Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 21279 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Feng

"I've helped my village enough, so I shouldn't ignore the larger world in favor of one place. This city requires my attention as well. Besides, it is the nightime, when the trouble brews the most. I can endure without sleep for a week easily, so I'm not worried about overexerting myself." The monk explained his reasons for living in the city. "May it be my turn to ask questions of my own? What kind of spirit you are? I'm pretty adept at picking up the general feeling of one's aura, but some details elude me."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Engetsu

"Uh, you couldn't tell?" He blinked in surprise. He'd think a monk with an aura as impressive as his could at least tell that much, but it seemed it wasn't the case. Oh well, he might as well show him. He took the sword and scabbard on his back and presented the sheathed blade to the monk.

The first thing that came to mind when looking at it was its impressive length. It looked more like a nodachi than a katana, and tall enough for someone to joke about it being a drying pole. Its wooden ornate scabbard boasted a beautiful pattern of violet and blue. Sealed, it kept its energy contained, but there was no mistaking the distinct aura that came from the blade within.

Nor was there mistaking the beauty of the sword itself, even while it was sheathed it was evident that this was a noble blade.

"I guess I am what you'd call a sword." He answered casually.  "Sorry if this appearance looks a bit deceiving, it's surprisingly hard to get from place to place without legs. And no touching, i'm actually quite sensitive."

RED

The girl looked down as if conflicted for a second, or maybe she just wasn't sure what to do. She wasn't exactly used at people talking to her like this, but she guessed it felt nice. She shouldn't think so much on the past.

Beaming from ear to ear, she handed the three her hand in order to perform the ancient rite known as hand shaking. "I'm Red, it's nice to meet you!"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:11:30 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Oka Kurosawa and Her Good Knight Wormy

Oka shook her head at Anastasia, getting angry now. "Making a pokemon live anywhere isn't ok!" She exclaimed, making an X with her arms. "You can't forcably relocate them like that! That's what bad people do! They kidnap pokemon and force them to do things!" She said.

Meanwhile, Wormy bobbed up and down in front of Paladin, telling him it was ok. He didn't mind after all. He was a nice guy. A bit weird though.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Anastasia

"Oh, come on, there must be a cave creature that would be just happy to live here. Even feudal lords
try to attract people to their lands with incentives rather the force. Just, what would be the incentive for a wild Pokemon, then? Since you're an expert, you should probably know how to attract them into living here."

And well, forcible relocation sometimes had to happen (some criminals were used to settle empty lands), but Oka of course would have none of it.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Feng

"No, your words are sufficient to convince me, so I don't need to examine the blade. And yes, appearance can be deceiving. I look like a middle aged man, but I'm right now 120 years old. My body is not immortal, I simply age slower. But there is also another thing I can do regarding my appearance. Do you want me to demonstrate or you prefer an explanation?" The monk said enigmatically.

He wondered if the spirit would be satisfied with just explanation or his curiosity would want to see more.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura and Shirou

Sakura and Shirou both smiled as their pet responded with what they could only assume was an enthusiastic "hello", glad that the little creature seemed comfortable with them and with the girl they'd just met.

As the girl held out her hand, Sakura took hold of it, shaking it gently.

"Nice to meet you, too", she said.

Shirou, meanwhile, shifted Moko around, letting him rest in one arm and using the other to gently take hold of the white-haired girl's hand and shaking it.

Then, he took Moko back into his hands, holding him out for the girl.

"Would you like to hold him?" Shirou asked with a smile.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Forest

Forest blinked at the person's voice on the other line and then nodded.  "Of course, I'm not going to renig on my offer.  I have plenty of room if you and a friend need it.  Just don't bring a face collection, okay? Or any body part collection."

Roderick

Roderick nodded and said, "I am afraid I am quite lost.  A teleportation spell went awry and I have no idea how I got here.  I would be in your debt if you gave me assistance."

Rin

"Well, you can get better then," Rin said before letting him go, "Plus you'll have magic bullets."

