Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 13622 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mr.Armour+Gorge Squad

The man in armor sighed.  "Thank you sir."  He said before walking away.

The younger officer and the older enforcer walked out of the building with the armored man.  It would not be an easy night for them.

Medaka Kurokami

Medaka looked at Guts from where Lorenzo and her were standing.  Even after he killed all of those officers she still couldn't find it within her to dislike him.  However, looking at his sword now made her a bit uneasy.  She found herself a bit concerned about his safety. 

"Where are you taking him?"  She asked.  She wanted to know that he would be safe before she followed his orders.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

"To the police station where you will be interrogated thoroughly. This time, no funny tricks."

Lorenzo gulped, but he didn't have much of a say. Besides, he had a feeling that old man was mighty strong to tell off all those armed men so easily. Nodding, he followed the old man.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:33:24 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Seeing Lorenzo like this worried her a bit.  He was being awfully quiet and cautious, unlike his usual carefree and boastful self.  As long as Guts was not going to be harmed she would be complaint.

Just like Lorenzo, Medaka nodded and followed the man.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:43:27 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
After the interrogation (Lorenzo and Medaka)

It had taken quite a while, to get the actual information out of that man. Truly a fearsome individual he was, this Lorenzo. To defeat the Aztec parrot legion with only but a feather pen...

Quite fearsome, this man. Well, he had gotten all the details out of him quite easily truth be told. Sure, it took about twenty tries to get the boy to keep track of what he was talking about, but he did it. Now that Lorenzo and Medaka had confessed all that there was to confess, all that was left was to make do of this information.

Nodding, Chief Interrogator Marcus Roy handed Orson the notes.

"..."

"So you mean to tell me you fought and escaped from a corrupt brothel, blew it's roof to smithereens, crashed in a mansion, was healed by a friendly couple, met Guts, fought about fifty helloweeners, burned down an abandoned compound, went to get a drink, fought a horde of skeletons, pickpocketted an old lady to buy yourself a taco, met Medaka, flew across the city aboard a flying ship, fought an evil lord of darkness aboard this ship, was saved by a dragon king, got blown away by said dragon king, was healed by a cute lass only to be berated by said lady, and..."

"Aye, aye. That's the gist of things." said Lorenzo, nodding sagely with a face full of honesty.

Oh my fucking god... Marcus thought.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 06:51:13 PM by francobull3 »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura stood and watched as Togan lay on the floor "reflecting", tapping his notebook with a cute Hello Kitty pen.

Reflecting on what? Sakura wondered, unsure of what lying on the floor had to do with cooking a banquet.

Then, suddenly, his eyes widened and he winced, before letting out an odd sound. Sakura felt a powerful gust of wind blow past her, seemingly swirling around the demon, as he suddenly began to write at an unbelievable pace, flipping through the pages of the notebook faster than Sakura could even see.

What the hell? Sakura thought, wondering what the demon was doing.

After a few moments, he dropped the pen and notebook, panting heavily.

"Here...aaah...it's...done...tadaaa...", he said, handing Sakura the notebook, his hand still trembling.

Eh? I don't think I can eat that..., she thought, confused at how, exactly, a notebook was meant to constitute a “banquet”.

Still, curious as to what he had been up to, she flipped through the notebook, finding that it contained a long list of basically every form of cake every invented.

Is this what he intends for the banquet? Sakura wondered.

I can't eat just cake....

She looked at Togan with a smile, not wanting to upset him after the effort he had clearly put in, but also needing something more substantial than just lots and lots of cake.

“Togan, is this a list of what you intend for the banquet?

If so, there's too much here. Me and Irisviel between us could only eat a couple of cakes at most. And, whilst cake is delicious, I can't eat only that, it's not healthy or filling. A banquet needs a main course, not just a dessert”, she said with a kind smile.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:18:56 PM by Cherry Lover »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor's concentration, solid as it was, was nonetheless broken by the spectacle of Ur burning his clothes off. Shaking his head, he refocused on the glyph, gathering the requisite mana and forming it into the required pattern. With a thought, the mana carved itself into the ground, the pattern identical to the one before him in silver and gold.

Then the glyph promptly explodes, blasting the teen back a bit and leaving him flat on his back. Frowning, sits up, unsealing his eyes as he decides that he should probably get this clothing thing out of the way now so he can focus in completely on the glyph.

"...My apologies," the teen says, "I...honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Fashion isn't something I've really had time to study. Might I ask for some help in this regard?"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:08:50 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Tohuw Balagan

Hearing Sakura's words, Tohuw became pale as a ghost. Of course, demons cannot turn into ghosts, but that is not the point. His eyes became teary, and he sniffled quietly. Then, he looked at Sakura with a sorrowful look, one of pure despair.

