Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - October 21, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 16956 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

Kenzo grinned victoriously, now fully embracing his teasingly cheeky mood and reveling in it. Gotcha! He thought before carrying on the terrible supplice!

“Bwahahahahaha! I am the tickle lord, answer my question!!! Who is the most prettiest sword in the woooorldddd!?” He asked aloud in a theatrical over the top fashion. He was definitely enjoying this…

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Rikuyo

"Oh, you had a teacher? A werewolf like ya?" Rikuyo forgot now about stuffing her face with more chicken, curious about who taught Ron-kun his basics. No matter who that person would be, she definitely wouldn't lose to her as a teacher. The red haired girl was confident that could teach Ron-kun even more. "Tell me, tell me."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

Cold, blue eyes looked down at the child. Her eyes stripped away the material world and left only the soul. It was human in nature although there was something odd about it. There was also the binding of the soul to the body. The script in her eyes spun slightly faster as she observed it. There was no trace of aura in him which meant that some other method had been used to bind the soul. The Prophets would have been fascinated by this. "You appear to be a construct similar in nature to myself. You are a human soul bound to an artificial body, correct?"

Alarice

The blonde raised a brow at the dragon that had just walked into the theater. She considered asking the Ahamkara but all that she felt was a feeling of utter disdain at the very thought of the question. Well, perhaps that was fair. She wouldn't enjoy it asking if some primitive half formed monkey was closely related to her.

Instead, she nodded her head at the wingless drake. "It was well earned. However, I must resolve this issue with Lord Greyskull first. If you would give us but a moment to finish?"

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
Coppelius
Coppelius felt a chill at the very base of his being as the strange being seemed to see directly through him.

His glass eyes locking on to her, he slowly nodded while approaching.
"Well" a voice produced by the finest craftsmanship venerated from his mouth
"It's  rather hard to overlook even with normal eyes, isn't it?"

As he had arrived directly below where she was floating, his curiosity winning out over his cautiousness, he beckoned her to come down.
"But if we are similar... then what are you?"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:55:06 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mordred

Her desperation quickly changed into surprise as her spikes didn't even reach her body. She didn't get scratched. Then why she was launched like a human torpedo even if she blocked her blow? Did she in the end overestimated her opponent? Seems like even if she was cornered, she managed to claw out a draw. Because the bleeding she was wobbly, and she had no intent to finish her off in spite of the kid taking the fight too seriously. Not that she had any strength left.

Fortunately she didn't feel that her Mask broke in the end. Maybe the child had seen a glimpse of her, but she wasn't completely armored anymore. Horns and wings remained though, the proof that her Mien evolved in the end.

Corbin started complaining about what happened, but honestly he was the least hurt of everyone. "You are not burned or stabbed. If you can stand, please at least get me first aid kit before I bleed out, and help the brat too. Damn her for taking it so seriously, but I think she got her desserts for that already..."

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Lycodrake Aptera
The blonde raised a brow at the dragon that had just walked into the theater. She considered asking the Ahamkara but all that she felt was a feeling of utter disdain at the very thought of the question. Well, perhaps that was fair. She wouldn't enjoy it asking if some primitive half formed monkey was closely related to her.

Instead, she nodded her head at the wingless drake. "It was well earned. However, I must resolve this issue with Lord Greyskull first. If you would give us but a moment to finish?"
Ah, he had interrupted something. "I apologize for interrupting, then. I assure you that no rudeness was intended." He nodded in curt deference.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

What was this buffoon asking her now?! She was so busy squirming against him and trying to bring herself under control despite his motions that she didn't even think to make him stop when she could make her shell his equal at least. Her giggling made it hard to even answer him. "W-W-Whahahaha!" was all she could get out, unable to so much as question him this way.

Well, no, she could; she just didn't want to badly enough.

Ron

"Actually, not quite," he confessed, between bites and swallowing of meat. It was easy to talk to her like this, with food to distract him from any awkwardness. "She's from.. I'm still not quite sure where, but where she's from everyone has the potential to do this sort of thing. So she just taught me to use it the way she does."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

Rider smiled sympathetically at the girl, recognising how she felt and glad that she could at least see the bright side of what was obviously a bad situation for her. Oka

"Hehe...", Oka finished, giggling. "You know, even though I'm trapped in a completely new world, I can't help but feel excited. Do you know what I mean?"

Rider smiled again. She could absolutely understand the feeling. After all, she had spent the last 30 years in a world very, very different from the one she had once inhabited. The advances people had made in science, literature, philosophy and, most of all, transportation were extraordinary. As an avid reader, she'd spent plenty of time reading about the interesting and wonderous new things that the world had to offer and, as a Rider-class servant, she'd taken as much advantage as possible of the opportunity to "ride" exciting and very fast types of vehicle.

"Yes, I do", she said, smiling kindly. "Learning about a world that is so different from your own is interesting. And, as you say, at least you have your Pokemon. I can tell that you really care for them. They are lucky to have such a kind and loving master."

