asian Wonder Woman, I just fought your brother, he doesn't seem like the type to take prisoners.  He is the type to have issues though.  Lots and lots of issues.  Unfortunately, night's wasting and the sun will be up soon.  I don't fancy becoming crispy.  Everyone, let's go."

She did give Shirou a look as he went to look for Vanessa.

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2013, 10:33:09 AM »
Shirou was perched on the tip of a tower, binoculars in hand as he scanned the area. It was rather lucky that it was a breeze-less night, otherwise he would have had a much harder time balancing on such a high surface in his present condition.

Golden eyes narrowed as he spotted what appeared to be a castle on the outskirts of the city. That hadn't been there on his last check, so it was most likely a product of magic: either recently created by, or hidden using magic. It was most likely the idiot's lair. Nothing he could do about it now, but he would send the coordinates to his...allies at a later time.

Moving on, he continued roving his eye across the landscape, listening to the chatters of the local police through headphones. He was no expert in computers, but it had been pathetically easily to hack into their radio frequency.

Suddenly, Shirou spotted a rather large crater, surrounded by the flashing red and blue lights iconic to the police force. At the same time, he heard a policeman reporting:

"Two suspects, a long-haired  man with a nodachi, last seen carrying a black-haired teenage girl away from the crime scene..."

It was a solid lead. He quickly whipped out his phone, but realised he didn't have the numbers of anyone on the search team. Idiot.

Growling in frustration, he began climbing down the tower, heading over to the complex which was currently Forest's home.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 27, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
Mu moved through the monsters cutting each one down before they could reach him but despite all of it, he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him as he moved through the ranks of the monsters. The Lizard and boar creatures were the simpler monsters to kill, the magus and stealth monsters were a pain to deal with but they fell like the others. The tiger-like monsters were the toughest of the bunch, they were more capable then the others and were not above calling others to its aid.

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

The Tiger creature finally fell, it took three consecutive hits to bring the beast down and those .600 caliber rounds were meant to take down an elephant each. Mu looked up for the first time since before the slaughter began and noticed something odd, a massive amount of Prana was being channeled from on top of a near by apartment building. This could be the person behind this whole thing, he had a chance to put a stop to everything and find out who is doing all this.

Mu stashed the Dragoon and Railgun in cloak before withdrawing the Taieki, before dashing towards the apartment building. Upon entering the lobby, he came across a slaughter of innocents and before the slaughterers could react he opened up with the two Taieki.

The sounds of a pair of rune enhanced AK-47 assault rifles blasting away and the various monsters filled the apartment as he blasted his way up the levels, clearing out each level as we went and all the while ignoring the feeling that he was being watched as he made his way up the stairs leading to the roof top with both of the assault rifles clenched tightly in his grip.

'It all comes down to this' Mu though as he kicked open the door to the rooftop, thinking himself ready for anything that came his way
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 27, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »
Rin gave the darkened servant a playful smile in return. "Naturally. Who's better than me at getting you to behave?"

The normal Archer smirked. "It took you a command seal just to do that."

Rin crossed her arms and glared at him. "Who asked you?"

"Well, it still involves me, doesn't it? A more overtly assholish me, but me nonetheless."

Rin turned back to the darker version. "Ignore... the other you. With the two of us working together again, we'll find Isa's sister in no time at all, and then we can go back to the apartments and talk over tea, just like old times."

"More like I served it to you and then you made me clean up the house afterwards. I recall us having a few pleasant conversations, but it was between you barking orders at me and making me do all your housework."

"But... you like doing housework," said Hakuno.

Archer managed to keep his wince at Hakuno's statement internalized.

Mille blearily looked at the group, struggling as she was to not fall asleep from the combination of her exhaustion and the warmth of Lancer's arms. "Get a room," she muttered. She drifted off to sleep shortly after. 

Then Kiyoshi hugged her and she gave her awkward response. The boy let go and spoke. "Oh, sorry, I never told you my name. I'm Kiyoshi, Shirou and Sakura's son", he said, smiling.

Rin forced as friendly of a smile as she could on her face, still not quite having reconciled with her new position as "Auntie." "Rider told me about you, actually." Trying to think of something to say, she noted the boy's appearance. "But even then, I think I would have figured it out pretty quickly. You look a lot like your dad." It was a bit of an awkward start, but it was better than nothing.

