Author Topic: CE 3.0 2017-2018  (Read 27022 times)

Thedoctor

Lizzie

This just wasn't worth it.

The sudden appearance and subsequent demise of the familiar that had clearly been sent there to spy was the tipping point for her. Nothing would be gained from fighting here in this place and they couldn't stay without it becoming one.

The Godslayer turned around and began walking to the exit, knocking the table they'd been eating over as she made way for herself.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Aurelia

"Well, if you need it I'll help you. But it would probably be better to find an actual mage if it requires that..." She trailed off a bit, trying to think if there had been anyone like that around here. "But it probably won't be that hard to do."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Pavarti

Whew, that was close. She seems like a good sort of girl. The purple haired girl smiled. "Thanks. You said you're a scholar, so you know how to draw a circle, I assume." Pavarti walked over behind the girl and looked over her sholder and make sure she didn't make a mistake. "After you draw one, just put a little bit of blood into it."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

Joe found himself smiling at Jeanne's comment, though his grin was overshadowed by the bright red slowly heating up his face.  Even so, he rushed after the ball, catching it as it bounced off the wall and into his hand.  "Also, thats called a rebound," he said, feeling just a bit smug getting the ball from the superwoman.  It probably wouldn't be long before she picked things up......maybe.

He looked at Jeanne, then back at Sakura and sighed.  Ugh!  The whole plan was to see if anyone else hanging around the rec center wanted to play, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea right now, he thought returning his gaze to Jeanne.  His original plan was to show off the one thing he had over her: social skills.  When Jeanne showed up, he thought he could do a team match against her, but now that idea was down the drain.

"Well, I guess that works for now," he said, passing the ball to Sakura.  "For now, lets make sure you guys have the basics."  He pointed his finger at the white lines surrounding the basket.  "The outer line is for 3 pointers and behind that semicircle is where you can try for two pointers."

He walked over to the white lines at the edge of the court.  "If you pass these lines, you are out of bounds and the ball goes to the other team, same as the other rules."  He could tell they just wanted to get to the game, but he felt pretty good explaining something, even though he already explained the games.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"At very least I need to explain what we're going to do next. At this stage you can basically perceive the spiritual nature of the world. You cannot control magic and you should not to handle it. It's akin to trying to grasp sword by blade. Except you don't know even with what kind of weapon you should practice. There are diverse types of magic and you might not have affinity for my particular subset. So at this stage, we got to perform further tests. Do you have money? We might need to shop through stores for ingredients for my tests. And you already owe me reparations for my windows, do not forget that."

So she really didn't give up, after all. She simply used the property damage as a leverage to make her feel obliged to fund her esoteric examinations. Unless Medaka shifted the burden on a third party.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Elizabeth

"Ahahaha, well Lu Lu, I just can't help myself you know. It's hilarious when they just run away like cowards from embarrasment, don't you think!" Elizabeth watched the girl leave, wondering if she'd rise to the provocation or if she really was a coward.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura and Shirou

Sakura gave the girl a sheepish smile.

"Well, my magic is naturally difficult to track, so I thought a normal familiar would be fine", she replied. "Anyway, at least we've learnt something about her abilities, and she wasn't doing anything particularly unusual as far as I could tell, so I don't think it's a big problem."

"And, yes, of course you can take a look. It should be fine, though, I've had to do this before when spying on more sensitive targets", she added.

Then, Sakura got to work, focussing on creating a familiar which would leak as little mana as possible, using the Matou trait of absorption that had been carved into her body by Zouken.

"Thank you for offering to assist us. That woman seems like she could be dangerous, we need to find out more about her", he said. "How close do you need to be to listen to what she's saying? If we can listen from a safe distance, it would be very helpful."

As she spoke, a small shadow familiar was forming on Sakura's hand, emitting barely any magical signature at all. All of the magical energy it emitted was being absorbed into Sakura's shadow dimension, using the absorbtion magic of the Matou to her benefit.

"Here you go", she said with a smile. "How's this?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:39:36 PM by Cherry Lover »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

Once again, Medaka nodded.  "Of course!" she exclaimed with a smile, her tone perky, like she was having fun.  "I would not break your windows if I couldn't repair them.  I have plenty of money that I can use to purchase ingredients."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Olga Marie of House Animusphere

"I think they'll be over here..." Olga told Grigori as she led her towards the supposed destination.

Olga had been constructing bounded fields with her teacher, Grigori, and her newly constructed wide-range detection field had picked up somebody appearing out of nowhere in the vicinity of their base, well within the bounds of the field. It seemed to be a reasonably powerful mage as well, so they'd decided to go investigate.

Eventually, they found an extremely pale, short girl standing in the street, looking sort of perplexed. Olga stopped, letting Grigori make the first move.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"Just don't break any windows again in first place. It really shows your almost complete lack of discipline. If I you want to hear my honest assessment: you do care when someone's life is at stake, but outside dangerous situations you're careless and quite absentminded. I can trust you with my life, but I wish I could trust my property with you."

