Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 13665 times)

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Suiren’s eyes quickly moved to Butler who appeared beside her, “No. And whatever you do, do not fight him or anyone else here, especially if you see an old man.” She was dead serious, Butler might be strong, but wherever the Saint was the guard would be sure to also be.

And if that man was here it would be the worst scenario for him.

Her eyes moved back to the Saint. And then he spoke, “It seems you are in this place as well Suiren.” He simply stated. But Suiren did not have any words for him.

Instead she chose action.

Suiren exploded with into movement and rushed to the Saint. And then, far before she reached him she swung out her fist with all her might as her body twisted into the blow.

The strike met a wall, and the air shook and exploded between it and her fist. Then, using the momentum of the charge she followed through with the punch, her body spun and her leg lashed out, striking the barrier with titanic force. 

Again the air exploded, but the Saint did not even flinch at the strikes.

And then the Saint raised his hand, and a surge of light exploded outward from a quickly formed sphere, sending her flying back.

As Suiren flew and landed into a roll, the Saint gave her no reprieve, and immediately fired a spear of cleansing light. Time seemed to slow as it raced at Suiren’s head, closer and closer. And then she moved, her body spun, and with a hand coated in golden light she grabbed the spear of light from the air.

The white began to surge with gold as Suiren continued to spin, pivoting on her feet, and then with all her might, she flung the spear back at her opponent.

The spear traveled unopposed, but the moment it hit Hamara it harmlessly broke upon his form.

And Suiren simply glared as they two returned to a standstill, Suiren’s smoking and burnt right palm the only trace of the clash.

“Let’s see how you like this, Saint.” Suiren declared as the golden light danced around her form with greater intensity, the earth shook as the pulse of the earth flowed into her. And again, and again. It kept flowing into her, and the light intensified.

And in a burst of moment appeared a couple of meters away from the Saint. And the man did not even respond. “GOLDEN MOUNTAIN FISTS: EARTH SHAKING GOLDEN AVALANCH!”” And a fist shot forward and hit the barrier.

The air shook and floor cracked, the glass broke, and everything was blown away. An explosion of force which broke the world simply by existing was released. But the the Saint did not move. And then another fist struck, and another, and again.

A flurry of golden blows struck against a now visible but translucent white barrier, and slowly the Saint was pushed back. And then it stopped, and at that moment Suiren took a stance. “Golden Mountain Fist: SUPPREME PEAK!”

A fist struck and the force of countless blows struck the barrier, and with a shockwave the Saint in territory was launched, being shot out of the building like a comet.

The white sphere, now obvious from all sides, shot from the building, before it came to an almost immediate stop and floated in the air. Hovering in the center was the Saint, untouched and unaffected, with his arms outstretched.

And a golden blur shot out from the building, and in the air above his sanctuary Suiren fell. “I’M NOT DONE YET!” And the golden light again increased, as the pulse of the sky flowed into her, though what appeared to be golden cracks in the air they floated. 

“GOLDEN HEAVEN STRIKE!” He leg was raised high, the golden light collecting into it, “FALLING GOLDEN STAR!” And it fell.

And again the air shook, and the Temple of the Saint was shot to the earth, a sonic boom shattering the windows of the surrounding buildings. And like a meteor it crashed into the earth, shattering and tearing up the pavement, filling the area with dust.

Suiren fell from the sky, and with a small tap she landed near the edge of the crater. Her eyes never moving from the cloud. And suddenly a flash of brilliant light, a spear of white, raced towards her. And her fist rose to meet it.

The golden light of the fist clashed against the white of the spear, and with a horrible crunch the spear seemed to break, dissipating into nothing. 

Suiren’s eyes did not even move however, “A sneak attack Saint? I know you don’t need tactics like that. Stop fucking with me.” She called out, ignoring the screams as the people ran from the scene. And then brilliant light shined from the crater, forcing her to shield her eyes.

The light hit her form and it began to burn, smoke rose from her clothes and she felt pain. But she was far enough, far enough from the source of the light it would do nothing more.

And when it subsided Suiren lowered her arms, and in the center of the crater stood Hamara, not a speck of dirt or filth on his pristine white robe. He simple stood there, looking at her with an odd look on his face.

Then he raised a hand and the spears flew. Uncountable numbers, unrelenting, shot at Suiren, and her fists rose to meet them.

