Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 21288 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

With the noisy box silenced, the monster hunter looked back over the edge again, focusing her gaze as she looked around to try to get her bearings. Looking around for the landmarks she'd been told about in relation to that burger joint. To her minor surprise, it didn't take long to spot the gaudy edifice they were looking for, with "Wild Bill's Burgers" plastered across a brightly glowing hamburger. Though the place reminded her a bit too much of a few taverns out in the sticks, the recommendation had been sincere and Adjutor didn't have any better ideas at this point. Cocking an eyebrow at how tasteless the display was, Adjutor shrugged as she looked around for a good route down.

One quick shadow-step later, the monster hunter and the lizardwoman were stepping out of an alley just across the street from the place, the building somehow seeming even more garish up close.

Feels like I'm going to regret this.

Considering the slop these places serve, shouldn't you be regretting it already?
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia

"Aw, how did you know?" The rider stifled a pout and peeled the doll off, dropping it on her steed's head. Perhaps someone was being a naughty girl and treading into her mind, but the fond remembrance still brought out a giggle. "My Alaric wasn't content until we'd gone positively depraved," she sang.

Her new friend's demands rang clearly through her ears. Luckily for Lucy, she had the right person for the job. Atmosphere and annihilation were the trade of a Warmain, and Rafalia had never turned one over on the former. "Worry not, my companion," she said, voice rising with the grandeur of the void. "Just tell me the window to pick, and I will arrive like oblivion shattering the sky!"

As they closed in, Rafalia petted the side of the horse and it eased its trotting, running smoothly and silently over barren ground, almost as graceful as its owner.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:12:13 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura and Shirou

The two of them smiled as the girl beamed at his offer, taking the Pokemon out of Shirou's hands and petting him. They always liked to make people happy, especially a child like this.

Sakura's smile grew wider as the little creature wagged his tail, licking the girl.

"I think he likes you", Sakura said, happily.

Shirou, meanwhile, simply watched, soaking in the girl's happiness. Nothing made him happier than making other people happy, and the fact that the girl reminded him a little of his lost sister only added to that sense of joy.

"No, we're not lost", Shirou replied, still smiling. "We were just playing with Moko."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard smiled and gave the knight a departing glance before focusing back on Sakura. His cheek resting on his hand, he allowed himself to toy with the fork before him as he spoke.

"Not really. You've managed to protect your little world all this time, and even in a place like this you have found a little happiness to cherish. Compared to grand tales of heroism or adventure, a dull mundane tale like yours seems much more interesting. It's quite enviable really."

Lorenzo

"Nice!" He gasped, this was just perfect. "Can you put people in there too? Like, me for example? I might just have an idea..." He chuckled like an evil mastermind.

Sakura Matou

"Well, thanks." Sakura said honestly. "It's honestly not easy sometimes." She then went silent, as if she was pondering something.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

Rider grinned at the girl's words,

"Oh, really?" she said, smirking in a sultry way. "Well, I guess whether I prefer nice depends on what kind of company you're offering."

"And, I'm Rider", she added. "Pleased to meet you."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:02:03 PM by Cherry Lover »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Anastasia

"Oh, so they're like the Elder Race? Tales say that once a mighty race of material beings that emerged from primordial chaos created everything, those beings older than even oldest Aetheric beings. Some say that Dragons are their weak and shattered descendants, others point that Giants were their lesser younger kin. One thing is known, they no longer meddle in affairs of other races for some unknown reason. My master claimed that they turned into the starlight. Could be honestly just his drunken tale."

And a god didn't have to be so potent to be considered a god by someone. After all, halflings worshipped a god of pies.

The sky was getting darker and darker as they emerged out of the den. "I honestly miss seeing two moons on the sky." She remarked as she looked at the sky. "The stars are also different. Are these unfamiliar for you as well?"

Paladin

Paladin hustled over when Oka called, so he only heard the last of Anastasia's statement. "Ah, yes. The stars are far more messy here. In my home they are arranged in precise patterns. The god of time routinely redirects the light they give off in order to give signs of prophecy."

He sounded a bit nostalgic at that. There was nothing that made you feel more like a stranger than staring up at a sky that was not your own. But there was a beauty to it as well, even if it was different.

Oka Kurosawa

"Yeah, of course they are. I've read that the sky here is unique and that no other world shares it. Kinda ironic, if you think about it." She wasn't sure about Anastasia's comparison. She'd never heard of any so called elder race. She didn't want to be rude though, so she kept quiet.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Grigori

She nodded her head at Olga's greeting before following the younger girl to the park. As she took her seat she took note of the field around them and quirked her lips for a moment. Maybe they could have fun with this?

Grigori twisted a field of magic tight around the gazebo that would twist their words into a different meaningless conversation to anyone who could actually hear them. "So then, Lady Animusphere, what sort of plan have you come up with regarding our mutual inconvenience?"

