Author Topic: The District of Columbia  (Read 20901 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: The District of Columbia
« Reply #600 on: March 29, 2021, 12:29:23 AM »
Costin

Sheesh, what a pussy. Well, whatever.  He swung the puck on his back and got a good feel of the material, the carvings... every part of it. Like a hunter ever so aware of one's surroundings. "Heh, you can call me 'Johnny'. Remember it, cause I'm about to carve it into your marrow."

And eyes obscured by the darkest of sunglasses, he grinned before taking a stance as low as a beast's, almost beautifully - and struck!

*puck* *puck* *puck* (No, I don't know what sound do pool balls make)

The white-moon orb impacted the 8-ball, which slammed back and forth the table aggressively, unpredictably swaying before ricocheting the balls next to it, getting them aaaaaaall over the table until two came right next to the hole, right about the same time, decelerated, and...

Stopped.

If he used a minuscule amount of extra force, it'd have pushed them in there for sure, he'd have gotten multiple of them in all at once. Did he simply miss the mark? No, no... nothing like that. One of the balls was dangerously close to the hole.

He was giving her those for free.

It was a statement, a power move as if to tell his opponent that he didn't even need to take it seriously, that he might as well hand her this freebie for her to stand a chance. As if this were just sport. He grinned amiably enough though.

"Relax, it's just a game. Still... ready to get wrecked? Or do you think you've got what it takes to take. Me. Down."

The question was... would she take the freebie?

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 31, 2021, 12:05:13 AM »
Marc

"Goodness, you're probably the biggest toddler I've seen in my life." He crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow. Was she some kind of homunculus? It wasn't the strangest thing he'd heard of or seen, but he was savy enough not to pry too hard. "Hehe, your curiosity's kind of adorable. Consider it, I got the hunch you'd go pretty far."

He glanced at the sky and took in the fresh air, and took a sneaky gulp of a hidden flask he kept in his pocket for emergencies.

"This isn't just the human world though. Honestly, being just human isn't nearly enough these days. If you want to get ahead in life, you better hope you're either exceptional or exceptionally lucky." He smiled at her and shook his head. "But yes, war. It isn't the kind where anyone'd be stupid enough to go in guns blazing into enemy territory though. Apparently, two Gods appeared a while ago and started forming their own faction, and threaten to cut off this district's leader's main resources." He put his arms behind his back nonchalantly, giving off the details in a pretty detached perspective, like this conflict really didn't affect him that much.

"I don't think they're the same level as that monster, but I wouldn't risk if if I were them... or her. A battle like that would probably leave all sides with too many losses. It's more profitable for all of them to drive their pent up friction into their borders. At least, the fear of retaliation from their neighbors keeps either side from fully committing... for now. As for right now... we're in the largest faction's turf - Columbia itself. The other two are Alaba and Dunham."

He took another sip from his  emergency exposition fuel, and let out a satisfied sigh.

"Which one should I start with?"

Luthien

Luthien, with a studious and serious expression, nodded enthusiastically through his entire lecture about this strange society the humans had created-it was so different from the close-knit, clan based theocracy which she knew, not that she had had very much real life experience with that, either.

The young elf scrunched her forhead, falling deep into thought as she considered the implications of this and her young life for the first time.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2021, 12:16:39 AM »
Marc

"Ah, the third option. Got it." And with that, he swung a huge swig out of his flask. Pwah, hits the spot. He stretched enthusiastically and smiled."But talking doesn't come cheap. If you wanna loosen my lips, you better give me something to get them nice and open. Things that are just given don't have any inherent value, you know?"

A finger on his chin, he acted like he was deep in thought. "Okay, let's have a deal. For every next  bit of information I share, you must share a piece of intel you know. Consider an honest worker's tip."

He offered her a swig of his flask nonchalantly.

