Author Topic: The District of Columbia  (Read 20899 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: The District of Columbia
« Reply #630 on: April 25, 2021, 10:22:36 PM »
Costin

"Ha! I see, I understand! Thine world must've been pretty exciting then, if vars like that became naught but ancient history."

Argh, he did it again. When he got excited, he started using words that didn't really fit with youngsters of the era. He tried to learn the ins and out of their slang though, but hiding the accent was a pain.

"That's dope." He posed cooly like some gangster in the 80's. How old was he anyways? There were grandparents with a better sense of trends than that. Bah, didn't matter. Nothing was going to get the sunglasses out of his face.

However-

"Buuuuut... it is mine turn now, and naught shall stop me from seizing this moment! The moment vhere I..."

He aimed his stick with precision this time, poised lower than a beast. For a second, all of his muscles focused on that one ball, no more like a beast or a human, but a machine of destruction. On all levels except physical, it was like watching a tank aiming for his target.

And then, the shot fires.

A bit too hard though. The sonic boom flicked everyone's hair up and slammed the ball with enough force to crater straight into the wall, narrowly avoiding any bystanders but silencing everyone who was watching them, as the wall caved under the impact of the ball.

Costing's bangs dropped from the sonic explosion, even he looked a bit surprised. He could've sworn he only used 5% there.

"Whoops. Mybad."

He subtly slipped the cue stick to the guy he borrowed it from, who was still speechless as ever, right in front of everyone.

"It was him." He pointed to the poor guy and played it cool.

Nanako

A few weeks had passed since the unmitigated disaster of a date with that cute angel. Nanako had considered calling her up a few times, but trying to figure out what was going on with her had taken priority. Zeke never got back to her, and the district she'd found him had seemingly been laid to waste. Frustrated in her search and unsure of what to do about the new presence in her head, Nanako found herself wandering through Columbia, one long leap at a time.

Out of nowhere, a sharp whistle registered to the squirrel girl, one of her ears swiveling before she caught something in her peripheral vision. With squirrelly instincts, a hand shot up into its path and snatched it out of the air, Nanako turning an instant later to see that it was a cue ball. One with a clear dent on one side and spiderweb cracks along the other. Looking up, she saw a sizable hole torn into the wall of a nearby bar, frowned, and promptly zipped into the bar through that hole.

"Hey, careful with that," she called out, "This could've hurt someone slower than me!"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 25, 2021, 11:21:52 PM »
Marc

"Hey, hey! It's cool Lu, don't sweat it." He put his hands up, and looked kind of surprised at the sudden scene. But thats not why his eyes were wide in genuine respect, no, it was just that he was genuinely impressed. If she was lying and exxagerating, he seemed to buy it wholesale regardless. "Didn't I tell you, it's fine. power like that's pretty amazing, use it the right ways and you'll be set for a comfortable life in the city."

Even if he wore clothes arguably fancier than hers, he didn't seem to mind having them soaked a bit - if he even noticed. He just wiped his face and cleaned up the shards lying around the couch and where the elf was sitting.

"But you know, muscular strength isn't worth much on its own. Sure, it'll open some doors, but knowing how and when to use it is just as if not more important. No one wants to work with a loose cannon, you know?" He smiled and  twirled the dirty handkerchief before tossing it precisely straight into a bin in the corner of the room, without even looking at it.

"Lu-cki-ly for you, I happen to know a thing or two about that. I don't mind giving you a few pointers, if your pride can take it." He grinned at her teasingly, pointing to his big old heart with his thumb.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 11:25:22 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 25, 2021, 11:27:36 PM »
Marc

"Hey, hey! It's cool Lu, don't sweat it." He put his hands up, and looked kind of surprised at the sudden scene. But thats not why his eyes were wide in genuine respect, no, it was just that he was genuinely impressed. If she was lying and exxagerating, he seemed to buy it wholesale regardless. "Didn't I tell you, it's fine. power like that's pretty amazing, use it the right ways and you'll be set for a comfortable life in the city."

Even if he wore clothes arguably fancier than hers, he didn't seem to mind having them soaked a bit - if he even noticed. He just wiped his face and cleaned up the shards lying around the couch and where the elf was sitting.

