Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - October 21, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 16965 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Katase

Either this man was a gentleman behind the mask, which could well be true despite the kindred bloodthirst she could smell on him, or he was a dirty thieving ruffian who sought to use her. She had very little experience with the former in men who knew what she was, and quite a bit of the latter with the same. Still, she really did need to figure out where she was.

Her shell's blue eyes lifted in gratitude. "Thank you for your offer, Sakagami-san. I believe I will take you up on it," she said, bowing her head slightly in acknowledgement. Then her lips quirked into a smirk. "This Muramasa Katase does not mind sake."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

"Bwahahahahaha! Very well, let's do this!" He declared jovially with a huge grin, despite it being hidden behind his mask. He then proceeded to effortlessly pick the girl up with his big, strong muscles and let her rest on his shoulder. His hold was gentle, yet firm, as if he was holding on to a most precious and fragile work of art.

And then he walked forward with a pride-filled chest, unable to contain a gleeful smile as his blood boiled with excitedment. This was going to be great!

"How is the view, Muramasan? I wouldn't want her to dirty herself on filthy ground, the heavens are a more preferable spot." He noted.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:49:12 PM by francobull3 »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Lycodrake Aptera
Nexus Library #? of #?, with William (?), Ur (NPC) (?), and [Librarian] (NPC) (?)

Bellatanus had brought them to a library and Greyskull left soon after. Rather than feel deterred by not knowing the librarian or interacting with the others, the wingless one perused each bookcase carefully. He was saddened to see that there weren't any scrolls in the sections he desired information from, but the numerous maps kept his attention intense. But he was also terribly confused, because Nexus - as Bellatanus had warned him - brought in a multitude of worlds. At random.

What little overlapping constants appeared throughout each map were unhelpful at best and irritating more often than he could deal with. Maps were supposed to make sense and be helpful, even if deciphering or translating was required.

It didn't help that he had embarrassed himself in front of Bellatanus a handful of times, and she had disappeared in the aisles. William seemed to have found things that interested him, so that was at least good.

He wasn't sure what to do anymore. Maybe try and map out the current Nexus? Find a way to redeem himself in Bellatanus' eyes? Help William? Look for trouble and chaos and try and bring peace and order? Ugh.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:20:10 PM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

She should have been able to react to such a motion, but her current conversation partner was more than quick enough to match her. The cursed sword was not expecting it at all, and could not make her puppet react in time to avoid it. She would have objected, perhaps violently, but...

What incredible nonsense is this Sakagami Kenzo saying?! Katase reflected to herself in what was certainly not panic. Her understanding of proper human interaction did not account for brash behavior such as this. However, the giant's words were nothing but complimentary, and his grasp was exceedingly gentle on her shell's legs.

"H-Hmph. Very well then," she conceded after taking a moment to balance her shell atop the giant man's shoulders. "However, if dropped this Muramasa will unfortunately have to kill you."

Silly variations on her name meant nothing to her. Neither did this imperial treatment. The heat spreading across her shell's face was simply the result of a build-up of demonic energy from her agitation, nothing more.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liseth

Oh, was Rin starting to worry about her? That made her feel vaguely uncomfortable. "Nah, I'll be fine. It isn't that cold out and I've worn less in this kind of weather before. But finding a place to stay would be a good idea. I can afford anything in the city, but I have no idea where to start looking. I suppose you know a place?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

The oni chuckled at her remark, responding jovially but far too earnestly for his words to be a simple joke.

"No way! If I did something so terrble, I would never dare have my filthy blood sully Muramasa Katase. I would commit seppuku the spot!"

Count Greyskull

"Eeeeeeh!? There is no need to rush things, I am sure an opportunity will come eventually! Whatever ruffian begs for a butt kicking is out there, it won't be long until it reaches us! We have time to spare, there are more important things to take care of. As future ruler of these lands, it is my duty to be knowledgeable of the customs and culture of my subjects and their ways of life! With this knowledge we shall be able to paint a clearer picture of the world, and be better prepared to face adversity! Not only that, but the information shared by these movers shall surely aid us in our path of conquest! Besides, it's been a long time since I've gone out like this, I'd like to enjoy myself a little."

Greyskull pondered a while, but finally came to a conclusion. Indeed, this was the best approach to take...

"We shall start by attacking that one! NONE SHALL STOP MY PATH TO WORLD CONQUEST, I SHALL VIEW THESE MOVERS AND MAKE SURE THAT MY KINGDOM HAS THE GREATEST ENTERTAINMENT!!!" He announced, pointing to one of the many movie posters titled Pale Love Under Moonlight.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:53:52 PM by francobull3 »

Thedoctor

Kuro

Blondie was somehow keeping out of the way of her projectiles as they smashed into floor around her, blowing up large chunks of it. Someone would surely have to fix this later, not the white haired girl had any interest in that thought as she was entirely focused on the blonde woman. Then said blonde just had to go and make everything unbelieveably bright, so bright you couldn't even see. The light was annoying but not crippling, she already knew where the woman was.