"Honestly, even if his castle is capable of cutting off those types of connections, Rider should have been able to feel Sakura arriving in this dimension before she was kidnapped regardless. It doesn't give his threat that much more weight," Archer said. He frowned. "And your father's philosophy sounds suspiciously like Satoshi's. And it has the same flaws. It's painfully simplistic, actually. Not all people who are forced to kill other people are monsters, and there are those who haven't killed a single person that are complete and utter monsters. That philosophy is idiotic in that it assumes the world is black and white. Nothing is that simple."

His eyes narrowed into a glare. "And he threatened to kill me after I threatened the idiot that thought the best way to prevent a potential fight from happening was to shoot my Master in the head. If he hadn't missed, I assure you he'd be dead by now. He defended a man who nearly took an innocent girl's life, and then threatened to kill me in front of that same girl. That makes him a hypocrite."

Hakuno herself then spoke up. "Wait... what do you mean, Servants are monsters? That isn't right. That's not right at all! They have feelings and thoughts just like the rest of us, why should we just kill them so casually?"

Rin turned to Hakuno, surprised. "But... aren't you a Master? You have to kill Servants by default to get the Grail. Why participate if you have problems with Servants dying?"

Archer turned to Rin, his face grim. "The Grail War we're involved in... is a bit different from the one you remember. The price for losing is the losing team's death, both Master and Servant. It's very difficult to back out once you're a participant as well. And..."

Hakuno squeezed her eyes shut. "I have amnesia. I don't remember anything before participating in the War. Even if it was for my own survival, even if it turned out no one got deleted after all... I still hate it that I had to cause other people's deaths. I hate it."

Rin stood there for a moment in stunned silence. Then, quietly, she spoke. "Kishinami-chan... look, you shouldn't beat yourself up over that. You didn't have any choice. What would have letting yourself die have done? And besides, they turned out to be OK later, right?" She frowned. "Although..." Rin turned to face her tall lookalike. "Wait, that doesn't mean you think that Kishinami-chan's a monster too, now does it? What about people forced to fight to the death against their will? And what about soldiers, or police officers? Honestly, I think Archer's right, the more you think about it, the more silly this philosophy of your dad's sounds."

She stared at her look-alike a bit oddly for a moment as she finally processed the other girl's appearance before continuing. "As for the Servant thing... well, most people don't have as many problems killing Servants because they're familiars. Powerful familiars, but familiars nonetheless. But I can see why Kishinami-chan thinks the way she does, and all the semantics and the like concerning whether Servants should be considered human or not aside, it still makes Blondie a complete jerk for threatening Archer."

Rin crossed her arms over her chest. "The reason he's still a creep regardless is because he threatened to do it in front of Hakuno. Even if Blondie thinks Servants are monsters, Kishinami-chan clearly doesn't. She..." Rin hesitated for a bit, but after a few seconds, found her voice again. "She and Archer are pretty close, from what I've seen. Killing Archer right in front of her would have traumatized her. She was already in bad shape from nearly being shot. Regardless of what you think of Archer, the fact that Blondie thought it was more than ok to kill someone in front of a traumatized girl, and someone she's acquainted with at that, makes Blondie far more of a monster than any Servant."

Not wanting to leave things on such a grim note, Rin changed the subject. "As for..." Rin visibly struggled for a bit with her words before continuing. "As for R-ruby, I could probably take on your brother using... t-that wand, but Kishinami-chan is an inexperienced Magus who isn't that used to... that thing's abilities yet. It's more that Kishinami-chan herself isn't ready for the fight than anything."

"Aww, you managed to say something halfway nice about me~ Maybe you aren't a completely horrible person after all~" Ruby wiggled playfully in the air. "Just a mostly awful person~"

Rin turned to glare at Ruby. Quietly, through gritted teeth, Rin said, "I'll deal with you. Later. The apartments. Count on it."

While Rin was glaring at Ruby, Archer turned to his own counterpart. "As much as I wish you were the one that the imbecile talking over the phone was referring to specifically, I think he was talking about me. It doesn't do much to reduce the idiocy of it all, but at least that should make more sense to you."

Finn could see Forest suppressing the urge to groan at the line he made, and it took effort to not wince in response. The line had just slipped out- pickup lines like that weren't normally his style. He'd been told that his appeal was his simple, down home charm, and that didn't come from random pickup lines. He felt somewhat ashamed about it, but did his best to hide it. No need to bring down the already somewhat sour mood going on even further by showing a sour face.

