Author Topic: CE 3.0 2017-2018  (Read 24322 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

The warrior's eyes narrowed at the sight of her presence. What a curious girl, but gazing at her soul he could tell she was quite powerful. Even so, a wave of disgust washed over his heart the longer he looked at her. He couldn't quite tell why, but her soul reminded him of a man he detested. It was... unsightly.

The vast distance separating the two was narrowing down little by little as both stepped closer to one another, but despite being in the same arena they felt worlds apart. His eyes met her fierce ones coldly, and his voice was as piercing as a frozen blade.

"I wish to change the rules of this world and strip my world from the Gods control. My name is Vanguard, and as such I must be a vanguard who will raise the flag of liberation across the cosmos. Not a single fate must be spared, the idea that they will govern the future of my brethren a day longer is unacceptable. For that sake, I needed material and information. Humans are fickle, it's easier like this instead of trying to coerce them."

His eyes were as empty as his soul as he spoke, tainted with a hatred and madness that had been left to fester for eons. And yet, she would direct that rage upon herself and declare herself his enemy. There was no word that could fully define her foolishness.

But despite that, something incredible happened. Perhaps, it was because she reminded him of that someone, she was the one person who could draw such a bitter smile from him. In a way, it was almost derisive.

"Well, I suppose it won't matter. If I succeed, my sins will be undone and my atrocities forgiven. If I fail, the world will carry on and I will be forgotten. Either way, my fate will not change. But with a few sacrifices, perhaps the world can be saved. I can give birth to a new world."

He took another frigid step, and his face reverted back to its corpse-like emptiness. "Allow me to return the question. Why?"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:23:34 PM by francobull3 »

Link

• Spiritron
  • I don't even know arithmetic!
    • View Profile
Rikuyo

It was a bit too passive for her, she admitted deep in her heart, but she just wanted to try out something. She didn't deny the fact it was a real fight. It certainly was likely that she could be hardpressed to find such a challenge at the tournament. But.... it didn't mean she wouldn't try out stuff she envisioned in preparation for the tournament!

She has tested in practice before that she could propel away herself further with her energy blasts, but she never used that trick in both defensive and offensive way. Would she gain more momentum if she fired a stronger  attack than those small blasts at this Bey guy? She charged quickly a blast from two hands this time, aiming at his glasses incidentally.

Bey didn't expect the blast to hurt him much, so he took its energy full on the face; his sunglasses shatter into a million pieces, and, while Rikuyo is propelled backward, the vampire instead decides to skid to a halt. He stands there, absent-minded as if looking at nowhere in particular for a good three seconds. "That does it. I'm going to fuckin' kill you now." If she was going to use projectiles, so be it; he didn't plan on showing his weapon to her, but to hell with that. The girl needs one hell of a beating as revenge for his glasses. "How dare a dirty hound dare smash my glasses, you goddamn bitch..!" With an ear-piercing scream, the declaration was done, and the blood within Bey's body tightens. Thorns of solidified blood protrude from his body; his sclera turns black and his pupils bright, glowing red. And, with this transformation, so does come greater power; and, as a manner of punishing the one who murdered his vanity, he'd show she's not the only one proficient with ranged combat. Within the blink of an eye, he kicks off the ground, propelling towards his opponent, and, with a swing of his arm, three, enormous stakes of blood manifest and seek to skewer his opponent at high velocity. These spikes have more than enough power to blow a hole through a wall individually, and a single one would easily skewer an adult human in half. "Thought you could outrange me, eh? Kaahaha! You're too much too naive, kid."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

"Alright, but I'll just say that I was pushed so far to merely survive that I was enough desperate to accumulate enough energy I might have torn a rip in the fabric of the spirit world if my enemy didn't have overwhelming advantage in speed. So... if you have that much confidence in your abilities, then if things ever go from pretty bad to worse, I'll probably join the fray if I'm nearby. The best way to describe me is a medium range multi purpose support artillery. Freeze enemies, obstruct their movement with weather hazards and run errands for senior officers."