Fist and Spear, Gold and White, Creation and Existence. These things clashed in a dance of light. The fists moved, striking all spears that got close. A dance where if Suiren missed a step it would mean her life was forfeit. A dance of death and a dance she would not fail.

Time passed, and the spears stopped. And Suiren’s eyes found the Saint, still standing there, in the center of the creator. And there he stood there, watching her, waiting for her.

Why was he waiting? Who knew?

Suiren felt her blood boil. This… this man did not take her seriously, did not even consider her a threat, not to him, and not even to humans. If she was anyone else the Saint would hold no quarter.

“That’s enough Suiren.” Hamara spoke, “Such attacks will do nothing, if you truly desire to defeat me, you must become greater.” His voice was flat; there was no inclination of emotion. 

“You… you... YOU!” Suiren trembled with rage. How dare this man lecture her, how dare he act like she was not even worth his time, “FINE! I’LL SHOW YOU! I’LL SHOW YOU MY WILL AS THE MIGHTIEST, AS THE STONGEST!” She screamed as she took up a stance.

She was the Empress, she would not be denied, not be insulted like this!

Then her fist began to glow, and with it the world began to scream.

The earth shook, the air spun and became erratic, light flicked as it bent around the fist, and the loose elements of the world began to spin around her, like dust caught in a tornado. But it still grew.

Hamara waited, he waited for the attack to grow further, and after some time he simply held out his arm to the side, and at that moment a spear began to form, brilliant light became hard and defined as it collected, and it emanated purity and power. It was the same as the spear that stroke down the dragon earlier that day. 

But then he continued to wait, for moments that seemed like hours, he waited as the light of Suiren’s fist continued to increase. A brilliant golden light. There was something innately beautiful about it, about the essence of one person, of them reaching new heights, of them putting it all into one strike.

And not even Hamara could deny it…

But the truth will.

Suiren’s legs tensed the earth beneath her cracked as she looked down at Hamara in the crater. Anger, hatred, and some other emotion filled her eyes. And then she began to move, she ran, to the edge of the crater and then using the ledge as a jumping board she leapt at him, ready to strike though his attack.

Her Existence would surpass truth. “WORLD BREAKING EMPRESS FIST!”

“Peirce” Hamara said in response and flicked his arm forward, and the spear launched.

And then the spear and fist meet. 

In that moment, in the brief moment, the moment that seemed to last forever, the world went silent. Gold and White clashed, Existance and Creation met.

Then in the next moment the World roared out, golden cracks spread though the earth and air, the clouds in the sky were pushed away by the excess of rising energy. Spiraling winds, clouds of dust and stone, melting pavement, and brilliant lighting flashed from the clash.

Anyone who was sensitive, anyone who could detect such things could feel it, no matter where they are in this massive city. Space cracked, time bent, and the world screamed in pain.

And over the sound, the sound that overwhelmed all others, a voice screamed out. “I WON’T LOSE! I WON’T! I WILL OVERCOME YOU! NO MATTER WHAT I WILL MAKE YOU YIELD!”

And then existence collapsed.

The golden light vanished, and the brilliant white of the spear ripped through Suiren’s arm. And flew into the air where it exploded. Illuminating the sky of the nexus as if it was a second sun.

A moment later Suiren fell back, knocked back in the air, and plummeted to the ground. In the crater she landed, half way between the Saint and the edge of it.

There she laid, blood pouring out of the wound. There she laid still, her arm cleansed by the Rite of Creation.

“Cold… why do I feel so cold?” Suiren mumbled, dead to the world. She could not feel the pain; she could not feel the cold air, not the stone, not the wetness of the blood that seeped into her clothing.

She just felt a cold, a cold in the deepest part of her. Her strength was bested; the greatest thing she could muster was overcome. And she could not surpass that man this time. Just like she could not before.

She was still weak, why was she still so weak. 

And for a moment a flicker of silver passed over her form, and golden light danced from the stub of her arm, before they faded without anyone noticing.     

Hamara looked at the body of the woman named Suiren. She would not die, she was stronger than that. Even a missing arm, she could recover from that.

The Creation within her would make it so.

So he turned around and began to walk away, stairs of light forming to allow him to leave the crater. “Fallen one.” He called out to the skeletal man that accompanied Suiren, knowing he could hear him, “Care to her, she will live.”

