Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 21306 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Hazel

The firextinguisher came down hard, propelled by the girl's inhuman strength.  However, it only passed through her body, distorting the parts it touched into smoke.  When it finished its trail, Hazel's body looked as though it had been cut in half, her guts replaced by smoke.  The Tommy gun fell to the ground as her entire body changed into smoke.  Naturally the knives passed through that form as well.

The smoke gathered next to the girl, rapidly materializing Hazel's body.  Once it had finished, it revealed the blond with her leg raised.  That leg shot forward, attempting to strike the girl in the torso.

Thedoctor

Jeanne

Jeanne held back and let Joe approach by himself. Interfering right now wouldn't be the greatest idea since Rin's current mood was caused by her after albeit indirectly. Thus she kept quiet and watched how it would unfold.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
William

He didn't even deign the maid a second glance after her act. He could almost feel his plan collpase around him. No. It wasn't over, perhaps it was even better this way. That however, did not change the circumstance.

Thus the master of the castle turned to his other guest who had been watching this exchange silently. "So I've come to understand you wish to decorate this place Rafalia, is that true?"

Rafalia

"But of course, lord Hightower," she said, bringing her hands together in a soft clap. "A hopeful overlord with plans of domination needs an appropriate backdrop, and a castle of this size is just fraught with potential to bring out an imposing magnificence."

From between her palms she shaped a flower of molten glass, shaped from the memory of a dream of devastation she had once had. She offered the simple trinket to him and smiled like a passing night. "I am passable at arts and crafts, but I understand the gravitas a climactic lair requires. And I have an interest in your situation, as well as those that will be drawn to it."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:36:41 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Thedoctor

Molly

"I'm pretty sure I'd remember something like this, so no we don't have vampires back where I come from." He did reveal what he was finally but did he have to be so close? It was almost like he was coming onto her and urgh she did not need this right now, not when she was like this. Wait if he feed on this....

No.

She pushed him against one of the walls with an unnatural force not befitting a woman of her stature, or any human for that matter.

"How often are you planning on using me like your bloodbag?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liam

It's good he just fed. Girl damn well shoved hard. It was like getting hit by, well, himself. Was a fair question on her part at least though. He held his hands up as if to show he wasn't going to do anything. "Weren't really the main intention, Miss Molly. Not anymore, anyway. I really do need someone to clean up and maintain my properties. But if you're inclined..."

He knew she weren't. Or at least, didn't want to be right now. Oh, but Liam made her all uncomfortable now huh?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Irene

Again, she'd been foiled! Whether she'd underestimated this witch or miscalculated the approach, the wide swing had left her momentarily open - and as the leg rocketed towards her she caught Julius's wounded form in the edge of her vision. In that split-second, she had to make a judgement call.

Unless the bitch had a card like the Ripple up her sleeves, Irene could deal with any blunt damage, and if she took her time exchanging blows she might be able to find a way out of the likely impasse. The biggest concern was being frozen again, or the opposite if whatever she was doing worked on comprehensibly naturalist principles. It was too risky to engage with the usual close quarter methods, even before taking into account other tricks. The fire extinguisher could only help so much in these tight circumstances even if she did turn to smoke again.

But she couldn't prolong it without putting her momentary companion's life at risk of fading before she could do anything to help. There was only one answer, and it was to gamble.

She did not attempt to impede the woman's clear path to strike her, and instead let one hand go free of the heavy load in anticipation. Just as her body was struck, her claw lashed out to bury itself into the offending leg and suck dry or tear it open cleanly, whichever came easier.

If they could draw blood, then they could kill her. That would satisfy Irene enough to rearrange her priorities.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:28:42 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Waka

A big giant's hand dropped the bear back down on the ground. It ran away scared of him since its cubs weren't around. That was fine; Waka knew it'd be up for more later. Waka liked bears since they didn't break when he touched them. They fought good too.

He brushed past a tree, and the bark scraped off against his skin. It didn't bother him, but he tried to put the bark back anyway. Crik. It didn't work. He stopped touching the tree before it cracked more, frowning.

Waka had to wash off now, so he moved to the river. It didn't take long since his legs were so long. He felt cool spring air against his bare skin. It was nice. The water was nice too. Waka scraped the dirt from wrestling the bear off his skin, paying attention to his armpits in particular. Then he did his best to straighten out his hair and beard.

Water went everywhere as he splashed about and scrubbed. It scared the fish and birds away. Not Waka's fault though; he had to clean up. It was getting dark, and he wanted to go to a lighter place. Humans made places with more light that smell like food and smoke. So he'd go see the humans. They might have something nice to eat, or there might be someone strong there. It made up for how noisy it was there.

They would be scared, so he'd just take what he wanted and go. Yes, that seemed like a good idea to Waka.

So he went into town. It was a long jog there, but he moved fast. The ground near him shook with his steps. People ran or stared as they saw Waka coming. That was smart of them. Waka slowed down when he got on their hard roads.