Olgamally

Marie scratched her head. "Well, to be honest, I'm entirely new here too." The white-haired girl told him honestly, and maybe with just a teensy bit of sheepishness. "I think Romani tried to rayshift us and failed..." The girl said. "But I do know about the modern world, which you seem to not know anything about. My guess is we're in a dimensional hub of sorts, from the information I've gathered so far. Some strange pocket dimension."

"What did your spell tell you, then?"

Thedoctor

William

The former Saint merely shook his head at how she worded her request. Did she expect there to be a whole menu to chose from. Hmm, if he stalled long enough then perhaps his maid could actually be useful for something. His eyes travelled over her short and appealing frame as he moved through the hallway with at a slow pace.

"It's unbelievable, how this short and light weight I'm carrying right now, is a goddess. A beautiful vision of divinity and it's in my grasp." He said to her, apparently lost in thought.

Thr mage quickly got out of his thinking and continued on. "Don't expect too much in the way of dining. I haven't had the time to aquire a great chef or anything of that kind just yet."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Irene

"And your lot would be only strife and blood with no end in sight, I can assume," she responded, casually clenching her hands into fists and loosening them. "And if we refuse to let you have your way?"

Rafalia

Evil overlords were far too done, but they tended to attract the types she found really interesting, so the ongoings were something the fairy wanted to keep an eye on. How blissful that she'd made friends with someone who was already involved, likely for similar reasons to hers.

"Sounds like a classy fellow," she said, voice slipping with incontrollable mirth before she cracked the reins and they shot through the streets like a cyclone on hooves. The demonic doll was more insidious than expected and yet also convenient. What would happen to Lucy if she shot of those, she wondered...

Perhaps to the fortune of the deceptively cute unholy rider, her topic of inquiry was quite efficient at taking the excrucian's attention.

"The chains were until the altar! Mostly." She began, looking back at her passenger with girlish delight passing through her eerie eyes. "Buuut the rest of the night -"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:39:31 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

"Well, first was some crazy sword girl who was cutting people up! She cut me a bit too. I tried to save the bodies but then some other crazy girl burned them up! Then later that one blew up a truck and fought me before I ran away." She deflated a bit at the detailing of her being punted around all day.

Paladin

So the knight began to draw the pokemon with remarkable accuracy despite the seeming clunky nature of his armored hands. He was having Wormy show off a bit so he could properly estimate his wingspan and detail the colors of the creature's form.

"Sir Wormy, I would not feel correct assuming so I must ask: Was that attack in the room the extent of your might with that attack? And are there abilities magnitudes more powerful then what you just displayed?"

Lucy

Lucy nodded sagely. "I see, I see. Considering his status did he also use a few... tentacles?" She wiggled her fingers as the doll began to sprout the appendages and latched onto the excrucian some more.

The castle was now in view. Messengers kept Lucy informed as she considered the situation. "Now, Raf, we must be careful here. We are making a dramatic entrance and I must make sure the circumstances are perfect for our arrival. Puff yourself up! Take on the visage of a god of the void! Be harrowing! Oh and slow down. I need to change on horseback and that's never easy."

That's when the Messenger with a floating maid uniform made itself noticeable as it hurried towards the horse.

Jasey

"Mhm. Yeah, sure. Thanks!" Then she ended the call and gave Costin a pitying look. "Well, just because you can't bring one doesn't mean you can't start one. Just be sneaky about it. And don't think about it. I'm pretty sure she can tell somehow."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:57:15 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

With nothing else to do and a piping hot croissant in hand, the redhead made her way over to a nearby library, curious to see if any new medical texts had showed up recently. A short conversation with the librarian, aside from the time it took to shake him out staring at her, confirmed that nothing new had appeared here or in any of the other branches. Leaving him behind with a smile and a thank you, the changeling decided she might as well stay a while now that she was here so close to the library's closing time.

