Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 14128 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

"Exactly." said Orson, far from hiding his satisfaction from this turn of events. Then, Marcus nudged him on the shoulder.

Turning his glance to Medaka, he couldn't help but notice she was still troubled. "Oi, what's wrong Med?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka looked at Lorenzo.  She couldn't be selfish.  This was the best course of action for him.

She smiled, as if learning that a friend had just been cured of a sickness.  "Nothings wrong.  This is great!  Im sure you can make a difference with your abilities.  Just make sure you visit me from time to time."  She said, hiding her feelings behind her usual aura of confidence and selflessness.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

Lorenzo frowned, Grabbing Medaka's shoulder, he looked at her with a look of disapproval.

"Hey, you don't have to hide your feelings from me, you know?" he said, his tone of a somewhat faint annoyance. Then, he smiled before speaking up once more.

"As your captain, no, as your friend, It's my job to get all that pent up stress off your chest. If something's troubling you, you can lay your burden on me. If something is pissing you off, you can take it all out on me. If something is saddening you, you can cry for as long as you want to over me. My shoulder's yours for as long as you need to lie on it. If you choose not to tell me something, I'll respect that choice. But please, don't lie to me."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Tears began pouring from Medaka's face as she became overwhelmed with emotion.  She was stubborn but not oblivious to others emotions.  Realizing the pirate was right, she let it all out.

"I... I dont want you to go.  Ill be lonely in this city by myself.  I am so happy that you will become a cop, that you will help others.  It makes me proud that you have grown in such a short time.  But, I don't want to say goodbye!  I want to go on more adventures with you!  I want to be there to help you!  I know its selfish but I still want to be with you."

She wiped the tears from her face.  "Look I think you should be a cop.  Its the best option.  You can clean your record and become the man that I see you as and not the man of your past.  But I guess im scared that you wont need me anymore."  She said, her eyes intense with emotion.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Natara

The Caretaker had spent a length of time wandering and dissolving anything unlucky enough to get in her way within the alleys of the city but it was still not enough. When she looked into the Chalice and saw something staring back at her she was sure that she had been late in the feeding schedule.

It was troubling but not a insuperable issue. All she needed was enough sacrifices to sate the sleeper for the time being. So her gaze was locked onto the police station. She knew it was a risk to target this place but perhaps the prisoner would be more satisfied destroying the local law enforcement than other targets.

"Once upon a time, the powers of creation were so mighty that they deafened the world whenever they were used. Then a silence was born; so potent was the silence that it swallowed Creation itself. Elrirll err." These words were power. Making the Taint a force of annihilation rather than corruption.

From across the building she tipped the Chalice and the Taint fell upon the ground. An endless amount of black fluid was gushing out of the cup and moving towards the station. Then for a moment it receded before rising like a wave and crashing against the building. Wards flashed for a moment before being completely destroyed and walls of brick and mortar fared no better. There was a simple intent behind the shadowy fluid. It would dissolve the building and everything within it completely.

Guilt and nervousness filled Natara like a pit in her stomach but she squashed the feelings ruthlessly. There was no point in regret now. Whatever may happen the prisoner would be fed nw. It was necessary.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Suiren

Suiren looked out at the sight with a ghost of a smile, before walking over the edge and taking a seat, letting her hands dangle. For a moment she just sat there, looking out into the metal and stone forest filled with life and light.

Then she turned her head to Butler and asked a simple question, “What do you think when you look at this city?”

Rebeca

Rebeca was barely paying attention until she felt her feet softly touch the ground, “Huh?” And then she focused for a moment and heard the thoughts of the people around her.

Namely Aki, who was really, REALLY, angry, Caedia seemed to be annoyed for a moment as well, before she seemed to just radiate some kind of enjoyment or joy.

It kinda ticked Rebeca off.

“Don’t do that again.” She said as she crossed her arms and gave Caedia a glare, then her glare moved to Aki, “And no threatening people.”

Crest

Ok, this was becoming a mess.

“So the… lockers,” Crest said, repeating the strange word he heard earlier, “are that way?” He asked, pointing. The man behind the desk nodded while scowling at the girls.

And so Crest just walked off, if they were going to make a distraction he might as well make use of it.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
LANCELOT

Noel tried to stammer out a question, apparently thinking that the detective himself had brought it along, but gave up and just discarded it while promising to make it up to Saber later. Then she took notice of the dark knight stareing her way, and to his surprise, she leaned forward and glared at him.

