Author Topic: CE 3.0 2017-2018  (Read 24601 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Raikou

"There are plenty of people who never asked for God or the Devil to meddle with their deaths," he said through an unnecessarily deep breath. "They didn't ask for you either."

Short of accusation or prejudice, simply heavy with the weight of personal belief and a heart that still considered itself human, his eyes pierced into her like beacons.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:27:28 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Sigurd

The second the girl was out of sight, the pathetic old man began eating his bacon.  The fats seeping into his tongue brought the tears back and with the girl gone, he could cry without worrying about any onlookers.  So he did, letting out small muffles in between munching on the eggs and bacon. 

There was no way he would be able to eat all of this food in one sitting, so he would have to guard it.  If he doesn't they will be taken by the creatures of the night.  Of course, that brought up another issue.  The creatures that come out at night would likely multiply, meaning he would have to fight hard to keep this bittersweet gift.

At that thought, he let out a sigh.  Young ones were so well meaning, but often short sighted.

"Sir, are you alright? Do you need somewhere to stay for the night?" A voice called out, seemingly directed at him.

The old man's head shifted side to side, scanning for other people she may have been talking to.  He pointed at himself and asked, "Are you referring to me?"  She couldn't be talking to him.  Why would she be talking to a weird old man sitting next to a pile of bacon crying like a baby?

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

Joe frowned, tighting the grip he had on Sakura in particular.  Jesus... I thought the hug would comfort her, but it looks like it made it worse... he thought to himself.  Even so, it made him feel better and her heart warming comment warmed his heart.  Of course, just as she cradled his sense of self, Jeanne tore it down.

He dipped his head, his grip on the two rapidly weakening.  "Yeah... I know," he said, grimacing as he thought about his own weakness.  "I know i'm not as strong as you two, and i'll never be as strong as you two, especially you Jeanne."

He released his grip on the two, attempting to pull back.  "I am happy you'll accept more challenges, but I know I won't win.  Its only fun for me because your so absurd.  It lets me go as over the top as I want and you won't get hurt you know?  I don't know....  I don't think I was trying to prove my strength, maybe just prove myself."

But she could be right.  Maybe I was taking the showing off too far.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Prism

She nodded, not bothered at all by the man's appearance or the situation at all. "Yeah, I am. I don't live too far from here. Do you wanna come? You can't bring the breakfast pile over there but I can cook you something."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Thugkura

It had only taken a bit after that to get to the vault and shove everything into her shadow. Now they were just lounging about in a house that they'd borrowed, the big pile of loot disgorged onto the center of the living room as Sakura lazed about in a chair. "Not the worst haul I ever got. But it definitely wasn't worth getting hounded by those police. Gotta do something them."

Jealter

Jeanne was fucking around with the loot, a big smile on her face. "I wouldn't say it was really annoying Sakura. I thought killing that joker was pretty fun myself. Plus I totally won our competition, didn't I?" She picked up a shiney golden watch and tossed it at her master. "Whaddyathink?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Joe

Joe frowned, tighting the grip he had on Sakura in particular.  Jesus... I thought the hug would comfort her, but it looks like it made it worse... he thought to himself.  Even so, it made him feel better and her heart warming comment warmed his heart.  Of course, just as she cradled his sense of self, Jeanne tore it down.

He dipped his head, his grip on the two rapidly weakening.  "Yeah... I know," he said, grimacing as he thought about his own weakness.  "I know i'm not as strong as you two, and i'll never be as strong as you two, especially you Jeanne."

He released his grip on the two, attempting to pull back.  "I am happy you'll accept more challenges, but I know I won't win.  Its only fun for me because your so absurd.  It lets me go as over the top as I want and you won't get hurt you know?  I don't know....  I don't think I was trying to prove my strength, maybe just prove myself."

But she could be right.  Maybe I was taking the showing off too far.

Sakura Matou

"Just because I'm good at magic and Jeanne's a servant doesn't mean you're any less amazing! I'll bet you that you'd beat Jeanne in any math competition. Everyone has their strengths."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Sigurd

The old man looked at the pile, then back at the girl, tilting his head the second his weary eyes made contact.  Everything in the world had a price, but this one seemed too easy.  On one hand, he had to leave this kind gift.  On the other, he was being offered shelter and something else to eat.  With such a light cost, he couldn't help but wonder.

"Why are you helping me?"

