Author Topic: CE 3.0 2017-2018  (Read 24839 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo

The pirate looked at the green girl with admiration. It wasn't often you'd find a strong woman, let alone such a quick witted one. If possible, he'd have liked to clash steel with her under different circumstances, a different flag. Oh well, he truly was too much of a whiner lately. But looking at how she had lost his birds, he couldn't help but laugh. This certainly looked bad, but for now all he could do was act.

With a snap of his fingers, the birds split into dozens of butterflies, each flames which slowly but steadily grew in size and power before circling the building, guarding each possible exit like countless shining stars. All they'd need to do for now was guard all possible exits and make sure she did not leave.

He traced a complex symbol of flames and sent a message to the bird near Mason, which he'd relay immediately.

"Mason, change of plans. This building will be enough, but make sure to seal it from the inside and outside. Can you do that quickly?"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:55:16 AM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mason

The boy ran back, listening to Lorenzo's orders just as he arrived.  He placed his hands on his hips and pressed his chest forward, displaying a confident smile.  "Don't worry! I already finished the barrier!"

Indeed, while they were fighting he surrounded the block, drawing a line with his magic. Outside of training his magic, he spent his entire time training his speed.  It was child's play to create a barrier surrounding the city block, encompassing all of the buildings between this intersection and the next.

The boy squatted down, his hands glowing blue as they pressed against the earth.  Magical lightning surged throughout the ground, dancing along the sides of the building.  This place was inescapable now.  An invisible barrier caged the two within its borders.  It was a physical barrier, weak to powerful mages, but impenetrable to those who were gifted with natural strength and supernatural abilities.

visevv

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Antonia San Nicolas

"Really?" Antonia raised an eyebrow. "That's a... new concept." She was going to have to adapt, wasn't she? What a bother that was going to be. It took her a decade to ingrain these hunter instincts into her mind and heart, and it was certainly going to take more than that to get them out. The only other hobby she had was sewing but her skills were only mediocre and it didn't satisfy her as much. "Well, thank you for letting me go. Do you recommend any other outlets for hunting, then?"

Now that she thought of it, maybe hunting people wasn't the most morally upstanding activity that she could do. To the outside world, it was barbarous and Antonia knew that it was right. But at this point, hunting was simply who she was and what she stood for. 

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura and Shirou

The couple's fake smiles gradually became more genuine as the girl continued to eat, seemingly having gotten over whatever it was that made her unhappy. They, too, continued to eat their ice-cream, Sakura waiting for Moko to return to her lap so he could finish his food.

Their smiles vanished, though, as the girl asked her question. The two of them both knew that bounty hunters were not well-regarded, due to their often very self-centred nature.

"Erm..., we're bounty hunters", Sakura responded, somewhat sheepishly.

"But we only take bounties on people who deserve it", Shirou added, giving a kind smile. "People we'd want to stop even if we weren't being paid."

Rider

Not expecting an attack, Rider was not really paying as much attention to her surroundings as she perhaps should, allowing what she assumed was another servant to get far closer to her than he should have been able to. Nevertheless, even with her limited focus, she was still fast enough to easily avoid the oncoming man, jumping to the side and landing on a rooftop.

Not wanting to lose her rather impressive collection of sex toys and torture implements, which she would hopefully need for her next date with Emily, Rider placed the bag down in a safe place on the rooftop before transforming into her battle outfit and, then, jumping slightly backwards towards where she had originally come from.

"Who are you and why are you chasing me?" she asked, tensing up but not yet summoning her weapons.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
RED

The young girl tilted her head and looked at the two with the most curious of red eyes. "Huh? What's a bounty?"

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Gojira:

They were outside now, away from the Enforcers. That was good and all, but the pair were still close enough to hear their sirens. They also got a good look at Gojira before the great escape.

Now was not the time for battle. Now was the time to lick wounds. Slumbering at the bottom of the bay sounds really nice right about now...

"...I think we should split up," Gojira began, "Those guys seen me, but they haven't seen you. I'll make my way to the waterfront, lay low there for awhile. Fix myself up while staying out of sight."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:55:11 AM by MissingMandible »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Suzuko

The tension eased out of her body and what almost appeared to be a smile appeared on Suzuko's face. She leaned on a counter as he worked. "Say, Butler, what is it that makes you so loyal? Is it simply your nature? Or is it something from your past?"

Grigori

"It simply isn't something that most of my contemporaries did with such powerful familiars. They kept few of the trappings of a normal bond, to be honest. Too dangerous. Too easy to exploit. No mage wants to be serving the whims of whatever they summon. But that does not appear to be an issue for you." Although Grigori was still unsure of whether that was simply because of Brutae herself.

Erica

It didn't seem as if Noel wanted to smash this person. Maybe it would be best to help? "Would you rather come with us, instead? We could find another hobby for you to do, or at least we could keep you out of getting into trouble."

She did not usually volunteer such service freely, especially when she was with Noel, but this seemed to be the best course of action.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Butler

Seeing her relax, he took it as affirmation to continue with his work, and he spoke in a tranquil voice. "You have need of me, do you not? That is all the reason I need."

Butler chuckled to himself, knowing full well how unsatisfactory that answer was. He hummed at his hands for a moment before lifting his gaze at Suzuko.

"My motivations are a long and complex tangle that reaches far into my past, although perhaps not the most interesting. I'm sure we will have the time to speak of it, if you wish to hear my stories," he said. "To give you a response now, I should say... I find joy in serving a person who I can give my devotion to."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Suzuko

Ah, well that was quite simple, wasn't it? Suzuko smiled at Butler with an almost empathetic look in her face. Her eyes bright and lips quirking up in a way that would be nice even without her personal aura. "I do say that there are things that you can gain happiness from while losing nothing. Kindness, service, and love."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Butler

He nodded slowly, letting out a soft and agreeable grumble. "Perhaps it is but the selfishness of an old man to believe that is enough, but we are of a similar mind there. I am glad."

It was only a few moments before he was done and readying himself to put back the tools where they should be.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

They were fast, ostensibly so. If she were to fight any of them, she wouldn't engage them up close and would require support before committing to the task of fighting against Ruler or this other person. Yes, she was fine with a support role.

"Are you a Servant?" She asked loudly from afar as if she wanted confirmation. She honestly didn't know whom the woman was. There was palpable aura of otherworldiness around the purple haired woman, and she couldn't say that felt at ease at all even if she wasn't really close to her. In fact, instincts told her that maybe it was a good idea to shield herself first. Out of any spirits she could attract, the one they faced would be still the most dangerous. Raw magical energy she summoned forth weaved a field of sorts around her, capable of withstanding punishment beyond what her mortal body could take.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mitsu

"You're picky about that, aren't you? We could spend lots of time on the search if our criteria are too narrow." The demon commented. If Medaka's vampire friend was as moral, then she would be honestly surprised. "Say, what you're going to do then if you run into other vampires? This is a large city, there are possibly more people like you out there."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Ruler

The priest landed on a rooftop, watching patiently as the woman moved her bag somewhere safe.  He wasn't sure why he did this.  Regardless, the woman came back, asking a strange question.

"You know who I am," he said in almost a commanding voice.  "At the very least, my master's question should make that obvious."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:28:54 PM by yinsukin »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Swims-With-Salmons

Swims-With-Salmons put two and two and realized that if they might be heading over the same direction. Wouldn't hurt to confirm that. "Is it Ms. Suzuko? I have an appointment with her, so if that's the case, we will wait together, I guess."

Her matter was probably more of a priority than Swims-With-Salmons' appointment. She had to wait longer for her turn, then, but she considered herself a pretty patient person for someone who was never completely tranquil. In fact, these weeks she has been calm. That stupid black out annoyed her a bit, but she didn't bother to check if it was sort of solar eclipse or actually some supernatural. She would be happy to not deal with something more serious than minor spirits, cannibal werewolves and occassional domestic terrorists. Well, she used to be a terrorist. From a certain point of view. Pentex liked to cover up attacks on their facilities in the media by claiming that they were just another terrorist incident.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

"There is no reason to treat a vampire differently than any other human being," Medaka retorted with a frown.  Her voice was stern, almost like she was scolding a child.  "I shall treat a new vampire just like everyone else."

Her face softened, turning to Mitsu as they walked.  "It won't be too hard to find someone who can keep up with me.  This city is filled with strong people.  We might not even need to go to a dojo."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:22:23 PM by yinsukin »