"The drink comes for free."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 31, 2021, 12:18:55 AM »
Marc

"Ah, the third option. Got it." And with that, he swung a huge swig out of his flask. Pwah, hits the spot. He stretched enthusiastically and smiled."But talking doesn't come cheap. If you wanna loosen my lips, you better give me something to get them nice and open. Things that are just given don't have any inherent value, you know?"

A finger on his chin, he acted like he was deep in thought. "Okay, let's have a deal. For every next  bit of information I share, you must share a piece of intel you know. Consider an honest worker's tip."

He offered her a swig of his flask nonchalantly.

"The drink comes for free."

Luthien

The elf's cheeks shone with the brilliance of the sun, looked around furtively with her pupiless eyes, and then took a step forwards, planting soft lips on Marc's masculine face, gently rubbing her smooth hand against his scratchy beard.

Then, after a few seconds passed, she pulled back.

"Payment?" She asked with a smug grin.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2021, 12:55:20 AM »
Marc

"Mhfmh!" It wasn't his style to let out those kind of boyish sounds, and his cute blonde sensei made sure to keep the hydra flattened. Sadly, it was far from tamed. Their mouths danced a bit before settling for that lovely trail of booze he was so familiar with.

"Mwah, tres bien. That'll get me a bit warmer..." And so he hoisted her up with the strength of a wild stallion.

Who the heck gets lost in a world and kisses the first bastard they meet like that? Not that he minded, heh heh heh.

"I like bold women, but are you sure you should've played that game? I'm the type who never lets go the things he likes."

So he kissed her twice as hard as she did.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2021, 03:24:59 AM »
Luthien

Luthien's ears trembled at the sudden embrace, before she settled in and ran her gloved hands against his back, pulling him into a hug.

She was strong. Her small, soft form belayed great and terrible strength enough to tear cars apart. She looked deeply back into his eyes, tongue dancing around in his mouth as she took control of the kiss.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2021, 04:48:06 AM »
Marc

Pwahhh, now that hit the spot, and right now she was totally manhandling him. Maybe this was the one weak spot of his, he thought too much with his other head, but to hell with it. Her grip was so fierce, and the cojones on that move... it got him hot and bothered now.

While she was starting to hold him down with her hug, his tongue started to push against hers seriously while his grip gave her ass a firm squeeze. Some sort of red haze was seeping out of his muscles, which she could feel were starting to bulge.

In his excitement, his chi was starting to wake up slowly.

But just as it was about to break out, he stopped himself short and broke off the kiss, looking straight into her eyes with a red hot gaze, the sort that melts hearts with its burning passion.

"Alright, that's enough for now. We are in a public place, you know?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2021, 10:32:24 PM »
Marc

Pwahhh, now that hit the spot, and right now she was totally manhandling him. Maybe this was the one weak spot of his, he thought too much with his other head, but to hell with it. Her grip was so fierce, and the cojones on that move... it got him hot and bothered now.

While she was starting to hold him down with her hug, his tongue started to push against hers seriously while his grip gave her ass a firm squeeze. Some sort of red haze was seeping out of his muscles, which she could feel were starting to bulge.

In his excitement, his chi was starting to wake up slowly.

But just as it was about to break out, he stopped himself short and broke off the kiss, looking straight into her eyes with a red hot gaze, the sort that melts hearts with its burning passion.

"Alright, that's enough for now. We are in a public place, you know?"

Luthien

Luthien cocked her head on confusion, wiping his spit off of her lips and just looked generally befuddled.

"You don't do this sort of-right!" Luthien slammed her fist against her hand. "So Christina was telling me the truth after all!"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 31, 2021, 11:54:41 PM »
Marc

"Pardon?"

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 01, 2021, 05:12:10 PM »
Costin

Sheesh, what a pussy. Well, whatever.  He swung the puck on his back and got a good feel of the material, the carvings... every part of it. Like a hunter ever so aware of one's surroundings. "Heh, you can call me 'Johnny'. Remember it, cause I'm about to carve it into your marrow."

And eyes obscured by the darkest of sunglasses, he grinned before taking a stance as low as a beast's, almost beautifully - and struck!