He turned around and continued walking without a word or the slightest shift in his facial expression. The girl was quite clueless and had nothing resembling discipline, but perhaps she actually had a spine.

They continued their march through the unspeakably foul waters, beams of light slicing through the darkness as the group waved their flashlights, searching for anything that would indicate the presence of something or someone living down here. Lancelot’s own flashlight passed over a humanoid shape, and he immediately trained the beam on what appeared to be a masked woman, preparing to draw Arondight should a weapon be needed.

“We are here to find a creature murdering families. It is believed to live down here”, he answered her query in an equally curt manner. “Would you know anything about that?”
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:50:43 AM by Kaze »
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Mia

“Hehe, wasn’t it!?” Mia smiled at PARIAH, “But I have to go find papa, how about we play again another day, OK? I promise it will also be a fun time.”

Why, she already had a couple of targets in mind, that meanie had to get punished eventually after all.

She then frowned and looked at her blood covered form, "But first I need to get clean... Papa would not like to see me all dirty."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:56:37 AM by Knick »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

"You idiot." Lorenzo sighed before knocking lightly on Medaka's head, a faint *bonk* audible. Then, he hugged her again.

"I ain't going to let a charming lady alone, specially if it's you. Have you forgotten? I owe you a trip around the city! Besides, I promised I wouldn't ever leave you alone." he said, smiling kindly before cradling her once more, his finger stroking her cheek to wipe the tears away.

Then, another *bonk* was heard once more. But Lorenzo didn't cause it this time...

Then, the whole. It felt... cold. No, it wasn't due to the temperature. He was shaking, there was something and that something was causing Lorenzo to feel fear. A bead of cold sweat san down his face as he felt a shiver run down his spine.

Then the whole station began to rumble, a tremendous force shaking the structure about. Something black was melting the walls off and advancing, seeping and burning trough doors as easily as lava runs trough paper.

"The hell!?" Lorenzo yelled, his eyes widening in horror. Instinctively, he grabbed onto Medaka and ran off to the other side of the room, the nearby officers following him in fear. Some stood their ground  with guns and magic, but they were quickly-

"EVERYONE OUT. OUT! EVACUATE THE AREA!" he roared, running away from the tainted avalanche's advance. Shutting the door behind him, he realized this padded room had no doors or windows.

Richard Maxwell

Richard frowned. His affable smile gone, all that was left was an aggravating look. It seemed he'd have to find out manually.

"Kazikli Bey- Der Rosenkavalier." he said, words of a dull tone filled with magical power. Immediately, the puddle shifted and burst into many frozen spears, about a dozen thorns of ice shooting from below with the intention of impaling the woman from all directions.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:45:37 PM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor watched Ur with some slight apprehension at her apparent disappointment in him, starting to feel like there was a little ball of ice in his stomach. He'd failed, both himself and her expectations. He'd rushed the spell and messed that up, then had the gall to seemingly ask for an easy way out of-

Then he felt the cool kiss of silk against his skin, looking at himself to find that a dark purple robe had come into existence around him. Closer examination drew his attention to delicate silver embroidery worked into the cool fabric and the myriad feathers and scales worked into the shoulders. Apprehension was quickly replaced with wonder as the teen stood up, barely managing enough focus to shape a full-length mirror to his side. To say Adjutor was amazed by the sheer craftsmanship apparent in the robes would have been a blasphemous understatement.

Never thought I'd care one way or another about how I looked, but...wow. Can't even think of anything else to say...Xarrest?

...Can't help you there.

Then Adjutor caught a hint of a design on the back of the robe. His curiosity piqued, he immediately formed a hand mirror, using it in conjunction with the other mirror he'd conjured to get a good look at the design to find the masterfully detailed dragon on the back of the robe, the scales shimmering and eyes flickering in the not-light of the Fade such that it seemed like it was alive. Adjutor Xarrest had no words left in him for all of a few minutes.

...This is a chance.

With that, both mirrors popped out of existence and the teen looked at the spot where his first attempt at the Glyph had been. He needed this next attempt to succeed. This was a chance he'd been given, a challenge she'd handed down to him. That he was worthy of being her apprentice, worthy of this gift, even if it was mere dream-make and wouldn't last outside of said dream.

So...what went wrong last time?

Perhaps the mana flow? Let's look around a bit.