Yes, she wasn't a lone operative. But still, she wished she had an actual army to attach herself too. Beggars couldn't be choosers though, and even loose alliance would be beneficial.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Shinobu

"Big and green and scaly, roared a lot. I did not really look since I was busy leaving the place. It was a cute girl before it became a dragon, I suppose she did not like when I dropped her from the sky. Does that satisfy your curiosity?" The elder vampire drew closer as her patience finally ran out. "Now tell me what you were up to Medaka."

She used the girl's name to make a point of how serious she was. She was already annoyed before coming here and she wouldn't be denied any more fun now.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Julius

Hmm? Julius was requested to answer questions by quite frantic looking young man. "Yes, I am not really busy. How can I help you?"

Julius had plenty time on his hands after he left the bar, so it wasn't really a problem.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

The man nodded excitedly. "Yes, great! Thank you for your time, I was just wondering what you thought of the state of affairs in the Nexus. Um, or rather, my organization is."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Lizzie

It was pitiful. What he was trying to attempt, it reminded her so much of that, of past sins and of past failures. It was almost painful to look at him, but in a way it made her feel good. Because in the end, the one starring at her with those eyes, weren't herself. "The path you walk is one ripe with folly, each fruit more foul than the last."

She braved the storm that was his piercing hatred, nay she thrived in it. Compared to the the wrath of the gods of yore this was nothing but child's play, or the old man's glare when you were late for one of his lessons. No scratch that, the old man was scarier than this guy by a mile and a half.

"Having walked the heavenly path and conquered the gods I can tell you no salvation lies at the end of that road. Mankind's sin is inherent to them, it's their greatest flaw. But it's precisely because of that they're flawed that they soar far higher."

"And that is why I'm here." Her feet propelled her forward shortening the infinite distance with each step, her determination to reach him grew with every step she took, and she smiled.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Compared to his hollow glare, her smile was truly brilliant. If she was a shining sun that brought light and hope, then he was the abyss that left his steps barren of such things. Needless, pointless, and yet too beautiful for him to claim. But as she spoke, his empty gaze pierced her light.

"Very well, that is acceptable. But you will need to get far closer than that to stop me."

Suddenly, lightning roared and crawled around his frame as he kept walking. The arena trembled before the two, as if cowering before the calamity that was about to unfold. His body was nothing short of the apex of a warrior's form, to compare it to a Greek statue was no understatement.

But at the moment, his body had ceased being a mere statue and become heavenly might unbridled, erupting from his form as he summoned his weapon. There was no need for further introductions, whatever words they'd need to convey would be spoken through their clashing spirits. And so he took the first step of this dance and  readied to close the distance in a heartbeat.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Prism

She got real close to the shield, eyes filled with wonder. "Is that a kind of magic? I haven't seen anything like it before! We don't have supernatural kind of things at my home, we mostly just use our bodies and things, so stuff like this is really cool."

Aurelia

The blonde held no love for this woman, but she knew how to swallow her distaste for more pragmatic concerns. "Yes, your cooperation would be greatly appreciated, Anastasia. If what you say about this city is correct, forming defensive coalitions would be useful."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura and Shirou

Sakura looked at the girl with confusion.

"Don't you have a mobile phone?" she asked, getting out her phone as she spoke. "Or even a landline?"

"If not, then I'm not sure how we could contact you in a hurry. I suppose I could send a familiar to stay at yours and signal when I need to talk, or I could send Rider over with a message, she can move very fast and I can talk to her telepathically. Other than that I'm not really sure, we don't have any easy method of magical communication."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

In a pit of limestone open to the sky and the scorching sun, a dozen practitioners had finally finished inscribing a circle on the ground painted in blood. Hovering in the center was the shard of a weapon, reeking of demonic energies that grew as the cultists began their recitations.

Overseeing this entire endeavour was a boy and along with a young woman. The boy looked up at the woman for a moment. "Sanda, why are we doing this?"