"Well, we appreciate the help and . . ."  She looked at Rider and touched her arm.  She said, "My Admrial Ackbar sense is telling me that 'It's a trap!'"
Finn grinned at the reference. Mille had woken up long enough to hear it and groaned. The young man turned to his sister. "Well hey, she has good taste in the movies she references, you gotta give her credit for that."

Mille just pinched the bridge of her nose and slowly shook her head.

Finn then turned to Rider. He didn't know what all was going on, but he did hear Rider's request at least once. "I'll let you borrow mine. I don't know for sure if it'll work here, but hey, it's worth a shot, right? All you'd need then is the number."

Then Forest issued marching orders.
Raising her voice, she said, "Okay, Team Asshole, find Vanessa.  Lancer knows the way back to the stronghold.  Hako-chan, you stay with Isa until we get back.  Asian Wonder Woman, I just fought your brother, he doesn't seem like the type to take prisoners.  He is the type to have issues though.  Lots and lots of issues.  Unfortunately, night's wasting and the sun will be up soon.  I don't fancy becoming crispy.  Everyone, let's go."
Hakuno, still a bit upset over the memories that had been dug up and learning the fact that Satoshi had threatened to kill Archer in front of her, regardless held her ground. She nodded and stood close to Isa, doing her best to seem strong for her new friend. Isa couldn't afford for her to see her source of support falter any further. Archer wasn't much farther away, intending to be the support to Hakuno's support. Ruby lazily fluttered down and sat on Hakuno's head.

Rin, in the meantime, turned to the members of "Team Asshole." "Listen up. Once we go out there, as far as you're all concerned, I'm the one in charge. So I expect you to follow my orders, or face the consequences."

Finn grinned and gave her a quick salute. "Yes ma'am!" He then turned to Forest, the rare signs of something resembling a frown crossing his features. "Hmm... what about my sister though? She's in pretty bad shape, and I want to make sure she's alright. Is she going back with the apartment group?"

"I'm right over here, you idiot," Mille grumbled. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:34:29 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 28, 2013, 04:35:38 AM »
Sakura's speech reassured Rider of her master's safety somewhat, even if she would have preferred to hear it from Satoshi himself. The jovial way that she'd referred to her master's situation if she was indeed Satoshi's prisoner made it pretty clear that the "extra ten pounds" would be due to Satoshi's excellent cooking rather than some fiendish weight-gaining torture he had devised.

Given that, there was no reason for Rider to fight him any more. As the others had said, he probably didn't even have Sakura, and even if he did she was in safe hands. The logical approach was to just ignore the challenge.

But, honestly, Rider didn't want to reject it. Now that she knew her life was not going to be forfeit if she lost, she found the idea of fighting Satoshi strangely tempting. Despite her disdain for Lancer and Shuya's attitude to battle, Rider did actually enjoy a good sparring match. She just didn't find it enjoyable enough to be willing to risk her life or that of others.

This, though, was different. A full-out battle with someone on her level, but without fatal consequences. Of course, that didn't mean there wouldn't be any consequences at all, but that added to the excitement. Rider enjoyed hunting down her prey, especially when that prey could fight back.

Plus, whilst her prana levels were still high enough to fight a battle, she needed a longer-term prana source. If she won, she would take great pleasure in punishing Satoshi for his arrogance and draining him dry in the process, before bringing him home in chains as her sex toy, hopefully finding a way to revert him to normal. She had felt his magical power before, it was clear that he could easily provide for her.

And, if she lost? Well, whilst he wasn't top of her list of people she'd like to have sex with, he was certainly an attractive guy and, besides, the thought of being defeated and at the mercy of another was somewhat of a turn-on for her. She knew, of course, that there was always a risk of him doing something horrendous, due to his darkened state, but it seemed unlikely based on what Sakura had said. If he was unwilling to harm her master, she saw no reason why he would harm her, at least in a manner that would not be pleasurable.

Plus, honestly, she really wanted to know if she could defeat him. Sakura and Taiga seemed sure that she would lose, but she wondered if they were simply overestimating their brother's power. She was rather curious to find out. Plus, if she fought him once and was freed, she could give the others information on how they might defeat him the next time.

And, of course, there was still the possibility that he had Sakura. Rider couldn't discount that entirely.

Before she could come to any decision, though, Lancer and the Darkened Archer spoke up, causing Rider to scowl. She was not at-all impressed with the casual, uncaring way they discussed her master, Lancer referring to her as "spoils" and Archer casually commenting that Satoshi should have tortured her for effect.