Eyes still unsealed, Adjutor examined the area around the Glyph for a moment, going over what Ur had said earlier as he tried to figure out what he was-

Wait. This place is filled with mana, sure, but it's also a place of dreams. This Glyph is meant to enforce reality, so of course it would be even more difficult to use here.

Well, at least if we can succeed here, then this Glyph should be fairly easy to use outside.

Okay...focus on the- wait a minute.

The teen grinned for a moment before opening up the connection again, stretching out a hand as if to reach out to the mana around him.

Let's see...Focus on the concept, order imposed upon the world. Gather the mana required.

"Moes."

With this quiet utterance, seemingly gibberish, the mana within the teen's vicinity is stilled, remaining active while no longer moving about so chaotically as before.

This will have to suffice, then.

Indeed. Now then, order imposed upon the world within its bounds. Magic is the anomaly to be ended within the bounds of this rune.

Enforce the rules of the world through this mark.

Bring to an end all anomalies within its bounds.

With that, Adjutor took the stilled mana and gathered it to him, shaping it to carry out the task set before him.

Foolish mortal, your guard is-

Before the demon could finish, Adjutor released the mana, watching as it carved itself into the ground in the same design as Ur put before him. This time, however, it was different from his previous attempt. The teen couldn't put what was different about it to words, but he knew regardless.

Then the Glyph took effect, and Adjutor realized his success with the sudden leaden weight upon his body as all the mana around him within a fair radius was simply...neutralized. As if the area had simply been cleansed of the stuff. The teen really couldn't help but smile a little.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

*bonk*  Medaka looked up at Lorenzo, eyes like that of a puppy as he compassionately gave her a playful hit to the head.

"I ain't going to let a charming lady alone, specially if it's you. Have you forgotten? I owe you a trip around the city! Besides, I promised I wouldn't ever leave you alone."  He ensured her.  It made her feel good that he was still considering her.  But how can he not leave her?  He has to join the police?

Before she could really start to think about it, a noise was heard in the wall of the building.  A black lava like substance seeped through the walls, destroying everything it touched.  Lorenzo instinctively grabbed her and ran into another room.  She looked back as the soon to be officer pulled her away.  The cops were being consumed by that evil substance. 

He dragged her to a padded room, screaming to the other cops to evacuate.  There was no where to escape.  Well, that's not entirely true.  Medaka freed herself from Lorenzo's grip and ran to the wall directly in front of them.  She took a fighting stance, her left leg in front of her right, knees slightly bent.  She held her left hand out, as if telling the wall to stop.  Her right hand formed a fist and was placed just above her hip.  She took a deep breath and struck the wall with everything she had.  The moment her fist made contact with the wall, a crashing sound was heard.  There was now a large hole where the wall used to be, easily big enough to drive a small compact car through.

Medaka turned around to face Lorenzo.  "This way!  We need to get these officers out of the building before it completely collapses!"  She commanded with a sense of urgency.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:28:10 PM by yinsukin »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

The Old God had a small smirk on her face as she surveyed the glyph from her throne. It was satisfactory and that meant that the boy had some skill. That was rather pleasing. Now it was just a matter of honing the speed and concentration.

"The glyph is usable, but you need to be faster. Much faster."

It was always so much easier to grab power from the Fade while within it. With practiced ease she formed a countless amount of projectiles. Sharp stone, shards of ice, bolts of fire, and balls of lightning which increased in size until they were practically a wall.

"Dodge and cast. If you prove to be acceptable we can cut this session short."

She snapped her fingers and the projectiles fired themselves at Adjutor. If he could dodge them and cast it would be exceptional but it was rather unlikely. Hopefully he could manage to either cast the spell or dodge them all. Any pain would be a learning supplement. Casting while in pain is the mark of any decent mage after all.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Richard frowned. His affable smile gone, all that was left was an aggravating look. It seemed he'd have to find out manually.

"Kazikli Bey- Der Rosenkavalier." he said, words of a dull tone filled with magical power. Immediately, the puddle shifted and burst into many frozen spears, about a dozen thorns of ice shooting from below with the intention of impaling the woman from all directions.

