Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 21215 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

"Huh, this smells like that cocoa stuff Dutch are sellin' in Nagasaki..." Rikuyo remarked. Japan was quite isolated from the rest of the world, but not completely. Dutchmen were a race of blond haired and blue eyed sorcerers who kept trading with Japan in spite of not being too welcome in the mainland. That's why they had a separate island where they likely had conducted their sorcerous arts. "This is magic too, right? Dutch are all sorcerors, I bet. Just like those Portuguese guys that got chased away by them."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

Of course you may be called fair, the angel thought back to her with an upward drifting of his eyebrows, to convey amusement. You burn in the sun faster than the fairest Irish lady.

As they reached the liquor store Gadreel took a moment to assess its quality by virtue of the advertisements in place, and by the visible selection of beers and spirits presented to lure in would-be consumers. "Well, this should at least be adequate to your needs, Sir Julius," he said to the temporally displaced warrior. "I will warn you that you may require a brief adjustment period to account for the increasing industrialization of the brewing industries since your time. The varieties, and quantities, may well be off-putting to you. Or exciting."

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Lycodrake Aptera
"Of course not! She is a loyal and faithful subject, and a precious friend. I don't believe she'd be that cruel." He stated abruptly, shaking his head to reasure the great creature. He fidgeted nervously, but then averted his eyes to the posters displayed.

"Are you interested in those movers?" He asked.
He turned to the posters and back to the skull-armored man, "I suppose so? I don't know what a mover is." Really he was just looking to try and find something active to do, and being inside with frightened, wary humans wasn't exactly a pleasant activity in his book.

"But if you'd like to, I don't really mind."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

"I guess it's similar?" Ron said to her, uncertain because history classes in Nexus schools were pretty... eclectic, at best. "We call it chocolate, now. It's delicious; girls love it. I can't eat it much anymore because it makes me sick if I change shape, so enjoy it for me, okay?" He asked her with a grin.

With so many people coming from so many places, so few with formal degrees in History or equivalent certifications, a lot of history had to be cobbled together from the accounts of multiple people and whatever books could be discovered after crossing the boundary to the Nexus. This was made even worse by how some people, and books, came from worlds where history had unfolded differently. Some didn't even come from that Earth place to begin with!

"Sorcerers, huh? That does sound pretty cool."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

Kenzo walked happily through the tavern, whistling a happy tune like he couldn't get any more cheerful. After they found themselves in the kitchen. He wondered just where did the owner of this place left her food. There were plenty of different doors inside the kitchen, which he opened one by one to find various plates, chopsticks, cooking appliances and strange tools...

A white box thing caught his attention. He opened it and gaped wide eyed at its interiors, nearly jumping back in surprize.

"Oh my! What a tiny cold room...!" He exclaimed. Without hesitation he pulled out various ingredients, meats and vedgetables of many kinds. Then, he grabbed the kitchen knife and began to work.

"Hey, did you ever have human food?" He asked her.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

The Fae looked like she was going to respond but instead ran back to the other girl. "Breeze! I think Michael called me fat!" Big, fat tears spilled out of her eyes but she didn't look particularly sad. She waited a bit to get over her own dramatics and wipe away the salty liquid from her face before addressing the both of them again.

"Oh, by the way, you really killed that spirit, Breezy. It's dead. Super dead. And with it gone this entire place is gonna burn down. So we should go unless you want to try fighting the smoke, and fire, and all the animals pouring out."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:33:30 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

Hot, cold, none of it mattered to this Muramasa when she cast aside the facade of humanity. She had no eyes, and could not see, so she shared sight with her wielder. It was... interesting, being as tall as Sakagami Kenzo. In fact, as he bent down because of his height she felt his insides clench around her, felt new blood drip along her blade.

The sword vibrated gently in satisfaction.

Yes. Beef. Rice. Tea. I like tea.

Her favorite shell seemed to find tea quite delicious, as humans would say.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The immortal allowed a chuckle at Oren's reaction, though it was fairly obvious the reaction wasn't entirely genuine. That was fine, he couldn't condemn her for wearing a mask even if he cared enough to do so.

"I mean, it would explain how getting gored by the Elemental didn't prove to be too debilitating," Michael mused, "And that only applies as a dragon. Your current form is in decent shape. That aside, I'd have to agree that we should go. Not much left to fight here if the animals are just running."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Auspicious Breeze

The Solar felt herself puff up, really angry with that. "Hey! Don't call girls fat, okay?" she said as she walked up to Michael and stared at him threatening. "You're supposed to be nice to girls."

Then she backed off when she heard about fire and animals and dead things. "Eh? Oh, you mean that thing was important? Oops."