As he reached the edge of the crater he stopped for a moment, he hesitated, and then he called out one more time, “Tell her… ‘You have gotten very strong Suiren.’” And with that he began to walk away.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Natara

Natara grimaced. This was beginning to get out of hand quickly. As fire approached and flickering beings of purple and black began materializing around her she realized now was the time to take risks. The Taint was corruption. It was destruction. But it could also be an opening. "Ciri hilm."

As the wave of shadow covered the rest of the dissolving station and spilled into the area behind it two pairs of arms arose from the dark puddles at her feet. One figure emerged covered in armor with a halo hovering over his head and a bow in his hands. The temperature in the area increased as he stood and surveyed the situation with a gaze hidden behind his helmet.

At his side stood a necromancer. Clothed in robes with a bone white mask over his face and a staff in hand. Pulsating red energy coated his gloved hands and traveled along the skull on his staff.

Under any other circumstances they would have simply slain the woman and killed each other before releasing the rest of themselves but the situation had changed. Too many variables and unworthy grasping hands reaching towards their true self. They did not deserve it! To bear the name of Power and Authority was a right that belonged only to them, and they would not suffer even an unknowing rival. The Caretaker was weak. She could be dealt with easily afterwards.

They acted as one. The archer leaped forward and grasped the wave of fire and fashioned it into the shape of an arrow in an instant. The heat intensified between his fingers until the arrow was too bright to look at. It was so hot that it could sear flesh and scorch bone with proximity alone. It didn't take him more than a second to pick out the immense mana from one of the nearby rooftops. His gaze focused on the painfully slow archer aiming a sword at his general direction. The solar archer released the blazing arrow straight at the man's torso before allowing heat to blossom between his fingers once more. The bow sang as dozens of flaming projectiles slammed into the creatures of darkness and dispersed them.

The necromancer focused on the entities of flame conjured by the man. The deep red coiling around his staff flared and the mana was ripped out from one of the constructs. With the excess he energy he reached to the spirits of the recently deceased and summoned spectral officers to intercept the creatures.

PARIAH

The virus thought for a bit. If seeing Papa would make sister happy and she needed to be clean first then he should help. He held out one of his small hands which separated into dozens of tendrils that busied themselves with lapping up blood and consuming leftover bits of gore.

"Better?"

Caedia

The Arisen's smile vanished from her face however she was still a bit joyous on the inside. The girl was still cute like that, but right now she had other priorities. Crest was going to where those 'lockers' were and while Akiholarme was following Caedia wouldn't mind. Allowing a single issue to sour a potential relationship wouldn't be very wise.

So she just nodded at Rebeca and patted her on the shoulder before walking off with the other two with curiosity filling her gaze to the brim.

Urthemiel

The Old God laughed. He was a foolish one. She had so many things to do. Rituals to perform and magic to study. He was certainly a resource to be cultivated but not one that would acquire her complete attention. "No. I think this lesson is at a close. Stay perfectly still and you'll wake up just before you die."

She held out a hand and a river of flame poured from it and rushed towards Adjutor.

Mata Boyd

The sewage worker was rather unimpressed at the sword pointed at her. "To call something by its name is to know its purpose in the world. I'm a sewage worker and that's all you need to know. Now then, considering you're so intent on helping out here I'm coming with you. I'm not sure how prepared you think you were but the sewers here are massive and an abomination of different systems mixed together. It'd be difficult just to get your way around here. Finding a specific creature in here is nearly impossible unless you have experience.

She smoothed a crinkle in her uniform. "I'm only doing this because whatever mess you make here is something I will need to clean up. It's easier on me and the others if we already have the areas recorded.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor winced ever so slightly at the laughter that was Ur's first response to his question before taking a moment to appreciate the sound. Before the teen could acknowledge the rest of his teacher's response, she launched a river of fire at him. Adjutor's surprise was momentary as he braced himself, but just before the fire hit, he blacked out before waking up with a jolt on top of the roof top once more, his mind in disarray. Fortunately, he managed to school his thoughts quickly enough that his mana didn't destabilize to any appreciable extent.

Taking a moment recover from the shock of 'dying', Adjutor sat up, taking the the area around him. They were still on that rooftop, Laivatain was still warming the area, and he still didn't have clothes.

And then a pulse of blistering heat from Laivatain brought Adjutor's attention to the Fire Elemental in full.

...How the...?

