Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 13766 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Tar

Henry heaved a sigh as he spoke, "I filled the paperwork I was told to get this going, and it took me a while. Dunno about your office not being in the know." One could find scratchy annoyance in his tone, even if it was quite light.

The detective found it in his heart to ignore the smartass quip, because again, he somewhat understood the woman's irritation. The procedure with the strange looking liquid that momentarily revealed her face on the other hand, made the demon wonder, but he did not question it.

"Alright then," he said, shining his flashlight the way she pointed, and turning his feet in the thick waste of the sewers in that direction. He offered Saber a non-commital shrug at the denomination the woman had given her, not expecting her to take it well, and then began to follow.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

Almost the instant she took hold of the rod, Sakura was pulled off her feet by a powerful tug. Realising she could not hold on, she let go of the rod, but it was too late, she was already being propelled into the water at great speed, hitting it with a splash.

Sakura began to swim towards the shore, but before she could do so, she suddenly found herself suspended in mid-air, floating gently towards the ground, still thoroughly soaked.

Oh no, my phone!

Sakura took the device from her pocket, finding that, to her relief, it was still operational. However, that did not change her annoyance at what had happened.

As Sakura landed gracefully on the grass, still holding her phone in her hand, she glared at Togan. Whilst it theoretically could just be an accident, fishing ponds did not generally have whale-sized creatures swimming in them. Plus, Togan had created the whole scene in the first place, so he clearly chose to create such creatures. Add to that the fact that she had been pulled under almost the instant she grabbed hold of the fishing rod, and all the evidence pointed to it not being an accidental occurrence, but rather something Togan had intentionally caused, presumably using the same magical powers that allowed him to teleport her out of the water afterwards.

Sakura stood up and marched angrily towards Togan. Based on his previous record, it was probably not done out of malice, but right now Sakura did not care. In the last few hours, she had gone from being in the middle of a very enjoyable sex session with her husband to being lost in a completely different world, with no idea where either he or Rider were. She was not in the mood for dumb practical jokes, especially not when they left her only clothes soaking wet and could easily have damaged her phone or any one of a number of other things she was carrying on her.

“What the hell did you do that for?” she said, angrily. “My only set of clothes is now soaking wet, and you could easily have ruined my phone, which I need to be able to call my husband. Now I'm probably going to have to find where the hell Irisviel sleeps and wake her up from her nap so I can ask her to borrow some dry clothes. And, also, to ask her where her kitchen is so I can go and cook myself some food, instead of messing around with stupid fake-fishing expeditions and lists containing every cake imaginable”.

Sakura turned and headed for the door, no longer interested in dealing with the demon. She had told Togan before that she was willing to give him a chance, but as far as she was concerned he had just blown it. She was quite simply not in the mood to have some dumb demon play stupid practical jokes on her.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Doctor/Medaka Kurokami

It had been a long day for this doctor.  Many injured police infected with some sort of incurable black substance were admitted to the hospital.  According to some early reports, a police station was completely destroyed by a group of supernaturals.  No one really seems to know specifically what happened, as each person has their own version of the event.  What seems consistent is that many police were killed by some sort of evil black lava and there was a massive explosion that leveled the station.  This substance was like nothing he had ever seen.  The hospital called in some mages to investigate the substance but they were still on their way.  For now, he just had to ensure that all of the Emergency room patients would survive.

The Doctor rushed into a room, his body moving very quickly and precisely.  While gathering tools for operation, he briefly examined his new patient.  It looked like a girl in her late teens or early 20's, as she had a very developed figure.  Her hair was a florescent red and she had a very young face.  The nurses had taken off her clothes and dressed her in a white dress that they had lying around the hospital.

"How is she doing?"  He asked.

"She has several broken bones and other internal injures.  She had some burns on her skin but they healed with some minor treatment."  The nurse reported.

"Thats odd.  She is probably is a supernatural with some sort of healing factor.  That will make things much easier.  Now I need you to-"  He said before being interrupted.

The girl started moving and rose from her bed.  She rubbed her eyes, as if waking from a deep sleep.  Her hair changed from the florescent red to a blue color.

