Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - October 21, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 17092 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

Shirou nodded, and the sword Jeanne had been holding until now disappeared from her hand, as did the other one. A large, crimson red blade with holes in the center replaced them, and Shirou adopted a stance after he reinforced himself.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Nanashi

As she tried to regain her balance on the taught tarp she landed on, and could only hear a light buzz she could assume was screaming. She looked for her target, to see them running and the man that was defending them screaming, or saying… something at her. Her eyes squinted and ears twitched slightly, before she sighed and was able to rise to her feet.

She looked at her hands for a second, and her flames focused, becoming claws. And then the jumped. Her new claws of flame sunk into the wall, and the ones on her feet shortly after. And then the ran up the wall, with her hands occasionally sinking into the stonework to keep her balance and pace.

She had to get closer to that thing. Not to mention higher. She couldn’t get a good shot from here.

Fiona

Fiona watched from the back of her friend, her hand absentmindedly stroking her fur. Her ears twitched and eyes scanned the city, her mind working to process the information, the wolf spirit giving her aid.
Then below her Oren shifted back to her human form, and made it so Fiona was riding on her back. Sadly this surprised her, so she leaned back with a yelp and fell off Oren’s back, landing on her butt.

Getting back up she rubber her rear while groaning slightly, she pouted and looked at Oren, “Please don’t do that again…” She mumbled in a resigned fashion, knowing that her words would mean nothing.

Waking up to the side of the building she looked down, scanning for the man Oren pointed out. She then found him, a bald one with pointed ears. Her eyes narrowed, but the confusion was obvious. “What is going on…” She mumbled to herself.

She held out her hand, and after a moment a red tinted crow landed on it. She looked into its eyes, and then it cawed and flew off, tracking the man from above. She looked back to Oren, “Let’s… just follow him for a bit more, the crow will keep track of him. Something about this makes me feel uneasy.”

It was like a horror movie or something, something hiding its form so easily, for all she knew "Brigida" could summon a demon from the pits of hell to swallow them whole. Or something.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:32:28 PM by Knick »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Nanashi

As she tried to regain her balance on the taught tarp she landed on, and could only hear a light buzz she could assume was screaming. She looked for her target, to see them running and the man that was defending them screaming, or saying… something at her. Her eyes squinted and ears twitched slightly, before she sighed and was able to rise to her feet. 

She looked at her hands for a second, and her flames focused, becoming claws. And then the jumped. Her new claws of flame sunk into the wall, and the ones on her feet shortly after. And then the ran up the wall, with her hands occasionally sinking into the stonework to keep her balance and pace. 

She had to get closer to that thing. Not to mention higher. She couldn’t get a good shot from here. 

Julius

What? Why she just flat out ignored him like that? Not even talking back to him? Was he... too quiet? She started climbing the wall using her flame sorcery. It was bad, very bad? What if the building caught on fire because of that?! Even a single spark or flame could affect something flammable and turn this dwelling into blazing inferno!

"HALT, CRIMINAL, BEFORE YOU SET THIS BUILDING AND COMMONERS INSIDE ON FIRE! DON'T MAKE YOUR SITUATION WORSE!" He yelled at the top of his lungs at the fox tailed menace. He jumped at the lamp post and tried to hop onto closest balcony, and from that balcony to the balcony higher, in order to catch up with her. He lamented that someone could mistake him for a burglar, but this important situation!

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Kuro

"That's not what I meant, of course I don't want you to spend more money than you have Mord! Really, but if you want to than that's your choice. I was just asking if we were leaving this place, ok" Kuro responded rapidly trying to clear up the misuderstanding.

Mordred

"If it's my choice, then it's no problem, then? I will be be right back, I just need to go to nearby internet cafe and take the loan through a website." The changeling said. Fortunately, this place still had a functioning internet network, though more modest scope then one from her own world that encompassed almost whole planet. So there were also online banking services. She took a modest loan of 200 dollars, enough to pay for their expenses.

It took her only few minutes and she returned back to the white haired girl. "We're all set, I took 100 dollar loan. I will pay with my card for whatever we need, don't worry. You can go find something you'd like, I will go look for a said" That said, she marched into the store, looking for suitable clothes for herself.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:04:59 AM by Kat »

Thedoctor

Jeanne

Jeanne wasn't that surprised when the sword that was given to her disappeared from her hands in the same way it had appeared. The fact that he could make them appear in that way most likely meant he could make them dissappear in the same way. Shirou was now wielding a large crimson red blade, the most unusual feature of it though was that it had holes in the center. He then took a stance seemingly waiting for her.