Somehow, the Elemental was disturbed. Something had happened, something of such magnitude that a being linked to Creation itself was affected by it in someway. Then a gout of fire sprayed down not more than a few feet from Adjutor. Frowning, the teen raised a hand, calling to the Elemental. Recognizing the voice of its contractor, the Elemental quickly gathered itself, forming into a flaming two-hander once more.

Laivatain, what the hell just happened?

...We...don't know...the others don't know either. It felt like...like...

At this point, words failed the piece of Adjutor's own persona that the Elemental had taken into itself, and it instead used the link to share what it saw with Adjutor.

Through the Elemental's perception, Adjutor heard the screaming of the world itself rend the air, grabbing his head as the horrid cacophony tore through his brain before, finally, it stopped.

...Strange...it's fading...

The hell was that?!

...You're not thinking...

Are you really going to leave something like this alone?

It's fading. We've never seen something like this happen before and there's no reason to assume that it'll happen again.

By that same reasoning, there's no reason to assume it won't.

At the very least, we shouldn't leave before she's woken up. Maybe she has something else to tell us before we go?

...Dammit.

With that, the teen sits down next to Ur and resolves to wait a bit.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:37:39 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Corporal Mathew Blackburn
If the woman heard him, she didn't acknowledge it. Mathew didn't slow his stride, getting ready to drag her away from danger if he needed to.

The next few moments was when all Hell broke loose. A large portion of the inky black ooze rose up to do...something on the roof while a smaller portion broke off and darted his way. Blackburn wouldn't have time to raise up his Volleygun, so he was forced to dive to the left. The thing about Carapace Armor is that it does limit mobility somewhat: the role wasn't clean, and thought he dodge was successful, the Dragoon found himself on his hands and knees, his gun dragging by the cord on the ground.

Then there was a bursting noise, and the entire area was covered by a thick smoke. While picking himself up, Mathew flipped a switch with his left hand to the side of his helm, switching his vision setting to thermal. The building was gone! How...wha-?

And the woman was no longer alone. There were two figures with he rnow, one who was so hot that he was practically white on the thermal. He pulled out a bow, and suddenly there was a second sun. By the Emperor, what was happening?!

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

Horror. Pure, utter horror filled Lorenzo's face. Two monstrosities appeared from that pitch black substance, taking his flames and manipulating them as if they didn't belong to him. To make things worse, that demon had returned for some reason, intent on performing his dark machinations.

A faint golden light, a beautiful light struggling as it was dragged on by an endless current of incandescent white. He could recognise this same golden color, it was her! Seeing this awesome display, how could anyone lose hope?

For the first time in years, his heart danced and boiled. Lorenzo's crisp face turned into a feral grin and he felt courage. This was unlike his boastful self, the one that would run from his fear. That is not courage. An ant does not know fear either, therefore it does not possess courage.

Courage is to know fear, to accept it, and to vanquish it.

She too was fighting, she too was struggling. If he couldn't at least do this much, then it would have all been a lie. He'd show them, he'd show them all that he wasn't worthless. That man he once was had died, he couldn't bring him back. But he could surpass him!

Those golden flames, he would surpass them with his soul.

"HA!"

Landing on the ground, he grinned and burst forward again. It was exhausting, it was painful, it was too much for his body to handle. But he would never give up, not to them and not to himself.

Landing, he touched the ground with the palm of his hand. The flames that had been taken from him, they wouldn't come back. But he could make other flames, he could move forward. He could win. The spark of the flintlock was instantaneous, but the inferno that seeped into the earth seemed almost eternal. The fire impregnated the earth and advanced towards the woman from below. The earth would burn and bubble, fire bursting from below to drag that abominable taint and it's creator down the pits of hell.

There was no backing down, so he could only move forward.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:39:31 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

The officers left, convinced to leave because of the mess that was unfolding before them in combination with her strong warning.  Medaka looked back at Lorenzo, who had now landed and was attacking the source of the evil substance that destroyed the station.  In that same moment she saw that the substance had gotten bigger, like a wave crashing and was now about to hit her in the parking lot.  Moving as quickly as possible, she darted to the left, dodging the dark substance and keeping to the outside of the station, keeping about 12 feet of distance between her and the substance.

While running, she took another good look at what was going on.  There were three people here as far as she could tell.  Lorenzo, a soldier and a girl, holding a chalice.  It was obviously the source of the evil substance. For some reason, even glancing at the cup made her stressed and ready to attack.  Next to her were two magical looking creatures.  They looked supernatural in nature, likely mages that had arrived to help the girl, perhaps summoned using magic.  One of them took Lorenzo's fire and used it to attack something in the distance.

