Author Topic: CE 3.0 2017-2018  (Read 24855 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"If it's an order of my superior, I follow it. But obviously there are certain lines I won't cross. For example if I discover that my superior practices black magic or tolerates its use, I will not only refuse orders but turn against the superior. It's always important to not obey blindly." Anastasia decided to participate in the conversation when she learned about the current topic. She was completely okay with decimating soldiers of an enemy country, not just monsters, but there were certainly limits to what she considered allowed.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Swims-With-Salmons

"Yes, I wanted to explain that after you read my mundane qualifications. Your assumption is quite correct, my landscaping services are unusual. Have you learned about the existence of the spirit world, Ms Suzuko? The sort of services I provide is to arrange gardens and parks in such a way that they attract beneficial spirits and repel malicious ones. It's not a surefire method and more potent evil spirits would not be discouraged, but my methods improve the general quality of life as even minor evil spirits are known to plague people with curses and sickness." Well, that was the gist of that. She would explain the methodology more thoroughly if Ms Suzuko asked her to.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Feng

Normally his opponent would be faster than him and outspeed him with certainty, but when using this form of prayer, his reflexes surpassed what he is capable on his own. He propelled himself from the wall leaving an afterimage which she tried to bisect and he was ready to defend himself with a flurry of arms that bent themselves in such way that even if the swordswoman cut through some of them some of them would reach the target. But then the other swordsman bailed him out and whisked him away, interrupting the fight.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo

Whoopsie, this was a bit more troublesome than before. Just where did all this water come from anyways, her *** ?

Anyways, he had no times for bad japes.  He charged and stomped the floor with his legs as quickly as he could, and burst upwards with a jet-like vortex of flame that coiled like a serpent. It grew and grew in an instant, causing a tornado of fire and force that made him fly faster than he could even move. He spun in the air, and his entire body became flame and leather as he shielded himself with his burning coat before reaching incredible heights.

Crap, that was close, but now he had the higher ground. Could she fly? He thought not. And now the pillar of flame he was riding was drawing ever closer to his target to incinerate her like a deadly firenado.

"Hahahahahahahahah! Not bad, isn't it? Maybe you should've brought some sunscreen first!!" He boomed with laughter.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:11:26 AM by francobull3 »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Butler

Carefully, he took a seat opposite of hers and hummed. "So you are content, but if the wind leads you somewhere worth pursuing, you will follow it? A simple idea perhaps, but not one the common man should feel the need to reproach. Yet, from the way you speak, you must have left much behind when drawn into this world. Was that gale one you can simply accept being carried by? Even with ambitions blown away and bonds scattered, were you not invested to pull on the sails and decide which wind to follow?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Blackmore

Blackmore crossed his arms and nodded sassily before looking around as if looking for something. Thankfully, he found the object of his desires. Without wasting breath, he just walked over to the still mostly intact couch and laid down on it, crossing his legs over the table and used the remote controller in order to turn on the tv.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

A blast of wind was her only warning.  However, she wasted the time staring wide eyed at the spot where the man once stood.  Instinctively, she held up a cross block, shielding her face.  At the same time, she bent her knees, allowing her to stand her ground.  Even so, she was struck with great force, causing her bones to crack.  She flew backwards, striking the ground with a thud.

Keeping her distance was likely pointless at this point, but she needed to give her arms time to heal.  At least the holes were gone.  With a quick flourish of her back, she jumped onto her feat.  Then, she shook her head, gesturing to Mitsu that they should be more defensive.  Although, judging on how she fought so far, it was likely the obvious tactic for her.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Grigori

Interesting but wasteful. Too much flame and too slow a buildup. The air sang around her and she began to float into the air as well, every drop that she had summoned congealing around her. Then the earth did as well, tearing up from under her floating body as she rose.

The earthen chunks were fired off at great speeds towards the point of origin of the firestorm. It didn't matter if they melted. She would just encase him in the molten rock. Then she finally began to call forth more water, compressing it into an orb the size of a marble. Enough water went into it that in comparison the serpent was small. It was far harder to evaporate such a thing with so little surface area.

And then she fired that up too, hiding it behind some of the rocks as she shored up her own barrier with water. She could last a fair bit under fire, meanwhile the sudden grasping surge of water that would erupt around the starting point of the flames would be rather effective.

Suzuko

She hummed and considered the information. "This does sound good; however, I hope a more direct demonstration is not out of the question? Evidence becomes rather important when you are incapable of perceiving the forces that are supposed to be manipulated."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo

The best, she was absolutely his best opponent yet! No one had made his heart sing so for years, for being pushed to his limits in a battle of magic reminded him too much of that man. The trauma would have once shattered his spirit, but no more would he bend the knee to fear. He would conquer it and himself, and show her which one of them was the better.

He didn't care losing to anyone. Had it been anyone else, he'd be fine with losing to a beautiful woman. But he wouldn't lose to her, he wouldn't lose to himself!