In a way, that girl's reaction from earlier was entirely typical.  Homeless men were not typical to the nexus.  Those who were alive were considered an anomaly, a dangerous one at that.  It was strange that she would cook for him, let alone invite him into her house.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Sera

There was a pause.  Sera's glare could no longer take his and she looked down at the floor.  After a few seconds, she faced his powerful gaze once more.  "Then I can't be any worse!  You talk like you are sure its those figures.."

She was trying really hard to maintain her voice.  Her legs were still shaking, perhaps even more so now.  She wasn't used to this sort of confrontation, at least, not while they still had a working body.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Raikou

Because angels and demons with big plans in their obsolete celestial skulls never shut the fuck up about those two.

"Not being worse doesn't make you any better. So why do you do the same?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Prism     

"Huh?" What a weird kind of question to ask. These flesh people could be really strange. "Helping people is just common sense. Are you coming?"

She held out her hand for him to grab.

Thugkura

Sakura caught the watch and grimaced. "Fire is cheating and you know it! Besides, I don't want to deal with these fuckers all the time. We need to find a way to deal with them."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Swims-With-Salmons

An emissary from the spirits relayed the information to her. They couldn't gather very detailed information due to the fact that remaining inconspicious was explicitly the priority, but she learned a basic facts: this fiend was on the ship of someone she knew and just murdered her fleeting acquaintance. Her fingers started twitching when she learned of that, and her rage was tempered by the realization that she couldn't easily get on the ship. Otherwise she would charge straight into fray and not care much about who was on her way.

"Someone... just died. I give no shit whoever she is. A murder of innocent is a murder of innocent. Especially if it's a familiar face." Facing corrupted sea monsters was probably less rage inducing than the situation she faced. If the couple were normal, they probably would be offput by the emotional aura she emanated now.

"I'm not going forgive even if I only knew that person for hours. The only thing that prevents me from rampaging through that ship is the question of how to get there. And my proclivity against operating alone. If you want to help me, I'll take your help, but I should probably warn you that the person who just died wasn't any weak."

They most likely needed a well thought plan and people to fill roles they couldn't perform. However, her train of thoughts was derailed by another revelation that the spirits brought belatedly. The girl apparently was saved before the worst happened. With such height, she assumed that the death was quite inevitable.

"Correction, someone who almost died. My intel isn't always impeccable."

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:18:18 AM by Kat »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"Oh, a servant? You mean more like an assistant or an apprentice? You don't dress like someone who would do chores." She adressed Parvati and then turned to Aurelia. "You mean you picked up whatever magic crystallized here? I should warn you that such source of magic should be tampered with carefully. If it backfires or explodes on you, things might escalate quickly not only to your detriment."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Shinobu

"I am the one who walk in the shadows, the ruler of the night and the one true master of mankind." She began dramatically. "You may refer to me as Shinobu if it a name you desire, but beware, names can be dangerous things if they find themselves in the wrong hands." The art of saying a lot without actually saying anything, that was something that man excelled at, oh how he went on about everything and nothing. It could drive a lesser being to the brink of insanity.

Sage

This was really very nice. Despite the clear danger and the persistent crowds this Shinobu woman's performance left Sage with a bright face. "So you rule the humans here? Sorry I couldn't get your permission first to show up then. Oh, and if you rule the night, does that mean you have a mate who rules the day?" She tilted her head this way and that with each question. "Do you have a... throne room?"

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Shinobu

The blond vampire leaned closer, grabbing the green haired girl by her chin. Her deep golden eyes regarded the newcommer with a hint of curiosity at ther latest questions. It seemed like everything like she had believed everything that had been said so far. "You are quite curious to wonder if I have a mate, and the answer to that is I do not. Are you perhaps interested in claiming me as yours?" That would surely throw the girl off track.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Sage

The druid did not flinch away from the contact; she was so unaccustomed to being attacked unprovoked that she had no reason to. Not that she was a stranger to violence or anything, but usually humans made big announcements and held swords or spears when they did and that had been a long time ago. She looked back into those pretty golden eyes and huh, why would a female as clearly dangerous and attractive as Shinobu not have a-

Her line of thought curved. "... eh?" Had Sage heard that question right? Her face was growing hotter now.  One of her hands came up to Shinobu's but didn't quite try to pull it away yet. "B-But we are both female. How could we mate?"