Author Topic: CE 3.0 2017-2018  (Read 27581 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Henry

He held back the jolt that threatened its way down his back. Joeson's words took the background in contrast to the uneasy appearance of the figure of dread they had been discussing, making Henry's brow jitter and his body turn and step away from the wall.

"And didn't your mama teach you coercing people was bad?" He asked, stepping to stand by Joe's shoulder.

They had to drag the conversation. It was difficult to know how exactly he was planning to respond to the circumstances, and there was realistically no way the detective could detain him by force alone. And how the blazes had someone his size gotten close without either of them hearing or seeing anything?

"I know of you. And you've avoided getting the law drawing a bead on you so far. I hope that's not what you're here for."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:43:17 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"Ahh, you mean I should propel you with one of my projectiles? If you are sure you are okay with this, then I will do it." Anastasia waited for the priest's confirmation. It seemed like they would assassinate one of them. She really didn't care that their target was a woman. If she was the source of that menacing aura, then her sworn duty was to aid in her elimination, for the greater good of the community. The wizard focused her energy in order to create ice constructs to propel Leo forward. I will fire off the spell on your signal She mentally communicated with her ally.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Rikuyo

Morning, the next day

Man, such a shame that the fight got interrupted, Rikuyo reflected on her most recent clash that got interrupted by the authorities. She could adapt to nerve gas by upgrading her body, but that destroyed whole point of her fight against this Costin vampire. She would gain advantage in power, stamina or speed and that wasn't what they agreed for. So she tried to retreat from the poison but in the confusion she lost the track of her opponent. What a bother.

Now to think about, she really have changed in recent months. All those false memories installed in her head muddled up and washed away, her quite formless self took on a quite definite shape. Her self proclaimed identity as a reincarnation of one of Firstborn might have been just byproduct of tapping too much into the symbolic representation of wolves from that realm to which her soul was connected but what was really the difference? She had those memories, so she might have been as well a real deal.

Rikuyo was inside a not too shabby apartment, watching TV. What was surprising was the fact that she didn't steal this apartment. Shocking, but she actually earned it. Kinda. In not exactly legal way. Few hours after her fight against Costin got interrupted she stumbled on a turf war between gangs, one of them led by a supernatural who put up some fight. Not bad. While the gang leader's corpse was still cooling, the other gang offered her reward for her deed, partly also out of fear that they could be next. Well, a gift was a gift and if they wanted to placate such destructive god with a tribute, then she could spare them on a whim. As long as they didn't neglect sending in all the ramen they could procure, they would stay (relatively) safe and sound. If they ate her tribute, than she would just devour them and get her ramen anyway.

When the announcement aired, all she cared about was this promise of tough fights. She couldn't care less about the 'mystery prize'. She would just join it for the heck of it. Unfortunately, the announcement wasn't very informative? No rules mentioned at all? Did it mean she could just go wild and kill all challengers or they just omitted rules in the announcement. Gotta find it then! The redhaired woman decided to rush out and investigate it. The door were in a way, so she just kicked them away out of hinges, unable to just open them like a civilized person. Someone maybe would repair them, but she didn't care about that as much as about the food. Stadium, eh? She would go there unless something distracted her on the way. And considering the state of this city, such development was very likely.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mitsuba

"It's funny you only now became interested in my true form. It's the original body of mine, before I started disguising myself as a human." She hoped she wouldn't drill her too much about her origins and just let her go change into the human form.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Leo I

Using the ice as a platform, the priest launched himself towards the couple.  As his feet left the platform, he felt an overwhelming propulsion almost throwing him.  The resulting velocity sent shockwaves through the immediate area, shattering windows that he passed along his way.  If everything went well, the entire weight of his body would connect with the girls, instantly sending her back to the hell from which she was spawned.  They could take care of the other man afterwards.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

The man's voice sent an actual visible chill up Joe's spine.  Time seemed to freeze as he slowly turned his head to face the man known as "Blackmore."  Thankfully, he still had his phone out, so while they were talking, he ran down the contact list on his phone and clicked on a precipitant.  Unfortunately, R and S are right next to each other on the alphabet, so he was unsure which one he texted.  However, he managed to send one word.

Help.

"Umm, im sorry," he mumbled right as his eyes met Blackmore's.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Blackmore (past)

Blackmore shook his head and laughed at the two youngsters. "Extorsion? Please, why would I extort a pathetic weakling like him? That would just be sloppy. You know better than anyone I wouldn't do something unless I had something to gain out of it." He hunched his massive back and pointed at Joe with a huge grin on his face, not breaking eye contact the whole time.

What did he plan to do with that phone anyways? It's not like he came here to kill them.If he did, he would've just used it.