But, even so, they had a valid point. She had no reason to believe that Satoshi even had Sakura. He had provided no evidence. And, whilst fighting Satoshi might be enjoyable for her, her first priority was the safety and happiness of her master, and that meant protecting Kiyoshi. Then, the non-darkened Archer added more doubt in Rider's mind, pointing out that she should have felt Sakura arrive, even if Satoshi did have a way of blocking their connection.

She turned to them and spoke, the anger at Lancer and the darkened Archer's attitude clear.

"Lancer, my master is a human being, not 'spoils'. And, Archer, personally I think Satoshi's current approach is just fine. I'd rather he not torture my master, thank you....

But, nevertheless, you..."

Wait, hang on a minute.

As she spoke and looked in the direction of the altered Archer, Rider suddenly came to a startling realisation.

What about Angra Mainyu?

Whilst Satoshi's intentions towards Sakura might not be bad, she couldn't necessarily say the same for the entity that had corrupted him. And, that entity could easily gain access to Satoshi's castle, since he was using Angra Mainyu's power to construct it. Even if Satoshi would not harm Sakura, Angra Mainyu might. Or, worse, he might corrupt her. Sakura had been through the hell of corruption once, Rider did not wish for her to suffer it a second time.

Rider looked in the direction of Kiyoshi and Rin. He was hugging her and calling her "aunty", and she seemed to be reciprocating. True, she was doing in somewhat awkwardly, but she was at least trying, unlike Taiga and the rest of Satoshi's family.

She wasn't Kiyoshi's aunt, true, she was younger and less mature, but she still had the same fundamental kindness and compassion. Rider knew that she could be trusted to protect Kiyoshi with all of her power, and she also knew that, as long as Rin was around to provide a familiar face, he would not feel quite so lonely and lost. With her there and accepting Kiyoshi's affection, Rider felt more comfortable about leaving him for a while.

But, even so, she needed to talk to Satoshi. She could cope with leaving Kiyoshi for a few days but, ultimately, she was his protector. She couldn't risk remaining in Satoshi's captivity without any way to help him when he was in need. Plus, she needed to confirm that he would free Sakura if she showed up, assuming he did have her. He might not admit whether or not he did, but that didn't mean he couldn't promise to free her....

But, that left her with a bit of an issue. Sakura had said that the phone would not work for her, so she needed another way to contact him. Knowing that Kiyoshi never went anywhere without her phone, she was about to go and talk to him. Before she could, though, a young man approached her and offered his phone.

"I'll let you borrow mine. I don't know for sure if it'll work here, but hey, it's worth a shot, right? All you'd need then is the number", he said.

Whilst the phone was ancient relative to the ones possessed by her family, it was nevertheless perfectly effective, and she gratefully accepted it. As he said, though, she still needed the number.

She walked up to Sakura and, talking quietly so no-one else would hear, she spoke.

"OK, I'm willing to fight your brother, but I would like to talk to him first. I need to be sure that I can still protect Kiyoshi afterwards, and I need to know that he will release Sakura if I do fight, regardless of the outcome."

Then, she waited for a reply, listening with amusement as Rin embarrassed herself with Ruby before, as was typical of her, attempting to take command of the group that would hunt for Isa's sister. Rider felt a slight regret that she couldn't also join that group, but she had Satoshi to deal with. She also felt curious about Hakuno's Grail War, having heard bits of the discussion she had on the topic with Rin. Rider decided to question her on the matter later.

Kiyoshi listened with slight bemusement as Rin bickered with the two Archers whilst still hugging him. After he had let go and spoke, though, she responded in kind, giving a friendly if somewhat uncomfortable-looking smile.

"Rider told me about you, actually. But even then, I think I would have figured it out pretty quickly. You look a lot like your dad", she said.

Kiyoshi smiled brightly.

She actually acknowledged me!

He had been rather hurt by the coldness shown towards him by Taiga when he had called her his "sister", and he was overjoyed that Rin didn't take the same attitude. Still, he was somewhat curious about her. What was her world like? Was it like Taiga's, or more like his?

Before he could ask anything, though, he heard Archer and Rin talking about his mother being kidnapped.

Wait, what?

"Eh, what's this about mum being kidnapped? Where is she? Who has her? If they hurt her, I'll kill them!". he said in a rather panicked manner.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2013, 05:53:20 AM »
The effect of the healing item may have played a big factor in it, but what woke up the girl was the image of her sibling.

"Isa!!!"

Vanessa opened her eyes wide, and was on her feet the next second. "I need to find my sister," she said quickly. She didn't  notice her od being suddenly restored. Her purple eyes looked around and then, she started a run, all the while summoning a warm radiance. The orb flew away and the girl followed.