The girl didn't hold back when it came to phrasing her opinions, as usual. Such lack of order just grated on someone who was very big on fitting into the wider community and finding her place in a hierarchical society.

"It's not just me who will complain about the broken window. Neighbors, pedestrians, the landlord, people who will have to clean up the shards. We may get fined for littering in addition to any costs you will have to bear to repair it."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

Medaka shrank a little bad, finally starting to feel bad for her actions.  Perhaps she was being a bit selfish.  There were others here besides her and Anastaisa.  Perhaps it was wrong to let loose so carelessly.  Besides, it didn't appear the girl was having fun, contrary to her intent.

"I have a proposal then," she said, looking back at the window.  "How about I repair that right now while you go grab some ingredients?  I promise it will be as good as new when you get home!"

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
Costin

The dog would've flushed to the point it turned red at the sudden petting, and for a while she was completely flabbergasted. Then, she howled with such malice a man might break in two by hearing her.

"͡͡҉̛̛D̴̡O҉̸Ņ̨'̶͟͜T҉̢ ̴͜F̕͢Á̷͟C̢̕͘Ķ̨͘̕͝I͏̸͢͡N̶̴G͡ ̡̛Ţ̸͟͠͝O̴̷̴U̢͘͢͞C̢͠H̷̕͜͝ ̨͘͢Ḿ̢E̶̢͘͘͟!͜͏"̢͜

Despite that, her tail was wagging pleasantly. She looked like she'd almost tear his heart out, but she wasn't moving or doing anything really, just wagging there in complete submission.

Hmph. How rude, how dare he touch her without her permission. Well, it was fine now. He may pet.

Coppelius

"Haha, i think i got you figured out now. There, there"

The boy's cold, porcelaine hand kept snuggling the dog's head; a distant onlooker might even see this as a peaceful image in this chaotic city.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Sigurd

VROOOOOOM!

It was the sound of a motorcycle taking off down the street.  Two motorcyclists were racing each other nearby, their voices only barely muffled by their roaring engines.  It was strange.  All of these young people wasted their time trying to move so quickly, but what was the point?  No matter how fast you move, you always end up in the same place.

An old man sat on the concrete, his back propped up against the wall of a building, watching the events unfold.  The two kids yelled at each other as they weaved through those screaming metal death traps called cars.  It was interesting at least, much better than watching his fellow homeless men piss about with pointless drama.  That was the strange thing.  No matter how old you get and no matter what class you belong to, humans were always ready to fight.

But not him, not anymore.

He closed his eyes, extending his consciousness to the world around him.  He could feel the tires rubbing up against the concrete, a streak of rubber being painted onto the road as one of the biker’s suddenly hit the breaks.  He could feel the wind caressing their skin and could see their race through the eyes of a bird passing by.  The one who had hit the brakes had taken a turn to the right, taking a different path than his opponent.

The two were neck and neck, each respective racer shouting profanities and claiming that they will win the race.  In the end, they were too busy shouting at each other to notice the truck coming up in front of them.

The biker that took the shortcut slammed on the brakes once more, tattooing the ground with a thick sheet of black.  The other biker was no so lucky.  He too slammed on the brakes, but far too late, causing him to slam into the truck.  Sigurd could hear bones crack, though it sounded more like fractures than bones outright breaking.  The man fell to the ground, screaming in pain.

The old man opened his eyes, detaching himself from the world around him.  That outcome was predictable.  The energy of the young is precious but arrogant.  If they had respected the world, it would have been a bit softer in kind.  He turned his head, glancing at his “home.”

But maybe not.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:17:41 AM by yinsukin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Sera

Sera's eyes widened, her jaw dropping as the man sunk his fingers into the table, his hands untouched.  He didn't even flinch either.  He was clearly vary strong.  "Ooohh," she gasped, looking around.  No one seemed to care too much, making it clear that this sort of thing was normal.  He looked like he checked out, but she still felt.... distrusting.

"Well...I..." she pressed her fingers together, looking down at the hole in the counter.  She had to show him something.  "I can see souls."

Raikou

He made an amused sound of understanding from behind his slightly parted lips. "That a fact. So what does my soul look like?" He asked, inwardly questioning if it would look brilliant or bloodied. "Or do you mean the dead? Are you haunted by them? I've known some people with a talent who had a rough time that way."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:25:00 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Sera

"I can see either," she said, a slight giggle escaping her lips.  "But most people forget that a soul is unaging, provided it is not damaged.  Your body is irrelevant."

As she gazed into Ray's body, she couldn't help but be taken back.  The shape of his soul was almost like a work of art, a perfect embodiment of duality.  Part of it was tainted with a design associated with death, the other a pure, almost angelic light.  She leaned back in her seat, as if moving just a few inches away from her would prevent her from tainting the delicate balance of his soul.

"W-what are you?!"