In response to him, the blonde woman pulled her sword out of it's scabbard, she swung it in the air a few times before pointing it downwards, towards the ground. One of her feet was positioned in front the other, it was almost like her guard was completely down and she was inviting him to strike her.

"Come at me whenever you feel like it Shirou." She told him with an almost bored toned, matching the seemingly open stance she had.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou Emiya

Shirou waited for a while, standing still, ready for Jeanne's assault, but seemingly unwilling to attack for some reason.

"Is it fine if I don't hold back, Ruler?" He asked to confirm.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

GAROU XIII

Garou's eyes shot wide open in a white hot glare. "How the hell do you know that? Are you a wizard or something"

Honestly, that guy was starting to piss him off. He didn't like it, he didn't feel safe. It was as if he was hiding something suspicious...

Petra

Whoa, how did he know? Even she didn't figure out he was infected with something. All she managed to glimpse about Garou was all that she needed to save his life. Her miracles had to be specific in scope in order to reach miraculous results. Maybe this chef was some magus. Given Garou's reaction he wasn't simply bluffing.

"I can tell everything about someone's body by seeing their hands. I have been travelling around the world to study the art of making food that relieves people's health problems, in order to make them feel better. I studied Chinese medicinal arts, I've studied under Amazonian medicine, I've researched African herbs. And I have incorporated all of these into my country's cuisine, into traditional Italian cooking. The people of the southern Italy, the people of the coast, have been known for living long lifes with virtually no illnesses. That is due to the fact that they eat healthy Italian food. I will prepare a meal for you that will make you feel much better." Then, the chef realized that his explanation took too long time. "Oh, I'm sorry. Instead of explaining, I should be cooking. And what about you, signora?" He turned to Petra while pouring mineral water into glasses.

"Me? Oh, well, I'm not that hungry. So coffee's fine, one cappuccino." Petra ordered coffee.

"Io capito. I understand." The chef replied and headed to the kitchen.

Now that the chef was gone, Petra turned to Garou. "Hey, Garou... You know, they use all kinds of weird herbs and stuff in healthy food, just because it's good for you. It's usually disgusting. If you think that the food's even a little bad, you shouldn't continue, I'll pay and you should just get out of here, alright?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Theodore

The demon observed the girl calmly. Clever, quite clever. While it did not make her less dumb, he did appreciate someone who was quick on their feet. However...

"Wait. You forgot this." He called out. Then, he walked up to the girl and handed her a phone.

"I kinda like you. Sorry about that, I was just curious to see how you'd react. Take this, I already added you on my contacts. You can use it to call me if you are in a pinch." He said in a nonchalant monotone. "What's your name again?"

Rikuyo

"No, thanks, I don't even have a clue how to use magic, so it will be useless. And oh, I'm Rikuyo, thanks for the ramen." She was really in good mood after eating so well. While odd and annoying, that man was so much better to deal with than the painted woman and that fox whom surely some human brainwashed and filled head with delusions. When she got enough strong she would clash with her.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:19:06 AM by Kat »

Thedoctor

Kuro

Mordred eventually returned after a few minutes of boring wait. She told her tht she had taken a 200 dollar and that she could pick what she wanted. The white haired girl then followed Mordred to the store. "Thanks, I'll be taking a look over here then." She told the blond as she walked over to the part of the store that had clothes for children.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Theodore

If his eyebrows were visible, one could tell that Theodore was frowning. Well, if such an expression could be considered as such. It didn’t really look like an expression of annoyance, hurt or irritation. More like the expression one could make when he realizes he had not fed his Tamagotchi for a month, or the expression one could make when he lets out a soft poo in the middle of a funeral.

But it’s not like it was visible, so half of this post is completely useless.

“I am Theodore, but please call me Teddy-chan. And uh, just keep it. I have too many, I don’t care what you do with it, it’s yours. Think of it as a friendship token if it makes you feel special.  If you want, you can use it as a weapon and stick it in someone’s eye.”

He gently lifted his sleeping mask, revealing an eye that was somehow even more lifeless than those crudely painted eyes he was wearing. Suddenly, he took his own phone and jammed it in, releasing a splurt of gooey white jelly.

“Like this.” He added nonchalantly, as if he didn’t jam a phone in his eyesocket in the first place.