*puck* *puck* *puck* (No, I don't know what sound do pool balls make)

The white-moon orb impacted the 8-ball, which slammed back and forth the table aggressively, unpredictably swaying before ricocheting the balls next to it, getting them aaaaaaall over the table until two came right next to the hole, right about the same time, decelerated, and...

Stopped.

If he used a minuscule amount of extra force, it'd have pushed them in there for sure, he'd have gotten multiple of them in all at once. Did he simply miss the mark? No, no... nothing like that. One of the balls was dangerously close to the hole.

He was giving her those for free.

It was a statement, a power move as if to tell his opponent that he didn't even need to take it seriously, that he might as well hand her this freebie for her to stand a chance. As if this were just sport. He grinned amiably enough though.

"Relax, it's just a game. Still... ready to get wrecked? Or do you think you've got what it takes to take. Me. Down."

The question was... would she take the freebie?

Miho and Yukari

It could not be said that Yukari hadn't grown out of her shell over the last few years. She likes to think she's a fairly well-adjusted adult now, one capable of interacting with the general populace without a pre-existing context of tankery. So she was able to see Johnny's cheeky challenge for what it was without missing a beat. "Better check yourself before you wreck yourself," the fluffball bantered, a grin forming on her face.

There were still four colored balls to her opponent's three striped - she was behind, and it was tempting to go for the freebie. But that would sully her honor! No, no, she will not play into his hands! The 3-ball was fairly close to a hole, but it was further up the table and would require her to bounce the cue-ball against the barrier at an angle. Big risk, but her pride is certainly worth it!

Yukari lined up her shot like a Russ ambushing a looted wagon, then fired! Her cue smashed into the white ball, propelling it into the table's barrier, ricocheting it towards her intended target. It was a direct hit - the momentum transferring to the 3-ball, launching it right into the far left hole. Yukari looked at Johnny, a playful, yet smug, grin plastered on her face.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 01, 2021, 05:16:51 PM »
Marc

"Pardon?"

Luthien

The elf just puffed out her cheeks in a pout and shook her head. "No no, let's just get moving. You have all sorts of neat and interesting places to show me."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 04, 2021, 02:21:13 PM »
Miho and Yukari

It could not be said that Yukari hadn't grown out of her shell over the last few years. She likes to think she's a fairly well-adjusted adult now, one capable of interacting with the general populace without a pre-existing context of tankery. So she was able to see Johnny's cheeky challenge for what it was without missing a beat. "Better check yourself before you wreck yourself," the fluffball bantered, a grin forming on her face.

There were still four colored balls to her opponent's three striped - she was behind, and it was tempting to go for the freebie. But that would sully her honor! No, no, she will not play into his hands! The 3-ball was fairly close to a hole, but it was further up the table and would require her to bounce the cue-ball against the barrier at an angle. Big risk, but her pride is certainly worth it!

Yukari lined up her shot like a Russ ambushing a looted wagon, then fired! Her cue smashed into the white ball, propelling it into the table's barrier, ricocheting it towards her intended target. It was a direct hit - the momentum transferring to the 3-ball, launching it right into the far left hole. Yukari looked at Johnny, a playful, yet smug, grin plastered on her face.
Costin

Costin flinched in surprise, but a stifled chuckle slip past his lips. Then a wheeze, and then a hearty laughter that rang through the bar.

"KHAHAHAHAHAH!! You humans can't stop cracking me up! That's it... good... your accuracy is better than most artillery I've torn to shreds. Yes! This'll make good sport! But don't you think this is over, I'm just getting started kid! Try not to break on me got it?!"

He twirled the puck with the viciousness of a hunter, grinning from ear to ear. They might as well call him the milkman, because he was about to go to town with those maggots.  He slammed the seven in the opposite direction from the hole it was so close to, impacting it against the border before sliding it riiight into the hole, nice and tight.