The confusion on his face was met with the bored look on the girl's as she scratched her head. "Believe me, Master, if I started questioning why you did half of what you do I'd never get anything done. You divined a hunter, so we got a few of the lackeys over there to find it. You said it was demonic, so we're prepping a summoning."

Seemingly satisfied with this answer, he nodded with a satisfied air about him. "Yeah, that does sound like something I would do. So let's get to it!" He raised his hand, a surge of energy flowing into the circle and making it release a wave of otherworldly force. The cultists were sent flying while the other two stood unphased, waiting to see what would be revealed as a pillar of dark energies erupted.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:14:54 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rundas

A pitch black miasma swirled over the summoning circle like a hurricane, while lightning cracked within. The magic and the weapon interacted strangely together. After all, that blade was part of her by all means, a shard of her hatred and desire in its own right. Smiply put, it was part of her soul taking the form of a relic. Limbs formed within the fog, twisting and churning before taking a proper shape.

And eventually, the vortex calmed itself. Once the smoke cleared, a large but lithe figure revealed itself, standing within the circle. The creature had nothing human, it looked like the cross between a knight and some abhorrent alien creature. No, more than that, it looked even more tall once you realized it was looking down at the two, glancing around its surroundings like a trained machine before turning its demonic gaze to the couple.

"What is the meaning of this?" The demon asked the two very calmly, with no anger or malice. Rather, it was confused, and perhaps even curious. But there was no mistake of what kind of being that was, you would delude yourself to think all it was after was idle chatter.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Lizzie

"Sit down you impetulent child!"

Her roar cut through the field like the sweeping hand of a giant. The Godslayer stood there uncaring for his imminent advance, she wasn't done yet. The fact he had resorted to violence already only exacerbated his childishness. It truly was a reflection of the past, a grimm reminder of things that had been and should have never come back.

But that was then, it was different now, she was different. "We are not done yet."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"Indeed." And as he said those simple words his blade had already swept through the fields in order to kiss her body. No, despite the weapon being a massive axe it was aimed precisely to kill rather than destroy. He had uses for her body, a body that had cost him countless materials. A body of someone who felt so familiar it might just accept him. It was no great loss, but this was more akin a matter of principle. If she truly pretended to understand him she should know he was way past the point of words.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:07:26 AM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
? ? ? ? ? ? ?     

Sanda snarled, not unlike some sort of wild beast. It wasn't out of malice, but the same kind of sound a predator would make when evaluating a challenger. But the small boy just shushed her with a "Down girl!"

His eyes examined the creature within the circle as he smiled wildly. Being in his gaze could make someone's skin crawl, an unnaturally piercing quality to them as they beared down on the demon.

"Hateful, empty, twisted spirit! I've summoned you to perform a task." The cultists had scrambled to their feet, praying desperately as they cut their flesh and offerings of rich life were made to the creature. "A great hunt, a terrible creature, slay it for me before the day has come to an end. Do this for me and bring me its body, and you will be free to wander this world."

The feral girl by his side just looked a bit fed up with this whole event. He kept her pent up for so long and then he summons someone else to do her job. What a bother.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rundas

Rather than reacting to his proposal, the demon looked at the girl and let out a pleased whistle before crossing her arms. "Hoho! That is a nice pet you have." She laughed her eagerness off as if singing with a voice as sweet as honey yet a gaze as demonic as a forest of thorns.

Her attention turned to the all too familiar crimson blade lying on the ground, broken but pristine in its own way in the middle of the circle. She picked it up and examined it, as if to make sure of its nature, or rather its state.

Realizing that it had been properly tended to, she praised the summoner nonchalantly. "You are skilled, and you did well to tend to my treasure beforehand. Commendable." Contrasting the girl, she spared no enthusiasm for the grinning boy. She didn't even pay heed to the scrambling cattle playing tribute. So that is what they used. That must explain why she was here. She had most definitely died that time, but somehow that kid brought her back. Tch.

"Tough luck kid. Your bitch looks so needy and wanting that it'd break my heart to deny her. Besides, only those willing to pay the price can wield my blade. You are unworthy." She told the summoner plainly.