"How are you..." The doctor said, absolutely shocked that her patient had woken up.

The girl continued examining herself.  She moved her limbs around, checking to see if they still worked.  Than she got up off of the bed and looked around.  "Where is Lorenzo?"  She asked.

There was no way this girl was healed so quickly.  Ignoring the girls question, the doctor signaled for the nurse to call security.  "Look, before you go looking for your friend we need to make sure you are ok first."  He said, trying to get her to get back in bed.

"Oh don't worry, I already checked.  I have several broken bones and a few internal injures but don't worry im fine.  I just need to find Lorenzo.  Every time I leave that man alone he seems to get himself into trouble." She said with a smile.

The doctor was shocked.  How can this girl move so freely with that kind of damage?  She must be extremely determined to find this Lorenzo person if she is hiding her pain like that. "Look, just sit back in bed.  We will call in the office and make sure that this Lorenzo person has checked in."  He assured her.  "Nurse?  Can you go take care of that while I tend to this patient?"  He asked politely.  The nurse simply nodded and left.

After the nurse left, the girl laid back down on the bed.  He treated her for about an hour and a half.  It was quite astounding. Every treatment given to her was a overwhelming success.  The purpose of the ER was to stabilize patients but it was like her body could function even if it was destroyed.  After a hour and a half of treatment, the nurse returned.

"Young lady, were you talking about Lorenzo?  The new officer?"  She asked.  Her face and body language was completely neutral, almost unnervingly so.  "Yes"  the young girl responded.

"He is dead."

The young girl chuckled nervously.  "Excuse me?"

"He was one of the bravest police officers they ever saw.  Mere seconds after getting his badge, he was ready to lay down his life for a organization and people he barely knew.  They also say he was a former criminal.  That is not the kind of kindness you see these days, even among rare cases.

Medaka's mind was blurry.  The last thing she remembered was charging a woman in order to end a conflict at the station.  "There was no way he could have died from that...  Wait.  How did they say he died?"  She asked.

The nurse looked at her, searching for the right thing to say.  "They say he died from a massive explosion.  There is no easy way for me to say this but there was no body found, he was completely obliterated."  The nurse said, looking directly into Medaka's eye.

As Medaka made eye contact, she realized that she was being completely sincere.  This nurse truly believed that Lorenzo was dead.  Medaka got up off the bed and stormed out of the room.  She needed to find a someone else in charge.  This couldn't possibly be true.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:35:56 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

Almost the instant she took hold of the rod, Sakura was pulled off her feet by a powerful tug. Realising she could not hold on, she let go of the rod, but it was too late, she was already being propelled into the water at great speed, hitting it with a splash.

Sakura began to swim towards the shore, but before she could do so, she suddenly found herself suspended in mid-air, floating gently towards the ground, still thoroughly soaked.

Oh no, my phone!

Sakura took the device from her pocket, finding that, to her relief, it was still operational. However, that did not change her annoyance at what had happened.

As Sakura landed gracefully on the grass, still holding her phone in her hand, she glared at Togan. Whilst it theoretically could just be an accident, fishing ponds did not generally have whale-sized creatures swimming in them. Plus, Togan had created the whole scene in the first place, so he clearly chose to create such creatures. Add to that the fact that she had been pulled under almost the instant she grabbed hold of the fishing rod, and all the evidence pointed to it not being an accidental occurrence, but rather something Togan had intentionally caused, presumably using the same magical powers that allowed him to teleport her out of the water afterwards.

Sakura stood up and marched angrily towards Togan. Based on his previous record, it was probably not done out of malice, but right now Sakura did not care. In the last few hours, she had gone from being in the middle of a very enjoyable sex session with her husband to being lost in a completely different world, with no idea where either he or Rider were. She was not in the mood for dumb practical jokes, especially not when they left her only clothes soaking wet and could easily have damaged her phone or any one of a number of other things she was carrying on her.