Breeze scratched the back of her head and ducked it. "My bad. We should go."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

Kenzo smiled and began to prepare the meal, washing the rice and using the knives at his disposal to carve the various meats, from chicken to beef.He was going to prepare a roast, but he’d also fry part of the meat and make a delicious broth of the rest. Greens, of course, would be a must! At the same time, he began to boil water in order to prepare some tea.

It seemed that despite his ditzy mannerisms, performing various tasks like this simultaneously wasn’t much of a problem, it was honestly rather impressive.  If one didn’t know any better, one would have confused that blood-stained man to be a five star chef.

The oni hummed cheerfully while in the middle of sautéing his onions, a process that he did not know as such, but simply learned of due to a very long lonely life with a great deal of free time, one which allowed for such experimentations.

Of course, it was much more fun now that he had someone to cook for. It wasn’t as pleasant to cook alone to eat alone, he was really glad. For a moment, the demon's eyes gazed down longingly, as if recalling something sweet.

You don't deserve this.

Abruptly, he snapped back and quickly went back to work.

“Come on, ask me anything!  It feels quite lonesome to prepare a feast in silence” He said happily.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

The Formless one darted as fast as the wind and picked Breeze up in a bridal style carry with surprising strength. She rubbed her cheek against Breeze's for a bit before taki off. Her bare feet slapped against the ground and flowed over foliage and roots with all the grace of a deer. As she ran she called out and said, "Hey! Whoever makes it out of the forest last has to buy me new clothes!"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

He wanted her to talk more, and share the meal with him. Katase was going to need another puppet, but to properly feel what it felt the sword was going to have to be in its possession at the time. That meant she had to be pulled out of Kenzo, and that meant he was going to bleed to death unless he could self-repair very, very fast.

The sword could tell he didn't. She would have to repair her lovably foolish wielder herself.

Patience, lover.

Katase's favorite shell, the lovely blue-eyed girl, took form in a crimson haze and a gentle wailing of souls. Before his demon eyes she was bare as she'd be for a bath. She stood up from her kneeling position, and clothes took shape around her as the last of the shroud of demonic energy faded into her favorite silk kimono.

She smiled for Kenzo, and reached out to grab herself by the hilt. "This will hurt."

Muramasa Katase left the warm sinew of her wielder's body quickly, before she could change her mind, and allowed her shell to sigh. "You made such a mess of me~," she said with a coo at the end, admiring her bloodied steel. "But oh, you're so hurt... here. Let me take care of that."

Before he could object she let the traces of power she left behind in his wounds take new form: new meat to replace the old.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:34:15 PM by Aiden »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

"It must be sucks to not be able to eat everything. As long as any animal can eat it, I can digest it. I bet that's hard to top." She grinned with pride. She was not only a predator, but also a survivor. If there was no prey around, she could even survive off tree bark and drink any kind of water unless it was hazardous for any lifeform. How such things tasted though was another matter altogether, but again, she wasn't most picky eater.

"I guess at this point ya can only survive off meat, but don't be shocked when sooner or lateronly wolves, spirits, other wolves and the long pork will sustain you. You're a spirit and flesh joined together, so the more spirit like ya are, the more you will rely on things similar to ya." Rikuyo thought it would be appropriate to tell me in advance so he ain't surprised. "But that's in the future, don't concern yerself with it for now. And yeah, I'll eat a double share in your place." Rikuyo scooped not once, but twice the brown ice-cream flavor and sprinkled it with chocolate syrup. She used the big spoon to eat it as she didn't like eating ice-cream with her fingers. They were cold to touch after all.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

"I can't even drink coffee anymore," he mock-grumbled to himself, before scooping some of that sherbet into his mouth. Mmm. Delicious fruity sugary blend. "You get it so easy."

Only wolves, spirits and people? Well, shit; that was good to know ahead of time. He pushed the revelation aside with a shake of his head and another mouthful of frozen dessert. As long as he could still enjoy the taste of other things he wouldn't go mad. It's not like she was saying Anne couldn't get drunk anymore; poor girl would go mad.

He'd miss out on some fun too. That was one taboo down thanks to her.

"How's the chocolate?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Kenzo

Kenzo’s eyes widened in surprize, but before he could respond she was taken from him. He didn’t like this, this pain. It hurt so much to be separated from her, to not be whole anymore. It was just like before, but he understood. She had to do it, because love had to hurt. Her love was real!

A gigantic bloody smile appeared on his face. He put the pan aside for a moment and wrapped his arm around the woman, the extension of his beautiful Muramasa.

“Amazing. Although you didn’t need to dirty your robes in such a manner this soon. You are much more beautiful without…”

Without any warning, he kissed her again. This time, his mouth went for her neck with a never before seen hunger, as if he’d try to eat her any time soon. This was perfect; they could both love each other forever like this. His kisses intensified as his lips lowered to her collar bone, until he was finally satisfied. Then, he released her lovingly.

“Let’s play more later!” He said cheerfully before laying a finger on her lips. “But please, talk more to me.”