"But you know, muscular strength isn't worth much on its own. Sure, it'll open some doors, but knowing how and when to use it is just as if not more important. No one wants to work with a loose cannon, you know?" He smiled and  twirled the dirty handkerchief before tossing it precisely straight into a bin in the corner of the room, without even looking at it.

"Lu-cki-ly for you, I happen to know a thing or two about that. I don't mind giving you a few pointers, if your pride can take it." He grinned at her teasingly, pointing to his big old heart with his thumb.

Luthien

Luthien remained crouching on the ground sulking. "Uwu..." She moaned. "Sure, I don't mind, I suppose. I'd like to have someone to really test my strength against, but..."

The young elf looked around, pointy ears planted down against her neck in a perpetual droop of shame. "Let's do it somewhere we're not going to break any more of your things."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 27, 2021, 06:37:16 PM »
Nanako

A few weeks had passed since the unmitigated disaster of a date with that cute angel. Nanako had considered calling her up a few times, but trying to figure out what was going on with her had taken priority. Zeke never got back to her, and the district she'd found him had seemingly been laid to waste. Frustrated in her search and unsure of what to do about the new presence in her head, Nanako found herself wandering through Columbia, one long leap at a time.

Out of nowhere, a sharp whistle registered to the squirrel girl, one of her ears swiveling before she caught something in her peripheral vision. With squirrelly instincts, a hand shot up into its path and snatched it out of the air, Nanako turning an instant later to see that it was a cue ball. One with a clear dent on one side and spiderweb cracks along the other. Looking up, she saw a sizable hole torn into the wall of a nearby bar, frowned, and promptly zipped into the bar through that hole.

"Hey, careful with that," she called out, "This could've hurt someone slower than me!"
Miho and Yukari

If it wasn't for her mother's brutal training, Miho would have been a dead woman right now.

The ball launched at such a high velocity it had a distinct whistle as it broke the sound barrier. Her mind, for the split moment it had happened, mistook it for a vanquisher cannon shell and she instinctively shaped her body into a "C" to dodge it. Meanwhile, Yukari's already messy hair was made even wilder from the sonic boom rippling through the room.

The cue ball shot through the room, creating its own exit behind the bar. All the chattering, laughing, and joking in the pub quickly came to a halt as all the patrons tried to register what just happened. For a few moments there, the establishment was so quiet that one could hear a pin drop...

Then a squirrel woman burst through the door, admonishment shouting from her lips and a destroyed cue ball in hand.

"You, uh...You wanna call it a tie?" Yukari offered once she found her voice.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2021, 03:50:22 AM »
Miho and Yukari

If it wasn't for her mother's brutal training, Miho would have been a dead woman right now.

The ball launched at such a high velocity it had a distinct whistle as it broke the sound barrier. Her mind, for the split moment it had happened, mistook it for a vanquisher cannon shell and she instinctively shaped her body into a "C" to dodge it. Meanwhile, Yukari's already messy hair was made even wilder from the sonic boom rippling through the room.

The cue ball shot through the room, creating its own exit behind the bar. All the chattering, laughing, and joking in the pub quickly came to a halt as all the patrons tried to register what just happened. For a few moments there, the establishment was so quiet that one could hear a pin drop...

Then a squirrel woman burst through the door, admonishment shouting from her lips and a destroyed cue ball in hand.

"You, uh...You wanna call it a tie?" Yukari offered once she found her voice.

Costin

"Sure, sure." Costin yawned casually, leaving the poor whelp with the stick and the weight it carried. Honestly, he couldn't care less if she won or not - seeing their faces turn pale like that was goddamn hilarious. It almost made all those past years worth it. Almost. "You've dodged it though. Not bad, kid. You know, maybe next time I'll try twice as hard." He patted Yukari on the head patronizingly - as if she suddenly became his little sister.

Until a sudden sensation assailed him. A feeling. A... smell, a familiar one somehow. One that made his fangs grow and his impulses burn. His features suddenly burnt with a dark shadow, one that rippled his muscles into a single unified shape. A smile.

"Yeah, suure. But it didn't, so this is this, and that's that. Man, you mortals sure know how to say the dumbest stuff." He jovially trampled the new one's pride, the one that smelled of beasts. Why else would he be swaggering up to the hole of his own making? And ignoring others complaints, fear, or objection, he put a sliced his palm open with a claw before laying it on the broken wall. Red lines began to crawl across the shattered rock, and a strange cold feeling grew from his presence. Like a cold blade against your skin.