Waka took his time, trying not to break things.

Thedoctor

Purple Heart

"There must be a way to stop them and...." He was holding her hands. They were so big and inviting and he was holding them. Why was she so hung up on his hands, she'd even kissed him.

Not in this form.

She could suddenly feel the beating of her heart and a slight blush spread onto her cheeks.

No don't get so emotional over hand holding. You're a goddess. The goddess of Planeptune.

"Eh yeah do ya have a plan Gadrel?" What was wrong with her.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

Purple Heart's response was very atypical from Gadreel's brief experience of the goddess' behavior. Could it be that this form was in a sense, a different personality altogether? Was she still truly Neptune, albeit a different facet of her? Intriguing.

The fallen angel, alleged tempter of eve, architect of the nephilim, reenacted his divine wiles in a sudden moment of inspiration. He brought her hands up in his grasp, and kissed the back of her knuckles. "We shall indeed work together to stop them. For now let us avail ourselves of one another's talents so we might cover more ground."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Jasey

Wow. Costin could really ramble on. And was also also a little crazy. Jasey didn't mind too much despite the mess and guts but uhh... love? That was taking things a bit too fast, wasn't it? But, well, if they were going to kill people...

"Sure, sure! Anything specific in mind though? That apartment was fine but doing it twice in a row is just boring. But I'm not sure about too much publicity either."

Grigori

The mage's brain stuttered and stopped for a moment for a second. This man had resurrection from where he came from? Her eyes narrowed. He wasn't going anywhere then, and if he had the capacity to do it himself... He would teach her or she would rip it from his mind.

Then her attention was drawn back to the spirit. "The spirit of a great hero called back from the grave, hmm? I take it that your world does not have a defender of the dead? But I suppose that is a question for another time."

She fought down a blush successfully as looked right into the eyes of the spirit that had so easily and suddenly grabbed her. "Might I have your name then? I have little doubt that you know mine."

Meti

Meti had no real response to that. She was no spiritualist or smith. But she did know what she felt. So she smiled as she held the blade close and whispered, "I'm happy you're here, with me. Leading me. So I love those kinslayers and your father, because I would not be with you if not for them."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Ito

The ninja's eyes widened for a second. Maybe it's because he didn't expect it, but the surprise caused him to lag for a slight instant. His back was struck with full force, causing him to hack in pain. His body was pushed forward and his foot slammed on the ground, but instead of staggering he used the direction of the blow to roll forward and strike behind him with a hammering kick, using the momentum to propel his blow towards her stomach.

Costin

"Hmm." The vampire put a finger on her chin and thought, walking in circles around Jasey while she reflected. "Hmmmm..." Her intestines  began to twitch and writhe before rolling back into her belly like spaghetti that was being sucked in. "HMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!"

Nope. Nothing. Nothing at all. It was really quite frustrating.

"I got nothing." She sighed before dropping on the couch like a potato.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:47:32 AM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

"Good. Then let us be off," Emily said, easing herself up and stretching up with a small groan.

It didn't take long to find the place, a homely little bar staffed by a rugged looking dark man by the name of Duke, amongst a few others. The redhead ignored the stares she drew as she took up a seat, waiting for Rider to take the one next to her.

"So, just what is it you'd like to do with me, Rider?" Emily said with a sultry little grin, knowing the answer but curious whether there was anything in the way.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:06:27 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

Her puppet's face burned red at the insinuations lurking in Meti's words. Katase would have wondered about the girl's sanity were she something other than a murderous demon blade, but t'was not so. And so instead she merely enjoyed the feeling of being appreciated so wholeheartedly, smiling, while her steel warmed in its sheath.

"W-Well, I suppose I do need to take responsibility now that you have no other sword to carry with you."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

As the strike connected Medaka dug her foot into the ground.  With a powerful leap, she shot forward, intending to follow up the attack with another strike.  However, the ninja recovered quicker than she expected, taking control with his footwork before transitioning into a forward roll.  With movements that could match Shinobu's speed, the man shot his foot backwards, slamming it down into her stomach and taking her body with it.  Her body hit the ground with a thud, cracking the sidewalk with her impact.

If the ninja was paying attention, he might have noticed Medaka's hands coming inward the moment she saw the leg coming.  Knowing full well she was not fast enough to block the kick or change directions, she instead attempted to grab hold of his leg as it hit her.  If she was successful, she would lock it in between her torso, placing it in between her breasts.  In the meantime, she would wrap her legs around his torso, placing him in a hold.

Either way, she would compliment him by announcing, "Nice move.  You are quite the skilled fighter."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Huang

She didn't feel angry for what happened to her, but she still a bit grumpy as she had to teach him such simple things like even basic cooking. "You know, now listen carefully. You'll have to relearn how to cook from the scratch. There's something fundamentally wrong with how you approach it, and I won't let that happen to somebody else." She scolded Engetsu after he released her from a hug.