Kuro immediately jumped backwards to create more distance between them, with her bow still in hand she aimed at the general location she remembered Mordred to be at. The skills granted to her would allow her arrows to strike true even if her vision was obstructed as long as she knew the location, just to make sure she fired a whole volley of them while still mid jump backwards.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

Filthy blood? Seppuku...? Did he mean to say he would kill himself and spare her the trouble if that mistake came to pass? Oh dear. Well, she would accept his assertion for what it appeared to be. In the meantime, she would indeed take advantage of her new vantage point and observe the streets from here.

After a moment of watching the Chinese wander about, shop, and move about in couples, she turned her shell's eyes down to the mop of red hair below her. Katase twisted her current face into a frown. "Is Sakagami-san always so helpful to lost young ladies he comes across?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

Kenzo felt something build up in his throat in response to her words. While he did not cease his pace, his breathing stopped for a moment. He could still feel her blood on his hands, recognize her taste in his mouth, see her fallen body on the ground.

It was beautiful.
It was wrong.

The demon shook his head and carried on, rejecting those thoughts and ignoring the aching in his heart. Now was not the time for this, he needed to be strong.

"Of course! But Muramasa Katase isn't just a young lady, she is much more than that! Whomever must have fathered such a beautiful one was surely blessed, for the only thing that can match her beauty is her name's. To think that such a thing exists in this world, to witness her with my own eyes makes my lack of skill all the more evident."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Seras

The vampire shrugged at the burnt man's response, leaning back a bit as she considered his question.

"I'm hardly a native of this place, but I've been here long enough to figure things out," Seras admitted, "Well, barring the new stuff that keeps showing up in this city."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

Now he was just trying to flatter her! It was working, yes, her shell's face was an unseemly red by now, but such a shameless approach... could she dare reward such a thing with acknowledgement? Should she, if so? How was it that humans responded to such a thing? Most importantly, how much of Katase did he know to be making these assertions about her?

Questions. Questions were safe. "Lack of skill in... what field, Sakagami-san?" she asked him, looking up and away so he could not see her shell's disgracefully colored face.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:07:07 PM by Aiden »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Irisviel von Einzbern

Irisviel shrugged at Sakura. "Iunno." She said. "I've never been there either, you know." She laughed. She turned and raised her eyebrow at Shinobu as she correctly guessed that she was a homunculus. "Well, yes, that's true, but what of it? You're not human yourself either, right?" She has some strange powers, being about to create objects like she just did. Irisviel observed, impressed by the display of power.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:32:46 AM by Sinib »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Julius

"Napoleon? The news spread quickly about a rising star among French commanders during my time. He seemed like the sort of person that would rise to greatness, but fall dramatically from heights he could achieve when fate finally stacked against him." Julius commented about the man that Sir Gadre brought up. Whether an enemy of his country or not, he deserved some modicum of respect.

"Gold is more reliable than paper currency, it has always worth while a piece of power can be trusted as far as government that it issued could be. I divided my gold between me and my host for the purpose of purchasing what we need. Hopefully this establishment accepts gold like every civilized place."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mitsuba

All alone, Mitsuba wandered the streets for a while. She had trouble shaking off anxiety about what could happen back there in the Asian District. For better or worse, it had been something she called home and she was reluctant to part with it unless she found much better place to live. Though she had no single regret about what she had done to the fake priest. She would protect her (relatively) quiet life at all cost. All that would ruin it with their foolish behavior only invited disaster on their heads. She had no higher ambition, but she would protect her small wish no less fierce than someone with a grand goal.

Someone had interrupted her inner thoughts. A teenage girl wearing something that looked like a Japanese school uniform. She had asked her politely about directions, shivering from the winter cold considering she was dressed like for the summer. Another lost person? It wasn't really Mitsuba's business to help her, but answering her wouldn't put her at any risk. She didn't look like a threat either.

"You're new to this town, aren't you? Oh dear, people just keep wandering into it. The east to here is the Asian District, but I'd not recommend you going there. It's not most peaceful place right now." Minors like her shouldn't have any business with a place like that where gangs row. Still better  than the Barrens which are half abandoned due to damn monster attacks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:57:08 PM by Kat »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

Rider smiled as Oka continued the explanation, obviously proud of her achievements. It seemed like she was something like a manager of a football team, in charge of the tactics, but not playing directly herself. And, from the sounds of it, she was pretty good at it, and quite possibly famous in her home universe.

"I see, so you're like the manager of a football team, in charge of the tactics rather than fighting yourself?" she asked, beginning to get the idea. "Were you famous in your world?"