Soon, the cracks and debris began to levitate, as if controlled by the red lines, and were swallowed back into the hole until it regained something resembling its original shape, repairing the destruction as if it meant nothing to its maker.

"Tadaam. See?" He fixed his tie and hair casually. "No fuss, no muss. If that's not a happy ending, I don't know what is."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:50:23 AM by Kotomine_Rin »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 28, 2021, 04:54:23 PM »
Costin

"Sure, sure." Costin yawned casually, leaving the poor whelp with the stick and the weight it carried. Honestly, he couldn't care less if she won or not - seeing their faces turn pale like that was goddamn hilarious. It almost made all those past years worth it. Almost. "You've dodged it though. Not bad, kid. You know, maybe next time I'll try twice as hard." He patted Yukari on the head patronizingly - as if she suddenly became his little sister.

Until a sudden sensation assailed him. A feeling. A... smell, a familiar one somehow. One that made his fangs grow and his impulses burn. His features suddenly burnt with a dark shadow, one that rippled his muscles into a single unified shape. A smile.

"Yeah, suure. But it didn't, so this is this, and that's that. Man, you mortals sure know how to say the dumbest stuff." He jovially trampled the new one's pride, the one that smelled of beasts. Why else would he be swaggering up to the hole of his own making? And ignoring others complaints, fear, or objection, he put a sliced his palm open with a claw before laying it on the broken wall. Red lines began to crawl across the shattered rock, and a strange cold feeling grew from his presence. Like a cold blade against your skin.

Soon, the cracks and debris began to levitate, as if controlled by the red lines, and were swallowed back into the hole until it regained something resembling its original shape, repairing the destruction as if it meant nothing to its maker.

"Tadaam. See?" He fixed his tie and hair casually. "No fuss, no muss. If that's not a happy ending, I don't know what is."

Nanako

Nanako repressed a quiet shudder as the man pressed a bloody palm against the wall, the familiar chill of a blade setting her heart beating just a little faster. Her large, fluffy tail swished back and forth absentmindedly as she watched the wall reassemble itself. That presence deeper inside started pushing more insistently against Nanako's mind too, the squirrel girl frowning for a moment as she watched the man curiously.

"Huh. Neat trick," Nanako remarked, tossing the cueball back onto the table, "You must be great at parties."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 30, 2021, 04:14:00 AM »
Luthien

Luthien remained crouching on the ground sulking. "Uwu..." She moaned. "Sure, I don't mind, I suppose. I'd like to have someone to really test my strength against, but..."

The young elf looked around, pointy ears planted down against her neck in a perpetual droop of shame. "Let's do it somewhere we're not going to break any more of your things."

Marc

Marc raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, giggling on the inside juust a little. When he said that, he just meant a few pointers - but this was even better. He might just strike two birds down with one stone. "Hoo? I see, I see! Hon hon hon!" And with a dramatic snap of his fingers, he pointed up to the sky.

"I know just the place, mademoiselle."

Now he wasn't coming empty handed.

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 30, 2021, 11:05:18 PM »
Nanako

Nanako repressed a quiet shudder as the man pressed a bloody palm against the wall, the familiar chill of a blade setting her heart beating just a little faster. Her large, fluffy tail swished back and forth absentmindedly as she watched the wall reassemble itself. That presence deeper inside started pushing more insistently against Nanako's mind too, the squirrel girl frowning for a moment as she watched the man curiously.

"Huh. Neat trick," Nanako remarked, tossing the cueball back onto the table, "You must be great at parties."
Miho and Yukari

Yukari eyes glittered with admiration, but Miho was becoming flustered by all the attention they were getting. The two ladies were drawing attention just by being within close proximity of Johnny when he launched the cue ball, and the Captain's old nervous personality was being triggered by the crowd surrounding them.

The owner of the pub, a bear of a cyclops, was giving the now four of them such a stink eye now, and was making his way towards them. "Uh, Yukari?" Miho whispered to her friend, "I think it's about time for us to head somewhere else."

Yukari looked disappointed and a little confused, not really being one to read the atmosphere. "Hey, Johnny," she called out to her new acquaintance, "I guess we're going somewhere else. Wanna come with?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 02, 2021, 03:09:08 PM »
Johnny

Huh? Frankly, its not like he was some tryhard who tried to terrify them on purpose or anything, he just was who he was. If his magic caused scrubs to piss their pants, he couldn't care less. But being looked at that way felt a bit different. Almost made him feel weird.