And as he avoided stone upon stone with graceful movements that radiated splendor, his mana boiled and sang before he shone like a star, sending a blast of flame all around him so mighty it burned and crumbled the earth. Even if he lacked sheer irresistible heat, the force of his full-power blasts was enough to sunder even the thickest stone walls. He was burning down his reserves considerably, but he didn't care. This duel was a dance he could not perform unrestrained.

But once all stones were shattered, he caught a glimpse of it, the faintest aquamarine marble. No, she was slow. How could she be one step ahead of him!? Damn, of course, he should have known. Even now, he realized the two were too similar. She had yet to attack him directly.

He couldn't help but laugh heartily before letting out a primal roar, and unleashing a fireball against the torrent of water that was immediately thawed. However, the blast of its explosion was enough to parry the blast, even momentarily, and launch the skeletal pirate even higher in the air at the expense of his ribs and cranium. Some of the water was not completely blocked and crashed right into his body, weakened but strong enough to cause him damage.

His flames would endure, however.

Her attack was not the only indirect one. His pillar had already carved a fire large enough around the mage. As he launched dozens of birds down on her to carpet bomb her, the flames surrounding her shifted immediately and a massive maw of fire erupted around her, the upper body of a burning whale engulfing her in a matter of seconds.

The moment its mouth shut, her fate would be sealed and it would explode, something that would be dangerously close to happen if she tried to carve it from the inside as well.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Liam

"Your boss, huh? Now who're you sayin' that is? Where do we find him?" That didn't let this fella off the hook exactly, but he'd play at leniency until the coward spilled his guts. "And who's he got working for him besides you?"

He motioned for Molly to let the guy go. And winked.

The Dude

The man was quivering as Molly let go of him. "It's just me and Jimmy." He said. "Please don't do anything to him, he's a good kid. Only wants to make a living and move to a better part of town. He doesn't deserve this, please." The man sounded desperate.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

The redhead smiled as she considered the question, taking another sip of the delightfully cool tea before answering.

"Certainly, if it's somewhere I want to go," Emily admitted, expression dimming a little, "But the wind carrying me here wasn't one I had a choice about in the first place, and it mattered not how I tried to change my course, thus far it's been to no avail. Perhaps it's selfish of me to ask, but have you had any luck along those lines?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

visevv

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Antonia San Nicolas

Antonia bit her lip, so as to prevent herself from spouting a stream of curse words and other unsightly phrases. If it was one thing she was to retain throughout this fight, it was to be her dignity. Really, she thought the battle was ever so slightly unfair; in her world, there was no need for these fancy gadgets and supernatural ability because they weren't fighting each other, they were fighting monsters.

Of course, this was her wounded pride speaking, along with some of the burns she sustained. She was going to learn some new tricks if she was to survive the Nexus.

"It was a good fight," Antonia said, extending a hand of peace. Though, her tone was tainted by bitterness. "And your skills are quite... impressive."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Butler

He apologetically though lightly inclined his head.

"No, forgive me if I sound conceited. I have known where my path leads for a long time, and I will follow it regardless of the circumstances I am thrust into," Butler said, nodding firmly. "Whether the Khasim or the Simoom, I do not go adrift in them. That is why I asked, but your perspective is certainly not alien to me."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liseth

Ughhhhh. Why was Sakura making this so much more difficult! She would have stamped her foot on the ground if that wasn't such an embarrassing thing to actually do. "I was trying to be helpful! Just, here, take this." She pulled a small piece of paper and handed it to him. It felt right that he should know?

"Alright, Mr. Barthow. You can leave and take your investigation somewhere else." Then she just turned around and looked at Sakura with a bit of a pout and frustration.

Grigori

Sometimes, it was simply easier to go with the flow. The crushing pressure and heat merely meant that she allowed the earth to swallow her up. Then it was time to move. Shifting without a trace under thick ash and dirt as she held her breath.

And when she could not stay under any longer she rose along with the the covering of ash. A mass of it that blasted forwards, uncaring of heat. There was nothing left to burn after all, but it could smother a flame well enough.

Meanwhile her barrier only cooled and kept her safe with a secondary one of water. This was getting rather fun. She rarely got to weave her magic into so many materials before.

Erica

Hmm. It was most likely necessary to intervene now. Erica floated up behind Noel and rested a hand on her shoulder. "The comparison is harsh, Noel. There are not many that can match you even when not serious. Perhaps you and I should do something else?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Henry

He didn't know whether to feel relieved or frustrated with the outcome, but it was certain that his presence was increasingly out of place here, and a lucky break had just appeared. The detective wasn't the type to ignore that, even if it meant leaving things off for later.

Silver lining. He wasn't leaving empty-handed.

"Sorry for the bother," he said, shoving the paper deep into his pockets. With a stiff, thankful nod, he moved to leave.