GAROU XIII

Garou frowned. He didn't trust that chef one bit, for all he knew he served dead people or some messed up crap. Not that he cared as long as it tasted good, but he had the feeling he'd be the one being served. He didn't know why, but that chef just smelled like trouble...

A crystal clear glass of mineral water rested in front of him, reminding him that despite his earlier drink, he was still parched. He carefully picked up the glass, as if it was an explosive that had to be handled with extreme care and brought it to his nose. He sniffed at the clear, fresh water to make sure it was not poisoned. It wasn't.

Finally, he brought the glass to his pale lips and took a hesitant sip. His crimson eyes shot wide open beneath his sunglasses, as if someone just shoved an ice pop in his ass. An overwhelming feeling of freshness overcame him as he kept drinking. It looked like water, smelled like water, tasted like water, but...

"Pwaaah...AMAZING!!" He gasped, grinning massively. He  exhaled deeply and took yet another sip of the water, this time much longer.

"Holy shit, you have to try this. It's like, I dunno how to explain it. It's not regular tap water, this shit great! It's like it was holy mineral water from the ice of a sacred mountain!! I've never had water this good!!!" He cried out in joy.

He slammed the glass down and looked away for a moment, but he couldn't hide it much longer. Tears started rolling down his face, tears of bliss!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:25:31 PM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Kuro 

Mordred eventually returned after a few minutes of boring wait. She told her tht she had taken a 200 dollar and that she could pick what she wanted. The white haired girl then followed Mordred to the store. "Thanks, I'll be taking a look over here then." She told the blond as she walked over to the part of the store that had clothes for children.

Mordred

The white haired girl darted off to the section with clothes for the children. "I guess I should do shopping too." The changeling muttered as she walked into the section with suits. She was glad that she was tall for a woman, after all she could pick a suit which average men could wear. Mordred couldn't afford as fancy suit as the one which Bellitanus gifted her that time, but 'plain' black suit, with white shirt and red tie would look good on her, she bet. Maybe she should also wear her hair more loose for the interview. She would look less youthful without her trademark ponytail after all.
And of course she picked up shoes appropriate for her new style.

Everything she picked up was the cheapest stuff she could reasonably get without it looking too shabby. Hopefully Kuro would pick something reasonable as well or she would be forced to take another loan. She also changed into the suit in a dressing cabin, carrying around her other clothes. Mordred doubted she would have another occassion to change for the interview.

And now she waited for Kuro to emerge out of the section with clothes for children.

Thedoctor

Jeanne

"Of course! I want to see what you can do Shirou~" She answered him back, much more cheerfully this time. The still maintained her postion with the sword angled downwards though, waiting for him.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou Emiya

Shirou nodded. "Ok, ok, mhm, let's do this." He stretched his arms, and then, without warning, effortlessly swung the massive sword at Jeanne with one arm, aiming for her sword arm.

Thedoctor

Jin

"Mhm, It tastes strange, but not bad, not bad at all." He told Oka as he took swallowed a piece of pizza she had offered him.

Archer

"German, I see Faust had some influence on you Sakura." He said with a wry smile. The fact she was glad he was here made him a bit happy, Sakura hadn't tried to force anything on him either, Well she was always considerate of others.

"Yeah, I'm not going anywhere unless you don't want me here." He really meant what he said, so heavily relying on others didn't really sit well with him. He then had a look on his face as if he had just remembered something. "There are a whole lot of chocolate soufflés in the kitchen, I even tried out a new recipe while making them."

Jeanne

Shirou came at her and effortlessly swung the massive sword right at her sword arm, she nimbly dodged it to the right, or so she thought. Somehow, impossibly,  the sword was still heading towards her and it hit her.

The something even more impossible happened.

She dodged it.

What happened would have been hard to describe to mere mortal men. Jeanne wasn't one of those though, she was a Heroic Spirit. It was as if time had stopped in the instant where she had dodged. Or perhaps fate itself had been overturned.

"A great attack Shirou, that was pretty good." She told him after the moment had passed. She was giving him an even bigger smile than before if that was even possible.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

Shirou shook his head in utter disbelief. He couldn't believe what he'd just seen.

But he was smiling. He was so happy, so happy to finally have someone he could spar like this with, who understood swordsmanship, someone like Saber.

I miss her. Shirou briefly thought back to the first days of the war. How she'd fought berserker, and almost died. Then he returned to the present.

"Haha..." He laughed, dismissing his sword. He stood still, making absolutely certain to do this sword as perfectly as possible. He created a beautiful longsword, with a blue hilt and cross-guard.

He paused, waiting for her attack.