"On the contrary, I saved this man's life. With that in mind, I was pretty shocked at what I overheard. I wouldn't have showed up if he just ratted on me, that's only logical. Weaklings must rely on the strong in order to survive, I get that. But to think you'd actually lie to out dear friend detective over here... You've got some pretty rotten guts boy, I like that..."

He clapped for his good friend, all in good humor. "I'm not here to hurt anyone, if I was I wouldn't have announced myself in the first place now would I? I just hate being betrayed, and I hate liars even more. You should know that better than anyone, don't you? Detective?"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:20:52 AM by francobull3 »

Thedoctor

Neptune

"Thank you for the praise, I really appreciate it." She said sincerely. This Salmons was a good person of that there was no doubt. The skeleton on the other hand...

Poke.

Her divine sword poked his bony frame, one and twice and three times. "Aren't you going to say something Lorenzo?" She asked as she poked him.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Henry

The policeman shoved his hands into his pockets and took a deep breath.

"I don't know about that," he said, looking up at the laughing beast of a man before him. If Joe had omitted or disrupted any information, now was not the time to question it. "If you're telling the truth, what are you going to do with all that hate, and why are you telling us about it? Just wanted to warn the poor guy?"

His experienced posture remained stone-like even as he looked for one of his secondary phones in his clothes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:32:46 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

As Sakura approached him, intending to take the money out of his hand by one means or another, she noticed him slice through the shadow binding his hand with a knife, before the same knife transformed into a sword, cutting the shadows binding his legs as well.

Oh, no! Sakura thought, realising that she could be in real danger here if he was able to escape and attack her at close range.

Immediately, she used the shadow still binding his hand to attempt to throw him into a wall. At the same time, she created several more shadow tendrils, firing several at each limb so as to restrain him after he was slammed into the wall. Whilst he was distracted by the attack, she created several small shadow familiars, sending one away from the battle as a backup plan for escaping whilst she sent the other to move behind him, doing her best to keep it hidden from his sight.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"..."

He could suddenly feel a powerful presence looming around. Even while they were casually speaking, he was wary as ever, but he noticed from the rooftop that they were being followed. He didn't turn his head, but his eyes followed them all the same. All of a sudden, his body burst into motion without any warning and dashed past the woman, and before anyone could turn their heads ta booming shock-wave swept everything and everyone away.

Anything around the two powerful beings was blown away by violent gusts of wind, and when the dust cleared two massively imposing figures were revealed in their clash, their fists connected and matched evenly while surrounded by frozen shards.

He glared as he swung his fists forth with a suddenly powerful momentum, knocking both back a few feet as he reconnected his posture to a combative stance, his body more than capable to match his foe's.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:02:54 AM by francobull3 »

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
Sera

Sera's eyes widened.  This girl had so much energy.  "W-wha?" she shrieked, stumbling back a bit.  "I can't do that! I just got here!  How would I even know what I can do?"

Nero

"Lass, nobody knows what they can do. You just do it, if you waste all your time thinking about it, you're never going to get started!"

The empress beamed at the girl, slowly extending her hand like she was trying not to scare away a cat.

"For now, just follow my lead, you can take your time finding out about yourself while we explore! It's a whole new world, and it's here just for us! Get excited, lass!"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

This was all pretty strange.  He expected the man to attack him, or at least slap the phone out of his hand.  However, it seemed he really was here just to scold him for lying.  This trespasser who endorsed the threats of a killer, participated in territory wars and felt the need to stalk him even after he left was seriously not interested in trying to kill or at least punish him?  At the very least, he expected something more than a theatrical scolding.

"Huh?" he asked.  That was all he could contribute to the conversation.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Blackmore (past)

Blackmore scoffed, oh my. What a silly duo, he almost felt sorry for barging in so suddenly. Almost. He crossed his legs and pressed his hand against the wall at a rather elongated angle, his pose as casual as it could get.

"Pffft, you know me. As if I'd pass the chance to sass you. And I get to scare the living shit out of some poor fool? Heck yeah!" He grinned from ear to ear before lighting up a cigarette from his pocket and taking a big puff right in the middle of the apartment.

"Honestly, I feel bad for all you poor policemen stuck in your position. The way you all desperately try to enforce some idea of peace and order in this shithole just makes my little heart ache. But yknow, let's say that the weak try to make a miracle, and the strong try to keep that miracle from happening... wouldn't that just make this pretend fight in the name of the law pretty pointless?"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:19:49 AM by francobull3 »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Henry

Henry grumbled, and drew a zippo lighter from his left pocket. His other hand still rummaged in the other when he glared at Blackmore. "You're wrong on two points, to start with," he said.

The metal contraption ignited a flame, and was raised along with his other hand to set a cigarette afire on the detective's lips.

"Miracles don't exist. Nothing wrong in working for one, but don't belittle our efforts with your crap. Second. This fight isn't for the law. The law is what's fighting, for people's safety."