Medaka stopped moving and watched the arrow soar.  In the far distance she saw a man who was preparing a arrow of his own.  She only hoped that he would be able to endure or avoid the attack.  After that, she noticed a burst of light in the sky, likely the woman from before fighting in the distance.  She continued scanning the sky before she saw him, the dark man from before.

Medaka was overwhelmed with emotion.  There was so much going on at one time.  It was obvious that if nothing was done, things could get out of hand.  Plus, the dark man was back.  He had destroyed Lorenzo's ship and almost killed them only a short while ago.  For the first time in her life, she felt utterly helpless.  She was far too weak to stop this fight and too weak to ensure everyone safety.  She gave into her emotions, overwhelmed by fear, frustration and helplessness.

Her hair turned a scarlet red.  She began to exude an aura of evil so intimidating that even the strongest of creatures would be afraid.  In this state, her sense of morality is fractured.  She would do whatever it would take to end this fight, even if she had to participate herself.

Medaka turned her attention to the girl with the cup.  The best option would be to take her out before the dark man gets involved.  She sprinted towards the woman with the two mages.  It wouldn't take her long to get close to the girl.

"You! Girl!  Prepare yourself!"  She commanded, challenging the girl. 

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The immortal considers the situation for all of a moment before allowing a fond smile.

"Can't say I'd turn down the offer," Michael admits, "What about you, kid?"

"Though," Michael continues as he notices the hydromancer's current state, "He'll probably need a hand as it is."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:30:18 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
EMIYA SHIROU

Something new sprouted from the corruption covering the earth. Two menacing figures, demonic in appearance, moved in accord to defend the source of what created them. The one armed with a bow moved with speed beyond human, intercepting the incoming wall of fire and fashioning the element into an arrow, superheated until it glowed a bright white. Shirou gritted his teeth when the enemy archer looked directly at him, understanding immediately that arrow had his name on it.

Without moving his bow and fully prepared “arrow”, The freelance magus shifted his concentration to project another sword. A blade formed in the air next to him, black as obsidian. The real Durandal was rumored to have been the sharpest sword in existence and indestructible. This was merely a false copy, but it would serve its purpose.

The demonic archer fired, its arrow literally burning through the air as it flew. An instant later, Durandal shot forward on an intercept course. The black sword collided with the arrow of light… and shattered in a flash of blue prana. It was to be expected, really. A projection so hasty wouldn’t be able to compete against such magnificent power.

Yet even so, the sword had served its purpose. The flaming arrow, shining like a rising sun, had been shifted off its course. It soared past the magic archer, several meters to his left. It was there and gone in an instant, but even so the intense heat burned at him. His face tightened and he ignored the pain of his skin burning.

This new archer was too good. Even though it was also dealing with multiple opponents who also presumably wanted the holy grail destroyed, Shirou couldn’t just release Caliburn and expect it to complete its flight. He needed to alter his tactics.

“My body is made out of swords,” he whispered.

Dozens of arrows appeared around him, half of them black and the other half white. Copies of Kanshou and Bakuya, the easiest and least costly weapons for him to project, modified into the form of arrows. Sweat dripped down Shirou’s forehead from the strain of so many projections while still maintaining the supercharged holy sword notched in his bow.

Danger

The arrows launched themselves at the petite girl in the center of all this chaos in a wide zig-zagging pattern. It seemed aimless at first, but Kanshou and Bakuya will always attract each other. As they neared, the arrows began to converge, drawing themselves in until every one of them was aimed at the girl.

“Caliburn.” With a whisper, the golden sword of assured victory was released at mach speeds, and fell upon the girl like the hand of God, delivering judgement to those who would do evil.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:06:17 AM by Kaze »
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Roxas

Roxas sighed, still a bit annoyed.  He couldn't belive he was lecturing an adult.  And that adult was talking back to him like a child.  He turned back to Micheal.

Michael

The immortal considers the situation for all of a moment before allowing a fond smile.

"Can't say I'd turn down the offer," Michael admits, "What about you, kid?"

"Though," Michael continues as he notices the hydromancer's current state, "He'll probably need a hand as it is."

Roxas stood dumbfounded as Micheal made the most tastless joke he had ever heard in his life. "I....Yeah."  He fumbled, trying to come up with a proper response.  He continued. "Yeah, food sounds nice."