Rikuyo

The girl tried to dodge the salvo of ice projectiles frantically, jumping as high she could only to be impaled several times by them. Her left arm was pierced and her abdomen stabbed. To her consolation her clothes were not much worse off than before. It still hurt like hell. Gritting her teeth, she crashed into the ground, bearing the pain. It seemed to be miraculous that she could still stand up. And her left arm was limp, only her one arm left to fend off any upcoming attack. "Heh, I owe ya. It's been first time in a while I'll give it my best shot!" she smirked, white colored aura engulfing her. Her looks didn't change, but she powered up as much as she could without any transforming further. Energy started gathering in her right palm, her charging her energy "If you can't block this with your ice, better move out of the way." she warned her opponent.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

Lorenzo nodded and followed Medaka trough the hole. Following at a quick pace, Orson tossed a bag at Lorenzo. Unzipping it, the pirate smiled before taking hold of his gun and sword once more.

"Evacuate the perimeter." Orson commanded on his walkie talkie. Smiling, both ran trough the hall, even as it was slowly eaten trough by the black substance. Pointing his gun to the roof, Lorenzo fired his flintlock. It's spark immediately burst into a great wave of fire, blowing part of the roof away and revealing the sky.

"Keep everyone out, and don't die on me!" Lorenzo roared. Then, fire collected around his feet and blasted away, enabling him to take flight like a poor man's iron-man.

Now flying above the station, Lorenzo could see what seemed to be the source of that black substance. Landing on the roof, he glared at it's source. It didn't matter what it was, what mattered was that it was something that was taking lives, so he had to destroy it.

Waving his rapier down, he formed a wave of fire which immediately shot downwards like a meteor, aiming for it's target with precision.

Richard Maxwell

"Very well. Accept this as your farewell gift, monster." said Richard, nodding before taking a stance. His hand was pointed at the woman, open as if to grab something.

Then, there was a powerful surge of magical energy. All the water collected around the man's arm, swirling into a sharp edge at his palm. Not one droplet was left, all that was there was a maddening drill of water swirling around the man's arm, as if to consume it. Richard's face twisted in pain, the magical energy growing in power exponentially.

Then it all stopped, the water forming what seemed to be a lance of ridiculous size, it's point aiming for where the man's palm was directed at.

Tohuw Balagan

Tohuw's face immediately lit up. "Really!? You'd help me out?" he squealed, giggling like a japanese schoolgirl and jumping around in glee.

"Very well! Let us cook! To the kitchens!" he stated, moving around in a theatrical fashion. Then, he twirled in place, only to appear to now be wearing a stereotypical chef's uniform, pristine white like his prior clothes.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:11:05 PM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor's smile widened ever so slightly for all of a moment. Then Ur summoned a massive wall composed of various elemental projectiles, sharp stones, shards of ice, bolts of fire, and...were those balls of lightning?

...Focus. Focus focus focus.

Order. Enforcement of reality. Magical anomalies to be destroyed.

No magic may exist within these bounds.

"Dodge and cast," she said, "If you prove to be acceptable we can cut this session short."

And then the first of the projectiles flew at the teen, a stone shard followed closely by a few shards of ice which were followed in turn by countless other projectiles.

"Moes," the teen muttered to himself as the projectiles closed in.

Xarrest, you handle the Glyph. I'll focus on this mess.

Reflexively, Adjutor lashed out with one arm, a length of Armogarian metal emerging from his arm with a spiked morningstar head on the end to smash the rock aside before the teen retracted the metal back into his arm and dodged out of the way of the first ice shard, smashing the second with an Armogarian mace emerging from his arm before dodging out of the way of the third.

Ready!

Adjutor wove his way through another set of elemental projectiles, neatly avoiding getting hit for the most part in spite of a few near misses, before unleashing the Glyph, the design carving itself into the ground near him, dissipating the elemental magic within its bounds in addition to any more projectiles that approach. The teen stood within the bounds of the Glyph, taking a moment to gather himself. Surely this Glyph wouldn't last forever, so it was just a matter of preparing to cast the next one.

Michael

The girl's warning, the pounding footsteps, a few other things, all alerted Michael to the charge of the foolish kid.

Michael turned to face him just in time have to put up a rushed block against a strike from one of the weirdest weapons he'd seen in recent memory.

Is that...a key?

The horizontal strike from the first 'keyblade', for lack of a better term, was followed up with a second diagonal strike from another blade. From the vertical position Michael had the staff in to block the horizontal strike, it was a simple matter to turn the staff and sweep the keyblade down with one end of the staff while the other sailed towards the boy's face.

What is it with people and interrupting my fights?! Seriously!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:10:41 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses