Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - October 21, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 17029 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka's calm exterior faded.  Her more polite and neutral face was replaced with a mischievous, devilish grin.  As Shinobu's eyes made contact with hers, she did not inch. instead, they widened a bit and transfered her raw competitive energy through the light that passed between them. "What do you have in mind?" She said in calm voice.

Thedoctor

Jin

"I'm sorry but I never thought I'd be meeting someone who had trained on a mountain, it's like right out of a story." He calmed down and finally stopped laughing. So she wanted some alone time? I guess I teased her too much. "Do you have a phone or something or something on you?"

Shinobu

The competive energy given off by the girl was almost tangible, although it didn't faze her, as she had stared down worse things. Instead, her golden eyes brightened at the girl's enthusiasm, and she felt a tinge of excitement from it, maybe she would alleviate her boredom. She started slowly walking towards Medaka, maintaining eye contact all the way, until she was right in front of her, where she proceded to grab Medaka's face with both of her hands.

"From watching you, I get the feeling you wish to fight me, you want to overcome me as well. You are similar to that girl. No, there is a difference, you do not do it out of a desire to destroy."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:32:05 PM by Thedoctor »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Dispite her callous attitude, Shinobu surpassed Medaka's impulsive nonverbal challenge with a calculated verbal and non verbal one.  Even while Medaka was pretty close, she stepped even closer, grabbing her face.  The blue haired girl maintained her glare.  Around them, the people in the cafe started to stare.

"Your right.  I do not wish to destroy.  I am tired of destruction.  I only wish to rebuild my sense of self through a friendly bout.  Outside of that, I accept any challenge."  She said confidently.

Medaka freed herself from Shinobu and walked to the cafe door.  As she pushed the door open and without looking back she adressed the vampire once more.  "If you wish to fight, let us do it outside where no one will get hurt."  She said calmly.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:57:32 PM by yinsukin »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Dante

"Sure, why not? I can't say I'm quite so picky about what I get," Dante admitted, "Say, do you think you'll have enough time for a pizza? My treat."

...Considering all the weird stuff that's happened today, nothing's actually gone wrong...yet.

"Well, if your master won't mind too much, that is," the demon hunter mused.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Thedoctor

Jeanne

She helped him up and smiled at him as he bowed and apologized yet again. "Don't worry so much.....So do you want to continue the sparring?"

Shinobu

The blue haired girl freed herself from Shinobu's grasp and made her way to the entrence of the café, as she issued her challenge to the vampire. So she thinks she has failed and she wants to rebuild her image of herself through a bout. The blonde thought as she watched the girl make her way to the entrance. Fighting her may prove interesting enough, maybe she will even surprise me, but I should not get my hopes up too high.

"Naturally, causing damage to this place would be rather unneccassary." She said without hesitation as she followed the girl outside, once outside, she walked a distance away, before turing around to face Medaka. "Now, what should it be? A better question would be, do you even believe you can beat me?" She asked Medaka, with a voice most people would think was arrogant, a voice that only some would recognize as one of absolute belief in oneself.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lumen

She shrugged without too much concern. "I have no idea. Mistuba-san just told me to be on the look out for them and to advise them of the folly of their actions before they got someone killed."

Erica

The construct's hands were shaking the moment the word 'doll' escaped the other girl's mouth. That anyone would dare to say that word to her nearly overwhelmed her with conflicting emotions. She felt burning rage and radiant joy as titanic things because that was her purpose. Rage because she would never let some ignorant fool act as if all she had done and seen was worthless. Joy because this writhing emotion was proof that she was learning, and growing, and becoming more real.

But which one was correct? The simple response would just be to release her anger and immerse herself in her own joy but to just bury this new and raw emotion was abhorrent to her. It was a part of her as much as her joy or her apathy. To discard it was to destroy the very progress she had made, and that was an unacceptable option.

The Spirit Vessel stilled as her focus turned inwards. The world blurred into a familiar plane of greys and white as ancient symbols, runes, and equations floated lazily about. A monolithic wall of symbols formed in front of her and even as her emotions burned under her shell and threatened to burst she focused on finding an answer within herself.

And there it was. That string of flaring letters that told her how she felt. But they weren't separate. It was a long, continuous chain that was not broken apart at any point. There were no barriers. Perhaps humans were not the same but she did not have to be human to be real. She didn't have to choose; all that she needed to do was experience it all at once.

Blue eyes glowed for a moment and white text shimmered on her skin as her focus instantly returned to the physical world. An overwhelming giddiness bloomed in her chest and a genuine smile spread across her face as she laughed without a hint of her usual stoic nature. Yet, her anger was no less diminished by her joy. They were conjoined things that she would relish in together. Her feet rest against the ground as the Mantle shifted into Claws. One grasped the redhead tight enough to assure a myriad of bruises as the other writhed on the ground like a dying beast. It distorted and twisted as it crashed onto the ground, carved ditches into the floor, and sent looked almost pained by the toxic emotion coursing through its wielder.

Still beholden by joy and hate the laughter slowly died down but the happiness in her eyes was matched by the burning animosity of the claw that was slowly tightening. Her voice was a strange and unsettling mix of cheerfulness with undertones of pure loathing as she ordered, "Give me a reason to let you live or I will crush you into gore."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:39:18 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

While Emily was already resolved to leaving, the girl's display only solidified that urge. The familiar instinct to run rose up in full force within her, with the reminder of Gabriel's offer keeping her from popping a Contract to leave right then and there.