In her haste to find her twin, she didn't even address a word of thanks to Sephiroth.

"Isa, don't worry!! Big sis is on her way," she yelled right before sprinting into the night.

----

"We should get home and let the search party bring Isa's sister back to her."

Isabella nodded at Hakuno's words, her throughts drifting away once more. There wasn't much she could do now. Her body felt better but it didn't take away fatigue, both physical and mental. She needed the rest, and it would be perfect to have her... friends around. She could finally find a moment to rest without worrying about a possible attack.

She shuddered, already asking herself how much to share with Vanessa. No doubt she would inquire without holding back. However, revealing everything would break her heart. Maybe she should hide this, it would probably be wise. But would she be able to bluff her way through? Forest already knew. Maybe it would be a good idea to have few words with her. Her voice barely audible, she tugged feebly on Forest's arm.

"Can I ask you a favor?"

She gathered all the courage she could mutter this instant. Hakuno was right by her side, and would probably understand, even if she used a metaphor. There wasn't a way around that but Isa trusted Hakuno to access to her request. The words were only a whisper and she deeply wished nobody else would hear this.

"Please, don't mention the..." She came to an halt, having to suppress a flow of sadness from ruining her determination. "the r-..." Say it! Her pulse accelerated as fresh memories flashed before her eyes. "Please, the r-..." Tears. Damn it. Why can't I say the word?! It's just a word! "...to Vanessa, don't reveal the..." She squeezed Hakuno's hand once more, confirming her presence once again. "My sister. Please, don't tell her that I've have been raped." As she finally let the word out, her knees gave away and she started trembling. Acknowledging what had happened, was so painful she started clutching at her chest searching for her breathing between chokes.

Seconds later, she was puking on the pavement.

----

The mixed blood shrugged at Rider's words.

"Just don't go and get yourself killed yet, you owe me a rematch."

Ultimately, the choice was hers.

Shuya eyed Rin, who decided to impose herself on the searching party. He didn't know what to think of her, but if she was willing to join, he wouldn't stop her. Everyone seemed to be some acquaintances of another. The blackened Archer and that girl, Rin, in particular, looked close. Another thing he was able to grasp, they sure loved to waste their bloody time talking. That's why he hated working with women. If there was something he didn't like, it was delaying stuff. He stared at the corrupted servant.

"You done, now?"

The good mood he felt after the brief exchange with the blood suckers was progressively fading away.

"Don't really care if you bring your woman, but time's running, " he snarled.

It was already getting on his nerves. Shuya was stuck with a stupid couple, a guy who seemed as motivated as himself, and another one, already calling dibs on the vampire. And, of course, the smug face's twin had to join the pointless discussion, and then, it was shield girl's turn. And a derail about chores, how sweet.

Irritated, Shuya gave Lancer and Finn the curious eye, pointing a cigarette to designate both Archers. "Mind if I knock out the fuckers?" His patience running thin, he didn't expect what followed.

"Listen up. Once we go out there, as far as you're all concerned, I'm the one in charge. So I expect you to follow my orders, or face the consequences."

Shuya blinked. He waited, thinking maybe she was joking around but apparently it wasn't. These words were the the last straw. His eyes shut slightly before the offense. Not only did she thought she could order him around, but she even went as far as adding a threat. Shuya drew his blade in a swift move and stopped it inches from her face.

"You listen. I have no time to deal with your bullshit. I ain't your fuckin' dog and sure as hell  ain't going to obey a little girl with a misguided superiority complex. Especially, when she behaves like a bitch first time we meet." He shot back with an angry tone. "Don't know you, so don't impose your crap on me. I'm doing this as a favor, I'm not, and don't plan to be, your buddy, alright? You either come and treat the others as equals or you sit your baby butt around playing with infirms and kids."

He sheathed his katana and turned away, animosity still clear in his voice.

"And watch your tongue. Next threat, I cut it down."

His warning delivered, he took off ahead.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:55:27 AM by Daiki »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 28, 2013, 07:16:59 AM »
Sakura sighed. "Rider dial this number, do it privately, these people clearly can't be trusted to help the situation" she stated turning to Forest.

"I'll find my own base for the time being, the regulations stated in the book say I shouldn't interact with the Tohsaka family from other dimensions and the temperament of Rin and those two servants reinforce my desire to follow those rules. She stated starting to walk off as she handed Rider a slip of paper.