"B-but it's cake! How can you say no to cake, you monster. Abominable fiend! Cake is the one true meaning of life, it is our origin. We are born as cake, and we die as cake. Even the world is round, like a pie. And pie is delicious! Would you say no to pie too? WOULD YOU!?" the demon snapped, trying to hold back his tears.

Then, he stood quietly and cooled down, trembling a bit before getting up. Looking down in shame, he spoke with a mortified tone.

"S-sorry, I got carried away. I... I understand. I will revise the menu. It's ok, I'll make something yummy."

Richard Maxwell

"Answer my question." said Richard with a chilling tone.

Tapping his foot, all the snow and all the ice instantly mented and turned to water, running down and slithering across the ground until not a single inch of the area surrounding them was dry. It was as if standing atop a giant puddle.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:30:48 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
PARIAH

Small eyes watched with excitement as sister cut the toy open and killed it. Tendrils burst from the ground and began to tear apart and consume the body of the magus. It barely took a few seconds for it to vanish with only a few sprays of blood to show that something had ever happened.

Then the walls and floor began to shake and soon gave way to a sea of tendrils and biomass that quickly began to compress itself back into a childlike form in front of Mia. He was rather excited and the smile on his face showed his happiness quite clearly. This game was fun. He never tried playing with his food before he ate it. It was funny watching it squirm first. He reached forward and gently hugged Mia.

"That was fun, sister! Can we play again?"

Urthemiel

The Old God rested her cheek on her hand as she saw the spectacle that was her apprentice's first arcane failure. Then she grimaced at his request. Had she picked up some hermit? Even the lowliest of peasants aspired towards some kind of clothing. Regardless she could give him something usable for now.

She snapped her fingers and provided direction and order to the chaotic essence of the Fade. Dark purple robes made of silk and embroidered with silver clothed Adjutor. The shoulders had the feathers of a myriad of birds attached to them and drake scales covered the insides of it. Finally the space on his back was covered by the image of a great dragon. The detail was exquisite. Every scale carefully made, each eye burning with ferocity and power, and the wings proudly displayed. Beautiful beyond compare.

With a smirk Urthemiel looked over her work. "Much better."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:18:00 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

As soon as they had arrived at the house, Sakura climbed down from the horse, before moving to help her shivering sister do likewise.

“Nee-san, you’re shivering, you need to get out of those clothes, they need to be washed. Come on, I’ll take you inside", she said, concerned for her sister's welfare but also clearly overjoyed to have found her again after three long years apart.

Rin nodded, and prepared to follow her sister, when she looked up and saw the house that she had been staying in. Rider could see the horrified look appear on Rin's face as she realised where her sister had been living.

"You've been living here all of this time?" she asked, before pulling her sister into a hug.

Rider could not blame her at all. She herself was still amazed Sakura was willing to live in this place after the hellish torments she had suffered there. The Sakura from her home universe had had the house demolished years before. At the same time, though, she knew Sakura had extreme mental strength, so she doubted it would phase her anything like as much as Rin expected it to.

Sakura, however, reacted with surprise at her sister's response, stammering about how the house was safe, before noticing that her sister was freezing and dragging her inside, into the warmth, clearly concerned about her health.

Whilst the two sisters were heading into the house, Shirou had also dismounted from Pegasus, and was following shortly behind them. Once he had done so, Rider dismounted also, before de-summoning it and, then, changing back into her casual clothing.

She watched Shirou approach the door as Rin and Sakura entered the house. He stopped for a moment at the entrance, contemplating something, before entering, with Rider following him through the door. Once she had entered, she could hear Sakura and Rin walking up the stairs, still talking. It was fairly obvious that Sakura wanted to spend a bit of time with her elder sister right now, and get re-acquainted with her. So, she would have to look after Shirou.

“Shirou, I think we should leave Sakura to spend some time with her sister”, she said. “The living room is through there, if you need anything then please ask.”

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

"Answer my question." said Richard with a chilling tone.

Tapping his foot, all the snow and all the ice instantly mented and turned to water, running down and slithering across the ground until not a single inch of the area surrounding them was dry. It was as if standing atop a giant puddle.

Rikuyo

"Only if you make it more fun. Bring one guy more or show me your best." Her opponent was pretty stubborn about her revealing the name. It wasn't anything important, but she defiantly refused answering his question just to rile up him. Hopefully he would go all out against her if angered.

theunknownhero

• Amnesic Wanderer
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
Shirou (HF)

As I enter the house, Rider approaches me from the back, and tells me that Sakura should have some time alone to spend with her sister.

"Yeah, I think it's best to let them catch up. Thanks for being willing to show me around the place. It looks a lot more pleasant than the version I visited as a boy. I think I remember where everything is, but if anything has changed from back then then let me know."
Even I have something I must protect.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

A sad look came across Sakura's face as the demon began to sniffle, and looked towards her in a sorrowful manner. She had obviously upset him, and she didn't like upsetting people, especially people who were trying to be nice.

Then, the demon started to rant about the importance of cake, and how she was a monster for refusing it, even though she had not. Sakura looked down at the ground as he ranted, feeling a mixture of sadness at how hurt the demon clearly was and utter bemusement at the level of importance he seemed to ascribe to what was ultimately just a rather nice dessert.

After a moment, the demon stopped his rant, and Sakura looked down at him, noticing that he was still trembling. She was about to apologise, and make it clear that she thought cake was actually very nice, when he himself looked down out of shame, and spoke up once more, much more calmly and with a clear gone of regret in his voice.

"S-sorry, I got carried away. I... I understand. I will revise the menu. It's ok, I'll make something yummy”, he said, clearly upset at how he had reacted.

Hmm, I wonder if he just doesn't know what ordinary people eat, Sakura thought.

After all, it wasn't like demons would eat like normal people. Perhaps he was like Rider, and ate only for enjoyment, rather than for nourishment.

Sakura looked up at him with a gentle smile.

“It's not that I don't like cake. Cake is lovely. I would be happy to eat a cake you made for us. But, ordinary humans need to eat for nourishment as well as just for fun and, as delicious as cake is, it is not particularly nourishing”, she said.

“If you aren't sure, I can provide some ideas, although I'm not sure what Irisviel would like. I can even cook it, I like cooking.”

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Even Medaka was taken back by Lorenzo's tale.  She couldn't believe how much he had done in such little time.  Still, he had done many questionable things in his time in this city.  Medaka frowned disapprovingly when he told the part about stealing from an old lady.  But his story didn't bother her too much.  She knew just how bad he could get after the incident with Surien.  The longer he talked, the more Medaka realized why she was drawn to the pirate.  It was his imperfections that she liked and his fool hardy nature that kept her close to him.  She may have born to help others but helping Lorenzo had the challenge and satisfaction of helping 1,000 people.  She had grown attached to him, the magic pirate with the heart of fire and a personality to match.

Medaka looked at the officer, then at Lorenzo.  She just sat there smiling as the officer collected his thoughts.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Orson Leonhard and Lorenzo

Yes, an earnest fool this man was. He had not lied. They had not told him, but this room had been imbued with a multitude of mind-reading glyphs of different scale. The information recorded could not be used as evidence, but it could be used to confirm information.

With a wry smile, Orson laid his hand on the criminal's shoulder.

"Lorenzo, you may have had no bad intention so to speak of, but you did cause harm to this city. Your crimes should not go unpunished, and they will not. However, this is Nexus City. We don't have to do things the normal way all the time, so let me propose something to you..."

Orson paused, taking note of Lorenzo's somewhat timid expression. Quite the softie, the boy was. Even despite that hardass attitude of his. Far from the heartless crook described in the report. With a wry smile, he spoke up once again.

"Instead of serving your time rotting in jail, put your skills to use within our ranks. I don't see a better way to clear your wrongdoings in this city. It's not a request or an order, but a proposition. The police is thin on manpower, and manpower is what you've shown to be."

Besides, having him near the police force would prove better to have him run amok in the city.

Lorenzo Remei frowned for a second. "What if I refuse?" he asked. Orson's eye narrowed, and taking hold of the pile of documents, he spoke up.

"As I said, you have committed crimes. If you do accept, Medaka and you will be free to go. Under surveilance of course. If you refuse, however, then a case will be filed against both of you. Between you and me, this is the pest option I could offer."

With that, Lorenzo stood silent and pondered. Scratching his temple, he frowned once more before yawning. Stretching back, he twirled his hair and answered.

"Aye, I accept. It's not like I have much choice or anything. Fine, I'll help yall."

"Good." said Orson, taking Lorenzo's hand firmly and shaking it.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka just sat there for a second, unable to process this new turn of events  Then, it hit her.  "Your having him join the police?"  She said with shock in her voice.

She felt a bit conflicted.  On one hand, she was happy he would do something more productive and more towards the greater good.  On the other hand, it made her sad that she would have to leave her new pirate companion.