“What the hell did you do that for?” she said, angrily. “My only set of clothes is now soaking wet-

"Eh? What are you talking about?" The demon interrupted her with a puzzled look. As soon as he asked that question, Sakura was completely dried up and wore a new set of tidy dry clothes. Her hair was a now a seductive french braid. A seductive 30 feet long french braid!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:50:18 PM by francobull3 »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Kern Metera

Kern looked at the new arrivals again, not even bothering to listen to the white haired man’s nonsense, and focused on what the pointy eared not-human said. He friend SENCED something happened here. Which also meant his friend was not human. He stole a quick glance at the others and saw some of them tensed up even more.

This was getting progressively worse, he really hoped these people would leave before Christina would get back; the last thing he wanted was to have to fight.

Especially since he was saving most of his energy for tonight.

“Look, it’s not safe, that’s all that matters. And you’re not getting though if you want to get closer. I apologize but that’s how it is.” He told them with a calm tone, while internally praying they would just leave as soon as possible.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Kern Metera

Kern looked at the new arrivals again, not even bothering to listen to the white haired man’s nonsense, and focused on what the pointy eared not-human said. His friend SENSED something happened here. Which also meant his friend was not human. He stole a quick glance at the others and saw some of them tensed up even more.

This was getting progressively worse, he really hoped these people would leave before Christina would get back; the last thing he wanted was to have to fight.

Especially since he was saving most of his energy for tonight.

“Look, it’s not safe, that’s all that matters. And you’re not getting through if you want to get closer. I apologize but that’s how it is.” He told them with a calm tone, while internally praying they would just leave as soon as possible.

Gintoki

"Huh, you and your fellas look disconcerted. Let me guess, it's your damn fault because you forgot to turn off something and that building went KABOOOM. I see, I guess I will stay here and not leave until tax revenue robbers investigate that mess." Gintoki said firmly, not backing away.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Not enough. Even if we can beat her, this is taking too long. No doubt she's been missed, and if one of her friends happens across this...

Adjutor continued forward, more ice spikes bursting from the ground underneath and behind the guard as she swung that spear at him. With a thought, a thick wall of ice went up in the path of the spear, followed by two more emerging between Adjutor and the guard, these two somewhat taller than the first wall. With that, the teen started to slip into his own shadow once more.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:48:44 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Christina Summeria

As the spear closed in on her target, more ice rose from the ground to impale her. She saw them coming and time slowed.

Her heart beat, her eyes widened, and face got a vicious look on it. And grip loosened slightly. The spear slid, until she was holding it by a metal part at the base of the spear… almost as if it was a hilt.

And then her hand began to bleed.

In the moment her spear expanded, it became nothing more than a whip as it wrapped around her with massive speed, destroying the ice as it got close, as it shined with white light.

However, while this happened the spear continued on this path, but one thing changed. The spear head changed its angle, and no longer was it trying to cut the foe, but impale him. As the ice rose it passed through it, ripping though and destroying the ice, the metal glowing with white light.

And then it hunted down its target, and buried itself in his arm.

And then the arm began to burn.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:01:59 PM by Knick »

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
EMIYA SHIROU

The two demonspawn born from the unholy grail cut loose with flaming arrows and mana blasts, bringing down the many copies of Kanshou and Bakuya, but Caliburn flew to its target unopposed. The overloaded holy sword dug into the ground right in front of the waiflike girl’s feet, swelled with magical energy, and then detonated in a cataclysmic explosion. A flare of blue light swallowed all that was present.

When the light faded, there was nothing left. The girl holding the grail and her guardians had been obliterated. The cursed, muddy substance spilling forth was gone without a trace. Any nearby building had been obliterated, wiped from existence down to the foundations.

Shirou didn’t immediately see any of the other people who had been fighting when he attacked. He felt a twinge of regret that he had caused such collateral damage, but he was mostly just relieved that this new grail had been destroyed before it could unleash hell upon this world.

The archer let out a long, tired sigh. It had been barely a minute, but he had exhausted nearly all of his mana reserves. He had to get to safety soon, before the full effects of mana deprivation made themselves known. He surveyed the crater where the police precinct used to stand one more time, to ensure that the threat was truly gone.

Except it wasn’t.

The girl was gone, but her chalice, although damaged, still existed. Black corruption poured forth from it endlessly, pooling around the rubble and growing larger by the moment.