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Mia

Mia looked down at herself, now perfectly clean, and then jumped at PARIAH and pulled him into a strong hug. “Aww, you’re so nice!” and then she giggled and back away with him, giving him a smile.

“I’ll play with you again another time, okay? I got to go now though, I need to find Papa.” Then she jogged over to the hole in the wall and began to climb over it.

“Bye bye!” And then she vanished, off into the city to find her ‘Papa’.

Crest

Crest paced though the room he was in. Metal boxes lined the walls, and benches filled the center. All this stuff, just there for the taking.

And so, before anyone else entered the room, he walked up to one of them. And then, with his hand simply turning black, he rejected the lock and began to look though the locker. Flinging off his bag and placing it just inside, making it seem like it was his stuff.

Rebeca

I was a stocking thing to realize, it really was. It was some thought that all three of them had, although it was more distant in her mind for Caedia.

All three of them were kelptos. She wished she was joking to.

All three of them, every single one, on some level really wanted to steal.

And so internally she was panicking as she put on a nice smile and followed Caedia to the lockers. 

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Butler

Butler took Suiren's words to heart, in mind with the serious tone in which she spoke. It was the correct decision, for he had at once been forced to back away in the face of the crossfire. He had not since meeting her, seen her fists fly with this intensity - he doubted his senses as every single strike was stopped before they reached the man, their force absorbed over some territorial boundary around him or diverted entirely.

The skeletal man looked on with the sharpest attention. He had seen a doll of divine stone who commanded the earth itself fight a goddess of the night and and a warrior of living diamond, but the match his master engaged in as soon as she saw the white man bore even more destructive potential.

Butler had no true sensibility for magic, but he was knowledgeable and perceptive enough that he could tell a great power from a lesser one and distinguish mysteries from one another. From the perch he had warped to outside, seeing the bright lights, hearing the loud sounds and feeling the impact of the attacks, he suspected that he witnessed a clash of equally mighty forces, though he could not discern their nature.

In the moment of the final blow however, when the pressure surpassed everything else, the light enveloped all, and Suiren's roar overwhelmed his hearing, the sudden feeling of vertigo that seemed to come with the sensation of the air and the ground shaking to their core corrected his misconception; he had seen the clash of two supreme powers, if there was such a thing.

And in that clash, Suiren lost. Butler's hand was clenched tightly around his cane the instant he saw his lady land on the crater, bleeding from what was left of her arm. Mental discipline was the only thing that held him in place as the tension of the fight faded, and the man in white stood over Suiren.

At his words when he turned to leave, there was no delay before Butler disappeared, stepping through space to reappear by his lady's side. He crouched down and gently picked her up, scooping her exhausted and battered form in his arms. The servant pivoted where he stood, to leave the opposite direction and ensure Suiren received the proper medical aid, but was stopped by the white man's voice calling out to him once more.

"I will make sure to tell her," he said, offering only a light bow of the head. "Thank you for the care you have shown my master. I am certain she will return it in the future."

Then he walked away, his frame much harsher than it had been mere minutes ago. At the third step, he vanished once more, passing through the door.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:19:55 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Natara

The Caretaker yelped in pain as the ground below her burned and bubbled and quickly fell back just to barely avoid the pillar of fire that burst from the ground, but that was the least of her concerns. The legendary weapon moving through the air at impossible speeds wasn't even noticed by her.

Both of the fragments may have finally noticed them but it was too late. Their attention had been diverted by the minions attacking and at this point neither of them could ready a defense to stop that projectile. It was too fast and too strong to be stopped by the likes of them at this point. Futilely they let loose arrows of fire and concentrated blasts of mana to pick off the smaller arrows but that last gesture of defiance availed them nothing.

The holy sword collided with the ground and exploded. It was like the wrath of god himself. The destruction didn't offer Natara the time to even think about what she was going to do. It mercifully ended her before she could contemplate how she was afraid of dying. She was dead before the terror of the fact that the prisoner would be free came to her. It was a kind end.

Those left would not receive something as kind. Both the archer and necromancer were dragged into a new pool of Taint near the Chalice which was knocked over near some of the rubble made in the explosion. It was cracked and warped in countless places and the shadowy liquid was pouring out; unrestrained by the binding words of its former Caretaker. The unrivaled magic binding it fell apart as the object it was bounded to had failed, and the corruption freely transformed the soil and infected the air itself. It was malevolence incarnate.