With that last statement Rider went into a reflective mode.

I'm a Pokemon, she realised. Or, at least, I am my world's equivalent of one.

After all, just like the Pokemon, Rider had been used by Sakura to fight on her behalf. And, whilst the exact mechanism behind Pokeballs was not clear, they appeared to be some kind of magical contraption which bound the creatures to their master, just like Sakura's command spells and the contract they had formed bound Rider to her master.

Of course, the analogy wasn't perfect, Sakura couldn't simply go around trapping other Heroic Spirits, defeat for them meant death rather than a change of master. But, nevertheless, in so far as Oka was Sakura, Rider was one of her Pokemon.
Coming to this realisation, an amused smile came over Rider's face.

"You know, I guess that I'm kind-of like a Pokemon", she said, laughing slightly. "Well, my world's version of one, anyway. I was summoned to fight for my master, just like your Pokemon fight for you."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:45:11 PM by Cherry Lover »

Thedoctor

Jin Kisaragi 

His mighty blow encased the villain in a tomb of ice, finally ending the dreadful conflict. At last he could breathe out, evil had been vanquished and justice prevailed, if not for one thing. The hero walked closer to the fallen beast, coming to stop a few steps away he noticed something. He had participated in a war, he knew what a corpse looked like.

"So how long are you planning to play dead?"

Kuro

Ignoring Corbin's complaints about their fight, the girl got up on her wobbling legs, getting back up took a moment but she managed to stand without swaying. She walked over to Mordred with a steady pace belying her burns. A curved blade materialized in her hand just before she reached the blonde, she raised the arm that was holding it, pointed the blade at the woman.

"Do you yield?" Her was voice was steady as she spoke, it wasn't just a question, it was a promise of the worrisome fate that woud befall the blonde should she refuse.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mitsuba

"I'm sorry, I've never heard about Academy City either. It's called Nexus City." Academy City sounded like a weird name to give to a place, but honestly calling this place Nexus City wasn't any better.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

The girl descended onto the earth and and her feet settled on the cold ground with little difficult. Her form shimmered and came apart revealing cold, white energy. The blood fell off or vanished in the depths of what almost seemed like pale fire. Then her skin, and eyes, and clothes all reformed in a perfectly clean state.

Then she looked down at him, and it was not a warm look for that was not something she was capable of but it was not cold either. In fact, it was not even her standard neutral. Something almost kind flickered in her glowing blue eyes. She held out her hand and said, "I am Erica, the hand of the Prophets. What is your name, little construct? What purpose do you serve?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

The scientist walked down the street, pondering the nature of this city.

Two demons, one doll and a sea of colorful souls.  In addition, there seems to be a large amount of mages in this city, each that operate with their own set of rules.  That parrot seemed to be shaped by a culture very different from both this city and his own.....

After being lost in thought for a while, he found himself in the front door of his newly acquired store.  As he came to awareness, he noticed a man outside the store gazing at it as though it were a strange phenomena.  Ah a costumer!  Perhaps now I can test the monetary system of this city.

Relius gently opened the door to the store and walked back outside.  "What do you think of the design?  I made it myself."  Relius commented.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

"Not quite? What, is she one of those posers? Or maybe someone wolfblooded? Hmm, but it sounds like she could be someone else, right? Eh, every human has lifeforce, that's nothing unusual. It's just that people who can amount to anything are uncommon. Tell me, what she can do? What martial arts she practices?" Rikuyo kept chattering, bombarding Ron even with more questions. She just wanted to know what sort of person his teacher was. Gauge her with second hand knowledge.

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
Coppelius
Looking at the hand held out to him, the doll extended his own; sternly looking the strange yet somehow familiar construct in the eyes; eyes as artificial as his own, putting him at ease despite their apparent coldness.
"My name is Coppelius. My purpose... A purpose is something i don't have. That is why i am searching."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Julius

"Maybe this city needs a stronger government. A responsible ruler with responsible advisors and councillors could help bring peace to the land. Though I do not have much knowledge about who governs this city. Does this place have a mayor?" Julius replied to Sir Gadre's comment that implied the economy.

What was interesting was though why Lady Forest brought up that someone old enough would be offended by inflation. He was a traveller from the past and hadn't lived that long so far. If she wanted to refer to his situation, probably another comparison would be more apt. The lady looked young, to be honest even somewhat younger than him. Maybe there was something more to her than he suspected.

"Oh, about that. I do not particularly need to acquire meat as I am prefer hunting. There is a forest near the place of my host that should be teeming with wildgame. But certainly I need fruit, vegetables, spices and wine to refill the stock of ingredients. I think we should first either visit a stall that sells fruits and vegetables or one that sells wine, whichever one is closer." The gentleman offered. He really didn't have much experience purchasing vegetables and fruit as such tasks were usually for servants, but as a gentleman he was also a conneseur of alcohol.