Olgamally Animusphere

Marie sat down on a nearby chair, reinforcing the entire structure to make it as strong as steel. "I'm afraid I have as little of a clue as either of you. I wasn't even able to contact Romani, and we can easily communicate across time and probably even dimensions, although that part was never actually tested. "Whatever's stopping us from that is probably the source of the problem though. If we can find whatever it is, assuming it's an object or spell, destroying it should free us." She told the two. "The main problem is I have absolutely no information on the specifics of the nature of this place." She turned to Roderick.

"Did your spell tell you anything else?" She asked, not really expecting him to give her any terribly useful information. Even if he had somehow gotten it, if she were in his position, she'd have kept it to herself. It just made sense.

Not that she really had any hopes that he did actually have that information.

Thedoctor

Neptune

The purple haired goddess appeared to be thinking about the choice given her. A grin started forming as she made up her mind. Mere momens later a bright flash enveloped her. When it was over Neptune had been replaced by her goddess form Purple Heart. "We're going to have a better view now." Her now deeper said as she moved into action.

Purple Heart didn't even both to wait for his consent, she grabbed hold of him and blasted off. Her strange mechanical spread out as the two of them took to the skies. High into the air she took them, until they passed the peak of the skyscrapers and beyond, reaching for the clouds themselves.

"I hope you like it Gadreel. Being back here I mean." The true intent of her sudden brash action revealed itself with that curious statement.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

Emily cocked an eyebrow at Rider's comment, wondering just what lines her desires went along with that remark.

"That's a curious name," Emily noted, not missing a beat, "Far as company goes, how about someone to read with? At least for now."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

Rider frowned momentarily at the girl's words, having hoped that she would ask for something more. Still, there was no harm in letting her remain, and perhaps it could lead somewhere later on.

"Yes, I don't see any problem with that", she replied with a sexy smile.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"Wow, your world seems more ordered if even the sky is like that. I honestly don't think that this city is too wretched as some claim. In a way, it looks quite peaceful to me. I'm more like a soldier than a wizard, so I can tell. There's nothing here compared to the northern hosts that threathen my country." Anastasia reminisced about the past. "But I guess you want to catch this Regice. Shall we go, then?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

With that, the changeling opened up her book and started digging in, only half-paying attention to the book at this point. After a short while, the redhead gave up and simply focused for a moment and invoked a Contract, glancing over to see whatever little desires Rider had flitting around in there.

...Oh.

What she saw both surprised her and left her speechless for all of a few moments, glancing back at her book as she gulped audibly. On some level, what she saw in there was undeniably hot, but the redhead barely held back a wince all the same. Well, she couldn't exactly fault the lavender-head for her desires, but there wasn't much stopping her from having a little fun with this.

Putting down her book for the moment, Emily stretched her arms above her head and arched back with a small groan, fighting back the stiffness that threatened to make getting up a pain.

"So, Rider," Emily said, leaning forward as she looked over the other woman, making no effort to be discreet about it, "What kind of company would you prefer, then?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:54:26 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Julius

That's it. She showed her true colors. That's what Julius thought when Hazel froze Irene. Even a saint would lose patience if someone just tried to kill in front of him. Even if he was impoverished, knives were still quite cheap, and he had so many of them hidden in his trenchcoat. Even if in tranquil fury, Julius retained capability to assess the situation calmly, and was aware that keeping the distance was crucial. He aimed his knives at the upper body of this monster. If he was fortunate, the three knives he wanted to throw at her would skewer brain, neck or heart. When facing wizards, stopping their heartbeat or destroying their brain worked the best.

The noble ignored Irene's feral looks once she broke out of the ice. He'd ask questions later and now that they fought, there was no time to be indecisive, so he threw those three knives at his opponent.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

Oh. Being carried was nice! It made Oren feel a bit special. So she preened a bit before considering Mordred's response. "Well, it's not like I didn't have good reason! Anybody who was thinking i was a cannibal has no respect for the dead. Hmph!"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Hazel

Hazel did not pay any attention to the girl coming out of the ice.  Her eyes were far too focused on the blond man before her.  It's really a shame she made such a poor first impression.  He really was cute, especially when he showed such vigor in his eyes.

The two attacks struck at roughly the same time, with the knife hitting her first.  The blades seamlessly passed through her head, leaving a small cloud of smoke where the stab wounds should be.  Less than a second later, the girl struck Hazel's body, sinking her teeth claws into her back.  With a swift movement, the girl seemingly ripped her apart, sinking her claws into her body and ripping her in half.  However, the remains of her body dissipated into smoke.

All at once, the smoke gathered in one spot behind the cute blond man, her hand outstretched to touch his chest.  "I wonder... can you do the same thing as her?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:08:58 PM by yinsukin »