"Heh, only in the Nexus you can bust a wall and make a friend over it." He chuckled, hands in his pockets. Now that was a silly idea, one he wasn't truly willing to entertain.

Food was food, getting attached to it only made it hurt more in the end. The only thing that mattered were its resistance before the hunt. But he did need to know more about this world. So playing pretend... might not feel so bad. Heh.

"Sure baby, lead the way." He tilted his head and gave the beastgirl a glance. "Wanna come too?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 02, 2021, 05:25:44 PM »
Johnny

Huh? Frankly, its not like he was some tryhard who tried to terrify them on purpose or anything, he just was who he was. If his magic caused scrubs to piss their pants, he couldn't care less. But being looked at that way felt a bit different. Almost made him feel weird.

"Heh, only in the Nexus you can bust a wall and make a friend over it." He chuckled, hands in his pockets. Now that was a silly idea, one he wasn't truly willing to entertain.

Food was food, getting attached to it only made it hurt more in the end. The only thing that mattered were its resistance before the hunt. But he did need to know more about this world. So playing pretend... might not feel so bad. Heh.

"Sure baby, lead the way." He tilted his head and gave the beastgirl a glance. "Wanna come too?"

Nanako

Nanako canted her head curiously as one of the two girl looked rather nervous while the other watched with clear excitement. Still, it didn't look like she had time to ask with the barkeep headed their way. The squirrel girl's attention was brought back to the man, apparently Johnny, by his offer.

"Hm? Yeah sure, why not," Nanako shrugged, "Got anywhere specific in mind?"

She glanced back over to Miho, then reached out to pat the girl reassuringly on the back.

"You okay?" she asked, fluffy tail swishing slowly behind her.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 06, 2021, 09:01:23 AM »
Nanako

Nanako canted her head curiously as one of the two girl looked rather nervous while the other watched with clear excitement. Still, it didn't look like she had time to ask with the barkeep headed their way. The squirrel girl's attention was brought back to the man, apparently Johnny, by his offer.

"Hm? Yeah sure, why not," Nanako shrugged, "Got anywhere specific in mind?"

She glanced back over to Miho, then reached out to pat the girl reassuringly on the back.

"You okay?" she asked, fluffy tail swishing slowly behind her.
Miho and Yukari

Miho internally cursed when Yukari invited Johnny along with them - the man exuded bad vibes to her. His supernatural strength and somewhat ominous way of speaking set her on edge. But if it means that they can make their exit now, to escape from this crowd and angry barkeep, well, she'll put up with him for awhile longer. She'll just have to have twice the gumption to make up for Yukari dropping her guard.

A pat on the back and an empathetic question from the squirrel girl put an end to her internal monologue. "Ye-yeah," Miho affirmed, taking a few steps towards the door, "Let's, uh, head out."

The aurburn-haired captain internally cringed at her stuttering. She never outgrew her nerves, it seems. Sure, she can be in crowded places and be just fine, but once everybody's attentions are directed at her (or a small group she happens to be a part of), she now realizes she still gets flustered. And she finds this embarrassing. And that embarrassment stacks onto her nerves...

Mho just wants to get out before a verbal confrontation occurs, an ordeal she's sure would cause her even more internal grief. "C-c'mon, I-I think I know another place."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 07, 2021, 04:23:05 PM »
Miho and Yukari

Miho internally cursed when Yukari invited Johnny along with them - the man exuded bad vibes to her. His supernatural strength and somewhat ominous way of speaking set her on edge. But if it means that they can make their exit now, to escape from this crowd and angry barkeep, well, she'll put up with him for awhile longer. She'll just have to have twice the gumption to make up for Yukari dropping her guard.

A pat on the back and an empathetic question from the squirrel girl put an end to her internal monologue. "Ye-yeah," Miho affirmed, taking a few steps towards the door, "Let's, uh, head out."

The aurburn-haired captain internally cringed at her stuttering. She never outgrew her nerves, it seems. Sure, she can be in crowded places and be just fine, but once everybody's attentions are directed at her (or a small group she happens to be a part of), she now realizes she still gets flustered. And she finds this embarrassing. And that embarrassment stacks onto her nerves...

