Author Topic: CE 3.0 2017-2018  (Read 24827 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Grigori

"That does sound useful, some sort of indirect debilitation, perhaps. I've considered using a numbing effect before. All the strength in the world doesn't mean anything if you can't feel your arms and legs. Perhaps we should look into something like that, Olga." Looking up at her apprentice as she considered possible applications.

Olga Marie

Olga perked up and smiled, giggling a bit before blushing. "Yeah." She finally said. "It can be pretty useful against random people, and I'm sure there are monsters here who are naturally freakishly strong. Not having to incant is a big benefit."

Olga paused.

"Thank you." She said simply

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
The Elites

The hound glared at the wall of fire, his veins grew out of his forehead and he dashed from one side while the vampire cursed. This was too dangerous, but they wouldn't let them get away this easily. The problem was her weakness to fire...

She'd fall back. No matter, he would pick up the weight. The least she could do was report back to HQ. Their hound could handle himself well enough, him and the other...

Okami took the streets and chased while Safira took the rooftops in an opposite direction. Meanwhile, a third man of older appearance tipped his hat, revolvers to the hip and rifle pointed down. He sighed at the whole scene. "My my, so this is how it's gonna be..." He clicked his tongue, aimed his rifle and fired a magical bolt from two kilometers away, sending it flying right in their track so they'd meet headfirst with a devastating explosion.

Jealter

Jeanne laughed and continued harassing them both with fire, waving her hands as if she were a conductor and with a big smile on her face. Then, the pale woman sensed something magical incoming. "Useless!" She yelled, blasting the bolt with her fire.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Grigori

"Hm? There is nothing to be thankful for. I took you on as an apprentice because you had talent. You have nothing to thank besides your own abilities. Your potential and the fact that you work to fulfill it makes you worth my time." Keeping her gaze focused on Olga. "It is as simple as that."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Olga Marie

"Anyway, we should really work on setting up a real workshop. This building is adequete but I feel we could do much better. Making sure we're invincible in our base should be our top priority!" Olga looked away from Grigori, blushing.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Grigori

She nodded, unbothered by the sudden shift in subject. "Yes, we'll want to vastly increase the durability of this building so that it can weather an actual attack. Everything else is secondary to that. Afterwards, we can focus more on expanding our own capabilities and creating tools to use against intruders."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Olga Marie

Olga nodded. "I agree, but I also think some familars would be highly useful as well. They could help keep the surrounding area clear and do menial tasks. Just basic ones, although we should work towards procuring some vats to grow homunculi."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:44:12 AM by Sinib »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Grigori

"That's also something to consider. I could make a few golems. Producing a multitude of them is simple with a few continuous spells going on at once, and if they're expendable it's especially easy. Do you wish to divvy up the workload or focus on one with both our efforts." She reached over to the the well of mana in the room, the containment and draining array she had set up previously this day.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Olga Marie

"Golems are good, but some variety would be nice. In my experience they tend to be rather dumb. I like to use cats, personally. People don't ever question why a cat's decided to glare at them. It's the perfect familar!"

Marie cleared her throat. "I'd like to work together, if that's fine. I think learning more about each other's styles would be benefical." Plus an exercize in trust would be good too.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Grigori

"Ah, you must have dealt with some simple creations then. A golem can easily be as intelligent as any animal and look the part of one, but more importantly as they are constructed with arrays you can imbue them with continuous spells as well."

She shook her head. "Regardless, it makes no great difference to me. More variety will undoubtedly make it harder to exploit a flaw in our defenses."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Olga Marie

"Yeah, exactly! Plus cats are cute. I could start working on more permanent fields that have more passive effects, it's pretty clear yours are superior to mine in terms of at least defense. I'll work on stuff that will weaken our enemies if they ever try to intrude."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lucy

"I'm just enjoying the atmosphere. Love is in the air, mana everywhere, and interesting things popping up all over the place." If her good friend was already going to take a crack at the guy Lucy decided that it couldn't hurt to add her own spin to things.

The Messengers reached out, exploiting this moment of weakness to ease the man's mind into the thinking. After all, the aftermath would leave him questioning why he felt this way. But she really wondered if that would still be the case if she pushed in a thought here or there, simplifying the transition. People did coincidental things all the time, staring for a bit or meeting someone's eyes. It only took a few stray thoughts and changes to make it seem as if there might have been some slight lustful inclinations before.

Then she simply relaxed and let her aura do its work for her. If he ended up doing anything especially untoward well, it would feel good no matter what.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

Medaka shrugged and said, "I am not sure.  I've been feeding everyday, but the one who turned me did not actually tell me how much I need.  I assume it is similar to food for humans."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Swims-With-Salmons

"Is it illegal? Did I break any law? Jokes aside, if I planned to do something aggressive, either you wouldn't notice me until it was too late or my intentions would be telegraphed enough that you would notice me much earlier." Probably the second. She wasn't born under the phase of moon that made her kind exceptional at stalking.

She noticed that the man could manifest a weapon from thin air. A curious and certainly useful kind of magic. Their nature clear to her, she just decided to blend in and spin a story that she usually sold when meeting such type of people.

"Anyway, I'm a wizard, mage, sorceress, whichever name you use to describe people like you and me. I'm also here to keep tabs on whoever has that large signature of magical energy." The only thing she concealed was that fact that she was a werewolf. But the rest of her story was true and should have passed any magic that detected outright lies. A truth was a truth after all, as long as there was no outright lie.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"You have a really slothful mentor, it looks like. Whatever are her reasons for not telling you, such basics should have been covered. Alright, I will tentatively assume you need blood everyday. Then, what's your attitude towards killing large monsters and wild animals for blood? That's what I'd do in your place. No dilemmas to tackle, and you could readily say that you're doing the society favor by controlling the animal population or eliminating threats to the society."

The wizard already grasped what could be a source of problems for her disciple: people taking umbrage at her feeding from humans, even if that was consensual. So she preemptively offered an advice that could benefit her.

Thedoctor

Molly

He was so half assed about this whole thing, it was almost a bit disappointing. She'd just have to give him an extra push it seemed. "Are you too shy to push them apart yourself and take me?" She stopped resisting him physically and instead opted for the verbal route.