But finally consciousness stirred. The fragments were subsumed by the waking sleeper. The conditions were so utterly perfect. Its prison sundered and the Caretaker slain. There was blood on the earth and death in the air. The Taint remained relatively placid but continued to grow in size rapidly. The liquid was an opening after all, and the crack in the door just needed to be opened a little more.

Urthemiel

The blistering heat and gout of fire woke Urthemiel but she only opened her eyes a few seconds later to view the sight of a second sun fading. It was definitely familiar. The same sight had happened once before not too long ago. She sat up and glanced at her apprentice. "If you do plan on going there do note that the same phenomena managed to blast an enormous skeletal dragon to nothingness. I won't help you if you go over there."

Her tone was rather cool and relaxed all things considered. It didn't matter how strong whatever is causing those things is if she never got anywhere near it. There was nothing to fear for now.

theunknownhero

• Amnesic Wanderer
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
Shirou (HF)

As Rider and Shirou begin our conversation, they are greeted by Sakura's other Servant, Faust. Shirou thought to himself how much he disliked and distrusted her Servant, but because he didn't know much about the mysterious Servant and he had earned Sakura's trust he was willing to give the Servant a chance, though it was clear from the way that he and Rider interacted that they disliked and distrusted each other. It's then that Rider goes on to tell Shirou about the changes that have happen to the Matou Manner in her eyes, letting him know how that the basement is now Faust's workshop. The boy then thinks to himself the horrors his beloved had to endure in this household and recalls the same feeling of disgust he felt when first found out, but he puts those feelings aside to continue to engage with the two.

"Ah, thanks for the information Rider. I guess I'm just trying to get used to my new surroundings."

The boy then turns to Faust, still not fully trusting him but, he is curious as to how he's helped her during the years he was away.

"So, how did you and Sakura meet? And what have you been during for the time you've known her?"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:07:06 AM by theunknownhero »
Even I have something I must protect.

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
Forest

"Makes for a funny story," Lancer grinned before gesturing for her to go out first, "Looking forward to it. Lead the way."

Forest grinned and said, "As for Funny Stories I can tell a few . . .   But I have a reputation to uphold!  I can't get lazy and go beating up the forces of evil in my PJs."   However she led him down into the lowest level of the compound.  There was a distinct lack of windows and the walls seemed to be thicker here.  A low hum of magic seemed to vibrate around the walls, signaling that the wards were at their strongest here.

She gestured to her office, complete with its Army of Darkness poster framed on the wall.  "That's my office, I have an entertainment room across from it, a sort of sanctuary for myself when people get too annoying or loud, and my bedroom with a full bath."

She opened the door to the bedroom, expecting a crack about how purple everything was, save for the painting of a murder of crows milling about on the Moors on the wall above her bed.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Cu Chulainn

Forest

"Makes for a funny story," Lancer grinned before gesturing for her to go out first, "Looking forward to it. Lead the way."

Forest grinned and said, "As for Funny Stories I can tell a few . . .   But I have a reputation to uphold!  I can't get lazy and go beating up the forces of evil in my PJs."   However she led him down into the lowest level of the compound.  There was a distinct lack of windows and the walls seemed to be thicker here.  A low hum of magic seemed to vibrate around the walls, signaling that the wards were at their strongest here.

She gestured to her office, complete with its Army of Darkness poster framed on the wall.  "That's my office, I have an entertainment room across from it, a sort of sanctuary for myself when people get too annoying or loud, and my bedroom with a full bath."

She opened the door to the bedroom, expecting a crack about how purple everything was, save for the painting of a murder of crows milling about on the Moors on the wall above her bed.

"No. Of course not, lass. It isn't like as if they wouldn't mind getting themselves into a pillow fight with you."

He followed after her, steps creaking down the stairs. The place felt "sturdier" with more reinforced walls. There was power subtly laced in the area, a protective layer of it. It was definitely a handiwork of some magus and they felt rather "snug" with the security it provided.

"Not a bad place--," he commented just as she was opening the door. But, he fell silent at the stark violet in the four walls. An insignia of a crow was apparent. The sign of that "Goddess", even now she never seemed to give him any rest. He frowned at this development.

"I'll just wait here when you get dressed," Cu said as he leaned at a nearby wall just outside of the entrance of her bedroom.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.