Mho just wants to get out before a verbal confrontation occurs, an ordeal she's sure would cause her even more internal grief. "C-c'mon, I-I think I know another place."

Johnny

"Cool your jets lass. It's not rabbit season." The big bad wolf walked past the more frightened of the bunch, hands in his pockets as he swaggered casually by his japanese challenger and by the girl that smelled of beastblood. The loud crack came without warning as he clapped her back with enough strength to pulp a man into jam, cracking a grin at her as he followed along. Then he yanked her tail.

"Nice tramp stamp." He had to hunch forward massively so their heads were leveled while they walked side by side. "You want to run wild too, right? If you want we can play later, holding it in too long is a pain."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 04:48:24 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 08, 2021, 03:34:12 PM »
Johnny

"Cool your jets lass. It's not rabbit season." The big bad wolf walked past the more frightened of the bunch, hands in his pockets as he swaggered casually by his japanese challenger and by the girl that smelled of beastblood. The loud crack came without warning as he clapped her back with enough strength to pulp a man into jam, cracking a grin at her as he followed along. Then he yanked her tail.

"Nice tramp stamp." He had to hunch forward massively so their heads were leveled while they walked side by side. "You want to run wild too, right? If you want we can play later, holding it in too long is a pain."

Nanako

"Alright," Nanako gave Miho a bemused look, "Let's see what ya got, then."

The squirrel girl was hardly moved by Johnny's pat, though she knew from the sound that he'd put some force into it. All the same, it was firm enough to kick up her jacket, giving the two tankers behind her a glimpse of what looked like a tattoo of jagged crystal wings, glinting strangely in the light for a brief moment before her jacket came back down over it.

Nanako turned to say something to the man, only to be cut off when he yanked her tail, the squirrel girl straightening up as a chill raced up her spine and biting down on her lower lip to stifle a yelp. She let out a soft gasp and turned to the man as he leaned down, ignoring the tramp stamp comment for the moment and reaching up to grab a firm hold of that cowlick.

"Sounds like a date," the squirrel girl shot back, "But the next time you grab my tail, you do it from in front of me."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 14, 2021, 05:10:21 PM »
Costin

Had he any eyes, Costin would probably have to stop for a second and blink to register what just happened. Instead, he grinned wolfishly - the beast's teeth gnawed at its chains. "Voah. You've got guts kid, few have the gall to touch me so vithout the terror or losing their hand." The answer came as casually as he looked. Actually, he felt bad for the ladies next to him. Its not like he had too much trouble controlling himself, he just didn't want to live that way. It's why he loved this world after all. Compared to the stuffy place he came from, this land was truly free. Was it so wrong to enjoy it?

Well, that's this and that's that.

"Heh. Look at me, a dead apostle being clung to by a mere voman. For such an avful rat stench, your touch ain't too bad." Crimson prana seeped from his flesh, from his bones. For but a second, a sliver of blood-red flames, crackling with lightning, could be seen shimmering - restrained by naught but Costin's will.

Until he let go.

"Glad you know how to talk to a man!"

The shoulder tackle came without warning, the force that rippled against the air was like a cannon. If anyone could even perceive the impact that blew both of them away from the street...

It was like a kaiju movie. A disastrous impact that shook the earth and sky.

And the two were gone.

(Continued in Highway 13)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 15, 2021, 09:00:40 PM »
Eruraviel

Land of the free, home of the brave, protected by the goddess. A land of verdant greens, powerful optimism, and a powerful ingenuity with a desire to learn keeping it at the forefront of Nexusian technological development. A large district filled with glistening skyscrapers, clean streets, and loud people.

Such was the place which Eruraviel and Amanda had intruded upon. As soon as they began to approach, Eru had felt the eyes locked onto her and her wife's every movement. The small drones in the skies, as well as the magical surveillance and even simple shadows. A rival goddess and rival chief did not just enter into Columbia for the fun of it, after all.

However, Eruraviel just puffed out her large chest, unburdened by bra or gravity. Her perfect form attracted plenty of attention as they walked down the road, but nothing in comparison to her wife. "So, Mandy, do you come here often? This sort of city would be unfathomable in my home world-I hope you'll be able to show me around."

Despite her small talk, they both knew they had a goal in coming to this city. One which they wouldn't leave before succeeding in accomplishing.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end