Shirou stared at the spectacle in numb horror as his teeth ground together. He took a step forward, automatically moving to finish the job, and was hit by a wave of dizziness so sudden and powerful he lost his balance, very nearly falling over the edge of his skyscraper. He flailed wildly for a moment, before tipping backwards and landing flat on his ass. He lay there for a moment, his mind screaming that he had to get up and move, but his body failed to obey.

Danger

It was hot. His body, his mind was drowning in thick, muggy heat. His head throbbed and his stomach twisted into knots. He desperately tried to push himself to a sitting position, but all strength had left his muscles.

Danger

His body was failing him. He had pushed himself too hard, too fast. Now he was paying the price of magecraft beyond his talents.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Cu Chulainn
Forest

Forest nodded and replied, "Well, in my experience when I'm about to go against someone who can curb stomp me I find its best to bring back up.  And what backup is better than a Celtic Epic Hero, right?  Plus, if Shirou tries to shoot me in the bloody back you can run his face into your fist."

"Oh, I can do a lot better than that, lass."

He smirked, as if puffing a bit in pride. This was a job that the demi-god could work with. Nothing better than a few thrusts with the spear could do. Finally, some good use of his abilities. Cu eagerly nodded and gestured her to continue onwards to their destination, where ever it be.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Shall we go?"

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ghost Child

The curious face of the child remained hidden under the brick and mortar of the floor as he waited for Kenzo to leave. Minutes passed as the man looked for the child but the spirit never popped up. Instead the other phantom walked into view before shifting into the broken toy. His tongue was still ripped out and and phantasmal blood dripped on the floor.

The mouth moved and Ghost Child's voice was what exited it. "Are you mad that I broke the toy, mister?"

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
Saber

Saber frowned at Mata Boyd drinking some strange liquid before putting her mask back on.  The hairs on the back of her arms and neck started to tingle; there was something that Saber didn't trust about the woman.  Then to make matters worse she began to instruct them onto where to take their investigation.

Then Henry started to follow her and Saber called out, "Has she given us any reason to follow her?  Has she seen anything suspicious in that direction?  Henry, I believe she is wanting to hide something from us."

She started to take a deep breath, and realized that would be unwise in her current environment.  Instead she gripped the handle of her sword even tighter as she let it the familiar feel of steel steady her.  She shook her head and said, "No.  I believe we need to go into the opposite direction, do you not agree with me Lancelot?"

Abigail

Abigail frowned at Law and said, "Look, I really don't want to admit this, but I think Archer has the right idea.  Maybe we should get the heck out of here?"

Forest

Forest smiled at Lancer's eagerness to go and the smirk and the slight lifting of his bearing.  She knew she had to feel out of place; an ancient Celt in this miserable, modern world.  Giving him something he could do, to use his skills for was the least she could do for him.

She pulled out her phone and looked up Abigail Summers and was pleased to find her in the phone book.  Like most Fae, she really didn't think about keeping herself anonymous.  Soon Forest had an address and a phone number.  Grinning the blond shook her phone and said, "And now I know where she lives so we're golden." 

Then she lead him to one of her pride and joys, her collection of pony cars, specifically the '67 Camaro, Aka the Forest mobile.  She opened the passenger door and said, "Hop in."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou and Rider

Shirou looked at Sakura with confusion as she responded to his question about Rin's presence by asking about his own.

Eh, what? We came here together, how can she not know why I am here?

Before the thoroughly-confused Shirou could ask Sakura for an explanation, however, Rider spoke up, explaining that this Sakura was not, in fact, his wife, and was far younger than him, with her own Shirou.

Shirou looked up at Sakura again. With his eyes now somewhat acclimatised to the darkness, he was able to make out some features, and he did notice some slight differences, although it was difficult to tell in this light. Before he could get a better look, though, he felt the rather-familiar feeling of one of Sakura's shadow tentacles wrapping around his head, blindfolding him.

Eh? What is she doing?

Shirou was confused by her actions. What was it that she didn't want her to see. And, if she wasn't his Sakura, then where did she come from?