"Now," she whispered urgently, eyes wide as she took his hand, "Right now."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:33:50 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Annabeth

The Hunter watched the situation for a moment more before deciding to move back, just in time for Ron to launch a hard punch right at the man. The familiar buzz in anticipation of a fight flooded her veins, Annabeth's Nen briefly focusing on her gun hand as she quickly took aim and fired the invisible gun. The bullet homed in on the man's head as Annabeth leapt back, swiftly reloading Elephant gun as she landed with the man at the edge of her range with the revolver.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
EMIYA SHIROU

Shirou glared at Darcy, feeling cheated. After all that talk about not giving a “stupid” answer like shooting well, and this guy only had a few mundane skills to offer? Him laughing at his own lame joke only annoyed the freelance magus more.

“I avoid fights when I can. I just like to be prepared in case a fight comes to me,” Shirou grated out.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Nanashi

Nanashi saw the man get within her path, trying to stop her and yell something. She could only hear a faint buzzing though. So whatever he said complete escaped her. She could smell it; she could feel her spiritual energy lingering on the girl. She let her hand come to her face as she groaned in realization.

She got… a bit caught up in the moment. She looked down at the man that was screaming at her… she didn’t really think she wanted to hear what he had to say. But she thought she might as well tell him. Maybe that would get him of her back. Or something.

“I CAN’T HEAR A THING!” She yelled far too loud, her lack of hearing becoming apparent, at him, before she began to climb the building, straight up

Was he actually going to get in her way? Oh well. That really didn’t matter. She might as well just go around. She could just track that thing based on the smell and traces of energy on the girl. She would just go along the rooftops.

It would also lower the chances the gangs would notice or something. That was the last thing she needed.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

Shirou smiled and nodded. "Sure, where should we start? It's up to you, since you're the teacher."

Oka

Oka nodded. "Yeah, right here." She pulled out something that looked like a digivice. "What's your number, Jin?" She stood ready to input his number.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

The Fae's head tilted at the question before falling back down onto the ground. "I don't know anything about shoes but that doesn't sound like what she or he said she or he wanted to do with you. Can you see through your birds eyes well enough? If you can we can try an... alternate form of transportation. I hope you have a strong grip or that you don't mind tongue. It would make the trip very uncomfortable."

Oren surged back up onto her feet and flipped right next to the druid. "Of course, we can always just leave them alone. Assuming the best is such a heroic and hopeful thing to do. Then we can stumble upon whatever they've done to whoever else they asked and we'll have some impetus for you to grow as a hero! Can't make a legend without destroying a few lives."

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

Kenzo widened his eyes in surprise to the child's resolve, but then he smiled softly. She almost reminded him of her, with those fierce eyes of hers. He looked up absently for a second before directing his gaze to meet her own.

Which one would come on top? A human's sword that was meant to protect or a demon's sword meant to sever, the Oni couldn't help but feel thrilled.

"I wasn't planning on that, dear." He replied gently, and suddenly the air around them changed.

Kenzo's now grayish brown skin turned into a vibrant red while his muscles hardened and compacted into a bulbous pillar of strength. His features seemed to contort and shift into those of an animal, but his form seemed as human as it had always been.

Nails turned into claws, mouth into a monstruous maw filled with sharp canines like daggers while black horns slowly erupted from his forehead. His hair grew exponentially and turned into a scalding white hue, as if they had turned into a scorching blaze, a demon's infernal mane floating freely. Unchained and unbound.

He grabbed hold of his shirt and opened it, letting it lie down like a mantle to reveal a massive chest filed with scars. A crimson aura seemed to emanate from the red oni and his cursed sword. He took a simple swordfighting stance and stood his ground.

"This time I won't hold back. If you have any hidden tricks up your sleeve, any concealed abilities or secret techniques, I suggest you use them. I will let you draw the first strike."
Akatsuki

Akatsuki held the sword up in her makeshift kendo stance, but remained still. She was holding her stance and yet, knew nothing about how to wield a blade.

The only way she could really use it was as a way to gain a bit more reach on elementary strikes like slashes and jabs.

It felt unfair, very unfair, but... The least she could do way use the sword rather than her lightning fists. That was the only distinction she could allow herself to make to honor his wish that she use the blade on him.

"Sorry Kenzo, I really have no idea how to properly wield a blade," she said as a warning, for his sake.

While she was limiting herself in melee, well, for everything else there're cannons.

In an instant, altered her stance to better handle recoil, and the cannon on her shoulder fired at Kenzo.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

Kenzo smiled. Interesting, interesting. It seemed she could fire magic from her shoulders as well, just as he has assumed. A deadly bolt of steel and fire came at him. Bracing himself, he swung his blade at the projectile, splitting it in half cleanly and avoiding it's devastating path. That red demon seemed happier than he ever was before.

He slowly stepped forward, pointing his crimson blade to the ground. Once, twice, and-

There was no third step. In an instant, Sakagami Kenzo had completely closed in the distance. Her heart was in Benizakura's reach, and like a crimson thunder it flashed down to take her life.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:14:04 AM by francobull3 »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

Smiling gladly as his acceptance of her offer to look around, Rider set off to find a bike. As she did so, she considered his offer carefully.

Hmm, I don't think Sakura would mind, and I would like to get to know him a little better, she thought.

"Yes, I would like that", she replied with a smile. "I don't think my master would object at all to me enjoying myself, and if she does need me, she can contact me easily."

"But, first, let's go get some bikes", she said with genuine excitement. "I can't wait to ride mine."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:40:14 AM by Cherry Lover »