Munching on the croissant while managing to avoid the hawkish gaze of the old lady patrolling the shelves, Emily soon picked out a decent book and set about looking for somewhere to sit. Dodging the hawk-eyed librarian's gaze, the redhead soon happened across a lavender-haired woman who seemed a bit under the weather. The fact that she was hot was really icing on the cake, but Emily opted not to use a Contract to find out just what had her down quite yet. Instead, the changeling made her way over and sat down nearby, her croissant having long since vanished. Even if the refreshing smell of fresh cut grass didn't faintly surround her thanks to the Mantle, she wasn't exactly trying not to be noticed.

"Hello there," the redhead said softly, a warm smile on her face, "You look like you could use some company."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile

Lorenzo

The pirate couldn't help but laugh at the puppet's honest response. They really were too alike, it was almost frightening! Then again, did either really have the heart to be scared?

"I really like you, boy." He said earnestly before giving him a good slap in the back. "Well, it would be bad if we let the authorities react in time. I'm thinking a diversion or two could split them up, get them spread and panicking. Then, we use the cracks to slip in, get our goods and get out. Disguises would probably be useful, just so we can lose them more easily."

The pirate put a finger on his chin, as if thinking.

"Hmm, we'd need somewhere to hide the stolen goods though, and maybe a way to quickly escape before things go south. Got any ideas?"

Coppelius

The doll could'nt help but chuckle; of course he had found comradery within a beeing just as inhumanly human as he. Splendid!

"Heh, i see you got this all figured out, Cap'n."
Showing it off, Coppelius grabbed some junk out of his workshop through his coat's portal.
"Well, we can use this baby to just poof out the treasure, but for us to flee, we gotta either sneak or blaze out eh? Looking forward to it!"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Julius

The expression on Julius' face was that of a disappointment. He didn't know whether to laugh or feel sad about how she could ascribe to such ridiculous idea. She wasn't even consistent about her ideals either.

"If the civilization means so little to you, why do you still cling to its trappings so visibly? People may laugh at me, mock me, scorn me, think I'm a wide eyed idealist, but I move forward while staying true to my ideal. You seek to throw few millennia old system into disarray but still use what countless generations of human race have invented."

Talking about destroying the civilization, but smoking cigarettes and wearing modern clothes at the same time was a sign of hipocrisy. But this was the least wrong thing with her worldview.

"Yes, there is no denial that this city is wrong. But neither power nor chaos can solve its problems. There is good and compassion in the people that cannot be snuffed out. If united, they will overcome this cesspool of hatred and lies!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
William

The former Saint merely shook his head at how she worded her request. Did she expect there to be a whole menu to chose from. Hmm, if he stalled long enough then perhaps his maid could actually be useful for something. His eyes travelled over her short and appealing frame as he moved through the hallway with at a slow pace.

"It's unbelievable, how this short and light weight I'm carrying right now, is a goddess. A beautiful vision of divinity and it's in my grasp." He said to her, apparently lost in thought.

Thr mage quickly got out of his thinking and continued on. "Don't expect too much in the way of dining. I haven't had the time to aquire a great chef or anything of that kind just yet."

Black Heart

"Oh, that's fine, really." The goddess said, no longer joking. "As long as you have some decent stuff and yummy snacks I'll be perfectly content. And it's your fault I'm transforming so much, so no complaining about my eating habits, ok?!"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Oka Kurosawa

There are already plenty of pokemon here, you know." Oka shook her head and walked towards a nearby boulder, which she proceeded to kick. A large four-armed rock angrily stood up and roared at her before he was swiftly felled by a gigantic shadow claw, easily tearing through his rocky exterior and knocking him out.

"See? That was a graveler. You just need to learn to keep your eyes open! Pokemon are everywhere!"

Wormy

Wormy posed magnificently for Paladin, enjoying the show he was preforming. It reminded him of when they were back home, when Oka used to put him in contests. Those were loads of fun. The Worm began to consider having Oka dress him up nice after they fought the regice.