Shirou pondered it for a moment, before coming to a realisation.

Of course, they must be the versions of Sakura, Rin and Rider from this world. But, why the blindfold?

There was definitely something odd going on here. The only thing he could think of an an explanation was Rin's state of dress but, even supposing that this Sakura still felt insecure enough that she was worried him seeing Rin like that might cause him to go after her instead, she had her own Shirou and was clearly not interested in him in that manner, so why would she need to stop him seeing Rin in a towel?

Still, at very least, the fact that Rider was around and Sakura was in a relationship with Shirou suggested that Zouken was probably gone, which was good news. He just hoped that Rin had actually sent them to the right dimension and, also, the right time. Having to wait around for 20 years for Rider to appear would be extremely bad.

Whilst he was considering the situation, he heard Rin make a comment on the joys of alternate realities, whilst Sakura addressed him once more.

“That’s right, we’re not married yet! You haven’t even proposed to me!” She said. “Wait-- Do you have your own Sakura?”

Shirou nodded but, before he could give a more thorough response, Rin spoke again, whilst Rider looked at the scene with some amusement, taking subtle glances at Rin when she got the opportunity, careful not to let Sakura see what she was doing.

"I assume this is Faust's handiwork”, she said, before attempting to calm his automatic repair system enough to allow her to heal him.

Faust? Who is that? Shirou thought, wondering what the hell Rin was talking about.

As she was healing him, Shirou felt a new, extremely familiar magical signature appear at the top of the stairs.

"Sakura?" the newcomer said in a very familiar voice.

That must be her Shirou..., he thought.

And, sure enough, Shirou quickly noticed the newly-arrived magical signature approaching that of Sakura.

"Sakura, are you okay?" the other Shirou asked her, presumably hugging her as he did so.

Shirou knew that he needed to explain things. And, preferably, get Sakura to remove this blindfold. He probably could manage to cut it off, but that would likely upset her. It was far better to just ask. First, though, he needed to explain himself. And to apologise for the level of passion he had previously shown her.

Shirou looked at Sakura sheepishly, feeling somewhat guilty for kissing her without permission, and spoke.

“I apologise for my actions, Sakura. I do indeed have my own Sakura, we came to this world from our home dimension to find our Rider, and got separated in transit. I thought I might never see her again, which would make her sad, and when you appeared I mistook you for her, hence my passionate reaction”, he said.

“Anyway, it's nice to meet you. It is good to know that you are well, and that your family is here for you”, he continued, looking in her direction with a genuine smile on his face. “Could you please remove this blindfold, though? It is somewhat discomforting to not be able to see what is happening.”

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Cu Chulainn

Forest

Forest smiled at Lancer's eagerness to go and the smirk and the slight lifting of his bearing.  She knew she had to feel out of place; an ancient Celt in this miserable, modern world.  Giving him something he could do, to use his skills for was the least she could do for him.

She pulled out her phone and looked up Abigail Summers and was pleased to find her in the phone book.  Like most Fae, she really didn't think about keeping herself anonymous.  Soon Forest had an address and a phone number.  Grinning the blond shook her phone and said, "And now I know where she lives so we're golden." 

Then she lead him to one of her pride and joys, her collection of pony cars, specifically the '67 Camaro, Aka the Forest mobile.  She opened the passenger door and said, "Hop in."

Thankfully it did not take too long for Forest to grab onto a tangible lead. With the both in the garage, the view of the pony car caused him to whistle a little, impressed. While not really that familiar with the modern automobiles of today, other than what the Grail showed, some do have a rather cool design to it thanks to his stay in the Nexus. There is an appreciation from him of such vehicles.

"Nice."

He got in with his weight pressing into the leather seat before the seat belt clicked into place.

"Well then. Show me how this stallion rides, Lass."

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
Forest

"Well then. Show me how this stallion rides, Lass."

Of course he just had to say that, didn't he?

Forest smiled and said, "Of course then, now I'll ride it a little hard from time to time and . . . Well.  Yes, and bugger."

She laughed nervously before buckling her own seat belt and turning the key into the ignition, letting the car roar to life.