"This land, you still call it the Nexus right? Heh, sorry if I'm sounding like a dumbass bitch, but I'm new to this world. Hope you don't mind showing me the ropes, you badass kid."

Compliments like that weren't usually his style, but Costin felt awfully nice today. He might as well make her feel a bit better about herself before he mopped the floor with her teeth.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:22:45 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 08, 2021, 03:34:26 AM »
Luthien

The elf just puffed out her cheeks in a pout and shook her head. "No no, let's just get moving. You have all sorts of neat and interesting places to show me."

Marc

Aww, but she looked so cute when she was flabbergasted. Well, she got him pretty surprised too - that wasn't what he asked for at all! Buuuuut he'd let it slide, this time. "Oui oui. Indeed, that we do."

And with a dramatic flick of his hair, he snapped his fingers theatrically and smiled. "Well then, choose one of three - Tea, Ice, Staff, Book oooor..." A cheeky drumroll on his knees thumped and drummed with anticipation, but wait, weren't we past three already?

"...Theme park!"

He whipped out a rose and a sparkling rain of confetti on the fly. Ba dum tss.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 03:58:19 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 08, 2021, 06:18:56 PM »
Costin

Costin flinched in surprise, but a stifled chuckle slip past his lips. Then a wheeze, and then a hearty laughter that rang through the bar.

"KHAHAHAHAHAH!! You humans can't stop cracking me up! That's it... good... your accuracy is better than most artillery I've torn to shreds. Yes! This'll make good sport! But don't you think this is over, I'm just getting started kid! Try not to break on me got it?!"

He twirled the puck with the viciousness of a hunter, grinning from ear to ear. They might as well call him the milkman, because he was about to go to town with those maggots.  He slammed the seven in the opposite direction from the hole it was so close to, impacting it against the border before sliding it riiight into the hole, nice and tight.

"This land, you still call it the Nexus right? Heh, sorry if I'm sounding like a dumbass bitch, but I'm new to this world. Hope you don't mind showing me the ropes, you badass kid."

Compliments like that weren't usually his style, but Costin felt awfully nice today. He might as well make her feel a bit better about herself before he mopped the floor with her teeth.

Two Tankers in a Bar

"Ah, a newcommer!" Yukari chirped, leaning forward onto the table as she took aim, "Welcome to the club! Yep, this place is called the Nexus. This is the town of Oakridge, in the Dunham district."

Her cue struck the white ball, which made a resounding 'clack!' when it struck the 2-ball. However, she didn't put enough strength in the motion - the 2-ball stopped just short of the hole. Yukari took on a mildly disheartened look, "That's gonna set me back."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 08, 2021, 08:14:03 PM »
Costin

Districts? I see, so this is how it's run. He grinned in anticipation, this world was just so exciting! The other one was so small, constricting... but in such wide abundant land... yes, yes! He was free to paint it the way he liked best, in the fires of war and the blood of cattle! Women, children, babes and elders! It'd be an eternal party of destruction for him alone! Kill them! Destroy them all! Ravage them in your hate. Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

Without even realizing, he was frozen there with a massive psychotic grin.

Only when he noticed he was being watched, did he shake his head and calm his urges, ever so softly.

"Phew, haha! I see, I see!" He casually snapped his fingers like nothing happened. "Heh, my bad, it just reminds me of way back when I fought in the American civil war. I fought a man, aye, a true warrior he was. Grandmaster Abraham Lincoln, champion of slaves and the weak, I respected his guts. His ax technique... it was truly something, and the way he fought was simply sublime. He was a real man, yeah."

He crossed his arms, chuckling to himself fondly as he remembered his worthy rival of long times past.  "You've got the same eyes. It's a shame... I'd play with you, but since our final duel, I promised I wouldn't lay a hand on the kin of lady Amerika. It looks like we'll get along nicely, eh?"

He stalled for time and punted a ball, any ball... just killing time while holding off the hunger at bay.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 08:20:45 PM by Kotomine_Rin »